Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE (7736 Views)

Oil Discovery In The North Is A Huge Blessing For The South / Keep Off Aso Rock Now, Man Who Predicted Mko’s Death, Gej's Defeat Warns Gmb / Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by Nobody: 8:23am On May 13, 2015
Its being my lifelong habit to always look for some consoling success in every defeat, and some subtle or obvious gains from every loss. And this habit has indeed helped me so far in my life's journey. Of course, its being said over and over again that EVERY DISAPPOINTMENT IS A BLESSING. Every negative situation carries some kind of latent/hidden positives in it; its our duty to find out the positives. And that will go a long way in our ability to manage the negative situation.

God bless GMB, The President-Elect. I've learned a whole lot of lessons from him. His victory has brought some dramatic changes in my company. Almost all those in high positions are already gittery and making amends. Everyone wants to make sure they are not found wanting when the books will be revealed for accountability and stewardship. That's a great one! But he's NOT the purpose of this message; its about the gains from GEJ's loss at the last general elections. As I walk along the streets of PH, I could see on many faces the disappointment and gloom following GEJ's defeat, and I have tried to turn the eyes of many towards the bigger picture. Some have come to my paradigm; others have chosen to continue wallowing in his loss. Its their call. Our vision and perspective always affect our outlook.

Where's The Blessing?

The dust has finally settled down. The emotions, like an ebb, has waned down. Its time to think and look beyond 2015. Deeply within me, I'm happy he lost the last elections . His loss has reawakened in many a new sense of political consciousness and history. His loss has birthed a fresh and determined call for political understanding .Never in the history of our people had we become more conscious and aware of the issues at stake for us in the SS/SE. Personally, I had finished reading two great books. WHY WE STRUCK and THERE WAS A COUNTRY. They are a wonderful pair. If we don't understand and know our past, we may be unable to predict the journey of our future. If he hadn't, many of us in the SS/SE wont had learned these lessons. I have passed these books to two other people, and both have come to thank me.

Whenever I see a thread here on regionalism and true federalism( though these issues have been around the corner for many years), the fresh zeal and passion with which people clamour for them, I attribute it to the defeat of GEJ. There are more blessings yet to be revealed as the days wear on.

SS/SE Must Unite

Following the Nigeria Civil war, our parents told us a whole lot of lies about the Igbos. As I grow up and read, I have debunked and cast aside all these lies about the Igbos. Every tribe has its own issues. The Ijaws have theirs; the Igbos also. So does every other tribe. Late Ojukwu is yet to be understood. My people never understood him; even majority of the Igbos are yet to fully grasp his vision and passion. Any other person can denigrate and insult him; not me. He remains a hero to me. The events he foresaw and fought against are still here with us.

For whatever reasons, the Igbos have come to show themselves as people to be trusted. Their alliance with us in the last elections proved that. The Ijaws have come to realize they didn't do well during the civil war. You wont blame them. Their suspicion and betrayal of the Igbos was borne out of misinformation and ignorance of the things Ojukwu saw. I was particularly happy when the IYC visited Ndigbo recently and made amends. That's the way to go.

Now, we have to unite. That unity should be about bringing good governance to our people. The last elections present a bleak future for us. Seriously, with the current political structure, we have NO faith in this nation. The unity isn't about secession( though that can be the case many years later); its about uniting to assessing the need for a change of the current system. The current system is best described as fraudulent, and internal colonization. I fully support the Lower Niger Congress. Lets see how it goes.

Every people preserves the inalienable right to self-determination. And where a people feel their yearnings and deep aspirations cannot be achieved in the prevailing system, its behoves on them to chart another. I encourage all SS/SE people to identify with the Lower Niger Congress. It might eventually come down to a referendum.

If we continue to play the ostrich on a matter as vital as this, it will only get worse for our future generations as we would have brought them into a system in which they have NO hope and sense of belonging.

For now, I still remain a Nigerian.

