Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

African Soup In A Bag - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / African Soup In A Bag (8243 Views)

Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. / A Picture Of A Snake Soup In A Pot / What's The Best Time To Eat Eba And Soup In Your Household?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Soup In A Bag by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 16, 2012
Abeg o, what is all this nonsense? I was looking for pictures for the recent food thread and came across ogbono soup in a bag. I explored, and to me astonishment, them get variety.

Egusi Soup

Pepper Soup

Oha Soup

Ogbono Soup

Onugbu (Bitter Leaf) Soup

I dey fear o! You can choose bags with fish, chicken or beef. They even come in party sizes. Please, o please, tell me this is not what they are using at parties now. Some caterers are lazy, yes, but soup in a bag is going overboard.

Read the descriptions. For a soup as fatty as egusi soup, they are boasting of antioxidants and lowering risks of diabetes, heart disease, and cancers in the breast and stomach. Why evils? Na so e dey now? Ewu chi m cry
Re: African Soup In A Bag by kandiikane(m): 9:54pm On Sep 16, 2012
Lol, I don't think it's really bad idea. will be great for students who never have time to cook on campus.
Re: African Soup In A Bag by Raxxye(m): 11:18pm On Sep 16, 2012
I like this concept. I hope they also have my favourite: edikang ikong. My concern, though, is how its freshness would be retained in poly bags!
Re: African Soup In A Bag by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 16, 2012
I won't be needing those. I cook my own soup. My mama raised no lazybone. smiley

3 Likes

Re: African Soup In A Bag by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 16, 2012
This isn't encouraging atall, it would only make more women lazy to cook.. Gosh! Men don suffer sha
Re: African Soup In A Bag by obowunmi(m): 11:45pm On Sep 16, 2012
More cancer for Africans.

The number of preservatives.
The chemicals in the bag.
Re: African Soup In A Bag by Nobody: 3:25am On Sep 17, 2012
If it looks like what it does in the picture, I wont mind trying.

Where can we get them? I'm game!!

sexkillz: I won't be needing those. I cook my own soup. My mama raised no lazybone. smiley

So says a man who society does not expect to come home from work and cook.

2 Likes

Re: African Soup In A Bag by Nobody: 3:40am On Sep 17, 2012
God bless whoever thought of this.
Please ship it to canada. I go buy....so long as the thing sweet undecided
Re: African Soup In A Bag by kandiikane(m): 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Word, joooor!
Re: African Soup In A Bag by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 17, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
If it looks like what it does in the picture, I wont mind trying.

Where can we get them? I'm game!!

Society does not define who i am. I am not married presently and i cook my soups, so what makes you think that will change when i get married with the kind of mindset i already have?

I have never believed a wife is a slave. She is a helper. If i come home from work and there is no food, I'll simply do what i am used to doing prior to marriage- Cook!

6 Likes

Re: African Soup In A Bag by Ariyke: 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2012
soup in a bag?:/
Re: African Soup In A Bag by segzicres(m): 4:26pm On Sep 17, 2012
Well everyone in the is getting lazy......this will only catalyze the already depressing situation. Fine this is tight news for a bachelor but for a married man? Na! sad
Re: African Soup In A Bag by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Sep 17, 2012
Soup already comes in Bottle . . . A bag might not be a bad idea. I remember walking into an Africa store some years ago, and found bottled African stew. It tasted good and flew off the shelf even then.
Re: African Soup In A Bag by Rocktation(f): 4:27pm On Sep 17, 2012
...the antioxidants and 'co'...urgggh
Re: African Soup In A Bag by SisiKill1: 4:29pm On Sep 17, 2012
On paper it looks like a fine idea. . .ON PAPER where people follow the right preservation method, adhere to rules and regulations and have a working regulatory body. On paper, I won't mind stocking a few of those in my pantry.

In reality. . .I won't touch that crap with a ten pole stick. lipsrsealed
Re: African Soup In A Bag by JeSoul(f): 4:32pm On Sep 17, 2012
Re: African Soup In A Bag by bid4rich(m): 4:35pm On Sep 17, 2012
Food for the belly and belly for the food, be it cancer or cercan. If you eat you go die, if you no eat you will still die. All die na die. Why cant you just eat, enjoy your life and die well. grin

2 Likes

Re: African Soup In A Bag by Clemzy16(m): 4:37pm On Sep 17, 2012
Merh! That'll be cool. Infact It's gonna be my special recipe when i eventually gets to school. I CAN'T COOK O!.
Re: African Soup In A Bag by ChrstiansKila(m): 4:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
Goddamn dis looks more like shiiit in a bag shocked grin shocked grin shocked

1 Like

Re: African Soup In A Bag by Okijajuju1(m): 4:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
F`UCK NO!!
Re: African Soup In A Bag by dannywest: 4:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
Yaaaaaaayyyy!!! Now I can shakara
Re: African Soup In A Bag by FrenchyL(m): 4:46pm On Sep 17, 2012
@Poster: i honestly don't think that soup in a bag is a bad idea at all. I like to see it from the perspective of a product satisfying a human need. grin grin grin grin . It has a target consumer base. It also will not appeal to a lot of people but i think it is worth a try at least once to ascertain its quality.
Re: African Soup In A Bag by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 17, 2012
bid4rich: Food for the belly and belly for the food, be it cancer or cercan. If you eat you go die, if you no eat you will still die. All die na die. Why cant you just eat, enjoy your life and die well. grin

Lmao.

