Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan (38254 Views)

Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard / Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi / Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Omooba77: 1:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday said that he was quoted out of context in the statement he made on running only a single term.

The president said this when he had an interactive session with Islamic Clerics from South West region at the State House, Marina, Lagos.

“I need to clarifiy this otherwise I do not need to talk about it. This matter continues to come up.”

He said those who have been playing the tape where it was shown that he had pledged to run only a single term had not been sincere.

The President said that what happened was that late President Umaru Yar’Adua came out with political reforms when he, Jonathan was the Vice president.

Jonathan said that he was the chairman of the interparty group of the committee set up by late Yar’adua to agree on the president’s proposal for a single tenure.

He said the statement he made in Addis Ababa was within the context of the proposal.

“I made that statement in Addis Ababa, when I addressed Nigerians. I made that statement after I had won elections.”

He said that he told the audience in Addis that that recommendation would move the country forward.

“I was advising Nigerians in Addis Ababa and I made mention of this issue of seven years of single tenure as being the best for the country.”

“I now added that if Nigerians will agree to run a single tenure of seven years I will not contest. That was the statement I made.”

He said that he still believed in that recommendation in order to prevent the waste of resources during re-election bids of incumbents.

Jonathan said the section of the broadcast which featured former president Obasanjo took place in 2011 during the PDP presidential primary.

He said that he did not want to join issues with Obasanjo because the party members were there for primaries and “I just wanted to win my primaries”.

He reaffirmed his earlier stand that if Nigerians accept his proposal of a single term of seven years, he would not re-contest.

“Those who are advertising on television that I said I was not going to contest a second tenure should play the whole tape.”

Jonathan said people were diminishing the office of the president because of politics.

He further said that even with the past campaign for the 2015 polls almost concluded, if Nigerians would accept that single tenure of seven years, he would not bother to contest the election.

He thanked the clerics for giving him the opportunity to clarify the statement and urged them to continue to pray for the unity and prosperity of the country,

Earlier the Chief Imam of Oriwu Central Mosque, Ikorodu,Llagos, Sheikh Oshoala Ajagbemokeferi, had urged the president to carry every Nigerian along in his administration.

The Imam pledged support for the programmes of the administration and urged the government to conduct a free, fair election to win the favour of God.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/22/i-never-said-ill-not-contest-second-term-says-jonathan/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 22, 2015

Guys please watch and listen to this music by Ayo Jay (think about me).

This guy is Naija's latest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEdvv-YEpOA

i have no links with the guy though...but

I just love the song cos the words mean more than boy/girl love

When u think abt it

"If i no dey, would you think about me"

That is the thought in the minds of our soldiers battling boko haram..day n night..just so that we may sleep safe..

But when they die..would we even atleast think abt them?

20 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by SeverusSnape(m): 1:22pm On Feb 22, 2015
Even though you don't want to contest for second term, We the lovers of Nigeria want you to continue the transformation agenda. We prefer you to an illiterate Certificateless herder.

112 Likes 21 Shares

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 1:24pm On Feb 22, 2015
Mr. Liar!

How did we end up with this nincompoop? We must have offended the gods to get GEJ as a punishment for our offence.

342 Likes 34 Shares

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by kokoA(m): 1:24pm On Feb 22, 2015
This man can lie for Africa o shocked

263 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by tunex23: 1:25pm On Feb 22, 2015
PDP = People Decieving People

GEJ = Scammer

Buhari till GEJ repent of his Lies and deceit

264 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by tunex23: 1:27pm On Feb 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Even though you don't want to contest for second term, We the lovers of Nigeria want you to continue the transformation agenda. We prefer you to an illiterate Certificateless herder.
Yes! as long as stealing is not corruption, Bunch of fooools

276 Likes 20 Shares

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 1:27pm On Feb 22, 2015
Aliyu Banbagida still got d file u sign to convince the north in 2011...

122 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Kennywills7(m): 1:28pm On Feb 22, 2015
Gej till 2019 dats all i know

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by ishiamu(m): 1:28pm On Feb 22, 2015
We know you didn't don't border xplaining

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by DesChyko: 1:28pm On Feb 22, 2015
Hmmm..
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by shevon: 1:29pm On Feb 22, 2015
Ha! shocked
Oni iro aye ati orun ni ogbeni yi sha!
That was not it o, the guy is lying through his teeth.
It doesn't really matter to me who wins by the way, but I will not cease to say it when I hear a lie, even if it is the type Abraham told about his wife being his sister just to save his head.
He can (and will) contest from all indication, but saying he didn't say he will not stay beyond one tenure na lie! Haba!!!