Proudly Ijaw! No dulling.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by SHARIAREPORTERS: 8:28am On May 13, 2015
D yolubaz will continue to be d slave
Ve always said it, d greediness of tinubu and his set of yolubaz won't allow d northern cum south west marriage to work fine
Can't wait for Buhari to start kicking yolubaz ass

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by ThunderTrail(f): 8:29am On May 13, 2015
@Barcanista, nice writeup. keep them coming, we are reading.

3 Likes

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by Nobody: 8:33am On May 13, 2015
What lies in store for the Niger Deltans/SS? Do we continue with the one Nigeria? Should we demand for independent Niger-Delta country or we consolidate on our love and unity with the Igbo nation for an independent and a united SS/SE country?

As an Ijaw, our father's resisted Biafran movement because of "trust" issues. I have searched to see the legitimacy of such fears even read from the memo of Chief Dappa Biriye and I have found no real base but the natural human fear of the unknown. Dappa Biriye, Isaac Boro and some others fought for united Nigeria even when they had nothing gaining from the country. Dappa Biriye was very close to Yakubu Gowon, Muritala Muhammed and even Ahmadu Bello. He always preached "resource control" and good environment, yet we never achieved it. In fact, he formed the Niger Delta Council, a political party for the ethnic Eastern Minorities, through which Melford Okilo won a seat to the House of Representative. He had alliance with Northern People Congress that formed the government, yet we achieved nothing but a common parliamentary secretary. Despite our loyalty to the Nigerian state, the status quo of marginalisation and outright rejection of our demands still stares our faces.

Of a truth, the Niger Delta is filled with different ethnic group and it has never been an organised entity. An independent Niger Delta will only created a confused society. The more organised entity is the eastern region/SS/SE that has been even before independence. The Igbos have shown real brotherhood and have been consistent. I TRUST them.

If Nigeria is to remain United, there must be structural change. Resource Control and True Federalism should not only be accepted, but implemented and encouraged for socio-economic and political progress. A continuous rejection of this demand should make way for a referendum for the people of the ss/se to determine their future in accordance with the UN Principle of Self Determination. Should that be the case, I shall support a United Country with the Igbo nation and the SS irrespesctive of the nomenclature.

However, the new country will have to adopt autonomy of the different nations that makes up the country.

God Bless Us All

26 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by Nobody: 8:34am On May 13, 2015
ThunderTrail:
@Barcanista, nice writeup. keep them coming, we are reading.

Baby, you're NOT seeing well.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by socialmediaman: 8:35am On May 13, 2015
Good dreams. It's not out of place to ask for your own territory and control of your resources, but with what I see happening in the south east, everyone wants to be king, nobody wants to be ruled, how then will it work? Where is the leadership to be referenced? Ohaneze is factionalized, Rochas group, Peter Obi group etc, which one is the dominant?

Plus, where is the good governance? It's not about having your own resources when you'll only end up intimidating your own people with it, do you have grassroot support for this clamor or is it just a few self centered people calling for it for selfish interest?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by BlackTechnology: 8:36am On May 13, 2015
I thank God that my ancestral brothers(SS) now know their real enemies

I thank God that Yorubas plan is being scuttled

God bless Lower Niger Republic

Buhari

Prove us wrong that you are not

BABA ONE CHANCE

BABA HYPOCRITE

BABA MAGICIAN

Prove us wrong by probing

Tinubu OBJ Saraki Atiku Rochas Amaechi

Prove us wrong by probing the corrupt Federal Civil Service which is dominated by Tinubu's people

Sir

Tinubu's people voted you because they believe they can steal the oil wealth and presidency through you

They believe Tinubu through Osinbajo can control your government the way Idiagbon did

Sir

They do not believe in change because if they do, they would have voted you in 2007 and 2011

Remember that you are a descendant of Usman Dan Fodio

Remember that your ancestors never allowed the Oduduwas deceive them

WISE UP wink wink wink cool

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by otokx(m): 8:39am On May 13, 2015
Its normal for minority tribes to distrust majority especially when the rules of engagement are not sancrosanct. There is no blessing for the south south unless they can take hold of the PDP machinery and then form a viable opposition. GEJ finished us wallahi, there is no completed road project in our region unlike the East where at least Owerri - Onitsha is done and dusted.

