Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,160 members, 7,849,592 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:38 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (883180 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Babyface92: 7:51pm On Mar 16, 2016
Thank you doc. I have done three different abdomino-pelvic scans and the results stated normal scan. Will do the full blood count test as instructed, thanks for answering my question.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by unbranded13(f): 8:55pm On Mar 16, 2016
hello docs in the house,Pls can someone advice and prescribe drugs for this laboratory result... Thanks in advance!
Pictures attached
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by owagbeba: 8:20am On Mar 17, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello owegbeba

Please post the labs reference range.
Why did you run those tests?
Any relevant briefing I should know about?

The slight elevation in creatinine could be negligible or an indicator of impending kidney problems.

Hello Baxilexi

Sex -M / middle age
Weight -83kg
Height -179cm
Blood pressure -123/79
Race: African

History: no known history of kidney problems.

Purpose of blood check : routine annual medical checkup.

Stats:

PCV -38%. (Range: 36 ~ 50%)
WBC -5100%.(Range: 400~10,000%)
Baso -0%. (Range: 0~1%)
Mono-3%. (Range: 2~8%)
Eosin -1%. (Range:0~6%)
Lymph-30%. (Range: 20-40%)
Differential Neut-66% (Range 45-70)

Clinical Biochem:
Sodium -141mEq/L (Range 135~155)

Potasium-3.9mEq/L (Range 3.5~5.5)

Bicarbonat-28mEq/L (Range 24~32)

Chloride-100mEq/L (Range 96~106)

Urea(BUN)-23.82mg/dL(Range10~55)

BloodSugar-82mg/dL (Range75~115)

Creatinine-1.34mg/dL(Range 0.4~1.1)

The creatinine level is slightly elevated. Although some medical website factor in race in eGFR calculation, I want to be sure this is not an issue.

Your best advice is needed. I really appreciate your effort. Thanks a lot, doctor.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 17, 2016
Doctor, I have been TTC for 3yrs plus. First period for the year came on 15th of January and exactly 1st of this month, I started having brown stains. Gradually, it increased to brown spotting and finally my period came on the 15th of this month.
Please, what could be the likely cause of the prolonged spotting.
Note: period has always been irregular with spotting ahead of it but not as long as this. I also have polycystic ovaries.
Thanks for ur response in advance.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 11:43am On Mar 17, 2016
owagbeba:

Hello Baxilexi

Sex -M / middle age
Weight -83kg
Height -179cm
Blood pressure -123/79
Race: African

History: no known history of kidney problems.

Purpose of blood check : routine annual medical checkup.

Stats:

PCV -38%. (Range: 36 ~ 50%)
WBC -5100%.(Range: 400~10,000%)
Baso -0%. (Range: 0~1%)
Mono-3%. (Range: 2~8%)
Eosin -1%. (Range:0~6%)
Lymph-30%. (Range: 20-40%)
Differential Neut-66% (Range 45-70)

Clinical Biochem:
Sodium -141mEq/L (Range 135~155)

Potasium-3.9mEq/L (Range 3.5~5.5)

Bicarbonat-28mEq/L (Range 24~32)

Chloride-100mEq/L (Range 96~106)

Urea(BUN)-23.82mg/dL(Range10~55)

BloodSugar-82mg/dL (Range75~115)

Creatinine-1.34mg/dL(Range 0.4~1.1)

The creatinine level is slightly elevated. Although some medical website factor in race in eGFR calculation, I want to be sure this is not an issue.

Your best advice is needed. I really appreciate your effort. Thanks a lot, doctor.

Hello owagbeba

You're ok Sir. Drink more water. Stay healthy.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 11:54am On Mar 17, 2016
unbranded13:
hello docs in the house,Pls can someone advice and prescribe drugs for this laboratory result... Thanks in advance!
Pictures attached

Hello unbranded

Your urine is very acidic, watch what you eat. You can google foods that lower pH.

