Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

“please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations (4660 Views)

President Shagari,please forgive us,......GEJ Is The Epitome Of Corruption. / El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics / Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

“please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by mamikky: 2:11pm On Sep 15, 2012
Even with tears over the killing of the U.S ambassador to Libya, Christopher Stevens and 3 others, the United States of America has apologized to the whole world, particularly to Countries ruled by Muslims over the anti-Islamic film released by an American video film, which assaulted Prophet Mohammed.

Already, the crisis has spread to Yemen and some few Muslim ruling nations, including Nigeria. Muslims in the City of Jos have been protesting over the anti-Islam film released online. They have embarked on burning American flags even as soldiers are working towards putting them off the streets.

Speaking through its Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, Obama had described the video as repulsive and disgraceful, adding that the purpose was to condemn religion and to provoke violence.

Clinton, who spoke while attending a meeting in Washington D.C. with Morocco’s Foreign Affairs Minister yesterday, pleaded with all Islamic nations to pardon the Americans for such blunder.

According to her “We are closely watching what is happening in Yemen and elsewhere, and we certainly hope and expect that there will be steps taken to avoid violence and prevent the escalation of protests into violence.

“I also want to take a moment to address the video circulating on the internet that has led to these protests in a number of countries.  Let me state very clearly – and I hope it is obvious – that the United States Government had absolutely nothing to do with this video.  We absolutely reject its content and message.  America’s commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation.  And as you know, we are home to people of all religions, many of whom came to this country seeking the right to exercise their own religion, including, of course, millions of Muslims.  And we have the greatest respect for people of faith.

“To us, to me personally, this video is disgusting and reprehensible.  It appears to have a deeply cynical purpose:  to denigrate a great religion and to provoke rage.  But as I said yesterday, there is no justification, none at all, for responding to this video with violence.  We condemn the violence that has resulted in the strongest terms, and we greatly appreciate that many Muslims in the United States and around the world have spoken out on this issue.

“Violence, we believe, has no place in religion and is no way to honor religion.  Islam, like other religions, respects the fundamental dignity of human beings, and it is a violation of that fundamental dignity to wage attacks on innocents.  As long as there are those who are willing to shed blood and take innocent life in the name of religion, the name of God, the world will never know a true and lasting peace.  It is especially wrong for violence to be directed against diplomatic missions.  These are places whose very purpose is peaceful:  to promote better understanding across countries and cultures.  All governments have a responsibility to protect those spaces and people, because to attack an embassy is to attack the idea that we can work together to build understanding and a better future.

“Now, I know it is hard for some people to understand why the United States cannot or does not just prevent these kinds of reprehensible videos from ever seeing the light of day. Now, I would note that in today’s world with today’s technologies, that is impossible. However, even if it were possible, our country does have a long tradition of free expression, which is enshrined in our Constitution and our law, and we do not stop individual citizens from expressing their views no matter how distasteful they may be.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/09/15/please-forgive-us-us-pleads-muslim-nations/
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by nonen(m): 2:45pm On Sep 15, 2012
I'm so impressed with this Obama government. Prior to this statement from the White House, I was dismayed with Mitt Romney's remark on this volatile issue. His remark prove that his brains doesn't have a rational thinking capacity, I saw the tilt in his brains positioning. In what way could Obama's government be held responsible for the values and virtues of every citizen in America. America really has to apologize to the world if the video(which I've not watched) has such ill intent. This also calls for a review to the freedom of expression clause. What extent should freedom of speech or expression be permissible? Do I still call it freedom of expression or speech, if it has the potential to cause innocent citizens harm?
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 15, 2012
OP, there's no place in the article where Hilary Clinton apologized for the video on behalf of the US govt. It'll be stupi.d of them to do that. They have no need to apologize for the opinion of certain US citizens. She said that their laws permit freedom of speech. She seem to emphasize more that Islam loses more respect as a result of the violent reaction to the movie. US govt will likely never apologize for the movie or take action against the producers.

11 Likes

Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Chubhie: 3:05pm On Sep 15, 2012
This is the right thing to do....oya hand over the person behind the movie to the islamic world and let him face the music so as to make an example of people who insults other peoples belief systems.... I commend the white house for taking the right step and urge my fellow muslims brothers to let the case rest.

