Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,586 members, 7,837,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed (43992 Views)

Shiite Muslims In Kano Mourn Victims Of Zaria Massacre / NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption / Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by twilliamx(m): 10:56am On Sep 14, 2012
BinghiNya: you should be shot in the balls has a muslim ever gone to a church to shout tekbir

Hey big numb skull, they don't shout tekbir because they would have killed all worshipers first ..so na dead person wan hear them. The truth will soon be made known to u...all that is happening is just fulfilling prophecies...read the bible..and beside honest question wat does the koran say about the last days?

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Ramtzy: 11:01am On Sep 14, 2012
Super1759: so its obvious that killing makes you a soul winner abii. Smh.

And the assassination drone of US in Somalia, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Yemen makes them a flesh winner..Smh
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by drstone1: 11:05am On Sep 14, 2012
Gorrbachev: Winston Churchill on Islam (from his book The River War, 1899):

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property – either as a child, a wife, or a concubine – must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world.
Then We[Allah] Said to the ones{Seed} on His {Adam's }Left:.....TO HELL AND I DONT CARE!!!!
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by pankere(m): 11:10am On Sep 14, 2012
A mix of stupidity and religion is a deadly dose! those idiots should go to america and protest to the filmakers and not cause trouble here! What does Nigeria have to do with the production of the film or anything? They are always looking for an opportunity to kill innocent people! A religion which can not tolerate another religion is baseless and blind!
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by salykely(m): 11:12am On Sep 14, 2012
the PEACE christians talk about does nt exist any where nt even on social media. Have d xtians ask themselves y muslims are at peace with Jesus (pbuh)? And they xtians are ful of insult to our beloved Prophet.
This same peace u talk about does nt exist in ur churches where u stoke pile weapons, this same peace does nt exist with ur brothers in jos who are knwn CARNIBALS.
Have u ever ask urself who were d first ppl to take d life of a sitin nigerian prime minister, the first to kil a premier, the first to blast nigerians by bomb, just think of any evil today in nigeria xtians are sure to be first. The fact dat u av d media on ur side does nt mean dat u dnt commit these atrocities. The south east bost of 99percent xtians, then what moral values av xtianity impercted on this spacie of blacks. They are worst in all form of crimes, 4rm kidnapin to robbery to drug peddlin to prostitution to anytin fake. To this ppl human life has no sanctity if it can fetch money
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by drstone1: 11:14am On Sep 14, 2012
dr stone:
Then We[Allah] Said to the ones{Seed} on His {Adam's }Left:.....TO HELL AND I DONT CARE!!!!

And He Answered, An Enemy Had Done This. Then his Servants replied, S[b]hould we uproot the tares, so they dont choke the good seed?[/b] The Master said, "No"... Let them grow together until the end. Then i would send the reapers and they would gather the Good Seed into the Barns, But the Tares will be burned with unquenchable fire.
Adapted from the Parable of the Wheat and Tares!!
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by glizengem(f): 11:18am On Sep 14, 2012
Rossikk:

The protesters in Jos did not kill or destroy anything. They launched a peaceful protest.
but ur peaceful protests always ends up in chaos
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 14, 2012
Any religion that detest the two virtues of tolerance and freedom of speech have no place in the 21st century.

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Dipwater(m): 11:21am On Sep 14, 2012
mbhs139:

In response to your comment. The Ambassador is certainly not the producer of the movie. But the producers were well aware of the consequence. They knew it will result into the death of powerful and influential people. And that was part of the game plan.

If no Ambassado had been killed, particularly that of the United States, the objective would have been defeated. To them, what is the worth of the life of an Ambassador compared to their long term goal and plan? As a matter of fact, one Ambassador is too little for them to conviniently achieve their aim. They would have wished that for more and more attacks, in all ramifications, and just like everyone - muslims and christains- are attacking one another on this plartform, so that they could have a veritable ground to play their role as the world police.

They would prefer that such an occurance produces more terrorist group, in the name of defending Islam, so that they can have an excuise to enter into their territory.