Secondly, you've got yeast infection. Do nystatin pessary 1 nightly * 1week.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 11:56am On Mar 17, 2016
triangullar:
Doctor, I have been TTC for 3yrs plus. First period for the year came on 15th of January and exactly 1st of this month, I started having brown stains. Gradually, it increased to brown spotting and finally my period came on the 15th of this month.
Please, what could be the likely cause of the prolonged spotting.
Note: period has always been irregular with spotting ahead of it but not as long as this. I also have polycystic ovaries.
Thanks for ur response in advance.

Hello triangullar

Irregular menses is a product of PCOS, how have you been treating it?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by fearless07(f): 12:44pm On Mar 17, 2016
Good day Doc, please is it safe or advisable to take anti malaria after treating malaria with lumartem at 17weeks?. I am 20weeks pregnant now and my doctor said am to take IPT but she said she would give me at my next appointment. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Babyface92: 1:38pm On Mar 17, 2016
Babyface92:
Good day doc. Pls I'm a lady of 24 yrs. I was treated of a staph infection about 4 months ago. I also did a confirmatory MCS test to ascertain whether I was free from the infection. It was negative. My question however is that I experience this pain which lasts for less than 3 mins The pain has been on and off for about some months, dunno exactly. It affects my whole stomach, it is not restricted to a particular side and lower back. I also get this ache whenever I am nervous. Pls what is this? Awaiting your response,thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rukkington(f): 4:27pm On Mar 17, 2016
Good day Dr, pls is it advisable to use clomid without Dr prescription

With royal jelly and omega 369, will I start ovulating again or I will av to use anoda drug for dat
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 17, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello triangullar

Irregular menses is a product of PCOS, how have you been treating it?
Sometime ago, I was placed on bcp but I stopped it cos I felt it was delaying my conception. I am in a new location now and have the intention of locating a good gynaecologist soon.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by owagbeba: 7:25pm On Mar 17, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello owagbeba
You're ok Sir. Drink more water. Stay healthy.
Thanks a lot, Baxilexi
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by unbranded13(f): 10:34pm On Mar 17, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello unbranded
Your urine is very acidic, watch what you eat. You can google foods that lower pH.
Secondly, you've got yeast infection. Do nystatin pessary 1 nightly * 1week.

Thanks Baxilexi for the reply. Sorry to disturb but I will like you to explain more about the nystatin pessary is/are they drugs to be taken or exercise
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 11:38pm On Mar 17, 2016
fearless07:
Good day Doc, please is it safe or advisable to take anti malaria after treating malaria with lumartem at 17weeks?. I am 20weeks pregnant now and my doctor said am to take IPT but she said she would give me at my next appointment. Thanks.

Hello fearless07

IPT is traditionally done at about the previous time you took antimalarial. Anyway, my concern is are there symptoms of malaria or your doctor wants to treat empirically?

If you test result is neg. for malaria, postpone treatment to a later date.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 11:49pm On Mar 17, 2016
[quote author=Babyface92 post=43853788][/quote]

Hello babyface92

I think your complaints are unrelated. Poorly localized pain is an attribute of inside-stomach organs crying out, when the cause of the pain gets more severe you'll be able to pin-point it.

When did the pain start?
Any other symptoms, like loss of appetite, fever, diarrhoea or constipation?

Do these tests soonest.
Do a full blood count
Abdominal ultrasound
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 11:54pm On Mar 17, 2016
Rukkington:
Good day Dr, pls is it advisable to use clomid without Dr prescription

With royal jelly and omega 369, will I start ovulating again or I will av to use anoda drug for dat

Hello rukkington

Don't succumb to the pressure. You'll be fine.

Clomid, do not use it without the doctors knowledge. Moreover it most likely will not work considering your lab. Report.

You can take the Royal jelly and omega 369

STILL, get the prolactin levels within range. Visit the clinic.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 11:56pm On Mar 17, 2016
unbranded13:

Thanks Baxilexi for the reply. Sorry to disturb but I will like you to explain more about the nystatin pessary is/are they drugs to be taken or exercise

Drugs to be take. Approach your nearest pharmacy, purchase it and use as directed.

