Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Refusal To Release Drowned Victims Bodies At Bar Beach - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Refusal To Release Drowned Victims Bodies At Bar Beach (571 Views)

PR Expert Faults Buhari’s Refusal To Shake Hand With Female Ministers - Vanguard / A Plea To The Nigerian Government For The Release Of SA SCOAN Victims Bodies! / Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Refusal To Release Drowned Victims Bodies At Bar Beach by ladylucky: 12:24am On Sep 13, 2012
A friend of mine just called me with the sad news of the death of his nephews who drowned at the lagos bar beach during a family picnic. The bodies of the two young men washed up onshore on monday morning. Whilst the family who were mourning went to collect the bodies of their sons they met the shock of their lives when the bar beach officials refused to release the bodies and stated that all drowned victims must be buried at the bar beach. The family thought it was a joke and have been battling with the authorities since monday to no avail, even the police refused to assist as they said this is the usual custom. After much harassment and no cooperation from the authorities the family finally agreed to bury their children there Because of the decay of the corpses. A further shock awaited them when they were told that the burial can only take place at 12:00 midnight. IS DIS A RITUAL? I can't believe this is happening in Fashola's lagos. The family is currently in bar beach now waiting to bury them at twelve midnight. Pls can someone shed light on this. Why should a family go through all of this after loosing their loved ones? Why should they be denied the right to bury their child? Is there customary law sanctioning this? I am so confused should this still happen in Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Is The Reaction To Anti-islam Film Justified? - Video Aljazeera / 23-year-old Remanded For Stealing / FG To Spend N17.6b On Flood Disaster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.