Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,999 members, 7,863,592 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:03 PM

Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed (44054 Views)

Shiite Muslims In Kano Mourn Victims Of Zaria Massacre / NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption / Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by rimax: 7:33am On Sep 14, 2012
ilugunboy: May Allah punish these Abokis for this profound ignorance on display.. grin
u people are illetrate
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by manmacho: 7:35am On Sep 14, 2012
saly kely: christianity prosper in nigeria by misinforming people about islam. The arab muslims av their issues with america who kill them on daily basis with drones, so it is nt suprising that d US ambasador was killed in libya. Afterall america contributed to d state of lawlesnes in libya.
Again, if nt 4 stupidity and ignorance why on earth will a nigerian xtian insult Allah? What will u think of an arab muslim insulting God just bc he knw him as Allah in his own language.
Again on d issue of figthin 4 GOD, WHAT did d CRUSADERS did in jerusalem? Why did moses and david fought wars on d instruction of God? Why did Jesus instructed his desciples to sell their garment and buy SWORDS. IGNORANT PEOPLE IF U DNT KNW D HISTORY OF CHRISTIANITY IN EUROPE WHY NT GO AND READ. What was d punishment 4 blashphemy in eaurope during d papacy? Why were thousands BURNT ALIVE BY THE PAPACY? HUMAN RIGHT AND DIGNITY CAME TO EUROPE WITH D OVERTHROW OF PAPACY WITH SECULARISM.

Bros. deal with your internal issue, men by their friut you will no them, am yet to see the fruit of peace in Islam.

Christainity had its horrendous past, but the gates of hell could not pravail against it. God gives live that is all that we preach, nothing contrary to this truth in the bible and Jesus is the perfect epitome of our Faith.

wake up Islam, where is your PEACE. but no Christ is the Prince of PEACE can't have Peace without him.
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by manmacho: 7:40am On Sep 14, 2012
ISLam fufills the proclamation of God in ISHMAEL, 'your hand will always be on your brothers throat" "he will be full of rage and a man of the sword"

so am not suprise at all that ISlam amd muslims had turn out to be who they are today, samples abounds around me, the level of intolerance is unimaginable

May God av mercy on you Guys
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by rimax: 7:41am On Sep 14, 2012
Itohen: A group of Muslims in the troubled tin city of Jos, Plateau State, yesterday evening held a demonstration over an America-produced film that purportedly blasphemed Prophet Muhammad.

The protesters, who defied security agents, said they would rather die than to watch their Prophet insulted, and will submit only to the laws of Allah which, to them, are supreme to any other law.

The mostly youth and children protesters, who numbered almost 100 were led by one Malam Mansur Sani Adamu in the demonstration, which took place on Bauchi Road.  They carried placards condemning the United States, Israel, Denmark and Holland, accusing them of plotting against Islam and Muslims.  Before they dispersed, they chanted, “Allahuakubar, Allahuakubar, they have touched our Prophet....”

Malam Adamu said, “We are doing this to express our anger against enemies of Allah and Islam led by America and her allies like Israel, Denmark and Holland because they are plotting against Islam. These days they have also produced another depicting film; this is what is troubling us.

This denigration of Prophet Muhammad is very sad and we are against it. With this it is better that it is death that consumed us for our Prophet to be denigrated. All Muslims in the world should come out and protest and those who cannot should pray.”

According to our source, security agencies urged the protesters to disperse since they had not secured permission, to which leader of the demonstration responded, “If our Prophet is blasphemed we will not wait for any law, Islam supersede any laws of the country.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/muslims-jos-protest-film-prophet-mohammed
some muslims are illitrate...
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by elujah1(m): 7:42am On Sep 14, 2012
I wonder why it is called the religion of peace. Someone provokes you and you go about attacking those that know nothing about it. The almajiris protesting in Jos don't even know what the movie looks like....They just heard and next thing they go on to protest...Any sense in those brains of theirs? The next thing, they will start burning churches.

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Youngzedd(m): 7:42am On Sep 14, 2012
colly227: Yes let them protest then try killing an american so they can get those drones down north...I would like to see those marines guys take out those bastards

That one dey no fit do, let them go to US ambassy and protect naa, abi una no see what Egyptians did, but if accidentally una kill or wound an American, I tell una forget Northern part of Naija cos as US is droping their undropable so shall the easterns clear the remaining illerates in the east.

Don't start the fight u can't finish my fellow Nigerian.

Boko Haram may use this means to acheive their deadly plan.

Let those that have ears hear.

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by vedaxcool(m): 7:43am On Sep 14, 2012
@saly kely

You should waste your time with this people, they mostly are a reflection of how useless Nigeria elites are in both reasoning and common sense. The Libya incident the US suspects al qaeda is behind the plot even one of the protesters tried rushing the US ambassador to the hospital but unfortunately he had already died. And this was only possible because of the lawlessness of libya and the cache of weapons circulating in Libya.

