Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? (110525 Views)

SEE The Nigerian Naira's Exchange Rate To The Dollar As At Today / Brief History Of The Fall Of The Nigerian Naira / Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? by Mustay(m): 3:13pm On May 31, 2013
TRUE. Some guys already did the analysis - exchange rate ain't a TRUE reflection, real rate does it.

Today, 100 cedis = 1,000,000 pre-redenomination cedis which is roughly NGN8,000. If you're not careful, Ghanaians will call 1 million to you and you won't know you ought to divide by a thousand.

Some things are on the high side there compared to Nigeria, that's when the value of money comes into play.
Re: Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? by K4: 9:37pm On Jun 01, 2013
hahahaha fuelish,meaningless crap! op, the cedis is the weakest currency in the world and the naira is the strongest! hope that makes you happy,huh? clueless,mindless azzholes! choi! hahaha wetin concern naija man sef with d value of d cedi? rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? by Adamskuty(m): 10:01am On Oct 29, 2013
What a dead country,so 1 ghana cedis = to 10,000 old ghana cedis grin grin

100 ghana cedis =100,000 old ghana ceids grin interesting,which in turns = to 8,000 naira grin

chaaai! If i go to ghana with 8,000 naira i'm a rich man already grin
Re: Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? by jimcomb(m): 1:58pm On Oct 06, 2014
www.yapinitiative.org is the answer to poverty and unemployment in our society today....LOANS, SCHOLARSHIPS, POST GRADUATE STUDIES ABROAD,SKILL ACQUISITION, BUSINESS FUNDING, EMPLOYMENT, AND LOTS MORE. JOIN US NOW!
Since 1960 our youth have been suffering from one common problem which is unemployment. yet we spend money on transport fairs for Interviews,buy recruitment forms every now and then,subscribe for job sms alerts,buy data to browse the internet for jobs and lots more.
forgetting that we can build up an empire of wealth for ourselves with the money we spend on those items as stated..
its time for us to unite and fight poverty collectively. wait, Have you ever considered that if the Nigerian Army sells their recruitment form for 1k and 1million Nigerians buys it, How much is that?.....1k multiply by 1mill is 1 billion naira. see what our govt generates from us. visit www.yapinitiative.org now to join the 1milion Nigerians that would build-up wealth themselves.
Re: Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? by lahit14(m): 3:08pm On Oct 06, 2014
tnx guies for explainin it better especially hearing it frm different peopl, I was of same oponion wit the poster until my sister living in ghana explaind this to me. wantd desperatly to relocate to ghana, tot it was the closest heaven den realized nigeria was the better hell.
Re: Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? by GHKWAME1: 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
lahit14:
tnx guies for explainin it better especially hearing it frm different peopl, I was of same oponion wit the poster until my sister living in ghana explaind this to me. wantd desperatly to relocate to ghana, tot it was the closest heaven den realized nigeria was the better hell.
Good, we don't need more of you u guys here anyways, you are guys are puting pressure on our social amenities.

Re: Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? by udemzyudex(m): 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2014
GHKWAME1:
Good, we don't need more of you u guys here anyways, you are guys are puting pressure on our social amenities.

grin it hasn't gotten to that naa..

Remember you have brothers who are also doing thesame here .
Re: Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? by GHKWAME1: 7:45pm On Oct 06, 2014
udemzyudex:

grin it hasn't gotten to that naa..

Remember you have brothers who are also doing thesame here .
Lol! it has not gotten to what? you just described my country as a hell hole in the post I quoted earlier, what is wrong in giving a favourable reply? ermmm! which social amenities are Ghanains Puting pressure on in Nigeria? electricity or what? grin
Re: Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? by udemzyudex(m): 7:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
GHKWAME1:
Lol! it has not gotten to what? you just described my country as a hell hole in the post I quoted earlier, what is wrong in giving a favourable reply? ermmm! which social amenities are Ghanains Puting pressure on in Nigeria? electricity or what? grin

grin don't start what u can't finish bro..

You can't compare a population of 25million to more than 170million.

talking about giving Nigeria light,i still wonder how they are going to make it happen.
Re: Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? by GHKWAME1: 8:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
udemzyudex:

grin don't start what u can't finish bro..

