Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,245 members, 7,825,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Celtel, Very Unreliable Network - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Celtel, Very Unreliable Network (932 Views)

Why Is Emptyn So Unreliable / Which Network Is The Best: Glo, MTN, Celtel / MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celtel, Very Unreliable Network by Hypraise(f): 9:05pm On Jan 09, 2008
They disappoint wen u need them most. For instance, on New Year day, I couldnt send a single message despite all the money I had on my phone. I would almost cry before a call went thru. The most annoying was that, I called the customer care, he apologized n said all would be okay within 20mins. His 20 mins turned to 20 hours, d next day.
After my call credit finished, I recharged, and for almost a week now, my SMS have not gone thru.
They are getting used to this.
Please, I'm not begging them for free texts, when there's credit on my phone, Celtel should let me communicate. Abi?
Re: Celtel, Very Unreliable Network by kosovo(m): 10:39pm On Jan 09, 2008
i tought we had fucking analysed celtel's predecamenT lately.
huRRAY!!!
telecom SUBSCRIBERs base hits 42 million, with MTN still taking the lead.
Re: Celtel, Very Unreliable Network by smartsoft(m): 10:53pm On Jan 09, 2008
It's really ABSURD when you have credit on your phone and you can't use it likewise the SMS of a thing,  they just rip us off our money,  the worst thing now is to send SMS and it will hang something u send around 10am, will get there around 10pm can u imagine huh ?

I think is high time i stat using the land Phone because most of my friends now use the mobile landphone, since the Mobile can't prove their worth,

They think say na beans to buy credit for phone ??
Re: Celtel, Very Unreliable Network by Wysiwyg: 11:44pm On Jan 09, 2008
omo leave all those ones. Na the one wey glo dey do now trip me pass. Imagine sending an sms, and you know glo is very sharp towards removing their 15 naira sms charge. It seems that machine uses 3G technology in billing sms. But the main part is that my phone will either show "message not sent" or "check operator services" so I'll have to use my celtel in sending the sms but after when glo has finished removing their 15 box. Glo wan dey do yahoo on top me.

But I just wan warn them, "Eye wey dey cry dey see o!".
Re: Celtel, Very Unreliable Network by 4peace(m): 3:30am On Jan 10, 2008
guys sorry o me i no dey experience that one.
The problem is that most of us have more than one line.In the process changing from one network to another your message center either change automatically or not.
So when you begin to send your sms and response says
1.unable to send text message or
2.check your network etc
quickly rush back to message center and check.After you need to write the message or move it back to draft if you for phone have the features and resend.
warning
if you use wrong message number to send sms on glo you will be penalised #100 or less if you are lucky(#15 atimes but your sms won't go)

Also whenever a message say sent on your phone and take long time to deliver that is network problem or your recipient phone is off or out of network area.Don't mind my first sentence
it had happen to me all are the solution i found personally.on new year i send more than 30 sms and all delivered except 2 which i later found out was lost.
Re: Celtel, Very Unreliable Network by topeteadr(m): 8:58am On Jan 10, 2008
It has neva happened 2 b4. . . . . Infact whenever i press the message wuld be sent instantly. . .like y!m. . .
Re: Celtel, Very Unreliable Network by luluosas(m): 11:09am On Jan 10, 2008
Message centre numbers are automatically saved even if you keep changing Sim cards over and over again, except interrupted by the user. The problem lies with the machine responsible for sms. A subscriber is suppose to charged after your sms has been delivered, but the reverse is the case here.
Re: Celtel, Very Unreliable Network by 4peace(m): 1:19pm On Jan 10, 2008
@lulu
message center can be intercept without owner knows especially when you change your sim often.happen on S60(6600,6680,6630,3230).i still encountered it this morning from glo to celtel
Re: Celtel, Very Unreliable Network by topeteadr(m): 1:39pm On Jan 10, 2008
4peace i guess u're right. . . . .
Re: Celtel, Very Unreliable Network by luluosas(m): 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2008
Well, i have never experience any between my glo, celtel and MTN sim swap.
Re: Celtel, Very Unreliable Network by 4peace(m): 7:27pm On Jan 10, 2008
@hypraise
is your problem solve now¿
Re: Celtel, Very Unreliable Network by skipo87(m): 7:41pm On Jan 10, 2008
i don't know about what u guys are saying, i know celtel's network has not been good of late, for the problems with sending sms u guys should call the customer care, i also had problems sending sms which was rectified immediately after i called the customer care service. if u have problems, try calling them.
Re: Celtel, Very Unreliable Network by luluosas(m): 1:07pm On Jan 11, 2008
I am encountering the sms problem with celtel now. When trying to send sms, service not available will be displayed. Can their customer care resolve this?

(1) (Reply)

Re: >> The Opera Mini Thread << / Free And Fast Browsing / Zain Set To Change Name To Bharti Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.