You'll be using an applicator to insert it into the vagina.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by fearless07(f): 8:48am On Mar 18, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello fearless07

IPT is traditionally done at about the previous time you took antimalarial. Anyway, my concern is are there symptoms of malaria or your doctor wants to treat empirically?

If you test result is neg. for malaria, postpone treatment to a later date.
Thanks for your response Doc. I don't have any symptoms of malaria, like I said the malaria has already been treated at 17weeks. She said I am supposed to take 1PT at 20weeks but she side she would give me at my next appointment which is on the 12th of April when I would be 24weeks. I want to know if its advisable or safe? Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Babyface92: 12:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
I have done three abdomino-pelvic scans and the results were normal. Thanks for answering my question.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by happymummy(f): 6:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
Report: The scout film shows normal bony and soft tissue outline. Following the retrograde injection of about 30mls of 76% urograffin through a Leech-Wilkinson canula,there was opacification of a moderate capacity uterus with irregular margins, and small sized persistent filling drfects. There is slight leftwards displacement of the uterine cavity. Both fallopian tubes were not demonstrated, and there was no free intraperitoneal spillage of contrast bilaterally. Extravasation of contrast is noted

Conclusion : the findings are suggestive of uterine fibroids, subserous, with bilateral tubal occulation.
A repeat HSG is advised following surgical intervention
what Is ur advise‎
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by happymummy(f): 7:06pm On Mar 18, 2016
good evening doctor
please I need ur attention and answer
I did pelvic scan on the 3rd, this is the result
USS shows a bulky, non- gravid anteverted uterus measuring 12.1cm * 8.9cm * 10.1cm‎ (L * AP * T)
There are multiple uterine fibroids measuring 4.7cm * 3.3cm (intramural and anterior) , 
3.3cm* 2.1cm‎ (submucous and anterior), and
4.3cm* 3.0cm (submucous and posterior). 
The endometrial thickness appears normal.
Both Adnexae are normal.
No significant pelvic fund collection.

did
investigation :/ HVS /M/C/S sample provided: SWAB MICRO:
Pus Cells: 0-1/hpf Epith Cells (+) Yeast Cells (Nil) Others (Nil)
CULTURE : yielded no significant bacterial growth after 48hrs
of incubation at 37degree Celsius

started Mp 7/3/3016 lasted for 5 days

did Hsg on day 10,this is the result
Report:
The scout film shows normal bony and soft tissue outline.
Following the retrograde injection of about 30mls of 76%
urograffin through a Leech-Wilkinson canula,there was
opacification of a moderate capacity uterus with irregular
margins, and small sized persistent filling drfects.
There is slight leftwards displacement of the uterine cavity.
Both fallopian tubes were not demonstrated, and there was
no free intraperitoneal spillage of contrast bilaterally.
Extravasation of contrast is noted

Conclusion : the findings are suggestive of uterine fibroids,
subserous, with bilateral tubal occulation.

can I get pregnant with surgical intervention and what medications can I take?
been ttc for 2years 3 months now
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by unbranded13(f): 8:50pm On Mar 19, 2016
Thanks alot, doc. I really appreciate
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by beautychoco(f): 4:44pm On Mar 20, 2016
Pls Doctor, I had my first child by CS, when can I have another child? (Year interval) . Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 22, 2016
Modify

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:39am On Mar 22, 2016
@Baxilexi Good Morning Doc,
I did SA and my morphology rate was at 1%, everything else is fine. Is this enough not to be able to impregnate my wife , been married for 8mth or am i just worried?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Janix2: 5:59am On Mar 22, 2016
Goodmorning doc,I noticed that my period has reduced,it quite scanty,and doesn't really flow well especially at ngt,though I use 2 pads twice daily but they don't get filled up?
Tryin to figure out a cause or is it normal?

