Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Xtie's Diary<==>'Get Lost' - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Xtie's Diary<==>'Get Lost' (787 Views)

Xtie's Diary==>12/09/12==>My New Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Xtie's Diary<==>'Get Lost' by Krysstie: 2:57pm On Sep 16, 2012
Yesterday, i decided to stay indoors and reminiscence about my life. Where was i to get a new job from? Should i let mama know that i needed to work and not babysit my nieces?
Now, i wonder why sister Patricia and her husband decided to make babies when they had no time.

I had benefitted from them in the past, and i'm still benefitting. But it's all bribe to keep my butt glued to the house and do nothing. Getting a new boyfriend with my present status as a nanny is so vague....what a life!

I narrated what led to my job loss to Ada, and all she could say was 'try your luck and see, you'll get the job back'. But, what the hell? Did she know what it meant to be embarrassed? Ada was a very good childhood friend, and all she was good at was to encourage me.
Very often, i act like i do not care a bit about her, but deep down she's like a sister.

Today, i decided to search round town for whatever job i could find. I knew it wasn't easy, but i believed i was going to scale through. Mama was aware ahead of time that i was leaving the house, so there were no nieces to cater for this time around.
I had told mama i was going to help a friend organise a wedding and i was sleeping over. With this, mama arranged a one day nanny and i saw it as a great relief.

I walked to several locations under the scorching sun, taking buses and motorcycles at interval. But each place i went, all i got was 'No Vacancy'.
Hearing those two words was alot to disturb me, then coming out to the sound of vehicles and noise from market people almost made me go crazy. I decided i'd had enough at the sixth trial, after being dismissed from a place where they call two roomsa an advertising agency.

Getting a bus back home was a hell of a problem. I waited for about 30mins before a bus finally came, but all the commuters seemed to be going my direction. They all pushed and forced their way into the bus.
I decided to try since i had small stature, but i almost got choked and had to wait till the crowd was less, ending up in the third bus.

Got home @exactly 6:30pm, and i went straight upstairs to my room, not looking back at my nieces or responding to the nanny's greeting.
I landed on my bed without changing, it was the fastest thing to do at that moment.

Barely 10mins after i lay down, i had a visitor in my room. It was my older niece, Favour. Couldn't i have time to myself? I thought. 'Yes, what is it?' i yelled, yearning for immediate response. 'Please, help with my home-work'. What the hell was that? Could she not read my mood and use her discretion? 'Common get lost'. With this, she ran out of the room and i got back to bed, drifting into sleep about 20mins later.

'Princess! Princess!' i thought i heard it in my dream, but as i gradually opened my eyes, i found mama by my bed side. 'Princess, where's Favour?' Was i meant to be keeping her? 'Mama ask the nanny you left in her care'. 'Princess, hope this is not one of your pranks? I understand Favour came to you for her home-work and she has been her ever since'. 'ahn ahn, mama who told you that? Favour was here, but i dismissed her because i was tired'. With this, mama hissed and left the room.
I got up and hurriedly followed her. Got downstairs and found the nanny in the sitting room pacing up and down. Wasn't it her duty to guide the kids? And is she so dumb that she couldn't assist a primary three pupil in her home-work?

We searched round the house for about 30mins, and decided to go into the street to continue. Stupid Akpan obviously didn't know his duty as a gateman.
We got to the front of the gate, deciding what direction to begin our search, and there was Favour with an old man coming towards the house.

The old man was Favour's school bus driver. How did they get to meet by this time of the day? They finally got to us and mama quickly carried Favour in her arms. 'Favour what happened? Baba where did you find her?' The old man smiled for a while, and i wondered why he was smiling. 'I was just strolling down when i saw her by the road side. I wondered what went wrong, so i thought it wise to bring her home'. 'What! Favour!' mama screamed, close to tears. I stoodby and watched the drama.

We thanked the old man and went back to the house. Mama sat Favour down and examined her if she was hurt. 'Favour why did you leave the house?' mama asked the third time. 'I went to aunty Princess for my home-work, and she said i should get lost. I got lost so that nobody would find me'. 'What! Princess!' mama screamed.

Now, that was it, i had had enough. That was the dumbest kid ever. I went up to my room, leaving them to their thoughts. Sleep was the only solution to forget a day like this. I resolved that tomorrow being saturday was when i'd deal with each one of them . I thought for a while, and drifted into sleep on an empty stomach.

P.S: This is not real life or about real beings, it's purely fiction...
Re: Xtie's Diary<==>'Get Lost' by Cuddlemii: 3:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
Krysstie, you don't need to open new threads to update your diary.

Update the existing one by clicking on the "Reply" button

Please continue here-------->https://www.nairaland.com/1045484/xties-diary-12-09-12

Thanks! smiley
Re: Xtie's Diary<==>'Get Lost' by Krysstie: 4:05pm On Sep 16, 2012
Cuddlemii: Krysstie, you don't need to open new threads to update your diary.

Update the existing one by clicking on the "Reply" button

Please continue here-------->https://www.nairaland.com/1045484/xties-diary-12-09-12

Thanks! smiley

@cuddlemi, my thread was closd....could u plz open it anyhw u cn...so i cn copy and paste it...i got d@ 4rm my head n itz nt anywhr...cnt start afresh again...
Re: Xtie's Diary<==>'Get Lost' by Cuddlemii: 4:08pm On Sep 16, 2012
Krysstie:

@cuddlemi, my thread was closd....could u plz open it anyhw u cn...so i cn copy and paste it...i got d@ 4rm my head n itz nt anywhr...cnt start afresh again...

It was locked because its a continuation of your previous work. You can't open threads for every single post of a story.

You can copy your previous post and paste it in your diary thread. A topic doesn't need to be unlocked to copy what you posted.

I suggest you read https://www.nairaland.com/1029013/literature-writing-guidelines-rules-regulations#11940467 to get accustomed with the features of nl and how to make use of them.

I have unlocked it for a bit, copy your post and I will lock it back.

(1)

Food For Thought Inspirational Quotes ... / Another Perspective Of Our Love-country Of The Vine / hi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.