Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul (16625 Views)

You're Unemployed, Broke And Frustrated. What Do You Do?... / Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? / SOS Help A Frustrated Job Seeker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Robertomatteo: 8:36am On Dec 05, 2012
I have always heard that succeeding in Nigeria without going into crime is very hard but I have always waved it aside when I see young men and women at the top of their fields doing great. I have always wished that one day I could be like one of these people.

Now, I graduated since 2010 and have served but till now am yet to get any reasonable Job. I stay in Abuja and have submitted applications to virtually every thinkable corner but regrettably, I have only been called up by people offering only blue collar appointments. Places that do not have any means of impacting on your life career wise. Currently, I am working with a guy dealing in phone accessories just to get money for daily meals. Why I am so frustrated is that I am the first in a family of 9 and with my graduation, my parents thought I would be of help to the family soon after school but alas, their dreams don't look like coming to pass. Now, I am being tempted to join a drug trafficking circle. I know all the inherent risk in this type of business but what other choice do I have? I was thinking all through the night and I just thought of coming here to see if I can get alternative help.

Like I said, I stay in Abuja. I am looking for a Job that can pay me N50,000 for a start at least. I don't mind what the Job entails, heck it doesn't even have to be the usual white collar job. Any role that can give me a steady income with room for expansion and advancement in the future.
Please nairalanders, I believe someone on this site can be used by God to turn things around for me. I don't want to go into January next year with this uncertainty hanging around my neck.

And yes, feel free to insult me for indulging in self-pity.

11 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by topsyking: 9:08am On Dec 05, 2012
Omo pple dey vex o.,nobody reply dis guy
.u kip posting ur link on every topic...
.we don c am..we sef dey hustle...boiz r not smile..na red eye red eye we dey..igbo smoke in d air..zlabanlabango...sekenesekene..hahahahahaha
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Robertomatteo: 9:11am On Dec 05, 2012
topsyking: Omo pple dey vex o.,nobody reply dis guy
.u kip posting ur link on every topic...
.we don c am..we sef dey hustle...boiz r not smile..na red eye red eye we dey..igbo smoke in d air..zlabanlabango...sekenesekene..hahahahahaha
Its a real pity...
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Sunymoore(m): 9:31am On Dec 05, 2012
I wish u were in my shoe and the other way round
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by mrkels(m): 10:22am On Dec 05, 2012
Guyman, just continue in the job hustle, I also finished in 2010 and even though it was hard for the remaining part of last year, I eventually secured a job. Its all about applying to the right places and attending tests and doing well in the interviews.

Btw...first bank is currently recruiting and the pay I hear is way over 200k after confirmation. So start from there. I did it last year , its really simple. Just an online 5 questions test, then another physical one with maybe workforce or dragnet, interview and then AC. In no time if you are successful, you would be smiling soon.
Also....the banking industry is the easiest industry for a graduate of any discipline to enter right now IMHO( I stand corrected though). Focus there for just 4months and I assure you, you would get a job.
Wish you goodluck in all your endevours.

9 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 05, 2012
These are the kind of Topics meant to be on the frontpage but we will never see them. If not for the guy spreading his links I won't have seen this. My guy just keep on struggling. Like a line in one of Chris Brown's song says, 'it could get ugly before it gets beautiful'..
Hopefully more people will give more recommendations.

3 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Robertomatteo: 10:40am On Dec 05, 2012
mrkels: Guyman, just continue in the job hustle, I also finished in 2010 and even though it was hard for the remaining part of last year, I eventually secured a job. Its all about applying to the right places and attending tests and doing well in the interviews.

Btw...first bank is currently recruiting and the pay I hear is way over 200k after confirmation. So start from there. I did it last year , its really simple. Just an online 5 questions test, then another physical one with maybe workforce or dragnet, interview and then AC. In no time if you are successful, you would be smiling soon.
Also....the banking industry is the easiest industry for a graduate of any discipline to enter right now IMHO( I stand corrected though). Focus there for just 4months and I assure you, you would get a job.
Wish you goodluck in all your endevours.
God bless you bro. Kindly give me the application link to the FirstBank job.
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Robertomatteo: 10:41am On Dec 05, 2012
Zeddicus: These are the kind of Topics meant to be on the frontpage but we will never see them. If not for the guy spreading his links I won't have seen this. My guy just keep on struggling. Like a line in one of Chris Brown's song says, 'it could get ugly before it gets beautiful'..
Hopefully more people will give more recommendations.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Jarus(m): 1:04pm On Dec 05, 2012
You write quite well,which, to a reasonable extent, presents you as someone good enough for white collar job.