As a muslim, I believe, in Nigeria particularly, we should not protest this film least it turns to something that would coz deaths of innocent. In nigeria hoodlums tend to hijack protest for an opportunity to loot.

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by greall1: 7:44am On Sep 14, 2012
I love islam...
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by armadeo(m): 7:48am On Sep 14, 2012
saly kely: christianity prosper in nigeria by misinforming people about islam. The arab muslims av their issues with america who kill them on daily basis with drones, so it is nt suprising that d US ambasador was killed in libya. Afterall america contributed to d state of lawlesnes in libya.
Again, if nt 4 stupidity and ignorance why on earth will a nigerian xtian insult Allah? What will u think of an arab muslim insulting God just bc he knw him as Allah in his own language.
Again on d issue of figthin 4 GOD, WHAT did d CRUSADERS did in jerusalem? Why did moses and david fought wars on d instruction of God? Why did Jesus instructed his desciples to sell their garment and buy SWORDS. IGNORANT PEOPLE IF U DNT KNW D HISTORY OF CHRISTIANITY IN EUROPE WHY NT GO AND READ. What was d punishment 4 blashphemy in eaurope during d papacy? Why were thousands BURNT ALIVE BY THE PAPACY? HUMAN RIGHT AND DIGNITY CAME TO EUROPE WITH D OVERTHROW OF PAPACY WITH SECULARISM.

Why did Jesus instructed his desciples to sell their garment and buy SWORDS.

Pls enlighten me on this statement.

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by hillsate: 7:54am On Sep 14, 2012
lumeneng22: I like yoruba muslims them no get problem with all these nonesense. But these mumu abokis wey de read koran upside down will always be causing trouble. Do we have them in the house?

You are so right. The yoruba muslims are too busy advancing economically to have time for issues as this.

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by KDULAR: 7:56am On Sep 14, 2012

All what you said were in the history, past, over 400years ago, then the papacy and the crusaders and their ideology had long been laid to rest and due to reasoning and enlightenment. 90% of christians do not walk that line of action again because they know better infact the seculiarism was largely due to the protestant ( Christains)activity which even was responsible for the wide spread of Christianity. This is not meaning I am saying some Christians are not violent even to Christians and evryone else However, what is it with the Moslems today , of what bearing is the Europa and Othoman war has to do with me after 400 years. Now if we believe God or Allah or Olorun or Oritshe is so powerful and can do everything, why not leave him to DEAL in His wisdom and power with anyone that insults Him ? Under any guise should we endorse whatever that will take another person's life or even harm the individual in the name of God. Will anything stop with thew protests or killing no.

Is it endorsed, ( such protests and killing ) in the Qu'ran Hadith or by Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) and if anyone says yes Quote. If not, let all Muslims
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by banki(m): 8:01am On Sep 14, 2012
Sad realy sad, christians went to churches in jos, in kano, in madala, in damaturu they were bombed and killed innocently, innocent children, pregnant mothers, they didnt go around protesting and killing every muslim in sight... this happened here in NIgeria we saw the deaths we saw the killings, our muslim brothers only came out to deny that boko haram are not true muslims where is thier concience

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by KDULAR: 8:02am On Sep 14, 2012
Anyway and seriously, if you are not a Muslim or you can't recite the Qu'ran and you've and you can speak Hausa and you stayed in the North especially in Abeg Abeg Abeg . Be very careful of those blood thirsty human beings and just stay at a home or move inconspicuously as much as possible today and in the next few weeks. May God be with us
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Asiwaju9ja(m): 8:02am On Sep 14, 2012
mmmustapha: Oh Allah illiteracy is a disease, wen will dis bloody bastards stop insultin islam, I pity u so called xtians

Brother, if u are sure that ur God is potent. Let him fight his war and leave innocent pple alone. Are u not tired of all the senseless killings all over d world in d name of islam? An ambassador was killed because of a poorly made film by an individual that lives in america. Not the american govt. You will kill every american and xtian for this? Who is an illiterate here? BH does not want liberation for u thru education, becos ur eyes will be opened and know ur left 4m ur right as an individual. Dis brainwashed kind of followership will seize thru education that's y dey want non of it. My brother, killing is bad in whatever guise.
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by manmacho: 8:03am On Sep 14, 2012
armadeo:

we did the one that ask them to get a sword laid down his life.

