Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance (6367 Views)

I Caught My Pastor-husband Naked, ‘counselling’ A Naked Church Member —wife / Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? / I Am Forced To Marry My Own Mother, What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by Dupsychic: 6:40am On Sep 18, 2012
Dear readers, I am in a relationship, about to get married next year. I have been dating my man for over 8 years, he proposed last year when we went on holiday to Paris. We both own our business, and we very okay financially. My man loves me very much, and I know he will do anything for me. The only problem I am having is my pastor is not happy about the relationship. I am in the choir and a committed member of my church. My pastor saw a vision during choir practice, and he called me to his office, saying my future husband is not the one for me, and the marriage will no last. He said he sees him walking away from the marriage, and I should not think about it.
Please continue...

Now, I am very confused, I love him very much, and I know that he won't hurt me. Should i take a huge risk leaving the man of my dreams, or listen to the man of God. My heart tells me to stay, we all know no marriage is perfect. I have invested so much in our relationship, we both have actually, and breaking his heart is the last thing i want to do. I am 29, and my man his 31. We are both ready to tie the knot. I have prayed about it, and honestly, I am ready to take a risk, and i have read articles, and people's testimonies that sometimes its better to follow your heart, and pastors can be wrong at times.

Now, what do you guys think?

Confused Bride To Be......
Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by kokosheen(m): 7:00am On Sep 18, 2012
In medical science, when situations arise that require critical decisions to be taken, one is advised to seek the opinion of another doctor. OP, I don't want to question your pastor's vision seeing prowess, but please, go to another church and get a validation of this said vision.

8 years no be yams!

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by safeact(m): 7:08am On Sep 18, 2012
If u can answer dis qtns then it will help u to get more insight to what is happening nd then get ur answer!

1.Who is dis ur я̩̥̊ Pastor? Is he another TB Joshua?
2.Can u vow or trust d autenticity of d pastor
3.Does dis pastor gain something inform cash, material or( even in kind) from u being single for special prayer?
4.Can u allow another to make a choice of suitor for u?
5.Do u have options to choose from?
6.Are u comfortable with your age now?

Beware of false prophets!!!!!

b

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by God2man(m): 7:11am On Sep 18, 2012
@poster, are you saying the truth? Is this story fabricated? I do not see any wisdom behind your pastor telling you who to marry, your pastor has no right to do that, your pastor should have said; sisiter, go and pray again. That's all. Using vision to establish the foundation of the marriage rather than Holy ghost conviction is inimical to the success of the marriage.

God bless you.
God2man.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 18, 2012

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 18, 2012
I am very sorry for asking this questions. I am not against your pastor.. (Infact I love those with such callings)

BUT I just have to ask:

°DO YOU PAY TITHE?
°HOW MUCH IS YOUR TITHE?
°ARE YOU AMONG THOSE WITH GOOD TITHES?
°ARE YOU A CHOIR LEADER?
°DID ANY MAN IN YOUR CHURCH APPROACHED YOU LATELY?
And most importantly,

Did you tell your pastor about this man before he saw that vision ?

Remember, no nairalander would come to your rescue when things go wrong, they can only insult your pastor online and tell you to move on since its your life.
"Ordinarily", what your pastor told you is right. Remember, you've been dating him for 7years. Which means you've been going to bed with him, fornicating on saturdays and grabbing the Holy ghost mic on sundays. C'mon, God is angry with you!