Also notice occasional pain on my right abdominal region,used to think it was appendictis but is not,i feel the pain more durin my mid cycle
I don't have an infection,cos test says so
Am also ttcing.
Thank doc
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 9:35am On Mar 22, 2016
happymummy:
good evening doctor
please I need ur attention and answer
I did pelvic scan on the 3rd, this is the result
USS shows a bulky, non- gravid anteverted uterus measuring 12.1cm * 8.9cm * 10.1cm‎ (L * AP * T)
There are multiple uterine fibroids measuring 4.7cm * 3.3cm (intramural and anterior) , 
3.3cm* 2.1cm‎ (submucous and anterior), and
4.3cm* 3.0cm (submucous and posterior). 
The endometrial thickness appears normal.
Both Adnexae are normal.
No significant pelvic fund collection.

did
investigation :/ HVS /M/C/S sample provided: SWAB MICRO:
Pus Cells: 0-1/hpf Epith Cells (+) Yeast Cells (Nil) Others (Nil)
CULTURE : yielded no significant bacterial growth after 48hrs
of incubation at 37degree Celsius

started Mp 7/3/3016 lasted for 5 days

did Hsg on day 10,this is the result
Report:
The scout film shows normal bony and soft tissue outline.
Following the retrograde injection of about 30mls of 76%
urograffin through a Leech-Wilkinson canula,there was
opacification of a moderate capacity uterus with irregular
margins, and small sized persistent filling drfects.
There is slight leftwards displacement of the uterine cavity.
Both fallopian tubes were not demonstrated, and there was
no free intraperitoneal spillage of contrast bilaterally.
Extravasation of contrast is noted

Conclusion : the findings are suggestive of uterine fibroids,
subserous, with bilateral tubal occulation.

can I get pregnant with surgical intervention and what medications can I take?
been ttc for 2years 3 months now

Can you get pregnant with surgical intervention? You don't have to do a surgery, collateral damages is too big a risk to hazard. I'll suggest you visit an Artificial reproductive technology clinic. Lesser risks and better outcome by the grace of God.

Medication? I have no clinical experience with the drug 'serrapeptase' as a drug for tubal patency, but its been making the rounds of late, especially here on nairaland.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 9:38am On Mar 22, 2016
beautychoco:
Pls Doctor, I had my first child by CS, when can I have another child? (Year interval) . Thanks

Hello beautychoco

I'd suggest 2 years minimum, especially if you have plans of delivering vaginally, in your next pregnancy.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 9:42am On Mar 22, 2016
enatasha:
Hello doctor, please can myomectomy be conducted using regional anaesthesia? What is the risk associated with regional anaesthesia in myomectomy.

Hello enatasha

A myomectomy can be conducted using regional anaesthesia. Am thinking spinal anaesthesia when I say regional.

Risks associated, same as with general use of anaesthesia. By experience it proffers a better outcome and lesser risks than general anaesthesia.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 9:52am On Mar 22, 2016
Tritri:
@Baxilexi Good Morning Doc,
I did SA and my morphology rate was at 1%, everything else is fine. Is this enough not to be able to impregnate my wife , been married for 8mth or am i just worried?

Hello tritri

A morphology of 1% is really poor, and is the likey cause of your subfertility. You need to adopt testes protective measures, such as baking the nuts, either through saunas, hot surfaces(car bonnet) or hot baths. Radiation, hygiene etc
While you do the above, you can start ADDYZOA, it a drug that improves sperm quality.
Also, skip sex for this month, your swimmers need to mature. When I say sex I mean anything that will make you ejaculate.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by fearless07(f): 9:53am On Mar 22, 2016
fearless07:
Thanks for your response Doc. I don't have any symptoms of malaria, like I said the malaria has already been treated at 17weeks. She said I am supposed to take 1PT at 20weeks but she side she would give me at my next appointment which is on the 12th of April when I would be 24weeks. I want to know if its advisable or safe? Thanks.
Hello Doc, please am still waiting for an answer. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 9:54am On Mar 22, 2016
Janix2:
Goodmorning doc,I noticed that my period has reduced,it quite scanty,and doesn't really flow well especially at ngt,though I use 2 pads twice daily but they don't get filled up?
Tryin to figure out a cause or is it normal?

Also notice occasional pain on my right abdominal region,used to think it was appendictis but is not,i feel the pain more durin my mid cycle
I don't have an infection,cos test says so
Am also ttcing.
Thank doc

Hello janix2

Have you do a pelvic ultrasound scan of late?

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.