It is all a game plan as far as I'm concerned, and the Muslims are playing into their hands. And why wont they? Because they have studied us and know that we don't take lightly matters such as this.

@Fittty, please engage me in this discussion from an intellectual point of view and not with sentiments or any biasedness. Thank you and God bless you.

Let's assume that the movie producer portrayed yur mohammed in a very bad lite ,does it still justify the killing of an innocent man.why not target the movie makers and kill them instead of killing people that are not related to the film industry

So wat u are trying to say here is dat if a muslim for instance insults my god I shuld kill any available muslim I can lay my hands on.

And u did not show any sympathy for those that were killed u only went ahead to talk on behalf of ur mohammed
Am not a xtian neither am I a muslim I don't biliv in a god. But I value human life over whateva rubbish religion u practice.

U have to agree with me that the law of the land shuld be above the sharia law and the xtian law. Nobody or group of persons shuld be above the law of the land. Cuz we are living in world filled with different belief system.
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by ignis: 11:22am On Sep 14, 2012
glizengem: but ur peaceful protests always ends up in chaos
It always start with the name peaceful protest and ends in something close to violence.
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by twilliamx(m): 11:22am On Sep 14, 2012
armadeo:

Why did Jesus instructed his desciples to sell their garment and buy SWORDS.

Pls enlighten me on this statement.

Which jesus? Dead Isah or the living christ..please tell us exactly where u saw this in the bible? State book. Chapter and verse.
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by codeline(m): 11:30am On Sep 14, 2012
Yfd
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Nacl: 11:33am On Sep 14, 2012
grin ;Doh islam... Wat a violent religion! mohamed died & got rotten several yrs ago,, dnt knw y u pple ar still fightin 4 him. ;Doh islam... Wat a violent religion! mohamed died & got rotten several yrs ago,, dnt knw y u pple ar still fightin 4 him.
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 14, 2012
rimax: u people are illetrate

Mr Knowledge.....clap for yourself. so tell me, tactless defending your Allah requires inflicting harm on innocent people?

Truth is, you are the illiterate here!
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by codeline(m): 11:35am On Sep 14, 2012
Bcx

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by eyantotipe(m): 11:46am On Sep 14, 2012
mbhs139: I have quieta number of post on this issue and I'm quiet disappointed by majority of comments. My basis of being disappointed is that I believe anybody that have the ability and resources to come to this forum should have at least been educated in some ways or the other. So, I'm more disappointed in most commentators ability to differentiate between religion and individual differences,

I'm a muslim and a public affair analyst. But I would like to view this issue with the public affair analysis training in me.

Although I've not seen the film in question, but the question that need to be asked is; what is the motive of the producers of the film, is it to blasphem agaist Islam, Muslims or Muhammed?

To the best of my knowledge and understanding, none of these may possibly be the answer.

Can someone somewhere possibly spend million of dollars, manpower, time and energy in producing a film for the singlelar reason of just portraying Islam and the Muslims in bad light? The answer, as far as I'm concerned is certainly No.

What then could have been the motive or objective behind this so called film about Muhammed or Islam? Believe me-you, it can be farther from economic reason. I guess you know at hand where I'm heading to. I honestly believe it can't be any other reason than for economic and perhaps political reason.

Why did I think so?

I'm quiet sure that the producers of this said film knew the implication and outcome of people's reaction to this film, particularly in the middle east, before sending it out to public domain. They knew the type and amount of riot and may helm that will result from the release and yet went ahead to do so. You will recall that this was the same thing that happened in similar event occured in Denmark some few years back.

In conclusion, the most probable reason for the production and release of the film is to give a dog a bad name so as to hang it. The producers knew quiet well the type of reception and reactio that will greet the said film and they knew what they want to achieve with it; an excuise to make incurssion into a territory under the pretext of protecting their interest. Don't forget that they are the makers of the Al-Qaeeda of this world in the first place. Or what other reason you do you think there could have been for them to enter Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and a host of others, if not under the pretext of looking for Islamic terrorist groups.

