Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? (1916 Views)

Angry In The Election / Why Is Everybody Blaming Jonathan, Is Jonathan The Worst? / Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:36pm On Sep 14, 2012
The Police men are always angry.

The civilians are always angry.

The commercial drivers doesn't smile.

University Lecturers don't smile at all.

Proffessors always put on dangerous look.

If you go to market both sellers and buyers are angry with eachother.

The Pastors are too desperate to smile unless when they realize big donations.

The bankers only smile at the hearing of millions.

If you look at doctors,sometimes you will think they want to inject to kill coz they look scary.

Students are always ready for riot coz they are angry.

Inside church self no dey eazy at all,everybody face their bible as if they are fighting Jesus with stern looking.

If you go to club or pub the ladies will never smile unless when they see mugu.

When driving you see other drivers looking like assassins.

On nairaland self people are always set to fire shot at eachother.

I just wonder why Nigerians are always angry.

Is smiles not part of service we render in Nigeria?

Feel free to add yours.
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by k2039: 5:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
I am not angry,an exception
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by Acidosis(m): 5:58pm On Sep 14, 2012
Lmao.
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
k2039: I am not angry,an exception

Indeed

Do you want me to go through your post?
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by k2039: 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

Indeed

Do you want me to go through your post?

YES
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by jidestar: 7:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
Why we no go angry? undecidedembarassed tongue angry sadcry lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by Callotti: 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
Because a hungry man in an h-angry man!
Where there is ABJECT poverty, there is BI-POLAR PSYCHOSES!!! cheesy
Thain my Agnostic Gaaaaaawd, I escaped to the most beautiful, prosperous country in the world! cool

AMERICA THE BEAUTIFOOOOOOO!!!!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
Heheh

Few replies has got me cracking.....9ja
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:54pm On Sep 14, 2012
k2039:

YES

I will....I'm sure u don show your red eye here.
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:31am On Sep 15, 2012
Callotti: Because a hungry man in an h-angry man!
Where there is AJECT poverty, there is BI-POLAR PSYCHOSES!!! cheesy
Thain my Agnostic Gaaaaaawd, I escaped to the most beautiful, prosperous country in the world! cool

AMERICA THE BEAUTIFOOOOOOO!!!!! cheesy

Hungry Man you said.........
Come to think of it even our legislators and government office holders are not smiling.

Infact all political office holders get strong/angry face pass ordinary citizen
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:56am On Sep 15, 2012
Just as children are a reflection of their parents, a lot of people are reflections of their government.
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:06am On Sep 15, 2012
ogugua88: Just as children are a reflection of their parents, a lot of people are reflections of their government.

You just make me laugh again

Which main government be this self?

You could be right then she

But don't you think its as a result of our own making?
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:10am On Sep 15, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: You just make me laugh again

Which main government be this self?

That's what it's called technically. It can be preceded by adjectives of your choice, however. Lousy, ineffective, and corrupt/rogue are some examples smiley
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:11am On Sep 15, 2012
ogugua88:

That's what it's called technically. It can be preceded by adjectives of your choice, however. Lousy, ineffective, and corrupt/rogue are some examples smiley

Ogugua is not happy with this government

How often do you smile then?
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:20am On Sep 15, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Ogugua is not happy with this government

How often do you smile then?

I'm always smiling. Smiles are contagious and I want people to be happy, so I smile grin

No, I'm not happy with the government, but I won't frown and give myself early wrinkles on their behalf.
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:26am On Sep 15, 2012
ogugua88:

I'm always smiling. Smiles are contagious and I want people to be happy, so I smile grin

No, I'm not happy with the government, but I won't frown and give myself early wrinkles on their behalf.

you have got the secret but tell me sometimes when you look at people from the corner of you car you get scared

right?

Okada riders, danfo driver,the pedestrians by the road side,people selling stuff...... even when big company staff bus pass your side and you look at people inside they all look so sad.

its a syndrome that cover all areas of life in Nigeria.
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:29am On Sep 15, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: you have got the secret but tell me sometimes when you look at people from the corner of you car you get scared

right?

Okada riders, danfo driver,the pedestrians by the road side,people selling stuff...... even when big company staff bus pass your side and you look at people inside they all look so sad.

its a syndrome that cover all areas of life in Nigeria.

I don't live in Nigeria, but when I was there, they all looked angry and had bad attitudes. Everyone's trying to survive, that's all. I only remember one woman smiling and wishing me a good morning, and that was in Neni, Anambra.

