Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,081 members, 7,828,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Performance Parts - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Performance Parts (928 Views)

Car Mileage And Engine Performance / Euro/American Vs Asian Cars (Reliability, Durability & Performance) / How Does Engine Oil Affect Motor Engine Performance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Performance Parts by Tobiizzy(m): 1:13am On Sep 12, 2012
Where can I find performance parts in Lagos or anywhere in Nigeria
I need turbo chargers etc
Re: Performance Parts by aAK1(m): 2:08am On Sep 12, 2012
Just buy them online.be sure u have someone competent to fit it.I will advice u go for a supper charger.easy to fit in.
Re: Performance Parts by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 12, 2012
Tobiizzy: Where can I find performance parts in Lagos or anywhere in Nigeria
I need turbo chargers etc

There's no accurate answer to your query, because you haven't given any details. What car do you have, what model year, and what engine size?

Turbo's aren't simply a bolt-on item, just so you know. Firstly, do you know how a turbocharger actually works??
Re: Performance Parts by nissparts(m): 6:52pm On Sep 12, 2012
In a country where you cannot get a 10 mile stretch of road without some form of hinderance (traffic, pothole, etc)??
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Performance Parts by Tobiizzy(m): 7:46pm On Sep 13, 2012
a.A.K:
Just buy them online.be sure u have someone competent to fit it.I will advice u go for a supper charger.easy to fit in.
i want to oder locally to avoid the shipping cost and all that
Re: Performance Parts by Tobiizzy(m): 7:47pm On Sep 13, 2012
nissparts: In a country where you cannot get a 10 mile stretch of road without some form of hinderance (traffic, pothole, etc)??
Good luck
lol .... i come alive in the nighttime
Re: Performance Parts by Tobiizzy(m): 7:51pm On Sep 13, 2012
Siena:

There's no accurate answer to your query, because you haven't given any details. What car do you have, what model year, and what engine size?

Turbo's aren't simply a bolt-on item, just so you know. Firstly, do you know how a turbocharger actually works??

i just want to know where i can source for parts locally
I have a toyota 2004 corolla1.8 and a honda city 2005 1.5
i understand how a turbo charger works though ...
Thanks for your reply
Re: Performance Parts by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 13, 2012
Tobiizzy:
i just want to know where i can source for parts locally
I have a toyota 2004 corolla1.8 and a honda city 2005 1.5
i understand how a turbo charger works though ...
Thanks for your reply

So what turbocharger are you after? Since the Toyota Corolla did not have the option of a turbo motor (as in none of them were factory turbocharged) there's no straight answer to your query. The only way you can have a turbo is to do a complete engine swap, preferrably a Toyota engine that is factory turbocharged. The only one that springs to mind, is the 1,331cc 4E-FTE from the Toyota Starlet GT Turbo, which produced 133 hp.

Your current engine can be turbocharged, but it's a massive undertaking. You can't just slap a turbo onto it. You'll need:

01) Turbo.
02) Custom turbo exhaust manifold.
03) Larger injectors.
04) Intercooler.
05) Uprated head gasket.
06) Low compression forged pistons.
07) Custom induction pipework.
08) Cylinder head bolts.
09) MAP sensor.
10) 3.0 bar fuel pressure regulator.
11) Blow-off valve.
12) Wastegate.
13) Stand-alone engine management and software.
14) Custom engine wiring harness.
15) Custom file to be written.

Your engine will have to be rebuilt, and your exhaust valves will need to be replaced with sodium-filled ones, otherwise they'll melt. Your current cast pistons won't hold more than 6 lbs boost, retain them and run 10 psi, and they'll have holes blown in them. Run 12 psi with forged pistons, they'll hold up, but your conrods will be the weak link, and they'll eventually bend, smashing their way through the block.

Take a look at my list, and if you truly wish to continue, well...As for trying to save on shipping costs by buying the "parts" in Nigeria, think again. Since it'll all have to be pretty much custom, it'll be virtually impossible. I'd really like to see your mechanic's face if you asked him to carry out such a project!

Good luck with your quest.
Re: Performance Parts by Tobiizzy(m): 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2012
Siena:

So what turbocharger are you after? Since the Toyota Corolla did not have the option of a turbo motor (as in none of them were factory turbocharged) there's no straight answer to your query. The only way you can have a turbo is to do a complete engine swap, preferrably a Toyota engine that is factory turbocharged. The only one that springs to mind, is the 1,331cc 4E-FTE from the Toyota Starlet GT Turbo, which produced 133 hp.

Your current engine can be turbocharged, but it's a massive undertaking. You can't just slap a turbo onto it. You'll need:

01) Turbo.
02) Custom turbo exhaust manifold.
03) Larger injectors.
04) Intercooler.
05) Uprated head gasket.
06) Low compression forged pistons.
07) Custom induction pipework.
08) Cylinder head bolts.
09) MAP sensor.
10) 3.0 bar fuel pressure regulator.
11) Blow-off valve.
12) Wastegate.
13) Stand-alone engine management and software.
14) Custom engine wiring harness.
15) Custom file to be written.

Your engine will have to be rebuilt, and your exhaust valves will need to be replaced with sodium-filled ones, otherwise they'll melt. Your current cast pistons won't hold more than 6 lbs boost, retain them and run 10 psi, and they'll have holes blown in them. Run 12 psi with forged pistons, they'll hold up, but your conrods will be the weak link, and they'll eventually bend, smashing their way through the block.

Take a look at my list, and if you truly wish to continue, well...As for trying to save on shipping costs by buying the "parts" in Nigeria, think again. Since it'll all have to be pretty much custom, it'll be virtually impossible. I'd really like to see your mechanic's face if you asked him to carry out such a project!

Good luck with your quest.
Wow a greater task than i imagined . .. would leave it to some other time
Thank you very much for the advice though
Re: Performance Parts by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
Is nitrous oxide available in Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

How To Avoid Hidden Car Tyre Costs / yahoo / Enquiry On Auctionexport.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.