Truth, unfortunately, is there is excess supply of qualified people for white collar jobs. So it is highly competitive; hundreds of hthousands of people like you competing for few spaces.

Banks and financial institutions in general still remain the largest absorber of skilled labour, despite the challenges in the last few years.

What is your discipline?
What did you graduate with?

Have you ever been called for tests? What was your performance in the tests?

I understand your position, the pressure, the justified expectations from your parents etc, but you don't have to take to crime. Please don't; you will only compound the challenges of your parents, if things go awry.

Retain your honour, keep pushing. You finished 2010, meaning you completed NYSC 2011 in the earliest. That's not too long, frankly. I know people that searched for jobs for 5 years and it wasn't that they were not qualified. My closest friend in teh university, who had a 2-1, strong 2-1 (4-point plus), stayed two years at home after our NYSC before he got a bank job.

So I can only only advise you keep pushing. You can be exploring self-employment alternatives too, thinking of what you can do, what special skills you can acquire.

6 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by dradoyi(m): 1:07pm On Dec 05, 2012
pls this thread should be on the front page. I can imagine the number of Nigerian youths who re in the same condition and being pushed to the verge of engaging in such unlawful acts. All these re due to the type of corrupt leaders we have. Its long overdue for a revolution.

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Robertomatteo: 1:31pm On Dec 05, 2012
Jarus: You write quite well,which, to a reasonable extent, presents you as someone good enough for white collar job.

Truth, unfortunately, is there is excess supply of qualified people for white collar jobs. So it is highly competitive; hundreds of hthousands of people like you competing for few spaces.

Banks and financial institutions in general still remain the largest absorber of skilled labour, despite the challenges in the last few years.

What is your discipline?
What did you graduate with?

Have you ever been called for tests? What was your performance in the tests?

I understand your position, the pressure, the justified expectations from your parents etc, but you don't have to take to crime. Please don't; you will only compound the challenges of your parents, if things go awry.

Retain your honour, keep pushing. You finished 2010, meaning you completed NYSC 2011 in the earliest. That's not too long, frankly. I know people that searched for jobs for 5 years and it wasn't that they were not qualified. My closest friend in teh university, who had a 2-1, strong 2-1 (4-point plus), stayed two years at home after our NYSC before he got a bank job.

So I can only only advise you keep pushing. You can be exploring self-employment alternatives too, thinking of what you can do, what special skills you can acquire.
Thank you Mr Jarus for the kind words and compliments. I read Environmental Biology in school and finished with a second class lower. I have not been called up for any interview yet and often times I lay it down to the fact that I graduated with a second class lower in a less glamorous course of study but the truth is that I know what I can offer as an individual.

When it comes to skills, the only one I have is the ability to write. However, in these months I have been Idle, I have been cheated countless times all in the name of writing for people. No one wants to pay, and those that will pay can only part with paltry sums barely enough to pay for the internet research time. If I have been able to land a writing or editing job with reasonable pay, I won't be in this situation today.

Regarding having patience, I wish I could do more than this. You are right with my Graduation and NYSC timing but Sir, I simply cannot afford to go into next year without anything doing. Who knows, I could even be thrown out of the current place am staying anytime soon as the guy am staying with is already showing negative vibes and going back home will only kill my parents a little further.

Painfully, I see people I am much better than academically landing positions all over Abuja (both government and private parastatals on a daily basis).
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by topsyking: 1:35pm On Dec 05, 2012
dradoyi: pls this thread should be on the front page. I can imagine the number of Nigerian youths who re in the same condition and being pushed to the verge of engaging in such unlawful acts. All these re due to the type of corrupt leaders we have. Its long overdue for a revolution.
Why u Pple calling for frontpage..most it be on frontpage..I hope not d same person here..anyway if u want us to av revolution in nigeria then there must be a sacrifice...just like in tunisia..the graduate guy set himself abaze and revolution start..maybe dats wht we need in naija...wat do u tink
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Jarus(m): 1:56pm On Dec 05, 2012
Robertomatteo:
Thank you Mr Jarus for the kind words and compliments. I read Environmental Biology in school and finished with a second class lower. I have not been called up for any interview yet and often times I lay it down to the fact that I graduated with a second class lower in a less glamorous course of study but the truth is that I know what I can offer as an individual.

When it comes to skills, the only one I have is the ability to write. However, in these months I have been Idle, I have been cheated countless times all in the name of writing for people. No one wants to pay, and those that will pay can only part with paltry sums barely enough to pay for the internet research time. If I have been able to land a writing or editing job with reasonable pay, I won't be in this situation today.