2 Likes

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by OkutaNla: 8:42am On May 13, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
D yolubaz will continue to be d slave
Ve always said it, d greediness of tinubu and his set of yolubaz won't allow d northern cum south west marriage to work fine
Can't wait for Buhari to start kicking yolubaz ass

I agree. Plus, the igbos are angry and jealous slaves. They served the Hausa-Fulani via political alliance for so long with nothing to show for it, before and after the civil war (go ask Azikiwe and Ekwueme), and their last slave-master was an ijaw called Ebele Jonathan. I guess they must really miss being slaves coz they have been foaming in the mouth since Goodluck lost reelection. cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by otokx(m): 8:45am On May 13, 2015
The East has APGA, APC and PDP, they were actually wiser. Having different hands in the pot of soup. The South put all eggs in 1 basket - PDP and now we are stuck with it.

There is no use saying unite, we just have to develop a viable and strong opposition but greed will not let us do that so let's hope that some miracle happens.

Edo is west before someone will say another thing.

7 Likes

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by Randerl: 8:49am On May 13, 2015
sanomi002:

I AM A REGISTARED DISTRIBUTOR OF DANGOTE CEMENT IN OBAJANA CEMENT PLANT (OCP) in Kogi State, Nigeria.
Purchase a
trailer load of dangote
cement at a low factory
price. We ship to any part
of the country upon the
customer(s) order, and
delivered to your door step
product: dangote cement
(50kg)
origin: dangote factory. Price per bag: 1,000 naira
only. Trailer load qty: 600 bags. Total cost: 600 bags x
1,000 naira: = 600,000. 00
naira *duration of delivery
after order:2days
transportation cost:
Does not depends on distance/your
state. Contact us now to
place your order via
CONTACT NAME : SALIU MAHOUD. CONTACT NO :07068195288
note: we deliver our goods
to where ever state our
customers may reside in
stocks, sites or construction
company
OUR MODE OF DELIVERY IS VERY EASY AND CONVENIENT. YOU SIMPLY BOOK/ORDER. WE ARRANGE TRANSPORT AND YOU GET YOUR CEMENT ANYWHERE IN NIGERIA WITHIN 2 DAYS MAXIMUM.

l hope CASH on delivery is allowed
Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by OkutaNla: 8:52am On May 13, 2015
otokx:
The East has APGA, APC and PDP, they were actually wiser. Having different hands in the pot of soup. The South put all eggs in 1 basket - PDP and now we are stuck with it.

There is no use saying unite, we just have to develop a viable and strong opposition but greed will not let us do that so let's hope that some miracle happens.

Edo is west before someone will say another thing.

Any SE/SS alliance post-GEJ will fail coz the tie that bound them was the Jonathan presidency, which is now practically history.

Besides, the SS isn't an homogeneous entity to speak with one voice. In any such alliance as is being proposed, sooner than later the treacherous Igbos will soon begin to domineer over the others -- igbos were willing to play second fiddle to the ijaw during Jonathan's presidency due to his position as president. But now that he's gone they will assert their numerical superiority as usual. Nothing new.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by Nobody: 8:55am On May 13, 2015
I am in love with this Dipreye guy.
GEJ's lost is bigger than mismanagement of Nigeria. It boils down to his Igboness( the support he was getting from SE and the SW attitude of calling everybody from his side Igbo)
He ran his government the same way all our past Leader did theirs, but he gave the petroleum ministry to a lady(ijaw/igbo). Most yorubas were not happy with Mrs Diezani Mmadueke and her way of operation. When their son OBJ was in charge of that ministry, they didn't complain. And they didn't understand why Mrs Ngozi Iweala continued as finance in charge.
It was the SW propaganda that prompted the Northern awakening, otherwise why didn't they support GMB before. The subsequent threats to Igbos in Lagos is an off shoot of what Nigeria has been and will continue to be.
I pray that GMB wiLl rise above all our tribalistic and nepotic tendencies and heal this country. Otherwise, instead of GEJ he will be that last Presido of a united Naija.

