Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,926 members, 7,828,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port (14897 Views)

Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri / We Arrested Many Boko Haram Members In Lagos –former GOC / 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by kenlash1(m): 6:34am On Sep 14, 2012
D rate of disrespect for nigerian citizens by d army and even the police its alarming, what is wrong in making the driver pay for the damage rather than beating him to stuppor, and its also surprising dt some nigerians support dis brutality. We knw this truck drivers are reckless but human right and respect for a citizen shld be wat we support. Its painful that a common nigerian has no human right nd the soldiers lack dignity. I dnt want to knw if nigerian soldiers are d best combatant . What is wrong is wrong . The govt has made us feel so helpless that anything goes, this can't happen in a civilised nation no matter d offence d driver committed. This is getting out of hand, today its someone else tmrw it might be ur turn what then ll u say wen u re brutalised for ur shoulders hitting an officer?
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by onoja12: 6:49am On Sep 14, 2012
My problem with nairaland is that most of u who reply to post do so without thinking or use some american standard for nigeria,well I raise in the general defence,even the federal government seem not to be able to control the truck drivers because of there so called union,the driver don't obey laws,refuse to keep there trucks in good shape for the road and they cause 70% of the road acceident plus killl road users at will,if u try to arrest them there union would go on strick and u know what that means,well it means no fuel,so gentle men and ladies the general should be commended if possible his boys should take over monitoring the truck drivers so they can comply to ssstandard so our roads can be safer
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by mshd5: 7:13am On Sep 14, 2012
Dynaman: The Nigerian military is clueless, violating human right is the order. The Nigerian military is a total reflection of Nigerian bad economy.
yes indeed!
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 14, 2012
Violatin the truck driver's right was vry bad.they shuld hav sued the truck driver to court.The army is supposed to protect ppl and not to cause harm and fear to the ppl dey sworn to protect..
I reali tink the senate shuld look into the matter because we are in a civilain regime.the military has returned to the barracks.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by vanstanzy(m): 7:29am On Sep 14, 2012
ebamma: even some of this truck drivers always drive as if the own the road,maybe today nemesis just caught u with him.

Some of these people commenting have not witnessed these unruly tipper drivers drive. U'll just dislike them, no patience, no consideration 4 other road users, faulty brakes amongst others.
This tipper driver just messed with the wrong demon, this time one in uniform.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by bola4dprec(m): 7:30am On Sep 14, 2012
malc619: I just hate soldiers........ Can't help it undecided undecided undecided
Some people say they're nothing but armed-uniformed beasts cool cool
if you have ever be beaten by soldier you will concur with the popular slogan which says police is your friend
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by tyle(m): 7:36am On Sep 14, 2012
Na waooooo for our soldiers oooo. cryNa waooooo for our soldiers oooo.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Reference(m): 7:56am On Sep 14, 2012
ORAFA: Some id.iots here will rant cluelessly and senselessly too. Do u knw wat d driver said b4 they clamped down on him? Sum of u just hear a one-sided story and draw up conclusions. How many of u can say d rubbish u've said abt d army even 20yrds away from an unarmed soldier backing u? NONE! And u cum here to run ur mouths. If u think US soldiers can protect u beta, id.iot, pack ur stuff and go to NY or u can try Afghanistan.... Bloody goats. Auwa! He should sit on d gravel for 5hrs. Dat way others will learn. IF U FEEL OFFENDED, BRUSH UR MOUTH WITH ACID AND FEEL BETA.....Long Live NIGERIAN ARMY.

Can't help but acknowledging this post. Nigerians are just impossible. Do we know what actually transpired. Truck drivers are not exactly monks by the way. They can be so bad that even the LASG has made them nocturnal. Anyway,I believe the average man and woman in military uniform is way more disciplined than his civilian counterpart. In a short while we will be here flying the flag of ex-military generals in politics for their discipline and anti-corruption, all brutality forgotten.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Saintsquare(m): 7:57am On Sep 14, 2012
KDULAR: REPLYING SOME POSTS ON nl ESPECIALLY WHEN IT INVOLVES NIGERIAN MILITARY IS LIKE PAYING COGNISANCE TO WHAT A MAD MAN NAMED SHINE WHO ROAMED THE STREETS OF ABEOKUTA IN THE 80'S AND EARLY 90'S
Shine is still around in Adigbe,roaming the street of Saraki.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by solayemi(m): 7:58am On Sep 14, 2012
ebamma: even some of this truck drivers always drive as if the own the road,maybe today nemesis just caught u with him.
. Thank you jare. With d way most truck drivers drive,i sometimes silently pray for things like this to happen to them. Though i do nt support d way soldiers treat civilians in ds nation.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Toktee(m): 8:04am On Sep 14, 2012
vislabraye:

Our soldiers can be anything but coward. They're the best fighting msachines in Africa.
American soldiers are not necessarily better than ours, they're more equipped.
I don't support the violence though.
Mr man you are old enough to know the military tradition,military in any part of the globe dnt engaged the civilians on the street,cos they are discribe as killing machine, the indicipline and arrogant in the nigerian army emanate from illitracy,bad upbring,poverty and frustration etc,dont you ever said nigerian army is one of the best in the world,you cannot compare them with south africa or egyptians army,a good and organised army is know for its decipline and battle readines not engaging civilians on the street..let the bastards go to borno,boko hallam awaite them.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Reference(m): 8:08am On Sep 14, 2012
kenlash1: D rate of disrespect for nigerian citizens by d army and even the police its alarming, what is wrong in making the driver pay for the damage rather than beating him to stuppor, and its also surprising dt some nigerians support dis brutality. We knw this truck drivers are reckless but human right and respect for a citizen shld be wat we support. Its painful that a common nigerian has no human right nd the soldiers lack dignity. I dnt want to knw if nigerian soldiers are d best combatant . What is wrong is wrong . The govt has made us feel so helpless that anything goes, this can't happen in a civilised nation no matter d offence d driver committed. This is getting out of hand, today its someone else tmrw it might be ur turn what then ll u say wen u re brutalised for ur shoulders hitting an officer?

And why will I hit an army officer rather than take the beatings and go to court. Our view of this matter is that Nigerians in general are civilised and the military is primitive and uncivilised. I will tell you, even the Minister of Transport couldn't move those trucks from the Apapa road - they remain there till tommorrow. Years after the Federal and Ogun state government has tried to evict the truck drivers from the Lagos-Ibadan expressway, they remain intransigent. Are they civilised and law abiding. I tell you. The military is a reflection of the society we live in. The best way to get law enforcement to be law abiding is to abide by laws yourself.

I keep on saying it. America is not nicey picey because of Barack Obama but because of the attitide and disposition of the average American. Obama will go one day, America will continue so will that GOC in a few years.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by bakila: 8:11am On Sep 14, 2012
AjanleKoko: Why can't this GOC go to Maiduguri and batter Boko H? angry
The man will retire on health ground sharp sharp to enjoy his tokunboh jeep.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by bakila: 8:14am On Sep 14, 2012
Reference:

And why will I hit an army officer rather than take the beatings and go to court. Our view of this matter is that Nigerians in general are civilised and the military is primitive and uncivilised. I will tell you, even the Minister of Transport couldn't move those trucks from the Apapa road - they remain there till tommorrow. Years after the Federal and Ogun state government has tried to evict the truck drivers from the Lagos-Ibadan expressway, they remain intransigent. Are they civilised and law abiding. I tell you. The military is a reflection of the society we live in. The best way to get law enforcement to be law abiding is to abide by laws yourself.

I keep on saying it. America is not nicey picey because of Barack Obama but because of the attitide and disposition of the average American. Obama will go one day, America will continue so will that GOC in a few years.
The GOC IS USING THE COERCIVE POWER OF THE STATE TO TORMENT A CITIZEN! Simple. Wait until they try it on you, before you understand.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Leboska(m): 8:21am On Sep 14, 2012
ORAFA: Some id.iots here will rant cluelessly and senselessly too. Do u knw wat d driver said b4 they clamped down on him? Sum of u just hear a one-sided story and draw up conclusions. How many of u can say d rubbish u've said abt d army even 20yrds away from an unarmed soldier backing u? NONE! And u cum here to run ur mouths. If u think US soldiers can protect u beta, id.iot, pack ur stuff and go to NY or u can try Afghanistan.... Bloody goats. Auwa! He should sit on d gravel for 5hrs. Dat way others will learn. IF U FEEL OFFENDED, BRUSH UR MOUTH WITH ACID AND FEEL BETA.....Long Live NIGERIAN ARMY.
Guy we gave u guys the power u have. But i'm realy ashame of people like u. Seriously u are the fool here. When i watch @ ur mode of operation i weep 4 this country!
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Toktee(m): 8:22am On Sep 14, 2012
@ORAFA,i dont know how old are you,but you speak like taut,you just rant and that is all,if there is any id:ot here you are the one,if you are not an id.ot and a fool,tell me and any other person or persons that may want to know what the truck driver said,do you know how all these illitrates in khaki do feel when they are driving,they drive as if they are the only road users,and who told you that nigerian army is protecting us,maybe they are in your village
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Stiv(m): 8:29am On Sep 14, 2012
I just read the story. They say the car was just cleared from the port and it was the soldiers attached to the GOC that beat the driver. I'm yet to see where it was stated that the GOC was at the scene of the incident or see that it was the GOC that beat the driver up. If my observations are in order, the poster should desist from inciting violence.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Stiv(m): 8:32am On Sep 14, 2012
Toktee: Mr man you are old enough to know the military tradition,military in any part of the globe dnt engaged the civilians on the street,cos they are discribe as killing machine, the indicipline and arrogant in the nigerian army emanate from illitracy,bad upbring,poverty and frustration etc,dont you ever said nigerian army is one of the best in the world,you cannot compare them with south africa or egyptians army,a good and organised army is know for its decipline and battle readines not engaging civilians on the street..let the bastards go to borno,boko hallam awaite them.

In South Africa, last month, civilian miners were shot dead by policemen in their numbers.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 14, 2012
Reference:

Can't help but acknowledging this post. Nigerians are just impossible. Do we know what actually transpired. Truck drivers are not exactly monks by the way. They can be so bad that even the LASG has made them nocturnal. Anyway,I believe the average man and woman in military uniform is way more disciplined than his civilian counterpart. In a short while we will be here flying the flag of ex-military generals in politics for their discipline and anti-corruption, all brutality forgotten.

I agree that truck drivers aren't monks but do tell, how beating a helpless citizen to stupor just because you can and you know you will probably get away with it make you civilized
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Toktee(m): 8:40am On Sep 14, 2012
Stiv:

In South Africa, last month, civilian miners were shot dead by policemen in their numbers.
By the police,not the army right?
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Toktee(m): 8:42am On Sep 14, 2012
naijababe:

I agree that truck drivers aren't monks but do tell, how beating a helpless citizen to stupor just because you can and you know you will probably get away with it make you civilized
Ask him
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Toktee(m): 8:46am On Sep 14, 2012
Protecting the nation in what regard,some of these generals and colnel,since they join army ,they have not been to war front,lazy fools

1 Like

Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by yemmytee1(m): 8:49am On Sep 14, 2012
D military u guyz r downgradn n runn ur mouth @ r d same who rescue use frm osis a kidnap king in aba,4 yrs d police cld nt stand jst a min shootout wit dis group but yet d brave men did n many more to mention,its wrng 2 beatup d tanker mad driver but dat doesn't giv sm nitwit go to run naija military down..normaly civilians fight dis crazy truck animals at tincan.I use dat road very well n I tell u they need more beatn @ dat very tincan port..am sure its because dis very driver no b aboki na y una dey pity am..
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 14, 2012
yemmy_tee: D military u guyz r downgradn n runn ur mouth @ r d same who rescue use frm osis a kidnap king in aba,4 yrs d police cld nt stand jst a min shootout wit dis group but yet d brave men did n many more to mention,its wrng 2 beatup d tanker mad driver but dat doesn't giv sm nitwit go to run naija military down..normaly civilians fight dis crazy truck animals at tincan.I use dat road very well n I tell u they need more beatn @ dat very tincan port..am sure its because dis very driver no b aboki na y una dey pity am..