Peter with his sword slashed one of the king ordleys ear but he replaced it.

does this tells you anything about the person of Jesus

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by hillsate: 8:11am On Sep 14, 2012
Horayce:

Yes elites like u r the bane of society. Heaping all the blame and scorn on the unfortunate illiterates whom are often the pawns and stooges of ur ilk. Keep sitting withing the safe cocoon of ur armchair thinking help will come from a Muppet in the cloud. Until elites like u stop the morally reprehensible crime of sitting idly by and supporting these religious clashes by ur sheer indifference nothing will ever change,

These alphabets you jumbled here, what exactly are your assumptions? Your post is based on a very wrong assumption. Please you can do better Horror, sorry Horayce.
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by odehaj: 8:13am On Sep 14, 2012
Unfortunately,in this world we have Islam.
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 14, 2012
idiots

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by kunletade(m): 8:15am On Sep 14, 2012
Please when did we start our protest in Lagos in support of the muslims around the world
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by boads: 8:18am On Sep 14, 2012
We christains believe God is using the spirit of Islam to make His end time prophecies happen. Why? Because, as a Muslim once wrote to our website: "Muslims HATE Jews and Christians and all they stand for, including Capitalism." The Bible says that in the end times, believers in Yeshua will be beheaded for their belief (Rev. 20:4). And who are the ONLY people in the entire universe who still behead? The Muslims! They have become the world's worst enemy, as evidenced by the myriad terrorist attacks not only on Israel but the entire world. And the worst is yet to come..
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Ramtzy: 8:21am On Sep 14, 2012
odehaj: if the Quaran is really a holy book like d Bible why is it out-dated? Most of d practices are stoned-ag experiences e.g stoning, cutting of hands,women should not leave the room,floggings,jihad etc..which are NOT relevant now. Today in Nigeria the education minister is a woman, meanwhile, she is supposd to belong to some man as a property,conciubine or sex object for sexual pleasures only.The Bible needs no revision, it fits in any century.

Liar..!!!! So that's why Christian keeps revising the Bible to suit the modern day life. King James Revised Version
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by maasoap(m): 8:29am On Sep 14, 2012
wellmax:
I always ignored deluded morons like you, but why am I responding? Well I thought maybe I could help you. You didn't answer my questions you just throw them back. Did you see the movie? I didn't so what should I condemn? Did I see the destruction and killings,yes I did. Am I afraid that it could be worse after mosque tomorrow? Yes I am. So You are protesting, why am I not surprised. You know quite well the number of books tapes and videos by †ђε so called Islamic clerics criticizing christianity, did anybody go about killing for these? But because human life means nothing to you, you may continue your protest, if you kill you get virgins, if you are killed you get more virgins. Keep it up.
Name calling has clearly shown frustration on your part and lack logical arguement. Did you answer my question? No, you threw it back at me and I also did the same to you! Why would I allow you to put me in defensive position? It is expected of you as an impartial judge which you're trying to portray yourself to see the movie before taking side. You have internet connection, you have time to see it.
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by maasoap(m): 8:29am On Sep 14, 2012
wellmax:
I always ignored deluded morons like you, but why am I responding? Well I thought maybe I could help you. You didn't answer my questions you just throw them back. Did you see the movie? I didn't so what should I condemn? Did I see the destruction and killings,yes I did. Am I afraid that it could be worse after mosque tomorrow? Yes I am. So You are protesting, why am I not surprised. You know quite well the number of books tapes and videos by †ђε so called Islamic clerics criticizing christianity, did anybody go about killing for these? But because human life means nothing to you, you may continue your protest, if you kill you get virgins, if you are killed you get more virgins. Keep it up.
Name calling has clearly shown frustration on your part and lack logical arguement. Did you answer my question? No, you threw it back at me and I also did the same to you! Why would I allow you to put me in defensive position? It is expected of you as an impartial judge which you're trying to portray yourself to see the movie before taking side. You have internet connection, you have time to see it.
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by KDULAR: 8:31am On Sep 14, 2012
hillsate:

You are so right. The yoruba muslims are too busy advancing economically to have time for issues as this.

Don't be deceived, some of them are as dangerous as the Northern fellows. It was just because there seemed to be a sizeable number of non - Muslims amongst them. The day you have a population proportion of about 40 % Muslims to others , you'll start seeing same thing as it's witnessed elsewhere in the world. I had an immediate senior in Secondary school way back , infact he was the Senior prefect in a school where there are more than 80 % Muslims , this guy was always very brutal with non- Muslims , subtly, he was forcing with canning those who would rather stay in class than go to chapel or mosque on fridays to the Mosque,at that time! despite the school policy on religion.
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by oradee: 8:34am On Sep 14, 2012
maasoap: Name calling has clearly shown frustration on your part and lack logical arguement. Did you answer my question? No, you threw it back at me and I also did the same to you! Why would I allow you to put me in defensive position? It is expected of you as an impartial judge which you're trying to portray yourself to see the movie before taking side. You have internet connection, you have time to see it.