Modified: This lie dey pain me. Where is Ayelala when you need it. angry

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:29pm On Feb 22, 2015
GEJ is a renowed Liar

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by alaoeri: 1:30pm On Feb 22, 2015
No hiding place for the clueless one because he's going back to Otuoke come May 29.

193 Likes 19 Shares

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by SeverusSnape(m): 1:30pm On Feb 22, 2015
tunex23:
Yes! as long as stealing is not corruption, Bunch of fooools
As long as Buhari can stabilize world oil price, bunch of illiterates.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by absoluteSuccess: 1:31pm On Feb 22, 2015
The elders would say 'two people can't be fooled by lie at the same time: If the man being lied to is unaware of the hoax, the liar is aware that he's lieing'. Late Pa Abraham Adesanya can tell you what it feels like to fall mugu for 'pre-second-term lies'. But In a nutshell, political truth is a lie. Jonah, I don hear you o, you are telling the truth politically: a payback time for 'father of lie'

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by DesChyko: 1:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
Lol.. The f0ols who have built their defence on this would be damned right unwilling to accept it.
But it doesn't matter. Like he said, someone should play the full tape.

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Wizdray: 1:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
Hmmmm

Brother stop that

Noooo, I hate lies

You actually said it

But anyway

Whether you said it or not

You gonna win this election

GEJ till 2019

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Josegun(m): 1:34pm On Feb 22, 2015
This man is a disappointment, I regretted why I voted for him. I heard him said it, and caused a lot of discussion in vehicle I board that faithful day. I was of the opinion then, that he wouldn't have said that. Can't mr President be sincere for ones.

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:38pm On Feb 22, 2015
Obasanjo called Jonathan a liar; he just confirmed it.

139 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Baawaa(m): 1:42pm On Feb 22, 2015
Jonathan is a bloody liar,but the Imam is wiser than him.The Imam said,"conduct free and fair elections.Shikenah!

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by deeabdul: 1:46pm On Feb 22, 2015
as usual.....always denying facts

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by tunex23: 1:49pm On Feb 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:

As long as Buhari can stabilize world oil price, bunch of illiterates.
yes he will do it....

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by omenka(m): 1:50pm On Feb 22, 2015
A president with no honour. This is disgusting.

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by doctokwus: 1:53pm On Feb 22, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Obasanjo called Jonathan a liar; he just confirmed it.
The man is manifestly evil.This same president in front of a watching worldwide television audience openly lied that he wasnt consulted by army chiefs b4 they sought for election postponement!So what is the bigdeal to him to also lie about what he said about 2nd term.
Besides,a man who can conveniently allow an insurgency by terrorists to persist and decimate lives of fellow citizens,only to order a full fledged onslaught due to impending defeat at the elections is evil personified!!

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 22, 2015
My Dear Friend! Have you
dreamt of owning a
company of your
own? Don’t you think the
Federal Government
‘YouWiN’ programme might be
an avenue for you
to
be a CEO? Why not grab this
opportunity as the application
last. informative Consulting is
here to
make you a
millionaire through this
programme having been
a
beneficiary of the programme.
We give you
detailed and technical answers
and what the investors
want
to here. Because if your
business plan can’t ring
bell
3seconds to attract an investor
forget it my good
friend. Don’t hesitate to call on
us today –08142194745 . We are
at your service 24/7. Best
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 22, 2015
This man must really have a low opinion of Nigerians for him to stand and lie to us like this!

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by doctokwus: 1:57pm On Feb 22, 2015
PassingShot:
Mr. Liar!

How did we end up with this nincompoop? We must have offended the gods to get GEJ as a punishment for our offence.

22 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by kman1090(m): 1:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
when ll this man stp lying like a kid?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by lacasa: 2:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
Liar!

God condemns all Liars.

As God has already Condemned your government

Buhari 2015 till Gej becomes sober

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by chelseabmw(m): 2:04pm On Feb 22, 2015
In as much as I support GEJ smiley

He is lying here lipsrsealed

Sir, there are times you shouldn't twist answers when you are asked a honest question.. >:

Anyway

GEJ till 2019

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by egift(m): 2:06pm On Feb 22, 2015
On Vanguard Website

54 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Did ‘International Community’ Threaten Supreme Court Justices On Imo? / Avengers Bomb NNPC And Chevron Pipelines / El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo