Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,452 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Strange Behaviour - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Strange Behaviour (1065 Views)

Strange Download Speed On MTN Network / My Laptop Makes A Strange Beeping Sound When I Turn It On, What Could Be Wrong / Abnormal System Behaviour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strange Behaviour by Andycool: 2:08pm On Jan 10, 2008
My system Started behaving strange two days ago. It's always slow when performing operations and hangs at-times showing not responding. Even when I want to shut down with no program running it still tells me "Not Responding" until I have to click on "end now". I use Win XP Pro with fir-wall on for most applications. I also have a running Avast home edition Antivirus. I am suspecting this could be a virus. What should I Do?
Re: Strange Behaviour by uspry1(f): 8:08pm On Jan 10, 2008
Shutdown problems in Windows XP can be caused by many factors, just like earlier versions of Windows. These included: a damaged exit sound file; incorrectly configured, damaged, or incompatible hardware; conflicting programs, or an incompatible, damaged, or conflicting device driver.

Therefore, I need to know what application that caused a strange behavior on your PC/laptop. Be specific malware virus attack on which application.

Simple, write down on the piece of paper telling me: what was the error warning dialog prompted asking you to "End Now"?.
Re: Strange Behaviour by Andycool: 2:23pm On Jan 11, 2008
Thanks uspry1 . It displays not responding with the error warning "LSASS.EXE".
I first notice the problem when trying to copy an audio cd to windows media library.
Re: Strange Behaviour by uspry1(f): 11:25pm On Jan 11, 2008
I suspected that you did not scan anti-virus on your audio CD before download to your Windows media library folder. It helps to detect any virus attack to delete before proceeding download audio file to your Windows media library. Most people not doing scanning any external files such as downloaded files or CD FIRST before transmitting to your hard disk drive or folder.

You got fake "LSASSE.EXE", a virus, spyware, trojan or worm creating fake folder automatically without your knowledge and is the same Virus with same name below:
W32.Nimos.Worm - Symantec Corporation
W32.Sasser.E.Worm (Lsasss.exe) - McAfee
W32.HLLW.Lovgate.C@mm - Symantec Corporation

I recommend you taking your laptop or PC to the computer technician taking care of virus removal of "LSASSE.EXE" for you.

Otherwise, do run full system antispy and antivirus scanning, including free Spybot and/or Ad-aware to remove it. If the problem continues, there are a number of additional and more time-intensive fixes, many requiring the presence of your operating system’s installaton disc. Seek computer technician to help you.
Re: Strange Behaviour by darmys(f): 12:41pm On Jan 12, 2008
when i saw strange behaviour i was expecting something related human behaviour , lol '
not your computer
Re: Strange Behaviour by Maleeq(m): 1:19pm On Jan 14, 2008
darmy$:

when i saw strange behaviour i was expecting something related human behaviour , lol '
not your computer
LOL! You are in the computer section of the forum! What would you expect?
Re: Strange Behaviour by question(m): 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2008
Garbage in / Garbage out
Re: Strange Behaviour by darmys(f): 1:39pm On Jan 14, 2008
Maleeq:

LOL! You are in the computer section of the forum! What would you expect?

my bad, sorry undecided

(1) (Reply)

Closed Closed / How To Extend Your Laptop Battery / How Do I Solve This Yahoomail Problem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.