And for all those calling for The American drones into the Nigerian northern territory, I pray the affirmative is not the case. It will be palatable at the end, that's just putting it mildly.
Thank God for you as a public annalyist,do you realize that we Nigerians are not the one to answer your question?as a public annalyist will you come to the public to ask a qustion that will curse HAVOC and UNREST in your homeland were you have your family and love ones?PLEASE and PLEASE as a public annalyist we're beging you to PLEASE annalyse to your fellow muslims brothers that Nigerians are not the one that act the film and they should not go into unlawful killins and bloodshading of innocent Nigerians,am sure you have those you love and those that loves you becuase...IF WE SAY MAKE WE THROW STONE FOR MARKET IF FIT GO MEET.......................?you can fil that space..THANKS
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by tucker12(m): 11:51am On Sep 14, 2012
Dipwater:

Let's assume that the movie producer portrayed yur mohammed in a very bad lite ,does it still justify the killing of an innocent man.why not target the movie makers and kill them instead of killing people that are not related to the film industry

So wat u are trying to say here is dat if a muslim for instance insults my god I shuld kill any available muslim I can lay my hands on.

And u did not show any sympathy for those that were killed u only went ahead to talk on behalf of ur mohammed
Am not a xtian neither am I a muslim I don't biliv in a god. But I value human life over whateva rubbish religion u practice.

U have to agree with me that the law of the land shuld be above the sharia law and the xtian law. Nobody or group of persons shuld be above the law of the land. Cuz we are living in world filled with different belief system.

I feel if the Islamic groups felt disrespected over what was said about their Mohammed. All they needed to do was file a complaint and request a retraction and prosecution for of the film maker. Does that not make sense?? rather than the barbaric act of killing,burning down building and resort to this blog insults angry

Is this action displayed not a prove that violence is embedded in them a contradiction of a religion of peace. Imagine someone says obama should come and tender an apology to them shocked shocked My advice he should wait grin grin Drones are on the way grin grin

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by tucker12(m): 11:56am On Sep 14, 2012
Super1759: so its obvious that killing makes you a soul winner abii. Smh.

A reflection of state of mind .... I wonder *smh* hard
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by dandollar1: 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2012
The killing of the ambassador was a pre-planned terrorist attack, i think.the protests was just a smoke screen.How come they chose 9/11 to protest a film that had been out since may?
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by ajf(m): 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2012
mbhs139: I have quieta number of post on this issue and I'm quiet disappointed by majority of comments. My basis of being disappointed is that I believe anybody that have the ability and resources to come to this forum should have at least been educated in some ways or the other. So, I'm more disappointed in most commentators ability to differentiate between religion and individual differences,

I'm a muslim and a public affair analyst. But I would like to view this issue with the public affair analysis training in me.

Although I've not seen the film in question, but the question that need to be asked is; what is the motive of the producers of the film, is it to blasphem agaist Islam, Muslims or Muhammed?

To the best of my knowledge and understanding, none of these may possibly be the answer.

Can someone somewhere possibly spend million of dollars, manpower, time and energy in producing a film for the singlelar reason of just portraying Islam and the Muslims in bad light? The answer, as far as I'm concerned is certainly No.

What then could have been the motive or objective behind this so called film about Muhammed or Islam? Believe me-you, it can be farther from economic reason. I guess you know at hand where I'm heading to. I honestly believe it can't be any other reason than for economic and perhaps political reason.

Why did I think so?

I'm quiet sure that the producers of this said film knew the implication and outcome of people's reaction to this film, particularly in the middle east, before sending it out to public domain. They knew the type and amount of riot and may helm that will result from the release and yet went ahead to do so. You will recall that this was the same thing that happened in similar event occured in Denmark some few years back.

In conclusion, the most probable reason for the production and release of the film is to give a dog a bad name so as to hang it. The producers knew quiet well the type of reception and reactio that will greet the said film and they knew what they want to achieve with it; an excuise to make incurssion into a territory under the pretext of protecting their interest. Don't forget that they are the makers of the Al-Qaeeda of this world in the first place. Or what other reason you do you think there could have been for them to enter Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and a host of others, if not under the pretext of looking for Islamic terrorist groups.

