Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Salary In The Nigerian Army? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Salary In The Nigerian Army? (356202 Views)

Electricity Workers Protest Over Non-Payment Of Salary In Lagos (Photos) / Osun Lecturer Faints In Bank After Finding N150 As February Salary In Account / How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by aby4real(m): 4:05pm On Dec 07, 2009
Good day nairalanders, Are soldier born or made?
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by aby4real(m): 4:06pm On Dec 07, 2009
Good day nairalanders, Are soldier born or made?
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by aby4real(m): 4:08pm On Dec 07, 2009
Good day nairalanders, Are soldiers born or made?
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by breaka: 9:58pm On Feb 06, 2010
No - them tro dem from heaven.
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by styles2009: 3:49am On Feb 12, 2010
@ V/Admiral

Please set up a Military topic board for Nairaland, there are alot of people interested in the Military just like me.
one quick question, Is Age a problem joining the NDA?

@ All other users

We Nigerians loves too much money, all we think of ,How much is the pay? Do we ever think of Patriotism?
Kai, we don finish!
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by JBF: 9:35pm On Feb 16, 2010
Well said admiral, with people like you in the Nigerian armed forces, we believe the sky is thier limit. Am very impressed.
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by palmas: 7:18am On Feb 17, 2010
so many illiterates in nairaland, there hand is itching them to hit the nub of the keyboard without any research to any topic posted, its not good, @v/admiral u are an intelligent man u take ur time to analyse all that has been bastardize by these illiterates with the love to Ur profession, everything in life is all about Ur passion to it not the pay package.
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by opeafriq: 7:04pm On Dec 18, 2010
People, i want to know some things and clarify some issues i'm having,

what is the prospect of a Bsc holder joining the military?
what is the rank he'll start with?
what is his maximum attainable rank?
Any idea on wheather he could do more to attain the highest rank?

Answers needed asap.
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by Chongaiman: 12:00am On Dec 27, 2010
^^^
Your questions have been answered in previous posts in this thread.
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by mydozie: 12:34am On Jan 30, 2011
V/ Admiral, jst want t eulogize or extol u 4 d brilliant and intelligent presentatn, in deed, i'm pleased.We need ur kind in d military and pls cld u assist me in dis on-going Naval-DSSC recruitment, i mean 4 course 20?
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by daminho(m): 10:09pm On Apr 09, 2011
Rubbish!!!!!!!!someone did a pr for his profession and it is taken as a gospel truth.i know plenty officers who had to use strong and strange means to deter their kids from joining the Army,pally the army in Nigeria sucks.
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by Chongaiman: 10:32pm On Apr 09, 2011
I know many officers - serving and retired - whose sons are serving in the Nigerian Army. Some of them have gone to great lengths to ensure that their sons stay in the 'job'. Different strokes for different folks you might say.
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by belod4me(m): 6:10pm On Apr 10, 2011
@v/admiral, I love your write up, not cos I'm a soja man, but cos you hit the nail on the head. I'm a proud Soldier, Army has made me to be a graduate today, on this note, there,s no profession that can't be found in the military. I love this job, I'm really proud of it.

