Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda (12748 Views)

Undergraduates Raped, Robbed Job Seeker And Took Her Unclad Photos / 17 GTB Staff With Fake NYSC Exemption Certificates Arrested / Olamide Robbed At Gunpoint (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by godfadda6(m): 2:11pm On Sep 14, 2012
@honerico01,

sometimes you would get into the E-branch and it is deserted, or you are the only one or two people, when things happen and you complain is when investigation would go on, does GT security anywhere check the CCTV to know what happens daily? is it not when you complain that they go back and check, and how many nigerians go back to complain? we just thank God for life and move on.

1 Like

Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by Kx: 2:19pm On Sep 14, 2012
The poster is not asking for tips to investigate the incident neither is he asking for possible causes of the incident yet some of us are busy suspecting the wife and saying it openly;some are even saying the place is too open and tech wired for such a thing to happen there.

They say stubborn fly follow dead body go down.

We should be thankful that the guy could openly share this despite his loss.
Wise men learn from peoples experience.
He who hath ear, let him hear.

2 Likes

Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by yinchar(m): 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2012
Let the Op reports to the police, all ATM machines have video recorder like webcam that capture every person in-front of the machine, if ONLY the police will do there job.
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2012
van bonattel: It is possible, but then again, do you totally trust your wife? Just asking.
haba!!! Mr man. That's too expensive
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by maasoap(m): 2:32pm On Sep 14, 2012
werepeLeri:

The dumbest post ever on NairaLand.
Actually, it is looking at the same issue from another angle. My brother gave 70,000naira to his wife to keep in her account and when he needed the money, he told her to go and withdraw the money from the bank. Only to come back and tell him that people on a bike snatched the bag from her, that was after 15,000 naira of her husband was stolen in the same manner. The family said that she should collect back statement to prove that she actually deposited and withdrew the money to begin with. And, there are no snatchers in Osogbo. We didn't see bank statement till today, we just buried the issue to save their marriage and everybody relationship with her. So, you see that the guy's submission is a possibility.
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by honeric01(m): 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2012
godfadda6: @honerico01,

sometimes you would get into the E-branch and it is deserted, or you are the only one or two people, when things happen and you complain is when investigation would go on, does GT security anywhere check the CCTV to know what happens daily? is it not when you complain that they go back and check, and how many nigerians go back to complain? we just thank God for life and move on.

What are you saying? you can go to the e-center to check yourself to see if it's possible for it to be isolated. where it's located, it's impossible to be isolated and the cctv is mounted by someone, there's always someone watching the cctv so what are you saying?
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by honeric01(m): 2:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
Kx: The poster is not asking for tips to investigate the incident neither is he asking for possible causes of the incident yet some of us are busy suspecting the wife and saying it openly;some are even saying the place is too open and tech wired for such a thing to happen there.

They say stubborn fly follow dead body go down.

We should be thankful that the guy could openly share this despite his loss.
Wise men learn from peoples experience.
He who hath ear, let him hear.

No one is saying he should suspect his wife but if someone tells you there's a power-line besides your house, are you going to swallow it because it's someone you should trust that said it?
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by bigass(f): 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
honeric01: i dont believe this, that e-center is always busy at evening hours and they close by latest 9pm. There's a queue anytime from 5pm downward and you are likely never alone. It's beside the busy road of Egbeda where passer-bys can even see whatever is going on there and there are cameras inside too.

You have a big problem. Did he say late night? He said early hours!

1 Like

Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by megxo(m): 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
Acidosis: #just wondering..

what do people see in "this GTB"?
hardly will one see a thread on nairaland about other banks.
or is it peculiar to Lagosians?
guy, d bank make brain
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by sashaa(f): 2:48pm On Sep 14, 2012
ferdiii:

I know that place. But is it just e-things that go on there?
yup. I know d place too
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 14, 2012
I have been accosted at ATM machines more than once, but i have never lost any money to the banditos,
Anyway, always watch your back and be careful when withdrawing money. . .
i know someone that was accosted by police before and had to withdraw money for the police-man (that is a story for another day)
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by ujukala: 3:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
Thank God they didn't hurt her. Advice noted.
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by honeric01(m): 3:23pm On Sep 14, 2012
bigass:

You have a big problem. Did he say late night? He said early hours!

My bad, I didn't take notice of the early hours thing, but even at that, according to what he said, there were other people at the outside using the machines too that the security man went to attend to, meaning it wasn't isolated. my case here is about those using the word "isolated".

lukaino:

It was a shocking incident which occured at d early hours of yesterday(thursday) at the GTB e- Banking centre at Egbeda.
My wife was accosted by two young men whom she met inside prentending to be having difficulty operating the
Machine. They watched as she withdrew her money before accosting her(when they noticed that the only security man on duty
had gone outside, apparently to attend to those using the machines outside the centre
. They simply showed her a gun and asked
that she surrender all the money. she co operated and was instructed not to come out untill they were gone.
Please lets all be vigilant. Avoid withdrawing at quiet or deserted places as boys are now more desperate.