And for all those calling for The American drones into the Nigerian northern territory, I pray the affirmative is not the case. It will be palatable at the end, that's just putting it mildly.
Mr public affairs analyst, so you mean to tell me that somebody thought your people are dogs,threw them some bones and they rushed for it proving that they are truly dogs? Public affairs analyst looooooooool...
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by rbjimoh: 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2012
Okija_juju: Prophet Mohammed (SAW) must be very insecure.. Its like he cant take a joke of any kind.. Meanwhile the number of carricature pictures of Jesus and God are countless.. Lets not even talk about Buddah and Krishna!

And there is no rule in the Quran that expressly bares Mohammed from being made fun of.. angry

EXAMPLES:

[img]http://4.bp..com/-0HdG5FWGF9g/T8xeCVNUgwI/AAAAAAAAnOk/29K2VTKKNh0/s1600/jesus_and_mo_beer_1.jpg[/img]
While it may not be out of proportion to blaspheme Jesus,albeit it is strongly frowned in islamic injunction, blaspheming prophet Muhammad is an intolerable act in islam. The weakest of faith among muslims would never ridicle other religions or what people of other faiths take to be their god. Why wont people understand that issues like this one is too sensational about islam than to make fun of it. Of course, the producer of that film new what reactions to expect before even writting the script. Thats not just fair!
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by MELAA: 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2012
All Muslim are not terrorist but all terrorist are Muslim. Islam is a confuse religion I have even know in my life. They fight for their God instead of their God to fight for them. Very confuse set of people and they will show there confusion by replying my post.
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by immortalvoices(m): 12:17pm On Sep 14, 2012
carytommy: when will this gaddamn country implode? angry angry angry angry angry
nd i say after ur family!
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 14, 2012
The so called 'innocence of muslims' is a scam by islamic fundamentalist to forment trouble.d film is an adulteration of desert warrior movie.
Itohen: A group of Muslims in the troubled tin city of Jos, Plateau State, yesterday evening held a demonstration over an America-produced film that purportedly blasphemed Prophet Muhammad.

The protesters, who defied security agents, said they would rather die than to watch their Prophet insulted, and will submit only to the laws of Allah which, to them, are supreme to any other law.

The mostly youth and children protesters, who numbered almost 100 were led by one Malam Mansur Sani Adamu in the demonstration, which took place on Bauchi Road.  They carried placards condemning the United States, Israel, Denmark and Holland, accusing them of plotting against Islam and Muslims.  Before they dispersed, they chanted, “Allahuakubar, Allahuakubar, they have touched our Prophet....”

Malam Adamu said, “We are doing this to express our anger against enemies of Allah and Islam led by America and her allies like Israel, Denmark and Holland because they are plotting against Islam. These days they have also produced another depicting film; this is what is troubling us.

This denigration of Prophet Muhammad is very sad and we are against it. With this it is better that it is death that consumed us for our Prophet to be denigrated. All Muslims in the world should come out and protest and those who cannot should pray.”

According to our source, security agencies urged the protesters to disperse since they had not secured permission, to which leader of the demonstration responded, “If our Prophet is blasphemed we will not wait for any law, Islam supersede any laws of the country.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/muslims-jos-protest-film-prophet-mohammed
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by armadeo(m): 12:32pm On Sep 14, 2012
[b][/b]@ toktee u baffle me. Below is the post I asked for clarificaiton on and u just attack. Its mindless let's try and ask questions vefore shooting!

saly kely: christianity prosper in nigeria by misinforming people about islam. The arab muslims av their issues with america who kill them on daily basis with drones, so it is nt suprising that d US ambasador was killed in libya. Afterall america contributed to d state of lawlesnes in libya.
Again, if nt 4 stupidity and ignorance why on earth will a nigerian xtian insult Allah? What will u think of an arab muslim insulting God just bc he knw him as Allah in his own language.
Again on d issue of figthin 4 GOD, WHAT did d CRUSADERS did in jerusalem? Why did moses and david fought wars on d instruction of God? Why did Jesus instructed his desciples to sell their garment and buy SWORDS. IGNORANT PEOPLE IF U DNT KNW D HISTORY OF CHRISTIANITY IN EUROPE WHY NT GO AND READ. What was d punishment 4 blashphemy in eaurope during d papacy? Why were thousands BURNT ALIVE BY THE PAPACY? HUMAN RIGHT AND DIGNITY CAME TO EUROPE WITH D OVERTHROW OF PAPACY WITH SECULARISM.