1 Like

Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by k2039: 3:17pm On Sep 15, 2012
[size=13pt]US will never apologise?
Are they guilty of anything that they should apologise
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by excondido(m): 3:22pm On Sep 15, 2012
if these are the ways muslims react to a harmless video denigrating the supposed prophet who is human like anybody, then they better brace up for more rounds of violence because soon the internet will be flooded with such videos.

the way they defend the prophet makes me question the place of allah in islam.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 15, 2012
Chubhie: This is the right thing to do....oya hand over the person behind the movie to the islamic world and let him face the music so as to make an example of people who insults other peoples belief systems.... I commend the white house for taking the right step and urge my fellow muslims brothers to let the case rest.

Never gonna happen. You can stop dreaming now. No apologies will be given, and certainly no prosecution for the producers. It's called freedom of speech.

What will happen though, is the US seeking out and killing or capturing all those involved in the killing of any Americans during the protests.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by redsun(m): 3:31pm On Sep 15, 2012
Moslems are edgy because their religion does not exist,it is all about ancient politics and alternative ideaology.In as much as all religion are built on delusions,theirs has no spiritual foundations to it,that is why they take it too seriously when outsiders are inquisitive about it.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2012
Pathetic Ali Babas. All they do is kill in the name of their blood-thirsty God and beg baksheesh.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Chubhie: 3:40pm On Sep 15, 2012
TroGunn:

Never gonna happen. You can stop dreaming now. No apologies will be given, and certainly no prosecution for the producers. It's called freedom of speech.

What will happen though, is the US seeking out and killing or capturing all those involved in the killing of any Americans during the protests.
I hear you bro......There are two options here for the white house to take on this issue. One is the nobel act of applogy and sanction the people involved in making the movie then allow the libya govt to hunt down the people responsible for the deaths of american citizens. Two is coming out with guns blazing from all angles and fighting a major war with the islamic world... But are they ready for such?? I believe that the Usa should be wary of joining itself into issues that will lead it into a major war cos i feel there are far more enemies waiting to prey on em once they make the wrong moves.... These are my own personal view o.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by PhysicsQED(m): 3:46pm On Sep 15, 2012
The video was made by an Egyptian Coptic Christian in the US who is a former criminal. If that guy had any balls he would have made the video in Egypt and released it while still living in Egypt (whether under a pseudonym or using his real name).

The US has nothing to apologize for here.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 15, 2012
Chubhie: I hear you bro......There are two options here for the white house to take on this issue. One is the nobel act of applogy and sanction the people involved in making the movie then allow the libya govt to hunt down the people responsible for the deaths of american citizens. Two is coming out with guns blazing from all angles and fighting a major war with the islamic world... But are they ready for such?? I believe that the Usa should be wary of joining itself into issues that will lead it into a major war cos i feel there are far more enemies waiting to prey on em once they make the wrong moves.... These are my own personal view o.

So Muslims expect the US govt to apologize for allowing free speech? Like seriously?
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Chubhie: 4:06pm On Sep 15, 2012
TroGunn:

So Muslims expect the US govt to apologize for allowing free speech? Like seriously?
Dont get me wrong. I never said that the muslim world expects white house to apologize. All am trying to say is for the white house examine the options before em and do the right thing. You sir speak as if the illusive freedom of speech dosnt have a limit! If you are Obama what would you have done?
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by GARRIx7(m): 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2012
Religion of PISS Peace Indeed.... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
I hate to say this, but the events of the past few days has made me hate Muslims and their religion with extreme passion.... angry angry
Bunch of lunatics who should be loaded into a confined space and gassed... cool cool cool
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 15, 2012
PhysicsQED: The video was made by an Egyptian Coptic Christian in the US who is a former criminal. If that guy had any balls he would have made the video in Egypt and released it while still living in Egypt.

The US has nothing to apologize for here.

I endorse your position.

Even if the video was made by an American, the US should still not apologise. One man's prophet or messenger of god is another's stupid bitchy sadistic devil. There is nothing wrong with that video, it's a mere opinion of some people and should not have attracted the scale of violence that greeted the release. A proper reaction is to release a counter movie or whatever that portrays Mohamed in a positive light. The US understands that apologizing to islamic nations is endorsing the violent reaction and that would not happen. Besides, the director and his crew have not violated any regulation or law in US per say. So what's there to apologize for?

The movie has exposed what Islam is truly is-an intolerant religion that loves to propagate peace but practices the opposite. What's the connection between German and Uk embassies in Sudan to warrant their violation? Don't same Muslims I mean their sheikhs and Imams while giving sermons derisively mock Jesus who Christians folks see as their own messenger of God on daily basis? When a similar movie was released years back to mock christianity, a single soul was not lost. There is something about Islam that encourages violence.

7 Likes

Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2012
Chubhie: Dont get me wrong. I never said that the muslim world expects white house to apologize. All am trying to say is for the white house examine the options before em and do the right thing. You sir speak as if the illusive freedom of speech dosnt have a limit! If you are Obama what would you have done?

If I was Obama I would firstly protect all Americans in the hot spots. Next go after those who attacked Americans. Then remind all of the laws of America allowing free speech and pointedly telling Muslims to respect that, urging Muslims to fight bad press/movies with facts and superior arguments, instead of violence. I would add that Muslims bring more insult to their religion by attacking innocent non-Muslims over the actions of others.

3 Likes

Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Chubhie: 4:18pm On Sep 15, 2012
GARRI (x7):
Religion of PISS Peace Indeed.... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
I hate to say this, but the events of the past few days has made me hate Muslims and their religion with extreme passion.... angry angry
Bunch of lunatics who should be loaded into a confined space and gassed... cool cool cool
Oga garri easy o...cos if u use dis vex become world leader u go bad pass wetin hitler do jews o.... We all have the tendency of being pushed to the extreme given the proper motivations deviod of religion. This my friend could be the motivation you need to evolving into a christain suicide bomber. Have respect for peoples belifs,traditions and cultures. We you push em and they react you start crying foul.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2012
Chubhie: Oga garri easy o...cos if u use dis vex become world leader u go bad pass wetin hitler do jews o.... We all have the tendency of being pushed to the extreme given the proper motivations deviod of religion. This my friend could be the motivation you need to evolving into a christain suicide bomber. Have respect for peoples belifs,traditions and cultures. We you push em and they react you start crying foul.

Are you in some way justifying the violence over the movie? You do realize how sick that is.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Callotti: 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2012
A step in the right direction. . . .To think that an American Jew. . .whose inheritance is laced with the burden of bigotry would cause this kind of problem for AMERICANS in general is despicable. What would he gain by endangering the lives of Americans all over the world I keep asking myself? Surely, this 'film-maker' did not learn anything from the HOLOCAUST!

[b]“I also want to take a moment to address the video circulating on the internet that has led to these protests in a number of countries. Let me state very clearly – and I hope it is obvious – that the United States Government had absolutely nothing to do with this video. We absolutely reject its content and message. America’s commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. And as you know, we are home to people of all religions, many of whom came to this country seeking the right to exercise their own religion, including, of course, millions of Muslims. And we have the greatest respect for people of faith.

“To us, to me personally, this video is disgusting and reprehensible. It appears to have a deeply cynical purpose: to denigrate a great religion and to provoke rage. But as I said yesterday, there is no justification, none at all, for responding to this video with violence. We condemn the violence that has resulted in the strongest terms, and we greatly appreciate that many Muslims in the United States and around the world have spoken out on this issue.[/b]

I hope some 'NAIRALAND BIGOTS' can read this and learn a thing or two! kiss
The USA does not need this during the upcoming elections. . .especially after Iraq and Afghanistan.

The filmakers should face charges for endangering American lives ALL OVER THE WORLD!!! Period. kiss
Obama should not stop there. . . the culprits of this heinous crime of the utmost bigotry should be incarcerated.
MADNESS!!!
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by FSU: 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2012
Callotti: A step in the right direction. . . .To think that an American Jew. . .whose inheritance is laced with the burden of bigotry would cause this kind of problem for AMERICANS in general is despicable. What would he gain by endangering the lives of Americans all over the world I keep asking myself? Surely, this 'film-maker' did not learn anything from the HOLOCAUST!

One would think that with all this your cyber braggadocio you would at least get your facts right: he is not an Israeli Amerian, he is Egyptian American

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakoula_Basseley_Nakoula

@Topic. This is a big fake news. The USA as a govt cannot apologize for a ''crime'' it did not commit. I would like to see this apology aired on TV. The website is a Nigerian one, probably managed by one stupid Naija muslim
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Callotti: 4:31pm On Sep 15, 2012
FSU:

One would think that with all this your cyber braggadocio you would at least get your facts right: he is not an Israeli Amerian, he is Egyptian American

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakoula_Basseley_Nakoula

Thanks for the correction. . . it does not change a thing. . . I got my own report from NL.
Thank you!
Read here:
HE IS AN AMERICAN. . .PERIOD!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/1046173/fatawa-isreali-anti-islam-filmmaker-hiding

LOS ANGELES (AP) — An Israeli filmmaker based in California went into hiding after a YouTube trailer of his movie attacking Islam's prophet Muhammad sparked angry assaults by ultra-conservative Muslims on U.S. missions in Egypt and Libya. The U.S. ambassador to Libya and three American members of his staff were killed.