Ask him for forgiveness and tell that man to do same.
Nevertheless, am still expecting your answers.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 18, 2012
God2man: Using vision to establish the foundation of the marriage rather than Holy ghost conviction is inimical to the success of the marriage.
I don't understand.
Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 18, 2012
god is not a god of confusion,contradictions,waste of time and disorder,ur pastor claimed he saw vison of u and ur man,1st of all y dint he see vision d 1st or 2nd yr,its wen ure about tying d knots he is seeing vision and even if he is seeing vision,god will confirm d vision he made ur pastor see tru messages,human beings and talking to u.by d way ure not too big or little for god to talk too or show vision,therefore my beloved sister in order not to be a victim of deception,go to god in prayer to tell u or confirm to u whether d vision is from god or not and d motive of d pastor,God ansas prayers,sit in ur bedroom,pray and fast if u have to to seek d face of god,depending on what pastor a or b said will make u dia source of lunch and dinner,hear from god urself and not ur pastor because christianity is an individual journey,so is marriage because wen u stand bfor god to account for ur life u will not say my pastor said i should do dis or do dat and if anything goes wrong in ur marriage,u wont call ur pastor for everytin,poster when d bible says watch and pray,it means u should pray ant think,watch means think with ur interal and exteral eyes
Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 18, 2012
Is your Pastor aware of your relationship? Is he married ?please answer these questions before I will advice you on what to do.
Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by feminineA: 10:38am On Sep 18, 2012
Its not about what God told your pastor but what jesus is saying to you on the issue. Been a member of the choir I believe you should have a bit of spiritual sensitivity like the ability to hear from God. You mean for 8 years jesus didn't tell you to leave the man? Why now?
You can pray n fast yourself let God tell you his plans for your marital destiny.
Please make sure you get confirmation of what God wants for you for your marriage from another person or yourself coz out of two or more witness shall it be establish. 8 years is no joke
Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by greatgod2012(f): 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2012
as 4 me, i will follow my mind, 60% of what we woorry abt never happen.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:27pm On Sep 18, 2012
Dupsychic: Dear readers, I am in a relationship, about to get married next year. I have been dating my man for over 8 years, he proposed last year when we went on holiday to Paris. We both own our business, and we very okay financially. My man loves me very much, and I know he will do anything for me. The only problem I am having is my pastor is not happy about the relationship. I am in the choir and a committed member of my church. My pastor saw a vision during choir practice, and he called me to his office, saying my future husband is not the one for me, and the marriage will no last. He said he sees him walking away from the marriage, and I should not think about it.
Please continue...

The day Pastor interfere in my marriage that will be his last interference

Pastors are not God

8 years No vision, now you are ready to tie the knot then comes a vision......... wrong time......... too late.

Probably i am sure the same Pastor have another option for you, maybe his younger brother or relations.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by vanitty: 1:43pm On Sep 18, 2012
Dupsychic,
You are not deaf, God can speak to you yourself
Let God speak to you directly, seek his face and He will direct your path
Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by jayjam(m): 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2012
was the pastor nt aware of the relatnshp b4 it got to ths stage?if he was,y didnt he tel u dis,now dat u ar set to marry hm,he's come up wit a vision.i suspects the pastor is eyeing u oh my 6ta.contact anoda pastor if d nid be
Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 18, 2012
@OP

listen,
as a Christian, i would not advise that you ignore the advice of your pastor..

but like someone said, our GOD is not an author of confusion, he will speak again as long as you are willing to listen.
go on your knees and ask God to speak to you in a language you can understand, if you pray with all sincerity, i am sure
he will speak.
his ears are not deaf that he cannot hear you.

in times like this, your pastor's vision should not be final.
you must get your own conviction from the same God.

the question is considering the time spent in this relationship, are you willing to accept
what God is ready to reveal to you.

infact i will suggest you ask the holy spirit to confirm it from a the mouth of a child.
as silly as it sounds to (unbelievers), you will be amazed what a prayer offered in faith and sincerity can do.

May the Lord direct your paths.
Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 18, 2012
Dupsychic: Dear readers, I am in a relationship, about to get married next year. I have been dating my man for over 8 years, he proposed last year when we went on holiday to Paris. We both own our business, and we very okay financially. My man loves me very much, and I know he will do anything for me. The only problem I am having is my pastor is not happy about the relationship. I am in the choir and a committed member of my church. My pastor saw a vision during choir practice, and he called me to his office, saying my future husband is not the one for me, and the marriage will no last. He said he sees him walking away from the marriage, and I should not think about it.
Please continue...

Now, I am very confused, I love him very much, and I know that he won't hurt me. Should i take a huge risk leaving the man of my dreams, or listen to the man of God. My heart tells me to stay, we all know no marriage is perfect. I have invested so much in our relationship, we both have actually, and breaking his heart is the last thing i want to do. I am 29, and my man his 31. We are both ready to tie the knot. I have prayed about it, and honestly, I am ready to take a risk, and i have read articles, and people's testimonies that sometimes its better to follow your heart, and pastors can be wrong at times.

Your pastor is out of his mind, sorry to say that! Just rememeber: even people who pretend to be men of God can be devils in disguise.

You and your fiance have been dating each other for 8 yrs + you are both grown ups = you probably very well know what you are doing and what is good for you.
Listen to your heart honey. It's your life!!!

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2012
OP,

Nothing against your Pastor but I will advice you to marry your man. We once read the story of a young man whose pastor disapproved of all his girlfriends only for the pastor to say that God wanted the young man to marry his (Pastor's) daughter. Just because the young man was doing well financially.