Regarding having patience, I wish I could do more than this. You are right with my Graduation and NYSC timing but Sir, I simply cannot afford to go into next year without anything doing. Who knows, I could even be thrown out of the current place am staying anytime soon as the guy am staying with is already showing negative vibes and going back home will only kill my parents a little further.

Painfully, I see people I am much better than academically landing positions all over Abuja (both government and private parastatals on a daily basis).
I feel your pain. It's appearing you know your onions and your being out of job is not because of personal deficiency.

Well, I wont advise taking to anything unholy. I can only say, just keep pushing, dont get frustrated.
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Robertomatteo: 1:59pm On Dec 05, 2012
topsyking:
Why u Pple calling for frontpage..most it be on frontpage..I hope not d same person here..anyway if u want us to av revolution in nigeria then there must be a sacrifice...just like in tunisia..the graduate guy set himself abaze and revolution start..maybe dats wht we need in naija...wat do u tink
Even though you can't string a sentence of English together, I can see the mockery in your post. Not your fault bro..go on.

7 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Robertomatteo: 2:00pm On Dec 05, 2012
Jarus:
I feel your pain. It's appearing you know your onions and your being out of job is not because of personal deficiency.

Well, I wont advise taking to anything unholy. I can only say, just keep pushing, dont get frustrated.

Thanks a lot Sir.
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by atasteve: 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2012
I don't know if you are ready to switch career.

I have a vacancy on buidling a career in HR; you may send your CV to

igoche.egwu@firstcitygroup.com for the role of HR trainee. Age limit is 28 years.

You may also send your e-mail address to me so that if I come across any vacancy, I can send to you.

14 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by salolo(m): 2:27pm On Dec 05, 2012
God will help you continue
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:28pm On Dec 05, 2012
Yo,
I cannot say I know how you feel, and there is really no need to flog the horse of degree and what not.
Have you considered moving somewhere else?
If the competition is too fierce and you are feeling the heat why not move somewhere else where what you are able to secure would at least be sufficient to float you for a while?
I have always felt Abuja was a place that gulped a lot of money but barely produced much, I could be wrong but try and have a relocation rethink.
Remember, a one eyed man is king in the land of the blind.
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by luckgood(m): 2:29pm On Dec 05, 2012
I BE GOD
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by luckgood(m): 2:29pm On Dec 05, 2012
I BE GOD
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Robertomatteo: 2:30pm On Dec 05, 2012
atasteve: I don't know if you are ready to switch career.

I have a vacancy on buidling a career in HR; you may send your CV to

igoche.egwu@firstcitygroup.com for the role of HR trainee. Age limit is 28 years.

You may also send your e-mail address to me so that if I come across any vacancy, I can send to you.
God bless you sir. I will forward my email and CV to you.
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Dansy(f): 2:31pm On Dec 05, 2012
U dont have problem, let me advice u. I graduated in 2001 and i got a job in 2007. U can imagine, i stayed at home for five years.I wasted five years doing nothing. Pls, dont waste away, u can learn furniture, tailoring etc with ur education,ur packaging will be different. The education u have will definitely give u upper hand. A word is enough for the wise. U must know that going to higher institution, don't guarantee white collar job

13 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by misreal(m): 2:31pm On Dec 05, 2012
Omo na wa oh.job for naija na wa oh.i am in de university dats y each tym i come into threads like this,i feel like crying.

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by kenbee(f): 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2012
Mine, Urs and Everyone's help is in the name of the Almighty God alone!!!
So, take ur problem to God in prayers.

3 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Robertomatteo: 2:33pm On Dec 05, 2012
Chrisbenogor: Yo,
I cannot say I know how you feel, and there is really no need to flog the horse of degree and what not.
Have you considered moving somewhere else?
If the competition is too fierce and you are feeling the heat why not move somewhere else where what you are able to secure would at least be sufficient to float you for a while?
I have always felt Abuja was a place that gulped a lot of money but barely produced much, I could be wrong but try and have a relocation rethink.
Remember, a one eyed man is king in the land of the blind.
Thanks for your post. One can only relocate if he has some capital in his pocket. You can't go where you do not have anyone to at least put you through the paces of the environment.
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by jimblaze(m): 2:36pm On Dec 05, 2012
@ poster, dont give up! God will surelly give you your desired turnaround, think of the shame you will bring your family if you do join that trafficking ring!keep the hustle going! i got a job without a degree by Gods favour and they pay me the same things as a graduate! so be hopeful, it is well....ps have you giving your life to Christ?
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by AjanleKoko: 2:37pm On Dec 05, 2012
Robertomatteo: I have always heard that succeeding in Nigeria without going into crime is very hard but I have always waved it aside when I see young men and women at the top of their fields doing great. I have always wished that one day I could be like one of these people.

