Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,176 members, 7,835,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

His Car Was Stolen With A Master Key - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / His Car Was Stolen With A Master Key (1408 Views)

Man Who Represented Nigeria In Dubai Auto Racing Returns After His Car Crashed / My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. / His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Car Was Stolen With A Master Key by ashmanpolo: 9:19am On Sep 16, 2012
Last year my cousin bought a toyoya camry (tiny light) for N1.1m after saving fφя over 8 months.
During this 8 months, he barely ate good food, didn't change clothes, didn't even drink A bottle of coke out of his savings. That period even cigarette was way too expensive fφя him. This act is coming from A guy dat is still job-hunting but bent on having his own car.

Last week, this car was stolen just in front of his house @ Port Harcourt. Right nw as Am writing this missive, the guy is maciating everyday-(Fidodido is fat now) b/c d Police n co are doing nothing at all about iƭ. The vehicle number is HS 295 ABC. Dark blue tinylight camry 1998 model.

Please my question is what steps do U think he can take to get back his car.

Secondly, considering the insecurity in Nigeria, if the car was stolen by lethal criminals will it be advisable to involve the police cos some of these criminals, their gang members could come back for someone later. That time they won't be talking Cars again. U kno Πα̲̅
Re: His Car Was Stolen With A Master Key by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 16, 2012
Of course your friend should involve the police. Though I'm a bit puzzled - I thought the police were already involved? You said in your post the police are doing nothing, yet you ask if the police should be involved.

And of course, your friend should inform his insurance company - I take it the car was insured?
Re: His Car Was Stolen With A Master Key by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2012
Another point of interest here - how would you or your "friend" know the car was stolen with a master key? Tell that to your insurance company, and they'll be looking for the perpetrator of the "theft" closer to home.

Good luck.
Re: His Car Was Stolen With A Master Key by ednut1(m): 5:10pm On Sep 16, 2012
car tracker shud be made compulsory, jst 45k
Re: His Car Was Stolen With A Master Key by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 16, 2012
ednut1: car tracker shud be made compulsory, jst 45k

Read what you've posted, and see if it makes any sense. Compulsory? Like it's compulsory to park your car in a gated compound, or garage?

Besides, if you wish to market a product, do so in the Auto section, not here.
Re: His Car Was Stolen With A Master Key by ashmanpolo: 8:44pm On Sep 16, 2012
Siena: Of course your friend should involve the police. Though I'm a bit puzzled - I thought the police were already involved? You said in your post the police are doing nothing, yet you ask if the police should be involved.

And of course, your friend should inform his insurance company - I take it the car was insured?

Thankz for ur response. About the police ish, twas just a question that's Y I used the word "if"

(1) (Reply)

My Camry Of 4yrs / How To Save Fuel (great MPG) / Mercedes Benz MB Star Diagnosis Has New Version!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.