That place is NEVER deserted or isolated. my point!
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 14, 2012
the withdrawal of Agberos will definitely lead to more desperados.

unfortunately, our police are ready to rent out their guns to these crooks
good they get killed in bulk, per patrol van

the many lives lost today to robbery can always be rooted to the Police
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by Okijajuju1(m): 3:41pm On Sep 14, 2012
How much wey dem collect from her sef wey you come waste my 3000 Naira bandwidth to read this gist.. angry
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by damoskiy(m): 4:37pm On Sep 14, 2012
visit the e-branch during the working hours and make a complain to who ever you meet there.they would investigate and would pay you back your money intact.someone's job would be on the line sha and salary. sorry for the loss
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by Okijajuju1(m): 4:39pm On Sep 14, 2012
damoskiy: visit the e-branch during the working hours and make a complain to who ever you meet there.they would investigate and would pay you back your money intact.someone's job would be on the line sha and salary. sorry for the loss

Im sure they have CCTV around the premises as well..
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by damoskiy(m): 4:43pm On Sep 14, 2012
Okija_juju:

Im sure they have CCTV around the premises as well..
sure they do.
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by ourhero(m): 4:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
texazzpete:

Im sure he was referring to an ATM machine...I don't know why he chose such an obscure term as 'e-banking centre' to refer to it sha.

because that's what's its called dude. Easy on the sarcasm - especially when you're uninformed grin
texazzpete:

Im sure he was referring to an ATM machine...I don't know why he chose such an obscure term as 'e-banking centre' to refer to it sha.

because that's what's its called dude. Other e-transactions are done there too. Easy on the sarcasm - especially when you're uninformed
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by texazzpete(m): 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2012
ourhero: because that's what's its called dude. Easy on the sarcasm - especially when you're uninformed grin because that's what's its called dude. Other e-transactions are done there too. Easy on the sarcasm - especially when you're uninformed

That wasn't sarcasm. That was what I thought it was. I don't use GTB...and I don't live in Lagos.

If that seemed like sarcasm to you, then you're a m0r0n.
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by Reference(m): 5:20pm On Sep 14, 2012
angry Do the slot machines in the day and stand the risk of episonage. Do it early or late and risk robbery. Just tired.

1 Like

Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by cbjonstage(m): 5:47pm On Sep 14, 2012
Okija_juju: How much wey dem collect from her sef wey you come waste my 3000 Naira bandwidth to read this gist.. angry

economist among us grin cheesy funny pple
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by ignis: 6:18pm On Sep 14, 2012
werepeLeri:

You are the dumbest person here now, the poster is advicing you using life experience and you consider it dumb...
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by ignis: 6:18pm On Sep 14, 2012
werepeLeri:

You are the dumbest person here now, the poster is advicing you using real life experience and you consider it dumb...
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by Mrchippychappy(m): 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2012
Its funny how this topic went from "My wife was robbed" to "do you really trust you wife" .
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by ibsureboy: 11:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
texazzpete:

that's GTBank refer to some of their branches o. E-banking but they have lots of ATM machines. We got one in KRD. So she on point. I sha op the kisi no two much. But help me check am o if she had shouted they could just have shot her there o
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by ibsureboy: 11:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
webdezzi: the withdrawal of Agberos will definitely lead to more desperados.

unfortunately, our police are ready to rent out their guns to these crooks
good they get killed in bulk, per patrol van

the many lives lost today to robbery can always be rooted to the Police
Calm down........though I share your sentiment,it is what it is Sentiment.what then is the fact? The fact is that they (police)are a product of the society. Don't hate the players,hate the game. What then is the game;corruption amongst our law makers and judges that have soiled their hands in partisan politics and not forgetting citizens that will easily bribe than toil the part of law. Check the living and service condition of some of these officers and u would feel pity for them. Anyway,I think its really unfair to them for u to say it serve them right they get killed in line of duty.
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by talk2xp: 12:07am On Sep 15, 2012
Why are sum pple on nairaland the most annoying peeps in the world? Some1 is sharing a story and some morons are trying to show off WHAT!A lot of morons are killing this forum and thats a fact. Am expecting your insults as this follows when the truth is been said. Fools will always remain fools and thats a fact. wink
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by osho3mtech(f): 12:20am On Sep 15, 2012
texazzpete:

e banking center?
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by stpat1(m): 1:03am On Sep 15, 2012
van bonattel: It is possible, but then again, do you totally trust your wife? Just asking.

I'm still wondering why you decided to ask such a dumb question. there are 2 reasons though
Its either you're actually a dunce or you're simply a retardeen.
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by immkels(m): 1:22am On Sep 15, 2012
u re A Big Fool.
Re: Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda by maryswags: 2:01am On Sep 15, 2012

U are a fool! What are u tryn 2 imply here? Dis is d dumbest post ever! D poster neva told u he gave his wife his atm card 2 use, it might b her own cash, so wots d issue of trust gotta do here? Mumudelic!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Kills 73-Year-Old Mother In Enugu / Ways To Reduce Crime In Nigeria / Gunmen Kidnap Justice Donatus Yantau, President Of Customary Court In Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.