Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (880078 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:07am On Apr 05, 2008
@Isiih
Unfortunately, PID cannot be revealed by a HSG. HSG only shows the patency of the tubes which may or may not be blocked in PID. I agree with the doctor that you might have had a prior infection that is no longer there. there are three other possibilities if the ultrasound is negative, endometriosis, pelvic adhesions or adenomyosis. Unfortunately, the only way to make a definitive diagnosis in these cases is surgery
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by konye(m): 11:20am On Apr 05, 2008
doc,
i am married no kids,25yrs old,1week after my period stopped i started bleeding for two weeks now not spotting bleeding,and i am not on any contraceptives,wat could the problem be.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 11:28pm On Apr 05, 2008
@konye
You might be experiencing an anovulatory cycle. If you are bleeding heavily, I would advise you to see your gyn. They will be able to prescribe some meds to help. Also do a pregnancy test, as routine. I wouldn't panic if this is the first time. It is not uncommon. Good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Krrush(m): 3:15am On Apr 06, 2008
kathyekiti:

@konye
You might be experiencing an anovulatory cycle. If you are bleeding heavily, I would advise you to see your gyn. They will be able to prescribe some meds to help. Also do a pregnancy test, as routine. I wouldn't panic if this is the first time. It is not uncommon. Good luck

Hmmm. . . . .

I suggest visiting this site,everyone. There,you could follow a day to day fact-file of medical doctors,and yes,get questions answered too.

http://MedicalFiles.mygamma.com

Stay healthy people!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:21pm On Apr 06, 2008
@krrush

why did the site insist I call and have pictures of Obama?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by shalata: 8:15pm On Apr 06, 2008
hello doc katiyekiti,
i saw you are good in answering question
pls i was confirm preganant a month 4th april and my LMP was on 1st march
and today i had heavy flow.with abdominal pain,
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by comoibo: 9:16am On Apr 07, 2008
Please doc, wats the safest contraceptive pill that will not have any side effect on a woman's reproductive system?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Izon(f): 10:19am On Apr 07, 2008
Hello Doc,
        Must say, more grease to your elbow, I pray the almighty God fulfilles all your heart desire and grant you great wisdom in helping others and bless you in multiple folds.
I will be married for two years come april, hubby is in the states, Houston, the good news is he's finally coming home after 5 years to start a family.
      No offence meant but please, I'm on the verge of loosing it, be kind enough to drop a note in my mail box so I could chat one on one PLEASESSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE. vickyuti79@yahoo.com. Today if possible. God bless you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 11:47pm On Apr 07, 2008
@shalata
My good friend, I would advise you to go to your OB right away. You need a thorough exam. Please feel free to email me after your visit
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:00am On Apr 08, 2008
@izon
my email is *deleted*  Drop a linesmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:01am On Apr 08, 2008
@comoibo
Which side effects are you worried about?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by redsun(m): 2:02am On Apr 08, 2008
This place is interesting,all sorts of talk,it is like agony aunty,good,i hope people find it useful for real.Health is wealth.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Cadet(f): 3:19am On Apr 08, 2008
Kathyekiti
recently, I've been feeling frail and week. sleep often and feel less desire to eat. sometimes i feel so dizzy that the only cure is to sleep. last time i went for my physical, my doctor told me that my iron level is low(cannot tell you the number, sorry). this has been going on for a couple of weeks. And i've even began to lose weight, which is not good. Am thinking maybe because my body is not producing enough RBC, but am not sure. what could be the case?

And I am definitely not pregnant, even though the signs and symptoms are similar. But I am definitely not pregnant.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:03am On Apr 09, 2008
@cadet

Do you have heavy periods?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Cadet(f): 3:26am On Apr 09, 2008
@Kathy
LOL. yes, i just recently had my periods. I know am not pregnant, trust me on that. Is it low blood count?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by lifegal(f): 8:50am On Apr 09, 2008
@ Dr. Kathy

Thanks for your advise, i went to the hosp. and explain to the dr. he said some spottings were signs of threaten abortions/ why some was nothing much to worry about and i shouldn't stress myself that much so he asked some few questions about sex and did said i just have to rest and relax. about the pelvic examination i did not do it, i was only scanned and i found out i was preggy with Twin.