You can't compare a population of 25million to more than 170million.

talking about giving Nigeria light,i still wonder how they are going to make it happen.
person! Delusional liar, you hit first and I slapped back!
Always using population and motto to fvck around, in Ghana y'all are walking insults person! Go through my posts, I fvck fucktards like you for fun, so bring in on.
Ghana is not recognised in Africa for the
following, CONSTANT BLACKOUT, CORRUPTION
IN THE HIGHEST ORDER, MASS POVERTY,
KIDNAPPINGS, ARMED ROBBERY,
CONTRACT KILLINGS OMBATSE CULTS etc,
CLUELESS PIGS VOTED INTO POWER 1 MAN
WHO CHOPS ALL THE MONEY. MONKEYS,
STINKY PEOPLE, GENERATOR FUMES INHALING
PIGS PIT LATRINE DRINKING TAP WATER
HAVING DOGS
PISS POOR HYGENE PIGS ELECTED JOKER AS
PRESIDENT,
1 PARTY STATE MURTHAFURKING
COUNTRY TRIBALISTIC PRICKS HATE FILLED ANIMALS.
Re: Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? by udemzyudex(m): 8:25pm On Oct 06, 2014
GHKWAME1:
person! Delusional liar, you hit first and I slapped back!
Always using population and motto to fvck around, in Ghana y'all are walking insults person! Go through my posts, I fvck fucktards like you for fun, so bring in on.
Ghana is not recognised in Africa for the
following, CONSTANT BLACKOUT, CORRUPTION
IN THE HIGHEST ORDER, MASS POVERTY,
KIDNAPPINGS, ARMED ROBBERY,
CONTRACT KILLINGS OMBATSE CULTS etc,
CLUELESS PIGS VOTED INTO POWER 1 MAN
WHO CHOPS ALL THE MONEY. MONKEYS,
STINKY PEOPLE, GENERATOR FUMES INHALING
PIGS PIT LATRINE DRINKING TAP WATER
HAVING DOGS
PISS POOR HYGENE PIGS ELECTED JOKER AS
PRESIDENT,
1 PARTY STATE MURTHAFURKING
COUNTRY TRIBALISTIC PRICKS HATE FILLED ANIMALS.

Are you through? u sound like someone who is hungry i mean very hungry bro.

Take it easy bro..

I didn't insult ur country bro so take it easy,i know u love ur country so much.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? by dolarland(m): 10:38pm On Oct 06, 2014
You guys woke up this thread to start a fight undecided
Re: Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 07, 2014
Re: Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? by lahit14(m): 11:15am On Oct 07, 2014
GHKWAME1:

Dats a highly prejudical statement dude, no offence man i just said my piece witout any vile intent toward the good country of ghana. If anytin I love ur women, dark hot ashanti's. African women, our sisters. invite me over see if I won't come. Stop beefn the giant it might stunt ur growth.
Re: Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? by dmexy33: 5:44pm On Mar 06, 2016
faithin9ja:

So the Ghanaian economy is better or stronger than Japanese economy because it's 70 Yen to the Dollar and 2 Cedi to the dollar.

Didn't the Ghanaian government just remove 'zeroes' from the old Cedi which was something like 10,000 cedi to one dollar and create the new Cedi, why doesn't our CBN just remove the 'zero' from the N160 to $1 and declare a New Naira at N1.6 to one dollar?

Is it that easy?

see i schooled in GH... AND PREVIOUSLY BEFORE THEY REMOVED ZEROS, 10,000 NAIRA=1,000,000GHC
LOL...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? by urahara(m): 6:28pm On Oct 07, 2019
faithin9ja:

So the Ghanaian economy is better or stronger than Japanese economy because it's 70 Yen to the Dollar and 2 Cedi to the dollar.

Didn't the Ghanaian government just remove 'zeroes' from the old Cedi which was something like 10,000 cedi to one dollar and create the new Cedi, why doesn't our CBN just remove the 'zero' from the N160 to $1 and declare a New Naira at N1.6 to one dollar?

Is it that easy?

Brilliant.

Exactly what grandstar said ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Nairabet Customers And Agents: Free Bets, Bonuses, Questions Etc / A Profitable Business You Can Start With 15,000 Naira / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.