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by stjudas(m): 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2012
This movie go really be fun. In fact, make i go check am for market.

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
stjudas: This movie go really be fun. In fact, make i go check am for market.

Wait small.....Alaba boys are still cooking it grin cheesy
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Asiwaju9ja(m): 12:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
saly kely: the PEACE christians talk about does nt exist any where nt even on social media. Have d xtians ask themselves y muslims are at peace with Jesus (pbuh)? And they xtians are ful of insult to our beloved Prophet.
This same peace u talk about does nt exist in ur churches where u stoke pile weapons, this same peace does nt exist with ur brothers in jos who are knwn CARNIBALS.
Have u ever ask urself who were d first ppl to take d life of a sitin nigerian prime minister, the first to kil a premier, the first to blast nigerians by bomb, just think of any evil today in nigeria xtians are sure to be first. The fact dat u av d media on ur side does nt mean dat u dnt commit these atrocities. The south east bost of 99percent xtians, then what moral values av xtianity impercted on this spacie of blacks. They are worst in all form of crimes, 4rm kidnapin to robbery to drug peddlin to prostitution to anytin fake. To this ppl human life has no sanctity if it can fetch money

What of to slaughter like ram? Respond to my questions in my earlier posts. Weda sense go enter ur head small.
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Litmus: 12:47pm On Sep 14, 2012
I don't buy this, 'the Saudi's are not protesting', angle, they, Saudi's, can afford to sit back and rob their hands in glee, pretend they're friends of America when in reality they've got America by the scrotum and are ultimately responsible for most of the anti US sentiments which result in terrorism.

Why is it the Saudi's never make clear their disapproval, if they have any, of the unacceptable behavior and practices of these people who view Saudi Arabia as their spiritual home.

BTW

RIP to the ambassador.
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Dipwater(m): 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2012
tucker12:

I feel if the Islamic groups felt disrespected over what was said about their Mohammed. All they needed to do was file a complaint and request a retraction and prosecution for of the film maker. Does that not make sense?? rather than the barbaric act of killing,burning down building and resort to this blog insults angry

Is this action displayed not a prove that violence is embedded in them a contradiction of a religion of peace. Imagine someone says obama should come and tender an apology to them shocked shocked My advice he should wait grin grin Drones are on the way grin grin

Funny enuff the movie wuznt produced in their land. I haven't watched the film and have not heard of it b4 now. They have helped in a way to make the film popular and that means too much money for the producers

US is a civilized country where u are free to produce wateva u like as long as u do not go against the laws of the land .

And wats this thing about "any critism melted against muslims was done by the xtians" wat if the guy(s) is(are) athiest(s) or mixed as in muslim ,xtian,atheist ,agnostic etc...

Most of the movie producers in US are not xtians .from the cartoons to the sci fi go check it out. Most of this guys do not biliv in god they only produce films that wuld enrich their pockets chikena!

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Dipwater(m): 12:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
tucker12:

Funny enuff the movie wuznt produced in their land. I haven't watched the film and have not heard of it b4 now. They have helped in a way to make the film popular and that means too much money for the producers

US is a civilized country where u are free to produce wateva u like as long as u do not go against the laws of the land .

And wats this thing about "any critism melted against muslims was done by the xtians" wat if the guy(s) is(are) athiest(s) or mixed as in muslim ,xtian,atheist ,agnostic etc...

Most of the movie producers in US are not xtians .from the cartoons to the sci fi go check it out. Most of this guys do not biliv in god they only produce films that wuld enrich their pockets chikena!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

IPOB's Autopiloters Attack A Military Checkpoint In Agulu, Anambra (Videos) / Saraki Reacts As Buhari Signs Minimum Wage Bill Into Law / Infastructural Developments In Ebonyi State In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.