Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Please,kindly Read And Advice, Sir's And Ma's. Thanks! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please,kindly Read And Advice, Sir's And Ma's. Thanks! (1266 Views)

Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers / Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul / Pls Kindly Read And Give Advice,thanks And God Bless U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please,kindly Read And Advice, Sir's And Ma's. Thanks! by mobiss(m): 5:51pm On Sep 11, 2012
God bless u Sir's and Ma's,as u read and reply.

Hi professionals, i'm a graduate of Mechanical Engineering with a strong ambition to working for oil and gas coy's. But all my effort towards my dream job,seems,so challenging to meet up with,coz i graduated with second class lower division and the said industry don't even think about giving graduates of my grade a chance at all,expect u av Masters degree to buttress ur 1st degree; which i dont av for now. But to meet up with this future dream of mine,i'm under a international certification welding programme sponsored by F.G in patnership with PTDF and NIW i.e:Nigeria Institute of Welding. This programme is to help train nigerians in pipe welding job which is applicable in the industry. The first phase of the programe is gone and we've been on break for the past 3months,hoping to be summoned for the 2nd out of the 3-phase programme.
Also, due to the long vacation,I thought of getting myself busy,so,I decided to scout for a temporary job. And luckly i got a structural engineering job with an engineering firm around my area,but, no pay for now. At least i'm gainning some field and design experience. But the dilemma issue i'm facing now is that i don't want to lose this present job opportunity of mine due to the present job situation in the country,even thou they are not paying me now,likewise,i want to av that certificate. My questions...

How relevant and useful are pipe welders in oil and gas industry?

Can I combine my basic Mech. Engineering knowledge(even thou i don't av any work experince in that field)with this structural thing?

Also,if i add this welder's certificate with my 1st degree in Mech. Engr, do i av a chance of getting employed with oil and gas coy's? Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Water And Sewage Treatment Certification / 18 Things I Wish Someone Told Me When I Was 18 (part 1) / I Want To Leave My Job Worth Of #50k For My Education......please, Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.