Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Nintendo Wii U may end up being a huge Hit!!!.My thoughts below.What's Yours? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Nintendo Wii U may end up being a huge Hit!!!.My thoughts below.What's Yours? (2183 Views)

X-box One Vs Wii U / Official Nintendo Wii Softmod Thread / Nintendo Launches New Hd Console : Wii U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nintendo Wii U may end up being a huge Hit!!!.My thoughts below.What's Yours? by resichild(m): 10:56am On Sep 16, 2012
Hey Guys

With the official announcment of the Nintendo Wii U last week gamers have been scrambling to get their hands on the console. With reports from Kmart , Gamestop, Toy R Us, Walmart claiming they have already run out and others are saying the pre - orders are over the roof. Some like E-Bay have even started selling the console @ ridiculous prices ( over $1000).

The Wii U is to launch in mid November with a price tag of $299(lower bundle) and $349(higher bundle) and the games are same priced as the xbox 360 and Ps3($59.99),the consoles specifications are better than that of the current xbox and ps3 and this time they seemed to have listened to what gamers and developers wanted as developers say its a lot cheaper and easier to programme and develop for than the xbox 360 and ps3.

It has a standard controller besides the game pad,so regular games like Call of duty , Uncharted, Gears of war, God of war, racing games can be played with the regular controller and then with the game pad there is a unique twist in gameplay. i.e - assasins creed 3, tekken tag 2 , black ops 2 and even fifa 13 use the game pad in very innovative ways i.e in call of duty the pad acts as a 2nd screen and map during multiplayer. The console allows upgradable and portable hard drives.

Nintendo also now has a standard online arena like the playstation network and xbox live and its free. Also all your favorite TV apps are brought together under one platform called the nintendo TV

EA, Activision, Tecmo, Capcom ,Ubisoft etc are all supporting the console with heavy hitters and over 51 games are to be released between launch and febuary next year for the console.

This will be the 1st time Nintendo has openly embraced casual and even mature games going as far as getting financing the development of Bayonetta to get it exclusive to the console.

I must confess i had major doubts about Nintendo and their last console the“ Wii” was a no go area for me but things have changed and the Wii U seems hardcore and not just aimed at kids this time and i'm thinking i won't be able to wait for the other guys(sony and microsoft)to launch theirs before picking up a next gen console so i will give the Wii U till January before picking one up. Atleast it will keep me busy till the launch of the next xbox and Playstation.

List of some games announced for the Wii U.

