Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China (12076 Views)

Could The Demonstrations In Tahrir Square Be The Largest In World History? / Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami / Kenya Deporting Us Author Of Anti-obama Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by na2day(m): 12:07am On Sep 17, 2012

Demonstrations in Changsha, Hunan

A store display in Nanjing bears the sign THE DIAOYU ISLANDS BELONG TO CHINA!.

A banner on a store called pattad reads: "pattad firmly defends China's right to the Diaoyu Islands. / We will give a 15% discount to customers who yell THE DIAOYU ISLANDS BELONG TO CHINA! in the store / We will give a 20% discount to customers who yell JAPAN ALSO BELONGS TO CHINA!"

Chinese protestors congregate outside the Japanese embassy in Beijing.

At an auto show, a Chinese brand car is draped in a PRC flag that reads PATRIOTIC SPENDING / BUY CHINESE GOODS.

A sushi restaurant in Suzhou is demolished by protestors.

Rioters in Qingdao demolish shops.

"JAPANESE GUESTS ARE NOT CURRENTLY BEING ACCOMMODATED BY OUR HOTEL"

Rioters smash cars, burn buildings

A man in Xi'an holds a sign that reads CAR SMASHINGS AHEAD, JAPANESE CAR OWNERS SHOULD TURN BACK NOW

Protestors rally outside a Heiwado shop in Changsha, Hunan.

Demonstrations

A pig wears a headband that resembles the Japanese flag

Rioters loot a Rolex store

Demonstrations in this location turn violent

A hair salon named "Korean-style Haircuts" hangs a banner that says JAPANESE AND DOGS NOT ALLOWED INSIDE

Employees at a dealership hold up a sign that says WE WILL KILL EVERY JAPANESE PERSON EVEN IF IT MEANS DEATHS FOR OUR OWN; EVEN POVERTY WILL NOT DETER US FROM RECLAIMING THE DIAOYU ISLANDS

A woman tries to stop rioters from demolishing her Japanese brand car

A woman discovers her Japanese brand car has been demolished

A Honda owner drove his car to the nearest Honda dealership and set it on fire; banners in the back read DEFEAT THE JAPANESE DEMONS

A Toyota dealership in Shanghai is set on fire

The owner of a Japanese vehicle has covered his car in the following messages: BOYCOTT JAPANESE GOODS, WRECK THE JAPANESE ECONOMY / I BOUGHT THIS CAR BEFORE JAPAN bleeped THINGS UP / FROM NOW ON, I WILL BOYCOTT ALL JAPANESE PRODUCTS

Demonstrations in Yunnan
Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by na2day(m): 12:19am On Sep 17, 2012
The island has, for a long time, been de facto Japan's territory. Although the ownership has been controversial historically, only recently has this become an issue, and that is namely after Japan purchased the territory from residents of the island. Prior to Japan's purchase, I think China was intentionally letting some of the publicity about Japan's claim to the islands slip in order to distract the people from the real issue in the country, which is the rampant corruption of the government and the imminent change in power. (President Hu is expected to step down soon). In a rapidly modernizing world in which China is slowly losing their control on information in and out of the country, a move like this is necessary to keep the people distracted from the actions of the government and to use Chauvinistic tactics in order to maintain power.

Thus, I also consider Japan's move of purchasing the land as a political one, designed to incite further outrage in the Chinese people, creating sufficient disorder in order to weaken the country during a time of political instability, while the change of power happens.

While I am definitely against the communist and practically totalitarian regime in China, I view the unnecessary purchase of the islands as a deliberate attempt by the Japanese to destabilize China.

It is clear that there is a long-standing hatred for the Japanese on the part of the Chinese (though the Koreans hate the Japanese too, and all of Asia is like one big hate-fest), but I don't consider this part of a plot to vilify the Japanese. I am sorry that China is certainly overreacting, but I must admit that I am not surprised at the outcome or the actions of either country.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by dasparrow: 12:38am On Sep 17, 2012
@Post

Na wa oh! No peace in our world. Trouble in the middle east, trouble in Asia. May God help this world.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by BlackPikiN(m): 1:06am On Sep 17, 2012
If there's anti_Japan protest in China, then [size=20pt]there will/must be a massive anti-China protest in Africa![/size]

Nonsense Chinese..

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by PhysicsQED(m): 1:07am On Sep 17, 2012
BlackPikiN: If there's anti_Japan protest in China, then [size=20pt]there will/must be a massive anti-China protest in Africa![/size]

Nonsense Chinese..