which defensive?
Did any of u fight for prophet isa (jesus) when he was mocked in movies round the world? or u people chose which Prophet to kill for? #Hypocrits

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by KDULAR: 8:35am On Sep 14, 2012
Ramtzy:

Liar..!!!! So that's why Christian keeps revising the Bible to suit the modern day life. King James Revised Version

Content same English language if I tell you thou art welcomed or I say I speaketh my mind nay it doeth not answereth, does it make sense to you ? that is the substance of the versions
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by searay(m): 8:38am On Sep 14, 2012
aspabay: Oh mohammed (piss be upon him) see what you have caused. Why didn't your mother abort you.
Amen
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by odehaj: 8:53am On Sep 14, 2012
Ramtzy:

Childish mumuish talk.Now go and gather all the translations including the one in your dialects and check if you will spot any difference from the Hebrew-the newest.Be sincere,after this forum reflect on your life as a Muslim apart worldly pleasures(women,money,etc)are you really happy inwardly? Your paper(Qua'ran)that your Mohammad sat down,copied some from d Bible to form is out-dated does it Inspire you? Do u have revelations(godly one),vision when u chant it?How old is Islam anyway?fake fake!
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Asiwaju9ja(m): 8:53am On Sep 14, 2012

These are questions you should ask urself:

1. Did d crusade continue? What happened?

2. Was it a good thing? But, it ended abi?

3. Did other xtians fight against d wickedness perpetrated? Y are other muslims like urself not condeming dis present wickedness.

D moral from these questions is that:

1.This bloodthirsty nature of Islam will end someday.
2. What islam is doing is very bad(maybe u don't know)

3. Xtians have a mind of their own and can question any doctrine that dey deemed wrong.
E.g u can't tell a xtian to take another person's life in d name of Jesus Christ. The why? Will be plenty.

Please, in d name of God. Sit back and ask urself some why's? And get answers to these why's? From a non-biased point of view.

I want to live life in peace, I don't know about )YOU.
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Toktee(m): 8:57am On Sep 14, 2012
armadeo:

Who is this,look like you have been sleeping for centuries,continue with your muhamed that is still in the grave,when the trumpet sound,i will see who will hell you,go ahead and tell us where jesus ask xtians to do that in the bible,powerles muhamed
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Toktee(m): 8:58am On Sep 14, 2012
armadeo:

Who is this,look like you have been sleeping for centuries,continue with your muhamed that is still in the grave,when the trumpet sound,i will see who will help you,go ahead and tell us where jesus ask xtians to do that in the bible,powerles muhamed
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by mbhs139(m): 9:03am On Sep 14, 2012
I have quieta number of post on this issue and I'm quiet disappointed by majority of comments. My basis of being disappointed is that I believe anybody that have the ability and resources to come to this forum should have at least been educated in some ways or the other. So, I'm more disappointed in most commentators ability to differentiate between religion and individual differences,

I'm a muslim and a public affair analyst. But I would like to view this issue with the public affair analysis training in me.

Although I've not seen the film in question, but the question that need to be asked is; what is the motive of the producers of the film, is it to blasphem agaist Islam, Muslims or Muhammed?

To the best of my knowledge and understanding, none of these may possibly be the answer.

Can someone somewhere possibly spend million of dollars, manpower, time and energy in producing a film for the singlelar reason of just portraying Islam and the Muslims in bad light? The answer, as far as I'm concerned is certainly No.

What then could have been the motive or objective behind this so called film about Muhammed or Islam? Believe me-you, it can be farther from economic reason. I guess you know at hand where I'm heading to. I honestly believe it can't be any other reason than for economic and perhaps political reason.

Why did I think so?

I'm quiet sure that the producers of this said film knew the implication and outcome of people's reaction to this film, particularly in the middle east, before sending it out to public domain. They knew the type and amount of riot and may helm that will result from the release and yet went ahead to do so. You will recall that this was the same thing that happened in similar event occured in Denmark some few years back.

In conclusion, the most probable reason for the production and release of the film is to give a dog a bad name so as to hang it. The producers knew quiet well the type of reception and reactio that will greet the said film and they knew what they want to achieve with it; an excuise to make incurssion into a territory under the pretext of protecting their interest. Don't forget that they are the makers of the Al-Qaeeda of this world in the first place. Or what other reason you do you think there could have been for them to enter Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and a host of others, if not under the pretext of looking for Islamic terrorist groups.

And for all those calling for The American drones into the Nigerian northern territory, I pray the affirmative is not the case. It will be palatable at the end, that's just putting it mildly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Newly Wedded Bride Joins #endsars Protest In Ondo State / Abiola's Family Slams David Hundeyin, Calls Him A Fake News Peddler / Akeem Akintunde's Post Before The Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.