God bless us all
God bless Nigeria

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by OkutaNla: 9:01am On May 13, 2015
udordike:
Otherwise, instead of GEJ he will be that last Presido of a united Naija.

You people and empty threats sha! I recall many of you bragged that Buhari "can never rule a united Nigeria", there will be war if Buhari wins, blah blah blah. Igbos are a peculiar lot indeed. They are the ones trying to instigate the SS to secede along with you simply coz you lost your influence in gov't? ? Very childish bunch. Smh.

11 Likes

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by Nobody: 9:02am On May 13, 2015
OkutaNla:

Any SE/SS alliance post-GEJ will fail coz the tie that bound them was the Jonathan presidency, which is now practically history.
Besides, the SS isn't an homogeneous entity to speak with one voice. In any such alliance as is being proposed, sooner than later the treacherous Igbos will soon begin to domineer over the others -- igbos were willing to play second fiddle to the ijaw during Jonathan's presidency due to his position as president. But now that he's gone they will assert their numerical superiority as usual. Nothing new.

I am living amongst your people, okutanla. Your people have a way of calling Edo people Omo odua when national issues are involved and calling them olosi omo igbo at off peak periods.

8 Likes

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by otokx(m): 9:02am On May 13, 2015
OkutaNla:

Agree with you 101% we the south have to look inwards and find it, with no central support it will take a selfless heart and mind of our political leaders to deliver but will greed allow them?

4 Likes

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by Nobody: 9:06am On May 13, 2015
OkutaNla:

You people and empty threats sha! I recall many of you bragged that Buhari "can never rule a united Nigeria", there will be war if Buhari wins, blah blah blah. Igbos are a peculiar lot indeed. They are the ones trying to instigate the SS to secede along with you simply coz you lost your influence in gov't? ? Very childish bunch. Smh.

We are not instigating anybody. We have been working on our self determination since. Now they are keying, its good.
Also if they say no tomorrow, its also good.

2 Likes

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by PassingShot(m): 9:32am On May 13, 2015
My commenting is after a long and deep thought about the topic and the OP. Hope you understand what I mean.

@ the topic, I see that you, just like many other SSners will prefer to have an independent nation with the SE if you cannot achieve full resource control. With every sense of good intent, I say to you that neither of your two preferences will still achieve for your region what the current arrangement has not achieved for it.

I say this based on the following facts:
1. The ND region currently enjoys higher monthly allocation than any other region of the country by virtue of the additional 13% for being the owner of the crude oil.
2. There is a special ministry of Niger Delta for the sole purpose of looking into developing the area by the FG. The ministry is usually headed by an indigine of ND region.
3. There is the NDDC especially created for comprehensive development of the ND region. Even though its activities are similar to the ND ministry, the NDDC gets seperate budget for its programs.

My question now is, has the ND region witnessed the type of development one would expect from that area given the amount of monies that have been sunk there through the three special means explained above since they were created? Your answer is as good as mine.

My summary is that, full resource control will not guarantee the development craved for by ND region if the citizens of the region continue to fail to hold their leaders to account.
Today in ND, Ibori is still celebrated by a cult followership. Alams was pardoned by GEJ. GEJ in almost six years didn't do much for the same region. In fact, Bayelsa state didn't see any significant improvement during his tenure as president.

Likewise, an independent SE/SS nation will create more problems (and possibly war) between the two regions. Just take a look at what is currently happening in South Sudan after their seperation from Sudan. What happened with East Germany after seperation from Germany?

Lastly, I do not mind if Nigeria peacefully disintegrates. I am sure that SW where I come from is capable of holding their leaders to accounts better than any other region. SW was the leading critic of OBJ as Nigerian president and we will not hesitate to call the bluffs of our kings if they take unpopular stands. Can this be said of the SS and SE? I very much doubt it.

