Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,977 members, 7,852,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:37 PM

Would I Ever Get Married? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would I Ever Get Married? (1337 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Please Help!,how Would I Resurrect My Social Life?. / How Would I Get Rid Of My Mother-in-law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would I Ever Get Married? by sienna116(f): 7:30am On Sep 12, 2012
I am a 27 year old lady. This isue of my marriage
Has been bugging me and at times it gives me sleepless night
With all modesty, I m quite good looking, tall and with a moderate body shape.
The issue is I ve not had a date for the past one year. The fact that
My mates(and younger ones too) get married every saturday doesn't help matters too.
Also, for me, my routine for the whole year hass been work, home, work home(not even church) cos I work on sundays too(its a sshift job-hospitality sector). So my questions aresad1) would I ever get married? (2) how do I maintain a healthy social life ie avenues of meeting people? Ur advice would be highly appreciated. This is matters straight from the heart..- bruise easily sso be gentle...
Re: Would I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 12, 2012
Re: Would I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 12, 2012
You and your mates are not the same, life is a maraton and not a 100 metres dash, sometimes you are ahead sometimes you are behind but face your front and concentrate quit looking side ways and comparing the pace of others with yours because you will be distracted from your own race.
Getting sleepness nights over being single at 27 is not a healhty habit, I just pray you don't become desperate and grab anything that comes your way. Marriage is not the ultimate goal in life, serving God and Humanity is. I have told several young ladies who reason like you this and some said its because I am married, ignored my advice and jumped in, today so many of them are in horrible marriages.
Calm down, find your own path and purpose, develop healthy habits, do good, thank God you work in a hospital, go beyond and help people in need you see, your gift makes ways for you.
Concentrate on yourself, dot give out an aura of desperation or envy or lack of esteem, develop confidence in your abilities and your personality, brave as a lion and gentle as a dove, a good man will find you, its " he who finds a wife" not she who goes looking for a husband
Re: Would I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 12, 2012
sienna116: I am a 27 year old lady. This isue of my marriage
Has been bugging me and at times it gives me sleepless night
With all modesty, I m quite good looking, tall and with a moderate body shape.
The issue is I ve not had a date for the past one year. The fact that
My mates(and younger ones too) get married every saturday doesn't help matters too.
Also, for me, my routine for the whole year hass been work, home, work home(not even church) cos I work on sundays too(its a sshift job-hospitality sector). So my questions aresad1) would I ever get married? (2) how do I maintain a healthy social life ie avenues of meeting people? Ur advice would be highly appreciated. This is matters straight from the heart..- bruise easily sso be gentle...

1. Of course you'll get married . . . you are just 27! Don't compare yourself with your friends and family who are getting married before you, your destiny and theirs are quite different.

2. Just be yourself and don't be desperate to meet new people. Sometimes we get too anxious and send the wrong signal. Just keep an open mind, be polite and respectful to men who approach you, no matter how short, ugly, poor they may ber. They may not be what you want but no need to go about it in a rude and snobbish way!
Don't compromise on what you want from a hubby because you have the rest of your life to live with the choice you will eventually make!

Finally, life doesn't end at being married. I know this is not what you want to hear right now but it's the fact. Being married is not a guarantee for happiness. Go through some posts here on NL and see what people are going through in the name of marriage.

Try and find a way to be happy and fufilled as a spinster . . . don't let a man define who you are!
Re: Would I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 12, 2012
Don't be deceived. U will find it difficult to get married like this except there is a life style change. Try to be livlier with guys. Not saying u shld throw yourself at them but be more friendly and show more interest. Try to visit the movies and other social places when you have your off days. There are church services that hold weekdays, try and attend some too. I know u def dnt work 24/7/365.
Also let close friends and family knw that if they have a nice, decent guy, that you wouldn't mind meeting them. Truth is very many married women today, even till dis day married their husbands through hooking up.
Cheer up and hope for d best.

1 Like

Re: Would I Ever Get Married? by k2039: 8:49am On Sep 12, 2012
Dont make any decision under desperation(trust me they are always wrong).

Your times are in His hand and in His time He makes all things beautiful.

Just keep building yourself,the right man will come,just at the right time.

Shalom
Re: Would I Ever Get Married? by semid4lyfe(m): 9:41am On Sep 12, 2012
Aqva: Don't be deceived. U will find it difficult to get married like this except there is a life style change. Try to be livlier with guys. Not saying u shld throw yourself at them but be more friendly and show more interest. Try to visit the movies and other social places when you have your off days. There are church services that hold weekdays, try and attend some too. I know u def dnt work 24/7/365.
Also let close friends and family knw that if they have a nice, decent guy, that you wouldn't mind meeting them. Truth is very many married women today, even till dis day married their husbands through hooking up.
Cheer up and hope for d best.

Best reply on this thread.
Re: Would I Ever Get Married? by beqs101(f): 10:45am On Sep 12, 2012
Just as someone has said,try and change your lifestyle..living a triangular life i.e,go to work,go home and work again,won't do u any good..27 isn't old and u should stop being desperate and feeling all your friends and siblings have married all the men in the world.. There's a man out there for you and all you need do is,cultivate a positive mindset and always stay happy and be lively..don't be like those people that their problems are written on their fore-heads..
Re: Would I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 12, 2012
@OP
- if you aint got time for your own self, how do you expect a man to have find time to get to know you?!
- how do you expect to get a date in this busy life of yours?
- you are focussing on MARRIAGE, when you should be focussing on meeting people FIRST, then hopefully dating someone great SECOND and then hoping that they are the one so you can FINALLY get married. you are clearly putting the carriage before the horses.
- there is only ONE way to meet new people, CHANGE YOUR LIFESTYLE!
Re: Would I Ever Get Married? by tpia1: 10:42pm On Nov 07, 2012
prayer is the key.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is January Regarded As A Difficult Month? / 10 Things To Say To A Woman In Labour / Do You Have Any Friend You Can Die For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.