Jungle justice by the civilized army!
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Jyde89: 9:30am On Sep 14, 2012
And this is the man tipped to succeed ihinejirika as chief of diffence staff, God protect us in this country; cos the people saddled with that responsibility has turned against us; but then again what do you expect from soldier's whom after intence training only go on a peace mission and not a reel war, had they been in a reel battle like their counterpart's around the world, am sure the live's of the civilian's will mean alot to them.. Territorial guard's my foot.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Jceazer12(m): 9:50am On Sep 14, 2012
Why? Why? Why? Must dey brutalize a poor man that is huzzling for his daily bread.Is it a crime to be a civilian? Do dey want all civilains to become soldiers? Datz very bad, which way Nigeria?
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by ignis: 10:12am On Sep 14, 2012
lacasa: Just Illiterate ogogoro stinking baboons in dirty algae lookin khaki grin

I can never be a soldier or navy or anything like dat in Nigeria/Africa grin

Dats wher they αve courage,

In Peacekeeeping mission, they r an embarassment

In fighting boko, they r an embarassment

They r just ZOMBIE!
bloody civilian will you shut the mess up?
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by kinguwem: 10:18am On Sep 14, 2012
vislabraye:

Our soldiers can be anything but coward. They're the best fighting msachines in Africa.
American soldiers are not necessarily better than ours, they're more equipped.
I don't support the violence though.
How many times has it been reported that American soldiers beat up civilians? Is a car more valuable that a human life? A lot of our security personnel are barbaric.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by ORAFA(m): 10:22am On Sep 14, 2012
Leboska:
Guy we gave u guys the power u have. But i'm realy ashame of people like u. Seriously u are the fool here. When i watch @ ur mode of operation i weep 4 this country!
I can see u dont have any contribution. I really didnt write my post so I could win accolades, I did to share my view. So howeva u see it, good or bad, its ur kettle of fish. NEVER u say u gave d military d power to operate. U were never in d exam hall assisting, u were not d drill instructor, u didnt create the army, u didnt donate any material to the army, lastly, d army is not ur private organisation. And, if u think our mode of OPS doesnt suit u, make a change(if u ever can). The ends justifies the means.....and for d fella who wants to knw my age, am 21. I hope dat makes u fat.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by ORAFA(m): 10:38am On Sep 14, 2012
Leboska:
I can see u dont have any contribution. I really didnt write my post so I could win accolades, I did to share my view. So howeva u see it, good or bad, its ur kettle of fish. NEVER u say u gave d military d power to operate. U were never in d exam hall assisting, u were not d drill instructor, u didnt create the army, u didnt donate any material to the army, lastly, d army is not ur private organisation. And, if u think our mode of OPS doesnt suit u, make a change(if u ever can). The ends justifies the means..... I feel so ashamed seeing people say the army isnt protecting them. For heaven's sake thats STARCK ILLITERACY! Hw long can Nigeria remain whole if military protection is withdrawn? If the army was as bad as some of u claim, I think there wuldnt be a single civilian on d streets, not to talk of those who sell in the barracks. There wuldnt be democracy either. Lets try to judge issues based on facts and not assumption. @OP, hw did u knw the boys called GOC? And for d fella who wants to knw my age, am a proud 21yr old who has more brains than u. FYI, am a final student too so dnt call me a tout..... I hope dat makes u fat.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 14, 2012
jumpmasta:
You really have a big mouth as ur name implies...but if you can spend time to work on your grammer..maybe you wont be as dumb headed as your name implies...Baptism of fire indeed!!!!!!Dumbskull[color=#990000][/color] tongue tongue tongue tongue

You need to work on ur own grammar first. grin
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by vislabraye(m): 10:59am On Sep 14, 2012
onoja12: My problem with nairaland is that most of u who reply to post do so without thinking or use some american standard for nigeria,well I raise in the general defence,even the federal government seem not to be able to control the truck drivers because of there so called union,the driver don't obey laws,refuse to keep there trucks in good shape for the road and they cause 70% of the road acceident plus killl road users at will,if u try to arrest them there union would go on strick and u know what that means,well it means no fuel,so gentle men and ladies the general should be commended if possible his boys should take over monitoring the truck drivers so they can comply to ssstandard so our roads can be safer

You made a lot of sense here. This people arguing have never been hit by a truck driver. I usually pity innocent and defenseless citizens whose cars get damaged by these drivers.
If the truck drivers were law abiding this wouldn't have happened.
Personally, I have mistakenly hit a soldier's car while driving. I came down and apologize and he forgot about it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Al -shabaab Trains Boko Haram - Somalia's President / Jimi Agbaje Screened By PDP Convention Planning Committee (photos) / Burial On Residential Premises Is Prohibited - Lagos State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.