Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

How Can I Start Blogging? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Start Blogging? (1041 Views)

Why You Need To Start Blogging As A Nigerian In 2014 / Which Business Can I Start As A Chemistry Graduate ? / 9 Important Things You Should Know Before You Start Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Start Blogging? by coolgeorge: 11:57am On Sep 14, 2012
House, I'll appreciate a thorough briefing on how I can become a blogger. Hence, all the requirements and profitability. Thanks!
Re: How Can I Start Blogging? by KingsleyOGBITI(m): 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2012
First and foremost you need to focus on niche that is what do you want to blog about are you blogging about Nigeria,Celebrities,Students,Food e.t.c
You need a domain name and a host platform.
You need guidance on how to monitise i hope this helps.
Posted By Kingsley Kalu OGBITI
Re: How Can I Start Blogging? by legalwealth(m): 7:20pm On Sep 14, 2012
No much talk.
Just check my signature to subscribe to my FREE EBOOKS & REPORTS as they are part of the infos I've been giving and infact,given the priority.

Goodluck...
Re: How Can I Start Blogging? by legalwealth(m): 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2012
Thanks as you just summarised it with authencity.

Kingsley OGBITI: First and foremost you need to focus on niche that is what do you want to blog about are you blogging about Nigeria,Celebrities,Students,Food e.t.c
You need a domain name and a host platform.
You need guidance on how to monitise i hope this helps.
Posted By Kingsley Kalu OGBITI
Re: How Can I Start Blogging? by coolgeorge: 6:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
Thanks, I appreciate the contributions, so what website should I start blogging with for a start?
Re: How Can I Start Blogging? by legalwealth(m): 9:54pm On Sep 16, 2012
Cant understand you.
Do you mean type of site to start with or Niche to go into oe what to be blogging about?

coolgeorge: Thanks, I appreciate the contributions, so what website should I start blogging with for a start?
Re: How Can I Start Blogging? by mkakan(m): 1:49am On Sep 18, 2012
well, blogging is generally defined as publishing information online using a blogging platform.
there are many you can start with but the popular FREE ones are :

1. www.blogger.com
2.www.
3.www.tumblr.com

blogging with free blogging platforms comes with problems

[url]http://nairacow.com/make-money-online-from-nigeria/4-problems-blogging-making-money-free-blogs-blogger-nigeria/
[/url]
The non free one,involving getting a domain name and hosting ,is done with the open source wordpress software.It is SUPER easy to use.

Making money with blogging

You need to understand that blogging does not make money ,what makes money is what you do with the blog.

A blog is like any other kind of inline asset.
To make money with an asset ,you either.

1. rent it or part of it
2.Sell it
3. sell part of it

same thing with blogs.There are man online business models that can work with blogs.
1. advertisement (Google adsense and stuff)this is like renting on the space on your blog
2.sell stuff (information products)

learn more blog money making strategies here
[url]http://www.blogmarketingacademy.com/blog-monetization/
[/url]

Things to do before taking up blogging.

1. pick a target set of people who will find your blog useful
2. write about what people love to read
3. solves problems or provide solutions

hope this helps
Re: How Can I Start Blogging? by coolgeorge: 7:43pm On Oct 10, 2012
Thanks all, I do appreciate the contributions so far.
Re: How Can I Start Blogging? by vokah0907: 8:27am On Oct 11, 2012
Do you mean type of site to start with or Niche to go into oe what to be blogging about?[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/pc.gif[/img]
Re: How Can I Start Blogging? by tonym1(m): 12:37pm On Oct 17, 2012
Its easy, there is no point buying or subscribing to any web site.

Know what topic or interest you will like to blog and register free of charge on www.blogger.com

And if you need help, go to youtube and type learn about blogs. There are loads of videos to watch on it.

Good luck
Re: How Can I Start Blogging? by ogedanny: 1:14pm On Oct 17, 2012
you should define your niche: See how I built my passion to business online: check my blog below

(1) (Reply)

Starting Haulage Business In Nigeria. / Urgent Need Of Palm Kernel Shell ..... / Join Me In Making Money Online.this Is Not A Scam, It Is Real And Confirmed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.