Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? (6298 Views)

Poll: MTN Subscribers: Are you experiencing this problem?

Yes: 73% (54 votes)
No: 12% (9 votes)
Not an MTN subscriber: 13% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

Mtn Has Introduced #50 Credit / Mtn Has Started To Block Sims With Unlimited Browsing-aka Magic Sim / MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 19, 2007
For over one week now,MTN services has been so horible. Network just leaves your phone for hours and no one can reach you or vice-Versa.
What kind of thing is this??
God will not let us use our money to buy trouble.
If they know what all this has cost me.
God dey sha,
Na to rush go buy starcomm line, wonder why it took me so long.
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 19, 2007
it happens to every MTN subscriber around me.
Not about phones now.
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by dragnet: 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2007
Happnd 2 m to0. . . .I t0t it was due 2 m locati0n. . .gues I'm wr0ng, MTN the best connection !! .urff !
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by dragnet: 12:50pm On Nov 19, 2007
Happnd 2 m to0. . . .I t0t it was due 2 m locati0n. . .gues I'm wr0ng, MTN the best connection !! .urff !
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by maxjax(m): 1:16pm On Nov 19, 2007
its just happenin to celtel subscriberz now,
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by Emeka72(m): 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2007
My friend had been complaining about MTN network off since day b4 yesterday
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by honsule(m): 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2007
@maxjax.Celtel network is fully back.I experience it too,because i couldn't check my account balance let alone to browse for free.I almost remove my celtel line and replace it with my glo.
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by bimbor(m): 3:13pm On Nov 19, 2007
what wont we hear on nairaland,network leaves your phone 4 a moment n you're already complaining to d extent of posting it here.you p'ple r always impatient rmbr engnrs r not God and so don't xpect 100% all d time,sometimes there r bugs that need to be fixed,n u shld give them d benefit of that.if you're complaining of a day of network failure whateva happnd to the good regular days.Let's learn to be patient afterall we're all humans.
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2007
bimbor:

what wont we hear on nairaland,network leaves your phone 4 a moment n you're already complaining to d extent of posting it here.you p'ple r always impatient rmbr engnrs r not God and so don't xpect 100% all d time,sometimes there r bugs that need to be fixed,n u shld give them d benefit of that.if you're complaining of a day of network failure whateva happnd to the good regular days.Let's learn to be patient afterall we're all humans.

Mr Goody-to-shoes,
Did you read my post well, i said over a week now.Sure you have not experienced it that is why you are talking like this,I did not post a topic a day or two after it started happening not until a week and like 2 days after.When u need to get important information across or someone waiting at your gate for hours just because your phone is off, or your family far away can't reach you and are worried stiff then u will understand. I bought the phone and i service it so i have the right to complain when i don't get my side of the bargain from MTN.Please don't let me transfer this anger to you, just silently walk out of my thread, Buzz off and stop playing saint. Gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! typical of a couple of nairaland folks
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by honsule(m): 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2007
@aysometin.Where are you located?I want to know the location where you are experiencing that
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by uche1(m): 3:47pm On Nov 19, 2007
even if you are in lagos, blah blah blah.
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 19, 2007
Lagos
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by ifyalways(f): 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2007
me too  grin grin grin
MTN is just same everywhere wink wink wink

hey folks lets give them a little patience.no one is 100%¨efficient kiss
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by sect(m): 4:09pm On Nov 19, 2007
MTN sucks,what they offer is quantity not quality,whenever i insert my mtn sim,i discover that the network bar is always fluctuating,its never stable,this second u av 1 bar,next second its 5 bars & the next its sim inactive,mtn suuucks!!!
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by obyann(f): 4:14pm On Nov 19, 2007
please get a glo line. its better than MTN. forget this their AD, "everywhere you go", a lot of people are carried away by their AD.

My collegue was complaining of the same network problem. Please forget MTN.
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by ayusman16(m): 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2007
I do experience the same problem when i get to some certain areas on my way from work. But i think it's a recent development; maybe something dey wrong o. I'll rather stick to it than my glo line (that one dey epileptic like hiccup). MTN still try pass all of them grin
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by rufaai(m): 4:23pm On Nov 19, 2007
Has MTN Ever been reliable? I don't think so undecided

I have two phones but a Glo and Celtel, but I cant use MTN. I don't feel MTN will ever be my choice, I prefer glo.
Though I have my third phone kept (Actually my first outdated phone), I wait for a better network to get it lunched once again. MTel may be!

I never liked MTN
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by graciella(f): 4:35pm On Nov 19, 2007
I thought i was the only one xperiencing this, and tought it was from my fone, not knowing that its from them.