Change starts with you. Smile and someone else will smile. [s]Hopefully sha. I know our people stubborn[/s]
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:34am On Sep 15, 2012
ogugua88:

I don't live in Nigeria, but when I was there, they all looked angry and had bad attitudes. Everyone's trying to survive, that's all. I only remember one woman smiling and wishing me a good morning, and that was in Neni, Anambra.

Change starts with you. Smile and someone else will smile. [s]Hopefully sha. I know our people stubborn[/s]

Onlookers will think you are getting brain touch by smiling alone .....at yourself.

I think its order of the day to get stern looking face,that shows more seriousness
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:43am On Sep 15, 2012
No, smiles are needed. Even with a crappy government, happy, altruistic citizens can make the nation go far.
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by dasparrow: 4:22am On Sep 15, 2012
@Post

Why won't Nigerians in Nigeria be angry? Most know that the future looks dim if we don't start electing competent leaders into office. There is a large percentage of Nigerian unemployed youths who have graduated university yet have no job to keep them busy and earn them an income. Food prices in Nigeria continue to climb astronomically which means more Nigerians are going to bed hungry. Many Nigerians continue to birth babies like rabbits yet don't have the finances to take care of said children thereby plunging themselves and their children into deeper poverty.

Others are sick and don't have the money to receive adequate treatment to get them well again. Many Nigerians are stuck in miserable abusive marital and non marital relationships whereby there is no peace in the home or between the parties concerned. Other Nigerians are miserable because of high rates of poverty and insecurity in the country. Others are miserable because they have not attained personal and societal expectations/goals such as graduate university, get a good paying job, get married, birth sons (and maybe a daughter), drive a posh SUV, build a 5 bedroom duplex etc.

Those Nigerians who are rich and yet miserable know that they and their family members could become victims of kidnappers, armed robbers, even ritualists at anytime because the gap between the rich and the power is too wide and the poor are turning to crime and are beginning to take out their frustrations on the rich. This in turn means the rich have no peace of mind because they are hated upon by the majority of the population who are just struggling to keep body and soul together. There are also Nigerians who are fed up with lack of infrastructure, lack of a good healthcare system, lack of good schools especially universities that are free from cultism, lack of stable power/electricity supply, lack of competent leaders who care for the citizens.

Then we have the incessant tribalism that just never ends and inferiority complex stricken Nigerians that play favoritism to foreigners from the Arab, Asian and western world living in Nigeria to the detriment of their fellow Nigerians especially as it concerns employment. Why should Nigerians be treated like second class citizens in their own country by foreigners and inferiority complex stricken Nigerians alike? Lastly, those in power oppress the poor and the Nigerian police and soldiers go about physically abusing members of the public for every stupid little thing. It is only in Nigeria an army or police officer will beat up a man or woman all because their car is in the way of a politician's convoy. So based on these factors I have listed, are you still wondering why Nigerians in Nigeria are angry?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by Jakumo(m): 5:52am On Sep 15, 2012
All the muslims, hate the christians
And the christians, hate the animists

And all the rich folks, hate the beggars
And everybody hates to lose

But now its, National Brotherhood Week
National Brotherhood Week
So get up and shake the hand
Of someone you just can't stand.

All the bandits, hate the police
And the police, hate the tightwads
All the looters, hate the news-hounds
And everybody loves to booze

Because its, National Brotherhood Week
National Brotherhood Week
See Boko Harm-am and Pastor Do-Right
Up there dancing cheek to cheek

1 Like

Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 15, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

Why won't Nigerians in Nigeria be angry? Most know that the future looks dim if we don't start electing competent leaders into office. There is a large percentage of Nigerian unemployed youths who have graduated university yet have no job to keep them busy and earn them an income. Food prices in Nigeria continue to climb astronomically which means more Nigerians are going to bed hungry. Many Nigerians continue to birth babies like rabbits yet don't have the finances to take care of said children thereby plunging themselves and their children into deeper poverty.

Others are sick and don't have the money to receive adequate treatment to get them well again. Many Nigerians are stuck in miserable abusive marital and non marital relationships whereby there is no peace in the home or between the parties concerned. Other Nigerians are miserable because of high rates of poverty and insecurity in the country. Others are miserable because they have not attained personal and societal expectations/goals such as graduate university, get a good paying job, get married, birth sons (and maybe a daughter), drive a posh SUV, build a 5 bedroom duplex etc.