Something tells me those bowls in front of the bags were from pots of fresh soup. Like anything else, the contents of the bag probably won't look anything like the food in the picture. I don't even want to imagine the taste of chicken or beef from those bags.
Re: African Soup In A Bag by valdubem(m): 4:53pm On Sep 17, 2012
sexkillz: I won't be needing those. I cook my own soup. My mama raised no lazybone. smiley

I HATE YOU!

1 Like

Re: African Soup In A Bag by omicron(m): 4:54pm On Sep 17, 2012
In benin city here its a common thing. one "One Man Vote"(fufu, santana, akpu) plus egusi soup mixed with some small draw soup plus kpomo and some pipe, ALL into a white polythene bag and ur good to go. Initially it was kinda gross, but once i had no choice but to try it and it turned out not-that-bad afterall! That is only when u think am with an hungry man eye o, otherwise, mehn the idea reminds one of some sick diarrheal child's shyte
Re: African Soup In A Bag by kandiikane(m): 5:28pm On Sep 17, 2012
sexkillz: Society does not define who i am. I am not married presently and i cook my soups, so what makes you think that will change when i get married with the kind of mindset i already have?

I have never believed a wife is a slave. She is a helper. If i come home from work and there is no food, I'll simply do what i am used to doing prior to marriage- Cook!

Awwwwwh!
Why can't other men have your mentality?

1 Like

Re: African Soup In A Bag by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 17, 2012
there are 2 tins invloved 1. Def d soup will neva taste n feel like d real stuff 2. With all d preservative, consumers could bag colon cancer from this, we shldnt wonder y cancer rates r on d increase. jst saying. undecided
Re: African Soup In A Bag by sweetcheecks(f): 6:13pm On Sep 17, 2012
ogugua88: Abeg o, what is all this nonsense? I was looking for pictures for the recent food thread and came across ogbono soup in a bag. I explored, and to me astonishment, them get variety.

Egusi Soup

Pepper Soup

Oha Soup

Ogbono Soup

Onugbu (Bitter Leaf) Soup

I dey fear o! You can choose bags with fish, chicken or beef. They even come in party sizes. Please, o please, tell me this is not what they are using at parties now. Some caterers are lazy, yes, but soup in a bag is going overboard.

Read the descriptions. For a soup as fatty as egusi soup, they are boasting of antioxidants and lowering risks of diabetes, heart disease, and cancers in the breast and stomach. Why evils? Na so e dey now? Ewu chi m cry

Dont you guys have something like Woolworths food? Organic fresh, no presevertives foods in bags ready to cook, warm up and eat. Lovely place for singles and families, ever fresh everything. At a price however!
Re: African Soup In A Bag by Amecharaovoko(m): 6:32pm On Sep 17, 2012
JeSoul: Reminds me of this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/172524/anyone-seen-b4
Same thread, same date, same responses in the same forum, after 4 years. Coincidence ? No. Thanks for thread recycling. Thanks for copying and pasting that abound in this forum. Thanks for being barren of creative posts. Iberibe forum (hide my post @ mod) Ndi ike gwuru agwu
Re: African Soup In A Bag by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 17, 2012
Amechara_ovoko: .
Same thread, same date, same responses in the same forum, after 4 years. Coincidence ? No. Thanks for thread recycling. Thanks for copying and pasting that abound in this forum. Thanks for being barren of creative posts. Iberibe forum (hide my post @ mod) Ndi ike gwuru agwu

Nwayo. Na coincidence. Was I on Nairaland in 2008? It's not thread recycling if the old thread is four years old. Take your vex elsewhere. Please.

FrenchyL: @Poster: i honestly don't think that soup in a bag is a bad idea at all. I like to see it from the perspective of a product satisfying a human need. grin grin grin grin . It has a target consumer base. It also will not appeal to a lot of people but i think it is worth a try at least once to ascertain its quality.

It's a bad idea. Michelle Obama is promoting fresh foods. We're selling ofe onugbu in a bag. A whole ofe onugbu. Na abomination o lol.

To make such foods last, preservatives are added. Half of the chemicals used to make food last I can't even pronounce. I dey fear. Maybe e go balance sha. The bag may cause cancer but, according to the website, egusi prevents cancer. So it's all good lmao.
Re: African Soup In A Bag by Ignatio(m): 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2012
So unnatural. Our elders will curse you for this. Alu!
Re: African Soup In A Bag by BUSHMAN1: 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
oyibo people are trying to reduce (by recycling) foods in plastic bags, to prevent illnes(cancer) and to reduce plastic bags waste, and africans are inheriting it. this means more plastic bags waste and illness in africa,me thinks it will all end in tears

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ankara Cake??????? Wow!!!!!!! / How To Make Couscous? / How Much Is Cooking Gas Sold Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.