Maybe Pastor fears that if you marry that man, he will take you to another church and he will loose your tithe and offerings. Christainity is a relationship with God and not man. If you and your man go ahead and get married, God will bless your union and no man (including your Pastor and his visions) can put your union assunder. All you need is to invite God into your union as I believe both of you are Christains.
Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2012
I just have this one question for those who seem to think a Pastor helping them make decisions is of God. Where in the Bible does God actually have a pastor go to someone to say that he/she should not do something? I thought God gives people(those affected) the visions he needs them to see of what he wants of them, and if they refuse, he sends another with a 'cryptic' message that only those who need the message will understand/correctly decipher?

I mean this 'cheapening' of God going on with Nigerians is really disgusting. Jesus, whom Christianity is based on, ALWAYS made sure to tell people to go to the father DIRECTLY. Not on one occassion did he send people to a pastor, or a third party for the response they need from God. Yet, here we are with a generation that has essentially chosen to create for themselves gods out of mere men, men who they place between them and God . . .one does not have to look far to find the problem with Christ ianity in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by pharuk: 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2012
OP,

Read your bible, God will always show you your future, the days of using a prophet to warn the people are all left in the old testament, when Jesus died, the bible said the curtain was torn in 2.

U have direct access to your God, a pastor is a guide who can oversee you and teach you how to listen to the voice of God..

Tired of new generation pastors saying crap based on their feelings and preconception.

Had a someone who prophesied into my life some years back that i will be a failure, he then suggested my parents open a shop for me to sell provision or some bloody crap.
10 years later, I’ve got a masters in one of the top uni`s in the world, working in a fortune 50 company and happily married.
In summary,
Whose report will you believe?

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by weaseloo: 4:36pm On Sep 18, 2012
Sometimes I don't understand why we have to be running around going for pastor's vision where Jesus has given you the same direct access as He gave the pastors. Approach God yourself, get rid of your sins, straighten out your life and ask Him with FAITH, He will answer you.
Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by drnoel: 3:32pm On Sep 19, 2012
Please continue...

I will be plain about my sentiments and don't really care who I will be hurting when I say this. Tell ur pastor 2 go xxxx himself. If ur man of 8 yrs is going 2 walk out on u later, would u not want that 2 be both ur decision, would u not want it 2 be ur experience with him and no 3rd parties involved. I tell people, "4get what these pastors say, live ur life and enjoy with in d right way". Its ur decision but I tell u, it would hurt like mad if u walk away without knowing if what the pastor told u if true or not. Besides, most of the stuffs these pastors say is not from God. Remember, they are also men and are moved by worldly things.
Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by omosexy1: 4:24pm On Sep 19, 2012
kulyie: god is not a god of confusion,contradictions,waste of time and disorder,ur pastor claimed he saw vison of u and ur man,1st of all y dint he see vision d 1st or 2nd yr,its wen ure about tying d knots he is seeing vision and even if he is seeing vision,god will confirm d vision he made ur pastor see tru messages,human beings and talking to u.by d way ure not too big or little for god to talk too or show vision,therefore my beloved sister in order not to be a victim of deception,go to god in prayer to tell u or confirm to u whether d vision is from god or not and d motive of d pastor,God ansas prayers,sit in ur bedroom,pray and fast if u have to to seek d face of god,depending on what pastor a or b said will make u dia source of lunch and dinner,hear from god urself and not ur pastor because christianity is an individual journey,so is marriage because wen u stand bfor god to account for ur life u will not say my pastor said i should do dis or do dat and if anything goes wrong in ur marriage,u wont call ur pastor for everytin,poster when d bible says watch and pray,it means u should pray ant think,watch means think with ur interal and exteral eyes

Just do exactly what this person has said
Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:45pm On Sep 19, 2012
acidosis™:
I am very sorry for asking this question. I am not against your pastor.. (Infact I love those with such callings)

BUT I just have to ask:

°DO YOU PAY TITHE?
°HOW MUCH IS YOUR TITHE?
°ARE YOU AMONG THOSE WITH GOOD TITHES?
°ARE YOU A CHOIR LEADER?
°DID ANY MAN IN YOUR CHURCH APPROACHED YOU LATELY?
And most importantly,

Did you tell your pastor about this man before he saw that vision ?

Remember, no nairalander would come to your rescue when things go wrong, they can only insult your pastor online and tell you to move on since its your life.
"Ordinarily", what your pastor told you is right. Remember, you've been dating him for 7years. Which means you've been going to bed with him, fornicating on saturdays and grabbing the Holy ghost mic on sundays. C'mon, God is angry with you!