I hope BIGOTS like you are happy now? Thanks to people like you. . . I am now an endangered American. . . EVEN IN ABUJA! angry
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Chubhie: 4:34pm On Sep 15, 2012
TroGunn:

Are you in some way justifying the violence over the movie? You do realize how sick that is.
There was a problem,Then reaction it then follows that solution should follow logically.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by ak47mann(m): 4:34pm On Sep 15, 2012
Muslims have proof that they are bad people and need to be in check,killing an innocent man in bengazi that has nothing to do with the movie shows that Islam cannot be tor-orated in America and UK.Watch and see the new law coming into effect very soon on Muslims living in western world they must obey the law of the land or move out....
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by taharqa: 4:35pm On Sep 15, 2012
America can NEVER apologize ova dis; and there is no where in dat article where she is QUOTED as saying such. The writer just got dat 4rm his/her head, d same way many of u guys hv bn 'interpreting' things in 9ja recently...#PROPAGANDAalltheway
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 15, 2012
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 15, 2012
Callotti: A step in the right direction. . . .To think that an American Jew. . .whose inheritance is laced with the burden of bigotry would cause this kind of problem for AMERICANS in general is despicable. What would he gain by endangering the lives of Americans all over the world I keep asking myself? Surely, this 'film-maker' did not learn anything from the HOLOCAUST!

I hope some 'NAIRALAND BIGOTS' can read this and learn a thing or two! kiss
The USA does not need this during the upcoming elections. . .especially after Iraq and Afghanistan.

The filmakers should face charges for endangering American lives ALL OVER THE WORLD!!! Period. kiss
Obama should not stop there. . . the culprits of this heinous crime of the utmost bigotry should be incarcerated.
MADNESS!!!

The film makers are not the ones attacking Americans. The people who the US govt should and will certainly go after are those Muslims using a video most of them have not seen as an excuse to attack Americans. The film makers have a right to air their views no matter how distasteful it might be to some.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Callotti: 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2012
Some people want to see 'I am sorry' before they can consider the true meaning of 'apology'?
Damn!
Damn!
Damn!
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Callotti: 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2012
TroGunn:

The film makers are not the ones attacking Americans. The people who the US govt should and will certainly go after are those Muslims using a video most of them have not seen as an excuse to attack Americans. The film makers have a right to air their views no matter how distasteful it might be to some.

Well, in the same vein. . .can you say the equally-bigotted Libyans had the right to air heir own views by killing innocent Americans in Libya. . .since 'VIEWS CAN BE AIRED' differently by THE CRIMNALLY INSANE WHO USE RELIGION AS THE MAIN EXCUSE TO JUSTIFY THE SLIGHTEST PROVOCATION RIGHT? angry

If I may educate you. . . .the film-makers indirectly ENDANGERED the lives tof AMERICANS all over the world.
The Nigerian Embassy has been shut down right?

BOKO HARAM ALSO AIRS VIEWS IN NIGERIA TOO RIGHT?
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by taharqa: 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2012
Callotti:

Thanks for the correction. . . it does not change a thing. . . I got my own report from NL.
Thank you!
Read here:
HE IS AN AMERICAN. . .PERIOD!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/1046173/fatawa-isreali-anti-islam-filmmaker-hiding

I hope BIGOTS like you are happy now? Thanks to people like you. . . I am now an endangered American. . . EVEN IN ABUJA! angry
'You got yr own info 4rm NL'? Hahahahehe. Dat is a joke, right?... NL of all places where all sort of VERY IGNORANT ppl(gullible ppl who do not know wot they are talking about) post, abi? Wonders have actuali ended
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Chubhie: 4:44pm On Sep 15, 2012
TroGunn:

bro, you talk of backing actions with facts before reacting. Please kindly give us any proof of fact bout Iraqa's wmd before the Us invaded em.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Callotti: 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2012
taharqa: 'You got yr own info 4rm NL'? Hahahahehe... NL of all places where all sort of VERY IGNORANT ppl post, abi? Wonders have actuali ended

NL only supplY the articles like the same one you are commenting on right HERE ON THIS THREAD. SO, What is your point? undecided

http://news.yahoo.com/anti-islam-filmmaker-hiding-protests-042924045.html"

Is this not the same link?
Please, stop derailing the thread.
Thank you! kiss
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Vergil: 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2012
Bad journalism at its best.

Typical!

These writers should stick to writing articles from the Nigerian entertainment industry. They can twist and turn it there, not politics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing / Pdp’s ‘secret Game’ Of Sheriff-fayose 2019 Joint Ticket Leaves APC Jittery. / Where Are Oluwaseun Bakare Parent And Family Members?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.