Just as an aside, I lived in Delta stae for over ten years and I have a good knowledge of how their leaders place personal interests over and above collective interest of the people than that of SW.

13 Likes

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by cutietokunbo: 9:34am On May 13, 2015
dearpreye:
Its being my lifelong habit to always look for some consoling success in every defeat, and some subtle or obvious gains from every loss. And this habit has indeed helped me so far in my life's journey. Of course, its being said over and over again that EVERY DISAPPOINTMENT IS A BLESSING. Every negative situation carries some kind of latent/hidden positives in it; its our duty to find out the positives. And that will go a long way in our ability to manage the negative situation.

God bless GMB, The President-Elect. I've learned a whole lot of lessons from him. His victory has brought some dramatic changes in my company. Almost all those in high positions are already gittery and making amends. Everyone wants to make sure they are not found wanting when the books will be revealed for accountability and stewardship. That's a great one! But he's NOT the purpose of this message; its about the gains from GEJ's loss at the last general elections. As I walk along the streets of PH, I could see on many faces the disappointment and gloom following GEJ's defeat, and I have tried to turn the eyes of many towards the bigger picture. Some have come to my paradigm; others have chosen to continue wallowing in his loss. Its their call. Our vision and perspective always affect our outlook.

Where's The Blessing?

The dust has finally settled down. The emotions, like an ebb, has waned down. Its time to think and look beyond 2015. Deeply within me, I'm happy he lost the last elections . His loss has reawakened in many a new sense of political consciousness and history. His loss has birthed a fresh and determined call for political understanding .Never in the history of our people had we become more conscious and aware of the issues at stake for us in the SS/SE. Personally, I had finished reading two great books. WHY WE STRUCK and THERE WAS A COUNTRY. They are a wonderful pair. If we don't understand and know our past, we may be unable to predict the journey of our future. If he hadn't, many of us in the SS/SE wont had learned these lessons. I have passed these books to two other people, and both have come to thank me.

Whenever I see a thread here on regionalism and true federalism( though these issues have been around the corner for many years), the fresh zeal and passion with which people clamour for them, I attribute it to the defeat of GEJ. There are more blessings yet to be revealed as the days wear on.

SS/SE Must Unite

Following the Nigeria Civil war, our parents told us a whole lot of lies about the Igbos. As I grow up and read, I have debunked and cast aside all these lies about the Igbos. Every tribe has its own issues. The Ijaws have theirs; the Igbos also. So does every other tribe. Late Ojukwu is yet to be understood. My people never understood him; even majority of the Igbos are yet to fully grasp his vision and passion. Any other person can denigrate and insult him; not me. He remains a hero to me. The events he foresaw and fought against are still here with us.

For whatever reasons, the Igbos have come to show themselves as people to be trusted. Their alliance with us in the last elections proved that. The Ijaws have come to realize they didn't do well during the civil war. You wont blame them. Their suspicion and betrayal of the Igbos was borne out of misinformation and ignorance of the things Ojukwu saw. I was particularly happy when the IYC visited Ndigbo recently and made amends. That's the way to go.

Now, we have to unite. That unity should be about bringing good governance to our people. The last elections present a bleak future for us. Seriously, with the current political structure, we have NO faith in this nation. The unity isn't about secession( though that can be the case many years later); its about uniting to assessing the need for a change of the current system. The current system is best described as fraudulent, and internal colonization. I fully support the Lower Niger Congress. Lets see how it goes.

Every people preserves the inalienable right to self-determination. And where a people feel their yearnings and deep aspirations cannot be achieved in the prevailing system, its behoves on them to chart another. I encourage all SS/SE people to identify with the Lower Niger Congress. It might eventually come down to a referendum.

If we continue to play the ostrich on a matter as vital as this, it will only get worse for our future generations as we would have brought them into a system in which they have NO hope and sense of belonging.

You forget the famous quotes of Sir Akintola and Ahmadu Bello about Igbos too. All their predictions are all happening one after the other today; I am surprised and shocked.

4 Likes

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by blaqoracle: 9:39am On May 13, 2015
[quote author=dearpreye post=33687430]Its being my lifelong habit to always look for some consoling success in every defeat, and some subtle or obvious gains from every loss. And this habit has indeed helped me so far in my life's journey. Of course, its being said over and over again that EVERY DISAPPOINTMENT IS A BLESSING. Every negative situation carries some kind of latent/hidden positives in it; its our duty to find out the positives. And that will go a long way in our ability to manage the negative situation.

Where's The Blessing?

SS/SE Must Unite

[/quotwrong ever lump the Southsouth with the Southeast. They are separate entities. You read both books of protagonist of the war: "why we struck" and "there was a country" by ademoyega and Chinua Achebe, individuals represented the military and biafran media propaganda machine; yet you did not seen necessary to read " sunset in biafran" by elechi amadi. I know that you are not ijaw,because all ijaws have already overcome the inevitable defeat of their son, whom himself has already accepted defeat. It is funny to iMagine the children of biafall are crying more than the bereaved.

5 Likes

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by agurza(f): 9:39am On May 13, 2015
socialmediaman:
Good dreams. It's not out of place to ask for your own territory and control of your resources, but with what I see happening in the south east, everyone wants to be king, nobody wants to be ruled, how then will it work? Where is the leadership to be referenced? Ohaneze is factionalized, Rochas group, Peter Obi group etc, which one is the dominant?

Plus, where is the good governance? It's not about having your own resources when you'll only end up intimidating your own people with it, do you have grassroot support for this clamor or is it just a few self centered people calling for it for selfish interest?
from the write up I realized that the writer is a bad history student, the Igbos are and will always be with the central Government, just wait and see when Buhari takes over for proof, saying the the Igbos are trustworthy amount to self deceit. Just accept the fact that Jonathan messed the opportunity given to ss and was effectively booted out of A so rock. Deal with that.

5 Likes

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by socialmediaman: 9:44am On May 13, 2015
I don't give a f***k about Jonathan, I'm glad Buhari won. By the way every region aligns itself with the siting government even if they didn't vote for it at the state level, except when they feel shortchanged

agurza:
from the write up I realized that the writer is a bad history student, the Igbos are and will always be with the central Government, just wait and see when Buhari takes over for proof, saying the the Igbos are trustworthy amount to self deceit. Just accept the fact that Jonathan messed the opportunity given to ss and was effectively booted out of A so rock. Deal with that.

2 Likes

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by Jesusloveyou: 9:51am On May 13, 2015
barcanista:
What lies in store for the Niger Deltans/SS? Do we continue with the one Nigeria? Should we demand for independent Niger-Delta country or we consolidate on our love and unity with the Igbo nation for an independent and a united SS/SE country?

As an Ijaw, our father's resisted Biafran movement because of "trust" issues. I have searched to see the legitimacy of such fears even read from the memo of Chief Dappa Biriye and I have found no real base but the natural human fear of the unknown. Dappa Biriye, Isaac Boro and some others fought for united Nigeria even when they had nothing gaining from the country. Dappa Biriye was very close to Yakubu Gowon, Muritala Muhammed and even Ahmadu Bello. He always preached "resource control" and good environment, yet we never achieved it. In fact, he formed the Niger Delta Council, a political party for the ethnic Eastern Minorities, through which Melford Okilo won a seat to the House of Representative. He had alliance with Northern People Congress that formed the government, yet we achieved nothing but a common parliamentary secretary. Despite our loyalty to the Nigerian state, the status quo of marginalisation and outright rejection of our demands still stares our faces.

Of a truth, the Niger Delta is filled with different ethnic group and it has never been an organised entity. An independent Niger Delta will only created a confused society. The more organised entity is the eastern region/SS/SE that has been even before independence. The Igbos have shown real brotherhood and have been consistent. I TRUST them.