Ask him for forgiveness and tell that man to do same.
Nevertheless, am still expecting your answers.

You lack every cent of knowledge,understanding and wisdom.

Why are you used to stupid questions?
Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by nwababy: 9:32pm On Sep 19, 2012
My dear.all dis fake pastors wants to send couples to doom.my sis,s frd went to a one calabar pastor and he saw a vision about how d girl wil marry a particular man(tall and huge)and he specified d month she will marry.the girl later met the man as described but did they marry super story.the man was looking for woman to marry him.end of story.that same pastor told me that a man that I have dated for more than 8years is not my husband.he said he said he is seeing me in riverline area.someone introduced a rich man based in onitsha to me.he was practical pleasing with me to visit but I refused.when he saw that am not ready to come(cos I really love my man)is only God that can remember the names and insults I received from him.to shorten my story,the man wasn't only arrogant but a rude fool.My dear don't ever leave a man you have stayed with for so long for who you hav barely met.except you already hav a doubt about him.meanwhile am preparing by his special grace of God to marry the man I love.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 19, 2012
pharuk: OP,

Read your bible, God will always show you your future, the days of using a prophet to warn the people are all left in the old testament, when Jesus died, the bible said the curtain was torn in 2.

U have direct access to your God, a pastor is a guide who can oversee you and teach you how to listen to the voice of God..

Tired of new generation pastors saying crap based on their feelings and preconception.

Had a someone who prophesied into my life some years back that i will be a failure, he then suggested my parents open a shop for me to sell provision or some bloody crap.
10 years later, I’ve got a masters in one of the top uni`s in the world, working in a fortune 50 company and happily married.
In summary,
Whose report will you believe?
1 The days are not gone man. Read your Bible very well and stop saying what you don't understand. What happens to Paul the apostle sending warnings and God's instructions to the Romans, Corinths, to Timothy etc. . ?

2. Yes she has direct access to my God only when she stop fornicating. Its 7years + but my God is a merciful God.
But as long as she's not ready to repent, then her Pastor will always dictate to her, and you know what, there is absolutely nothing you and I can do about it.
Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

You lack every cent of knowledge,understanding and wisdom.

Why are you used to stupid questions?

How long did it take you to come up with this one?

Well I don't know what makes you so dumb but.. it really works.
Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 19, 2012
kulyie: god is not a god of confusion,contradictions,waste of time and disorder,ur pastor claimed he saw vison of u and ur man,1st of all y dint he see vision d 1st or 2nd yr,its wen ure about tying d knots he is seeing vision and even if he is seeing vision,god will confirm d vision he made ur pastor see tru messages,human beings and talking to u.by d way ure not too big or little for god to talk too or show vision,therefore my beloved sister in order not to be a victim of deception,go to god in prayer to tell u or confirm to u whether d vision is from god or not and d motive of d pastor.

Eh.. How do I start explaining this,

You dare not go to God in prayer when you already have someone you love/lust after in mind, otherwise you'll end up staying 40days starving thinking you're fasting.
Wait, what do you expect her to hear from "God" ?that the man is not the right man?? hehe. . All she'll see in her "vision" mind is sex. . .sex. .the way they sex. .sex. .last week monday, the kiss. .kiss. .the gifts. .the giftss etc. .

My broda, make we no deceive ourself,

Going to God works better when your mind is neutral
Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:46pm On Sep 19, 2012
acidosis™:

How long did it take you to come up with this one?

Well I don't know what makes you so dumb but.. it really works.

Fool
Must you talk when you have nothing to say?
Ode asking jamb questions.
Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by Confilass: 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2012
I'll tell u to go ahead and follow ur mind. Pray and seek d face of God, ur pastor is not God.

If I tell u the stories of ppl ve seen or know dat says man of God says "marry is ur hubby" he heard from God u'll neva listen to dat.

Go ahead with ur wedding and forget stories. Just go into it with d mind dat nothing will happen and l can tell u it'll be blissful. With all these years, I know u know d guys background vis-vis-a shekina
Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 20, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

Fool
Must you talk when you have nothing to say?
Ode asking jamb questions.
I hand you over to the devil, man.
Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by dayokanu(m): 6:12pm On Sep 20, 2012
Is your Pastor married?

You can marry your pastor

Toast your Pastor and see if he would gree
Re: My Pastor Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiance by blank(f): 9:27pm On Sep 29, 2012
Superstory.

I have seen this topic before.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Having A Family...a Lesson From My Security Guard. / Adult Male Mountain Bike. 18-speed, 21k / Mother Or Father: Who Do You Love Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.