Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies (7771 Views)

Tinubu Demands Apology From Saraki, Dogara On National Dailies - Vanguard / PHCN To Import Prepaid Meters / PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by PaulJohn1: 9:39pm On Sep 13, 2012

PHCN will not hesitate to drag its debtors to the press.
The Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN, will soon publish names of its debtors in national dailies if they fail to pay their debts amounting to N16 billion.
The Managing Director of the Kaduna Electricity Distribution Company, Idris Mohammed, said this during the First Customers Consultative
Council meeting on Wednesday in Kaduna.

Mr. Mohammed said electricity consumers owe the company huge debts despite all efforts to ensure regular and effective debt collection.
He said the present debt profile was inimical to the company’s corporate survival. He urged consumers to settle their electricity bills to ensure good service delivery at all times.

The Kaduna electricity boss said more than 50,000 pre-paid meters had been distributed to customers in Kaduna metropolis, Samaru, and Zaria
Business Units. He said more than 3,500 special pre-paid meters had been deployed to Sokoto State to cater for both Gwiwa and Marina
Business Units under the Federal Government’s Pilot Programme.

“This special Federal Government project will promote customer satisfaction and revenue improvement,” the managing director said.
He said that the company would soon send prepaid meters to Zamfara, Katsina, Kebbi and other states to guarantee accurate billing of
customers.

The initiative is expected to help reduce friction between customers and marketers, which often resulted to disconnection.
According to him, the company has purchased more than 50 transformers to replace ageing ones, while some injection sub-stations have been
completed.

The Zonal Chairman of the Customers Consultative Council, Linus Alhassan, urged various communities to set up monitoring teams to
guard PHCN installations. He said the activities of vandals had continued to increase daily.

Mr. Alhassan noted that there was a dearth of PHCN equipment in the store, which had made replacement of stolen ones difficult, saying
adequate security of PHCN cables and other materials would enable customers enjoy adequate power supply.

A customer from Kano Business Unit, Umar Muhammed, commended the Kaduna Electricity Distribution Company for engaging electricity
consumers through the Customers Consultative Council meeting.
He expressed the hope that the steps taken by the company would improve power generation across the zone.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/100044-phcn-to-publish-debtors-names-in-national-dailies.html
Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by Callotti: 9:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
Debtors for 'no-service'? shocked

1 Like

Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by Osama10(m): 10:11pm On Sep 13, 2012
Must you tell the populace what you plan to do?

2 Likes

Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by Excelboi(m): 10:17pm On Sep 13, 2012
Daftness... 4cking daftness on PHCN part! That's intolerable. As if they even supply light regularly. I wonder how many names of debtors all over Nigeria they could publish.

3 Likes

Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by SisiKill1: 10:17pm On Sep 13, 2012
Are customers also allowed to take PHCN to task (whichever way they deem fit) when don't supply electricity? undecided

3 Likes

Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by Maxymilliano(m): 10:17pm On Sep 13, 2012
Pls publish it jare but also remember to publish the quantum of darkness that was supplied during the period under consideration.

4 Likes

Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 13, 2012
When is the FG selling this thing called PHCN?

1 Like

Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by yemi2plus(m): 10:19pm On Sep 13, 2012
So? Hw does dat affect d cost of power in my area?
Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by Jyde89: 10:21pm On Sep 13, 2012
Do we drag them to God for year's of blackout and no apology. Smh... Press my foot.

1 Like

Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by Super1759: 10:21pm On Sep 13, 2012
How many pages will these names consume? Just wondering

3 Likes

Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 13, 2012
Looking for another way to "pocketilize" funds abi?

Naija. Typical.

1 Like

Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by Chanchit: 10:31pm On Sep 13, 2012
So newspaper will now come and catch me abi..? In my flat alone we were oweing 97k, while the whole block owe more than 3m, not to talk of the whole estate, thats why my estate was among the first beneficiary of the free pre paid meter. Cos that way everybody had to pay or no light. Why will i pay money that will go into private pockets.

6 Likes

Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by kavey10(m): 10:35pm On Sep 13, 2012
OMG! I'm in trouble, it'll ruin my political ambition to secure a top LG post in d cumin elections so as 2 'take' wats mine nd buy enuf sacks of garri 2 last my lifetime! I nid 2 start paying nau o! Tapping light don stop. Seun, abeg I nid loan o!

2 Likes

Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 13, 2012
The last time i checked, IPMN (I PASS MY NEIGHBOR) was still selling like hot cake.

4 Likes

Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by ignis: 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2012
They can do that only if they assure us of constant power supply. It has to be an agreement.
Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by Sxsells: 10:46pm On Sep 13, 2012
If it's according to amount owed, I ll be first on the list! I'm connected directly to the pole..nonsense
Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by ebamma(m): 10:46pm On Sep 13, 2012
PHCN= power holding continous in nigeria

1 Like

Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by brosnan68: 10:46pm On Sep 13, 2012
really want to publish it??
Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 13, 2012
Super1759: How many pages will these names consume? Just wondering
don't mind the murrafuckers! even if they use all the hardcover notebooks in nigeria,it won't still contain the names.they should better include my name among their debtors cos I owe dem big time for the darkness they gave me!
Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by Shaw007(m): 10:48pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ther insane
Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by Wsdm: 10:51pm On Sep 13, 2012
The only way power can increase in Nigeria is when the government make available prepaid meter for every house, which they( government officials) have been so reluctant to do. When we are allowed to Pay exactly what we consume, honestly they will not get 2% of the income they are getting today and that will have made them to wake up.
Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by slimzme: 10:58pm On Sep 13, 2012
S*x sells:
If it's according to amount owed, I ll be first on the list! I'm connected directly to the pole..nonsense
So if they publish d names wat next?probably go to FM stations to call out d names like row call.
I just wonder which newspaper dey will use to publish d names,cos only alphabet A,will fill up d whole sun newspaper oh......

2 Likes

Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by thelastPope(m): 11:03pm On Sep 13, 2012
You lads like making noise on NL. Pay up or shut up! You want free awuf abi? The PHCN sale is concluding like in a months time. Then una go see pepper if una no pay up. Poor wretched debtors. Poverty is a disease.

2 Likes

Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by fankasibe: 11:08pm On Sep 13, 2012
I'm sure our name will be listed, we ar owing 300,000
Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by dedeike: 11:08pm On Sep 13, 2012
I thought the successful bidders for the technical evaluation of distribution companies would emerge today. That is where our attention should be redirected to and not this distraction by an ailing electric body which is undergoing privatisation.
Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by kpozite(m): 11:11pm On Sep 13, 2012
It only in Nigeria that people pay for blackouts SMH cry
Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 13, 2012
thelastPope: You lads like making noise on NL. Pay up or shut up! You want free awuf abi? The PHCN sale is concluding like in a months time. Then una go see pepper if una no pay up. Poor wretched debtors. Poverty is a disease.
sharrap your mouth you spoilt brat! What exactly should I be paying for? Darkness or light? Am waiting for them to come to my house and force me to pay bill then I will send Amadioha to skin them alive!

1 Like

Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 13, 2012
This PHCN or NEPA are fucktards. Let them go to hell and publish names. It is in 9ja people pay 4 service not rendered. In a sane society unlike 9ja,phcn should have lost fortune already paying for fines,damages and legal battles with millions of customers in 9ja. We are also dumb asses in dis 9ja. We keep paying for days,months of power outage happily without demanding,protesting for value for our money. We are however good at praying to God,asking for help 4rm foreign countries to fight 4 us and wishing for miracles. Let them go to hell and start publishing names but they should also be ready to defend those names cos most of them would have paid into Nepa's account but never reflected on paper. Nja for show

3 Likes

Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by Eifeh(m): 11:16pm On Sep 13, 2012
My light fellow nnaji resign, on light again and we are still in raining season oo for raining season fanz you people should talk now.
Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by CHIDIEJIOGU: 11:17pm On Sep 13, 2012
THESE KUNTA KUNTE PHCN ARE COACROCHES TO THIS NATION,
THE'RE NOT EVEN ASHAMED TO TALK AFTER DISAPOINTING THIS NATION FOR SO LONG.
WELL 4K PHCN THEY CAN GO AND DO THEIR WORST.

1 Like

Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by Adanyebe(m): 11:17pm On Sep 13, 2012
Make thunder stike them (100 100 times)...how can i be a deptor to PHCN wen my meter dosnt read for dayz due to their poor epileptic services abi dey don dey craze !!!

1 Like

Re: PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies by adaptor4all: 11:19pm On Sep 13, 2012
thelastPope: You lads like making noise on NL. Pay up or shut up! You want free awuf abi? The PHCN sale is concluding like in a months time. Then una go see pepper if una no pay up. Poor wretched debtors. Poverty is a disease.
I neva knew some phcn workers are in NL..Mumu,always payin 4 darknes..mtcheeeew

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE / See What This Igbo Boy Wrote On Facebook About Yorubas And Hausas. / Ondo Ex-speaker, Victor Olabintan Kidnapped In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.