I filled their customer form online and a mail was sent to me that they are working on their system. I hope it is well sha.
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by ndubest(m): 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2007
, MTN GLO CELTEL, JUST NAME IT,
they are just ripping us off in this country

drop call is no longer news

the worst is when u have two phones and call one and they tell u its not available when u the phone is on right in front of you

or if u are travelling to a far place and hope to connect your host when u get there, u are  taking a big risk if u arrive at night becasue thats when the network is worst

any way let hope that the new deal my the operators to share their facilities will help improve the services by next year

just go and buy two phones my brother or bear with them
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by dekin(m): 4:46pm On Nov 19, 2007
my broda keeps hitting his fone on the wall to the point of breaking it cos there is no network on it, and i keep telling him its not a phone problem but the shity MTN
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by dapsycool(m): 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2007
Na today?\ You Never hear of Milk Those Nigerians b4, MTN is in Nigeria to milk ya ass.Ive dumped it for celtel tey tey,but when celtel stops free browsing. ill be back to MTN cos i browse free with that also,, though a snail is faster than their GPRS
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by Glorya(f): 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2007
its so sad, all networks are nothing to write home about. Infact we had better start looking for plan B because this one is not working oh. Or if its better we go back to the primitive means of communication, at least we would know that we can rely on that one. My experience with MTN is really annoying, sometimes i feel like throwing the usless lipsrsealed sim away. When u need to communicate the most, alas, that is when MTN fails you. Your best connection tongue
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by bimbor(m): 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2007
Every network has got its ills so are we all,if u keep dropping a network because of system failure then i assure you one day you will end up without a phone becos fact is dat they've all got their bad day; MTN GLO CELTEL name it,i rmbr a time when u culd hardly make a call with celtel Glo was once worse,dont allow urself to be tossed around by these short-term system maintenance periods.As 4 me my personal line has always been MTN im not saying they are the best but i just have to stick to one number.My celtel is basically for browsing.
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by nelcliff(m): 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2007
@Honsule, Bro, u got me been jealous each time u mention this celtel free browsing stuff of a thing. please kindly help me to activate my line for me so i can be part of this guddy. thanks. my addy is nelsonini@gmail.com
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by Blackcat(f): 6:15pm On Nov 19, 2007
'aysometin '  thank you for insisting on getting service for money paid.
MTN should give 100% service and give customers reasons why they went off air instead of just keeping every one in the dark over whats happening.

Who cares about the engineers, if they had done their job in the first place (regular maintenance of equipment), the outage we are experiencing now will not be taking place.
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by bimbor(m): 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2007
@Blackcat what do u know about telecoms,all these yrs that MTN has been taking d lead in service delivery and demonstrating enviable standards in customer satisfaction where were u,i personally respect MTN as a network compared to others and so i cannot be so myopic as to judge their performance by one week of some localised service disruption.Dont be so quick to judge and i still reiterate that u give them time although i do not experience what u guys r experiencing but i beleive time will surely help.
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by bimbor(m): 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2007
@Blackcat what do u know about telecoms,all these yrs that MTN has been taking d lead in service delivery and demonstrating enviable standards in customer satisfaction where were u,i personally respect MTN as a network compared to others and so i cannot be so myopic as to judge their performance by one week of some localised service disruption.Dont be so quick to judge and i still reiterate that u give them time although i do not experience what u guys r experiencing but i beleive time will surely help.
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by dragnet: 9:16pm On Nov 19, 2007
, LeT nOt ThE pOt CaLl ThE kEtTlE bLaCk,
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by blesyne(f): 9:48pm On Nov 19, 2007
ndubest:

, MTN GLO CELTEL, JUST NAME IT,
they are just ripping us off in this country

drop call is no longer news

the worst is when u have two phones and call one and they tell u its not available when u the phone is on right in front of you

or if u are travelling to a far place and hope to connect your host when u get there, u are  taking a big risk if u arrive at night becasue thats when the network is worst

any way let hope that the new deal my the operators to share their facilities will help improve the services by next year

just go and buy two phones my brother or bear with them
                                                                                                                                               Well, all networks are the same with the their problems be it mtn,celtel or glo.'cos i have all the network and i know how their network is.,but i still prefer celtel, cos it browse, ;
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by hannydarl(f): 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2007
Na wa o some nigerians like to manage sha o its only in this country someone will say its no biggy when a supplier fails to give the good services he promised to give after chopping your money.thats why companies dont work hard to bring out the best they can EMPTY N{MTN} can do better and should do so when a customer depends on them to pass info and news then they should not let him get stranded.enough of give them time attitude nigerians deserve good products and services too so empty n should do as they said they do.bad service for an hour can cause one to miss out on job interview,catching up with a biz proposal or friend long awaited and lots of other things that require your attantion osiso osiso now now.
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by Demsy(m): 11:11pm On Nov 19, 2007
Hmm!!

Nairalanders!

I needed to make some enquiries from MTN recently. I thought it would be nice if i go to their website and make my enquiries. I filled the online form for enquiries since last week. If I got a reply, maybe it will be tomorrow. For about a week now, I am yet to get a feedback (if I will ever get any).

Its a shame!
Re: MTN Has Started Again: An Unreliable Network? by sect(m): 11:19pm On Nov 19, 2007
Time ke! Is six years not enough? Bimbor please dont talk about time ooo,six years of milking, e no easy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

O Ja Bo Ko Fo...Nokia's Best! / Apple Iphone7 Vs Samsung Galaxy S7 Vs Tecno Phantom 6: Money No Be Problem / Hide Files/folders On Android Phones Without Any Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.