Those Nigerians who are rich and yet miserable know that they and their family members could become victims of kidnappers, armed robbers, even ritualists at anytime because the gap between the rich and the power is too wide and the poor are turning to crime and are beginning to take out their frustrations on the rich. This in turn means the rich have no peace of mind because they are hated upon by the majority of the population who are just struggling to keep body and soul together. There are also Nigerians who are fed up with lack of infrastructure, lack of a good healthcare system, lack of good schools especially universities that are free from cultism, lack of stable power/electricity supply, lack of competent leaders who care for the citizens.

Then we have the incessant tribalism that just never ends and inferiority complex stricken Nigerians that play favoritism to foreigners from the Arab, Asian and western world living in Nigeria to the detriment of their fellow Nigerians especially as it concerns employment. Why should Nigerians be treated like second class citizens in their own country by foreigners and inferiority complex stricken Nigerians alike? Lastly, those in power oppress the poor and the Nigerian police and soldiers go about physically abusing members of the public for every stupid little thing. It is only in Nigeria an army or police officer will beat up a man or woman all because their car is in the way of a politician's convoy. So based on these factors I have listed, are you still wondering why Nigerians in Nigeria are angry?

GBAM GBAM GBOSA!

@OP, that's your answer right there. In summary, the future really looks bleak in naija.
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by nifemi01(m): 8:10am On Sep 15, 2012
@op, u sure u are not d one carrying a stern looking face about decieving urself it is everyone?
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:17am On Sep 15, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

thanks for hitting the nail on the head....... Tha fact is that i am not wrong in my assumption.

A lot must change,infact everything must change
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:18am On Sep 15, 2012
nifemi01: @op, u sure u are not d one carrying a stern looking face about decieving urself it is everyone?

For your info, i just won the smiling contest here in my domain not even in Nigeria.

I am only talking about Ladies and Gents in Nigeria coz i was scared to death when i visited.

Even though i be hustler but those faces i saw are full of blood.......

Red Blooded faces
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by Jakumo(m): 8:34am On Sep 15, 2012
Have no fear Young Grasshopper. Practice your Gong-Fu continuously, even when you are sleeping.
Sharpen your awareness until you can hear the sound of grass growing.
Develop your balance until you can walk on the web of a spider without tearing a strand.
And, above all, pack a gun.
A BIG gun that would make Clint Eastwood proud.

Only when you have fulfilled the above requirements are you ready, and indeed qualified, to visit Nigeria, with all the rights and privileges therein.
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:38am On Sep 15, 2012
Jakumo: Have no fear Young Grasshopper. Practice your Gong-Fu continuously, even when you are sleeping.
Sharpen your awareness until you can hear the sound of grass growing.
Develop your balance until you can walk on the web of a spider without tearing a strand.
And, above all, pack a gun.
A BIG gun that would make Clint Eastwood proud.

Only when you have fulfilled the above requirements are you ready, and indeed qualified, to visit Nigeria, with all the rights and privileges therein.

Someone must have scared you too bro.
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by Jakumo(m): 8:44am On Sep 15, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

Someone must have scared you too bro.

Ha ha ha.. As the old saying goes " God created men, but it took Captain Colt, inventor of the Colt.45, to make all men equal."

So long as you give thanks to the Father and Holy Spirit on every occasion that you are forced to acquaint someone with their ancestors, the Cosmic Equilibrium of the universe shall be preserved, thank you Lord.
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:55am On Sep 15, 2012
Jakumo:

Ha ha ha.. As the old saying goes " God created men, but it took Captain Colt, inventor of the Colt.45, to make all men equal."

So long as you give thanks to the Father and Holy Spirit on every occasion that you are forced to acquaint someone with their ancestors, the Cosmic Equilibrium of the universe shall be preserved, thank you Lord.

BRB i need to go on research
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by Mandelaguy(m): 8:55am On Sep 15, 2012
saxywale:

GBAM GBAM GBOSA!

@OP, that's your answer right there. In summary, the future really looks bleak in naija.
Pessimists like you are the ones making people not to smile. Nigerians are not as tight faced as you guys are portraying. It is on record that we ae the happiest people on planet earth. Doom prophets like you and your lots will not be smiling because all your projections and prophesies of doom are being quashed and make null and void. Get help!
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by CrazyMan(m): 8:59am On Sep 15, 2012
@Topic I'm also angry with you for starting this thread. grin angry
Re: Why Is Everybody Angry In Nigeria? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:18am On Sep 15, 2012
CrazyMan: @Topic I'm also angry with you for starting this thread. grin angry

Exactly what we are talking about Nigerians

Im not disappointed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rejoinder On Odia Ofeimun's Write-up. / Is Fashola The New "Retardeen"? / Breaking News!! Ebola Kills Nigerian Nurse who treated the liberian victim.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.