May God bless u richly, no wonder i was eating like hell. grin grin grin
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:46am On Apr 10, 2008
@lifegal.
Twins!! Congrats!!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:47am On Apr 10, 2008
@ cadet
I don't think you are pregnant because YOU tell me you are not. However, heavy menses can lead to anemia. Once again, do you have heavy period?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MyPeace(f): 8:45am On Apr 10, 2008
Hello Doctor,

Can night fever be termed as morning sickness?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by uptowngirl(f): 9:27am On Apr 10, 2008
doctors ,pls i need ur opinion.i noticed milk comin out of my breast.both breast.yesterday,i quickly had a pregnancy test wit preg.test kit.it was negative.i saw my period march 27th and i have never had problems wit my menstraul flow. i actually thought i was ovulating and my breast was throbing.it was while i was massaging it gently i felt the wetness.i take a lot of milk and yogurt,could this be the cause?i am deeply troubled.i am 24,i weigh about 60kg and im 5.6.waiting 4 ur response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by shalata: 10:39am On Apr 10, 2008
hello kathyekiti,thanks for your reply.
i did preg test 2 times interval via blood it was still postive,inspite the pain abdominal pain,but still bleeding.
however i went to see a gy cos my husband and really want the baby,but we cound not see him.i move to a another part of the town and a friend recommen the hosp for us,but 2days ago i stop the bleeding and that ended the 6days of my bleeding or a normal period i dont flow to dat day max 4days,and i did urine test at home yesterday saw only a line red,meaning my baby is gone i was so angry i must say,but my husband still say is there i say no way it cant be.i will go for check up so it wont occur again,and pls what can be the cause and pls i will like you to tell me what are the test and things to under go b4 i paln to conceive again,i remenber that i ate too much peppper food that lead to the pain in my abdominal can it be the cause?am sorry pls help me
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by shalata: 10:51am On Apr 10, 2008
doc kath pls i need your reply in my previous question and pls help me what day can i conceive again i started the bleeding 5th april and ended 8th.and last month which is march i had it 1st to 4th. but this month i was confirm prergant 2 times 3rd and 7th before the bleeding that ended 5th,thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MyPeace(f): 11:45am On Apr 10, 2008
shalata:

doc kath please i need your reply in my previous question and please help me what day can i conceive again i started the bleeding 5th april and ended 8th.and last month which is march i had it 1st to 4th. but this month i was confirm prergant 2 times 3rd and 7th before the bleeding that ended 5th,thank you

pls give urself sometime, l learnt after miscarriage you are supposed to give a space of 3months before trying again to avoid recurrent miscarriage as in this case now.

l no be doc but give urself even if na 1month without trying. However, l understand the pressure to conceive.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by soulmatebj(f): 11:57am On Apr 10, 2008
Unfortunately, PID cannot be revealed by a HSG.  HSG only shows the patency of the tubes which may or may not be blocked in PID.  I agree with the doctor that you might have had a prior infection that is no longer there.  there are three other possibilities if the ultrasound is negative, endometriosis,  pelvic adhesions or adenomyosis.  Unfortunately, the only way to make a definitive diagnosis in these cases is surgery.

Thanks so if i have prior infection is it still going to be paining me. pls doctor in need ur help thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2ceAsNice(f): 1:26pm On Apr 10, 2008
Hi Docs,

I want to know why we ladies have dark spots between our laps, is it a sign of dirtiness or
it's as a result of the thighs rubbing? I hate it, my thighs are becoming dark, infact it peels and iche.
What do I need to do or apply,
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:33am On Apr 11, 2008
@mypeace

No.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:34am On Apr 11, 2008
@uptowngirl
It is normal to have a discharge when you squeeze the nipples. If you have a discharge without massaging your nipples, this might be a sign of a condition called galactorrhea. As of now, my advice would be leave your nipples alone.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:37am On Apr 11, 2008
@shalata
Do not blame yourself. As hard as it is to accept, the number one cause of 1st trimester miscarriages is genetic abnormalities. It is nature's way. This doesn't give much comfort to you but neither will blaming peppery food for the miscarriage. My main advice would be the use of prenatal vitamins prior to conception. Good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:39am On Apr 11, 2008
@2ce
Nope. It is simply a matter of friction. Just like the knees or elbows
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by goldenhand(f): 11:56am On Apr 11, 2008
Hi docs,
I want a male child, How could I go about it?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by goldenhand(f): 11:59am On Apr 11, 2008
Hi docs,
I want a male child, How can I av it?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by comoibo: 2:37pm On Apr 11, 2008
Doc the side effects im talking about with contraceptive pills is infertility

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.