Now, I graduated since 2010 and have served but till now am yet to get any reasonable Job. I stay in Abuja and have submitted applications to virtually every thinkable corner but regrettably, I have only been called up by people offering only blue collar appointments. Places that do not have any means of impacting on your life career wise. Currently, I am working with a guy dealing in phone accessories just to get money for daily meals. Why I am so frustrated is that I am the first in a family of 9 and with my graduation, my parents thought I would be of help to the family soon after school but alas, their dreams don't look like coming to pass. Now, I am being tempted to join a drug trafficking circle. I know all the inherent risk in this type of business but what other choice do I have? I was thinking all through the night and I just thought of coming here to see if I can get alternative help.

Like I said, I stay in Abuja. I am looking for a Job that can pay me N50,000 for a start at least. I don't mind what the Job entails, heck it doesn't even have to be the usual white collar job. Any role that can give me a steady income with room for expansion and advancement in the future.
Please nairalanders, I believe someone on this site can be used by God to turn things around for me. I don't want to go into January next year with this uncertainty hanging around my neck.

Why not take up the blue-collar jobs, as a start?
And what kind of blue-collar jobs? Most of the jobs you refer to as blue-collar are actually white collar jobs, but maybe not graduate-level jobs.
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by k10: 2:41pm On Dec 05, 2012
You just can't give up, why don't you use the brains you would use for the drug trafficking to something better. It is not easy, I know but we all have our stories to tell. All I can say is don't give up, there is a always a way, just think harder.
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by ElMatteo(m): 2:41pm On Dec 05, 2012
I have to telkl you the hard truth my friend. WE can keep blaming the high level of unemployment in Nigeria on the government. Yes! They are guilty but the issue is that how can we help ourselves even with this insensitive government. God has placed too much in you for u to waste it on the alter of self pity.
Many graduates believe that the only way for them to make a living is to get a paid job and they still keep looking for it to no avail. I know many graduates that get paid 15k a month. That to me is an insult on you.
The point is that there are many opportunities in Nigeria and you need not look for a job but u can create one yourself. Explore the entrepreneur in you and stop looking for a job.
Start with whatever you have. Explore your passion and do things people can readily pay you for. It may not be easy at the start cos of course, you will readily face some challenges but who says easy should be in your dictionary.

It depends on the way you see the situation in the country. Nigeria has a lot of problems but so does it have a lot of opportunities. I am not just trying to motivate you, I'm giving you real life application that can help you build your own business and enjoy financial independence.

I will give you an example of sth you can start on your own and be your own boss, I created a thread on this at https://www.nairaland.com/1116339/it-yourself-importation-guide-free
This is something you can start with lil money and you can build and even employ pple to work for you. All the information there is free and you can mail me if you need any more details.
It is more blessed to be an employer than an employee!!!!!
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 05, 2012
Already I have discredited you:

1. Are you telling us you want to join a drug gang as a form of threat? You want us to be under duress to give you a job?

2. Secondly, you are supposedly looking for a job and all you care about to tell us is the minimum salary you need? Who does that? Why not tell us your qualifications and your special skills?

3. Please my friend you are free to be in a drug...Remember there is no justification for crime and going by your above post...I don't even think you will be a good employee! There is a lot of room for improvement on your side.

THANKS!

CRAMJONES

5 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by davroca16(m): 2:44pm On Dec 05, 2012
Robertomatteo: I have always heard that succeeding in Nigeria without going into crime is very hard but I have always waved it aside when I see young men and women at the top of their fields doing great. I have always wished that one day I could be like one of these people.

@op the bible says the struggles of this world is niether for. The swift nor the strong. But it is for those that give the almighty GOD the chance to take controll over their life. Some. Wealthy people did not get their wealth because of their nice grades in school, most of them did not complete their education, they had their wealth because they found favour in GOD. Ur certificate contributes just 9 percent of the sucess u can aquire in life I.e if GOD wants to bless you he does not need ur grades nor ur certificates all HE needs from u is just for u to TRUST him, have faith in HIM. and deVote some of ur time to GOD by praying. That's all u need for GOD to bless you...................

3 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Robertomatteo: 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Why not take up the blue-collar jobs, as a start?
And what kind of blue-collar jobs? Most of the jobs you refer to as blue-collar are actually white collar jobs, but maybe not graduate-level jobs.
By blue-collar, I was referring to roles like salesboy etc. which is actually what I am doing now in the phone accessories shop.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Certification Can I Do As An Engineer? / Thread For Aspiring Lecturers / What Certification's Are Important For A Business Administration Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.