007 Legends First Person
Shooter Activision Late 2012
Aliens Colonial Marines First Person
Shooter SEGA February
Assassin’s Creed 3 Action Ubisoft 2012
Batman Arkham City Action Warner Bros. 2012
Bayonetta 2 Action Nintendo 2013
Ben 10: Omniverse Action D3 2012
Darksiders 2 Action THQ Fall 2012
Devil’s Third Action THQ TBD
Dragon Quest X Action Square Enix 2013
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 First Person
shooter Activision Fall 2012
Epic Mickey 2 Adventure Disney 2012
Formula 1 All-Stars Racing Codemasters 2013
FIFA 13 Sports EA Sports 2012
Funky Barn Casual Tantalus Games 2012
Game Party Champions Party Warner Bros 2012
Game & Wario Party Nintendo 2013
Ghost Recon Online Action Ubisoft 2012
Homefront 2 First Person
Shooter THQ 2013
Injustice: Gods Among Us Fighting Warner Bros. 2013
Jeopardy! Puzzle THQ 2012
Just Dance 4 Dance Ubisoft Fall 2012
Killer Freaks From Outer
Space First Person
Shooter Ubisoft Canceled
LEGO City Undercover Platform Nintendo 2012
Mass Effect 3 Action EA Fall 2012
Madden NFL 13 Sports EA Sports 2012
Marvel Avengers: Battle For
Earth Action Ubisoft 2012
Medium Action N/A 2013
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate RPG Capcom 2013
New Super Mario Bros U Platform Nintendo Fall 2012
NBA 2K13 Sports 2K Sports 2012
NBA Live 2013 Sports EA Sports 2012
Nintendo Land Party game Nintendo Fall 2012
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor’s Edge Action Nintendo Fall 2012
Pikmin 3 Strategy Nintendo Fall 2012
Project Cars Racing Slightly Mad
Studios 2013
Project Nova Action/adventure Activision 2013
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Sports Konami 2012
Rabidds Land Party game Ubisoft 2012
Rayman Legends Platform Ubisoft 2012
Rise Of The Guardians Action D3 Publisher 2013
Scribblenauts Unlimited Puzzle Warner Bros. 2012
Sing Party Music Nintendo 2012
Skylanders Giants Platform Activision 2013
Sonic & All-Stars Racing
Transformed Racing SEGA Fall 2012
Sports Connection Party Ubisoft 2012
Super Smash Bros. Wii U Fighting Nintendo 2014
Transformers Prime: The
Game Action Activision 2012
Tank Tank Tank Action Namco Bandai 2013
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Fighting Namco Bandai 2012
The Amazing Spider-Man Action Activision TBA
Trine 2: Director’s Cut Platform Frozen Byte 2012
Transformers Prime Action Activision 2013
Your Shape 2013 Fitness Ubisoft 2012
Warrior Orochi 3 Hyper Action Tecmo Koei 2013
Wii Fit U Fitness Nintendo 2012
Wheel of Fortune Puzzle THQ 2012
Wipeout 3 Casual Activision 2013
Wonderful 101 Strategy Nintendo 2012
ZombiU First person
shooter Ubisoft Fall 2012
Zumba Fitness Fitness Majesco 2013

If hope some you guys end up getting one too. So we could trade games and all that.

Re: Nintendo Wii U may end up being a huge Hit!!!.My thoughts below.What's Yours? by jereal(m): 4:46pm On Sep 17, 2012
sounds like nintendo is finally sitting up...
the console is coming at a really good price...
Re: Nintendo Wii U may end up being a huge Hit!!!.My thoughts below.What's Yours? by resichild(m): 6:41pm On Sep 17, 2012
Yeah.. They have, I am actually looking forward to the release of a nintendo system ,wow I can't believe it.

Good work Nintendo.
Re: Nintendo Wii U may end up being a huge Hit!!!.My thoughts below.What's Yours? by Bawss1(m): 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2012
You state it correctly. The Wii U may be a huge hit. Or may not.

I think that as with other Nintendo releases it will be successful in Japan. Outside the shores of that country, not so sure.
Re: Nintendo Wii U may end up being a huge Hit!!!.My thoughts below.What's Yours? by resichild(m): 6:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
Bawss1: You state it correctly. The Wii U may be a huge hit. Or may not.

I think that as with other Nintendo releases it will be successful in Japan. Outside the shores of that country, not so sure.

Don't think so.
I feel this time they will do very well. They are already selling out (pre-orders) in the US and UK. And a lot of peopl may not be able to wait till fall of next year for the release of the xbox 360 and ps3.besides the list of games they are launching with and the games they are trying to get on their system is a different turn from the Nintendo of old.
Re: Nintendo Wii U may end up being a huge Hit!!!.My thoughts below.What's Yours? by chineji(m): 8:14pm On Nov 07, 2012
U get time u dey waste ur money buy game na wa see as naija hot people still dey play game no be game e be
Re: Nintendo Wii U may end up being a huge Hit!!!.My thoughts below.What's Yours? by duduspace(m): 12:33am On Nov 16, 2012
The Wii U is going to be a massive hit worldwide IMO. I've pre-ordered a premium version from Play to arrive for launch day bundled with Call of Duty Black Ops 2, FIFA 13, Batman Arkham Assylum (Armoured edition) and Zombi-U as I intend to be an early adopter of a system I believe will have an impact close to what the original Wii had.

(1) (Reply)

Gta V Vs Metal Gear Solid v -phantom Pain / Pc Gamers In Enugu / SOLD!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.