1 Like

Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by kokobiware: 8:18am On Apr 16, 2011
V / Admiral, God bless you
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by umohmfonobong: 4:24pm On Jul 07, 2011
vice/admiral, please i want ask, as an officer i mean lieutenant, is an official gun, say pistol given to them? if not please at which rank is it given, while am saying this is because as a uniform man you need to be cautious of yourself, since you might be an enemy to some people e.g militant, boko haram etc at least for self defense. i mean for those coming in through dssc
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by leobright: 1:02pm On Aug 24, 2011
am a nigerian abt 21 and being in the millitary has allways been my dream currently am studying aeronuatic/rocketry engineering in russia pls i need an advice cos i really want be in nigerian army against the wish of my friends who are planing to join the british army.pls i need to know the steps to take thanks
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by komank79: 8:39am On Sep 09, 2011
Hello, officers,
I will be glad if i can get information on possible way of joining the Nigeria army with a BSc in mechanical engineering.
And if you can or have any one who can be of assistance i will generously appreciate this.
here is my email adress     uba.prince@gmail.com, just send me a so i can have yours so we can discuss.
Thanks a lot
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by Plutarch: 8:51am On Sep 09, 2011
As a graduate,u can only enter d military thru d direct short service. U will go on a 9 months training n subsequently commisioned as a lieutenant (army),sub lieut(navy),flight lieut (airforce). The salary+allowance is around 200k. But your leg must be loooonnnngg to get in. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by santavonna: 1:19pm On Sep 09, 2011
this is pretty shit
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by sycamore(m): 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2011
NMS/91 , Alfa Coy, No turning back, Senior Bros. I troway Salute
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by ArQueBusieR(m): 7:35pm On Nov 06, 2011
Plutarch:

As a graduate,u can only enter d military thru d direct short service. U will go on a 9 months training n subsequently commisioned as a lieutenant (army),sub lieut(navy),flight lieut (airforce). The salary+allowance is around 200k. But your leg must be loooonnnngg to get in. Good luck
And SSC too.
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by haykay2005: 10:45pm On Nov 15, 2011
hmmmm.very interesting
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 3:27am On Nov 16, 2011
Plutarch:

meaning i need to know people for me to be enlisted
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by mekzone: 4:09pm On Mar 20, 2012
The military is the noblest service a man can offer to his country. You just have to repect a man/woman whose life says "no....the enemy will not get past me tonight, I will not let them harm my country today...."

Don't join for the money, or the hope of becoming a governor tomorrow (that era destroyed the noble profession of soldiering).
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by Justiceof1: 9:45pm On Apr 01, 2012
Gud day my question here is if some one finish with third class and has a post graduate diploma can that person be able 2 join the sss or dss.Tanks
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by justiniyke(m): 2:39pm On Apr 24, 2012
Vice Admiral sir, pls i am interested in joining the Army @dssc level, but i want to know if complete O' level is a priority.
Sir, i will also appreciate the site where i can download armed forces Tacos.
My email is jstnlndn@yahoo.com.
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by fesokaro: 4:48pm On Jun 01, 2012
@V/Admira
for somebody who enters the force through DSS,with a Bsc degree.will the person be allowed to pursue his Msc and Phd immediately after he is enlisted?
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by Kholarworley(m): 4:52pm On Jun 24, 2012
Shun sir!!! To our elders in military. I was so suprise 4 seeing some post which are not geneuin, why do pple like 2 discourage pple who are interested in joining military by telling dem d amount of money dey pay 2 a personnel, i wnt u pple 2 knw dat sum pple are not here bcoz of money but determination. So leave those who are interested alone because everytin is all about prayer, some pple who hv d rank of corporal or sergeant in a military succeed in life bcoz they hv determination and spend their money wisely. So my pple let us encourage pple who are interested in joining military in other 2 serve their father land. @v/admiral shun sir. I tank u for sharing ur advice and encouraging of pple who are interested in joining military, may Almighty God be wit u and continue 2 spare ur life in jesus name. Amen.
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by SLEEMYDRIZ(m): 8:33am On Jul 05, 2012
i alwaz have a dream to join any of the Nigerian armed forces..and i've tried all my possible best to see it done.i've try NDA exams and Naval recriutment even the recent one Batch21 but am still not selected with all my performances.
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by Madawaki01(m): 7:10am On Aug 18, 2012
Is is automatic dat a graduate of nda wil be a soldier?pls reply.
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by floridam(m): 7:35am On Aug 20, 2012
Madawaki01: Is is automatic dat a graduate of nda wil be a soldier?pls reply.
Yes it is because during ur POP u will be commissioned as an officer and ur rank attached to ir shoulder.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Any HSE Professionals In The House? / How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.