Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,428 members, 7,861,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:32 AM

North Should Not Contest Presidency Till 2019 - Northern Women - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Should Not Contest Presidency Till 2019 - Northern Women (749 Views)

I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan / I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) / I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Should Not Contest Presidency Till 2019 - Northern Women by PaulJohn1: 7:02pm On Sep 14, 2012

A women group in the North has told northerners eyeing the 2015 presidential election to wait till 2019.

The group, under the aegis of Northern Nigeria Women Peace Forum, also berated  former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Alhaji Ghali  Na’aba, who reportedly said Jonathan should not contest the 2015 presidential poll.

The Coordinator of NNWPF, Binta Kuraye, who spoke with reporters in Abuja on Thursday, said if Jonathan’s predecessors spent eight years in office, his case should not be different.

She said, “Northern leaders, who intend to run for the office of President in 2015 should wait and not overheat the polity because Jonathan is still interested in moving the country forward.

“There is a need to improve the power sector, create more jobs  for our teeming youths and develop the rail transport system which is the cheapest means of transport,  particularly in the North. Our leaders from the North should join hands with the Federal Government to solve the security problem in the North and other parts of Nigeria.

“Jonathan has not marginalised the North in any way. He has tried to carry the North along in every aspect and what we need to do is to encourage him and give peace a chance.”

According to her, women should forget about contesting the 2015 presidential   election because “it is not realisable”.

Kuraye said, “Female presidency is not realisable in 2015 because there is no vacancy. There will only be vacancy after Jonathan must has completed his next four-year tenure,  and that will be as from 2019.”

The   group accused Na’aba of discrediting  Jonathan, “despite all his achievements.”

Kuraye said, “It is important to inform Na’aba and his cohorts that power belongs to God and no man or woman has the power to determine who the power (Presidency) should belong to.

It is only God that knows who the cap fits. Desecration of the office of President shall not help anymore. It is better for Na’aba and the northern leaders to join hands with the President to provide dividends of democracy.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/north-should-not-contest-presidency-till-2019-women/
Re: North Should Not Contest Presidency Till 2019 - Northern Women by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 14, 2012
Sometimes, †ЂΞ truth is a bitter pill τ̅o swallow, but wen it all falls down, they will nt HªvΣ any choice. North shud rest till 2035.
Re: North Should Not Contest Presidency Till 2019 - Northern Women by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2012
Any Northerner who feels he's good enough should come out and declare. We'll vote for the most credible candidate.
Re: North Should Not Contest Presidency Till 2019 - Northern Women by Acidosis(m): 8:20pm On Sep 14, 2012
I dislike Journalism.

Hasty generalizations everywhere.. WTF is Northern Women ? ? ?

A statement made by a northern pervert or lovepeddler would be regarded by a cheap journalist as - "Northern women"
Re: North Should Not Contest Presidency Till 2019 - Northern Women by Yeske2(m): 9:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
Just wondering how much these women were paid.
Re: North Should Not Contest Presidency Till 2019 - Northern Women by Nobody: 2:07am On Sep 15, 2012
We have some of the silliest people on the face of this planet. Someone should educate me as I don't know. In which other country do regions take turns leading their nations? Whoever's best equipped for the job should run, regardless of who's turn it is. Our government needs more than a serious overhaul.
Re: North Should Not Contest Presidency Till 2019 - Northern Women by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:37am On Sep 15, 2012
ogugua88: We have some of the silliest people on the face of this planet. Someone should educate me as I don't know. In which other country do regions take turns leading their nations? Whoever's best equipped for the job should run, regardless of who's turn it is. Our government needs more than a serious overhaul.

Only in Nigeria

Insane People for Insane Goals are running our society

(1) (Reply)

"United States Closes Embassy In Nigeria"? / Gcon???mike Adenuga Should Be Given An Award For The Biggest Failure Of All Time / Ouk Youths...dr.orji Uzor Kalu And The Oni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.