What does this mean? Are we Japanese?

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by BlackPikiN(m): 1:19am On Sep 17, 2012
^^^^No we are not, but they should feel the pain.

What right do they have to destroy Japanese and Korean buisnesses?

If the Chinese govt. cant call them to order then there should be anti-China protest too.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by Blyss: 1:30am On Sep 17, 2012
LOL, Damn, these people act worst than the Arabs. I wish we (the US) could just go back to being isolationist.
Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by PhysicsQED(m): 1:36am On Sep 17, 2012
BlackPikiN: ^^^^No we are not, but they should feel the pain.

What right do they have to destroy Japanese and Korean buisnesses?

If the Chinese govt. cant call them to order then there should be anti-China protest too.

Are they destroying Korean businesses? Source?

I think the Chinese govt. tacitly supports the anti-Japanese protests and is actively sponsoring some of them.

As for "what right do they have", I didn't say they have a right to do so, even if it's in their own country. I just don't see how Africans enter into this.
Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by lagcity(m): 5:30am On Sep 17, 2012
i'm not surprised. chinese ppl are VERY VERY crazy. i was once attacked (actually bullied grin) by an elderly chinese woman at the post office parking lot. that sh1t was so weird, it was like film trick. i will never forget.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by Jisunpack: 7:21am On Sep 17, 2012
I see the third and the last world war around the corner.No one messes with the new super power. time to start a Chinese class. Yo chin tak, kim dong min ka tsung tang. I laugh in mandarin

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by ektbear: 7:40am On Sep 17, 2012
lagcity: i'm not surprised. chinese ppl are VERY VERY crazy. i was once attacked (actually bullied grin) by an elderly chinese woman at the post office parking lot. that sh1t was so weird, it was like film trick. i will never forget.

How did it start?
Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by TonySpike: 7:54am On Sep 17, 2012
The Chinese have been militarily humiliated by the Japanese in war conflicts at least twice in the past 150 years. The first and second Sino-Japanese wars is an example of the strength of Japan. The Chinese might be taking advantage of Japan's military principle of neutrality adopted since the end of the World War II. If it would take China's aggression to wake up and activate 'sleeping' Japan, then I forsee a great Asian-Pacific war in the coming years.
Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by ektbear: 8:00am On Sep 17, 2012
China would be pretty foolish to wake up Japan.

They need to calm their azzes down and not risk the progress they've made over the past few years

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by tellwisdom: 9:01am On Sep 17, 2012
PhysicsQED:

You dey mind dat mumu pikin sad sad..BOKOHARAMIST
Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by Areaboy2(m): 9:04am On Sep 17, 2012
BlackPikiN: If there's anti_Japan protest in China, then [size=20pt]there will/must be a massive anti-China protest in Africa![/size]

Nonsense Chinese..

Are you ok? protest for what? do you have a reason or a cause? or you wana behave like the Islamic extremists that will protest and kill for a video they haven't seen?

Nonsense blackpikin. use ur head undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by logica(m): 9:05am On Sep 17, 2012
Tony Spike: The Chinese might be taking advantage of Japan's military principle of neutrality adopted since the end of the World War II. If it would take China's aggression to wake up and activate 'sleeping' Japan, then I forsee a great Asian-Pacific war in the coming years.
You talk as if they willingly took that position of "neutrality". You forget that they were subjugated and neutralized by the Americans. America will never allow the "awakening" of a "sleeping" Japan. They will continue to administer enough dose of sleeping pills to keep them asleep forever.
Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by Afam4eva(m): 9:06am On Sep 17, 2012
PhysicsQED:

I never knew we were until now..lol grin

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by pcnwamadi(m): 9:06am On Sep 17, 2012
Wen lion D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ sleep, goat wake am up, wetin d goat D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ find? Palava.. China should wake Japan, make dem go chek history oooh..

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by Intrepid1(m): 9:08am On Sep 17, 2012
Ahn! Ahn! God punish these chinko niggaz! See these slanty-eyed morrafackkers destroying brand new high-end jap cars. If dem no want make dem sell d motos give me make I open beta car shop for hia!

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by stepo707: 9:08am On Sep 17, 2012
Dont they have police there? undecided
Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by miracle4(m): 9:09am On Sep 17, 2012
this is really pathetic
Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by Areaboy2(m): 9:11am On Sep 17, 2012
Tony Spike: The Chinese have been militarily humiliated by the Japanese in war conflicts at least twice in the past 150 years. The first and second Sino-Japanese wars is an example of the strength of Japan. The Chinese might be taking advantage of Japan's military principle of neutrality adopted since the end of the World War II. If it would take China's aggression to wake up and activate 'sleeping' Japan, then I forsee a great Asian-Pacific war in the coming years.

LOL.. there will be no such. you're looking through the wrong lens mister. China is a super power in that region just as the united states is a super power in the Americas. No one sh1ts until china allows.

Japan was completely neutralized after the second world war by American occupation which lasted for years and until this day, american military bases are still in Japan. Japan is a shadow of itself now and they realised soon enough that war isn't the way towards development, rather advancement in technology is and we all can see the result of that

Defeating the soviets in the early part of 20th century and having the best navy in the pacific region, all that is gone now. China will scoop them up in weeks if they want.
Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by consultmartins(m): 9:12am On Sep 17, 2012
I wish Nigerians can be patriotic as these Chinese. cool cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by Nella(f): 9:13am On Sep 17, 2012
Am I d only one dat found 'chinese ppl demonstratin against japanese' as hillarious??

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by ayobase(m): 9:13am On Sep 17, 2012
This is so ODD....China and Japan.....RIVALRY on top wetin?....Technology or Sport?
Imagine Chin Seng fighting Xian Yiang!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by Nella(f): 9:16am On Sep 17, 2012
O n poster no nid to translate wat d signs say, we tottaly get it tongue

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by islamisevil1: 9:18am On Sep 17, 2012
Area_boy:

LOL.. there will be no such. you're looking through the wrong lens mister. China is a super power in that region just as the united states is a super power in the Americas. No one sh1ts until china allows.

Japan was completely neutralized after the second world war by American occupation which lasted for years and until this day, american military bases are still in Japan. Japan is a shadow of itself now and they realised soon enough that war isn't the way towards development, rather advancement in technology is and we all can see the result of that

Defeating the soviets in the early part of 20th century and having the best navy in the pacific region, all that is gone now. China will scoop them up in weeks if they want.

Japan is still the second largest economy in the world.

They can probably have nuclear weapons within 30 or 40 days if they put their mind to it.

And they are BFF with the current top dog, the USA. So if you fight Japan, you are also fighting the US.

If China picks a fight with Japan, they'll be fvcked.

There are two groups of people who I think it would be unwise to rile up...Germans and Japanese. Whoever decides to wake up either of those sleeping giants is a fool, in my opinion.

7 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by Afam4eva(m): 9:20am On Sep 17, 2012
islam_is_evil_:

Japan is still the second largest economy in the world.

They can probably have nuclear weapons within 30 or 40 days if they put their mind to it.

And they are BFF with the current top dog, the USA. So if you fight Japan, you are also fighting the US.

If China picks a fight with Japan, they'll be fvcked.

There are two groups of people who I think it would be unwise to rile up...Germans and Japanese. Whoever decides to wake up either of those sleeping giants is a fool, in my opinion.
I thought China had that title.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by logica(m): 9:22am On Sep 17, 2012
islam_is_evil_:
Guy forget all that. This ain't 1930. No super-power (meaning the US and their allies) will stand idle and allow either of the 2 to reach the levels of threat they presented back then.
Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by islamisfraud: 9:22am On Sep 17, 2012
Actually, you are correct. Japan is #3. However, the point still stands: they can militarize quite quickly. I don't think picking a fight with Japan would be very wise.
Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by islamisfraud: 9:25am On Sep 17, 2012
logica: Guy forget all that. This ain't 1930. No super-power (meaning the US and their allies) will stand idle and allow either of the 2 to reach the levels of threat they presented back then.

Germany and Japan are both US allies, though.

The US isn't going to say to Japan, "OK, we'll let China bully you and also won't allow you to militarize."

Heck, it might even be strategically advantageous for the US to have Japan ramp things up a bit, if it cannot contain China by itself.

In dealing with China, not only are the US and Japan on the same "team", but imo so is the rest of east Asia.
Re: Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China by knirojas: 9:28am On Sep 17, 2012
bg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Did The British Run An Empire With Such A Small Army? / France Legalises Same-sex Marriage / New US Ambassador, Nicholas Burns Arrives In Beijing Amid Tense Relations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.