If Nigeria is to remain United, there must be structural change. Resource Control and True Federalism should not only be accepted, but implemented and encouraged for socio-economic and political progress. A continuous rejection of this demand should make way for a referendum for the people of the ss/se to determine their future in accordance with the UN Principle of Self Determination. Should that be the case, I shall support a United Country with the Igbo nation and the SS irrespesctive of the nomenclature.

However, the new country will have to adopt autonomy of the different nations that makes up the country.

God Bless Us All
this long essay miss one point, did u think igboman wil support u without achieving anything?itheir second name is 'Agip', they support obj against ekweme and ojukwu, they know how to betray their brother's for 'money', they should first unite themselves.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by Rose2014: 9:57am On May 13, 2015
See the way Yorubas are all over this thread.

Once they hear anything SS/SE uniting, their bp goes up cheesy

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by Rose2014: 10:01am On May 13, 2015
[/quote][b]Don't ever lump the Southsouth with the Southeast. They are separate entitie[/b]s. You read both books of protagonist of the war: "why we struck" and "there was a country" by ademoyega and Chinua Achebe, individuals represented the military and biafran media propaganda machine; yet you did not seen necessary to read " sunset in biafran" by elechi amadi. I know that you are not ijaw,because all ijaws have already overcome the inevitable defeat of their son, whom himself has already accepted defeat. It is funny to iMagine the children of biafall are crying more than the bereaved[quote]

Yet we're all lumped together in one Nigeria and Hausas are milking the nation dry. So who is deceiving who now?
Don't u marvel at your own level of hypocrisy?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by abagoro(m): 10:09am On May 13, 2015
Rose2014:
[b]Don't ever lump the Southsouth with the Southeast. They are separate entitie[/b]s. You read both books of protagonist of the war: "why we struck" and "there was a country" by ademoyega and Chinua Achebe, individuals represented the military and biafran media propaganda machine; yet you did not seen necessary to read " sunset in biafran" by elechi amadi. I know that you are not ijaw,because all ijaws have already overcome the inevitable defeat of their son, whom himself has already accepted defeat. It is funny to iMagine the children of biafall are crying more than the bereaved

Yet we're all lumped together in one Nigeria and Hausas are milking the nation dry. So who is deceiving who now?
Don't u marvel at your own level of hypocrisy?

I am yet to understand how Jonathans loss has anything to do with SS/SE. The truth is that we all needed Jonathan out. I wonder how a man who wasted years of high oil income could even be talked about in Nigerian history.Ethnicity is not our problem.

8 Likes

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by Rose2014: 10:10am On May 13, 2015
OkutaNla:

Coming from the same guy who has been calling Igbos 'Jonathan's slaves'
And u forgot that Jonathan is a southerner. Isn't it better to be a slave(since that's what u call it) to a fellow southerner than be a slave to a Fulani cattle rearer?

So u're even scared of the two regions unity? Lmao

When I say Yorubas don't know what they want, it'll be like I'm insulting them cheesy

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by Masterclass32: 10:10am On May 13, 2015
May the Lord Almighty continue to bless the Igbos and their South-south cousins.

We getting there.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by Clerverly: 10:12am On May 13, 2015
All these yeye threats would end in 2019, when APC must have been controlling 9 of the 11 states in SS/SE! It may not even get to 2019!

Yeye people! Just because your useless jonathan was voted out, you suddenly remembered Resource control! Lazy idiotus!!

9 Likes

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by Rose2014: 10:13am On May 13, 2015
abagoro:

I am yet to understand how Jonathans loss has anything to do with SS/SE. The truth is that we all needed Jonathan out. I wonder how a man who wasted years of high oil income could even be talked about in Nigerian history.Ethnicity is not our problem.

And your past leaders preserved the high oil income right.
Please spare me that crap. That's what u guys have bn selling to Nigerians since. Una no de tire?

@d bolded speak for yourself. Thanks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate To Probe MTN's Transfer Of $13.9Billion / Who Named These Streets In Lagos? / All Eyes On The Judiciary Slogan Not Offensive – Atedo Peterside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.