Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Yahclick Internet Service - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Yahclick Internet Service (18021 Views)

Crazy For Speed? Then Yahclick / Best (vsat) Internet Service Provider In Nigeria / Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahclick Internet Service by jdoss: 10:47am On Sep 18, 2012
Coollink seems to be doing a lot of advertising of this service on the radio, and it sounds very interesting.
I have been doing a lot of reading online, but I have been unable to find reviews of the service. I am interested in what speeds people actually get and how it compares to the plan one is on. I have spoken to 4 people at coollink, and they all refuse to send me a price list. The most I could get out of them was that the equipment might cost around N75,000 and that the 10Mbps service might cost between N30,000 and N35,000.

Please if anyone has any more concrete information on the service, it would be appreciated. I would be interested in Hyperias prices as well. Has anyone actually used the service?
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by ukachimo: 12:03pm On Sep 18, 2012
jdoss: Coollink seems to be doing a lot of advertising of this service on the radio, and it sounds very interesting.
I have been doing a lot of reading online, but I have been unable to find reviews of the service. I am interested in what speeds people actually get and how it compares to the plan one is on. I have spoken to 4 people at coollink, and they all refuse to send me a price list. The most I could get out of them was that the equipment might cost around N75,000 and that the 10Mbps service might cost between N30,000 and N35,000.

Please if anyone has any more concrete information on the service, it would be appreciated. I would be interested in Hyperias prices as well. Has anyone actually used the service?
l couldn't upload de pricelist, send me address so l forward you what l have. please mail me with ukachimo@yahoo.com or call 08094684524 for more enquiries.
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by ukachimo: 12:04pm On Sep 18, 2012
here's it. place page 1 & 4 side by side to make sense of it.

Re: Yahclick Internet Service by jdoss: 12:23pm On Sep 18, 2012
@ukachimo

Thanks a lot, really appreciate it. The installation costs seem a little high for home users when you compare what else is on the market. Although, having a 10Mbps line in Nigeria would be really nice. Are you a reseller?
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by ukachimo: 12:28pm On Sep 18, 2012
jdoss: @ukachimo

Thanks a lot, really appreciate it. The installation costs seem a little high for home users when you compare what else is on the market. Although, having a 10Mbps line in Nigeria would be really nice. Are you a reseller?
Hyperia is using resellers to market the product and l am one. The reason l asked u to either call or mail me, location has a lot do with installation fee.
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by Djcn: 4:59pm On Sep 19, 2012
jdoss: @ukachimo

From your review, what do you have to say? I know they using KA band, but dont find the prices impressive.
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by jdoss: 9:39pm On Sep 19, 2012
@Djcn

I wish there was somewhere I could go to test the service. Seeing a speedtest would be really cool.
I don't think the prices are the issue, I think the major problem is the cost of the equipment and installation. I live in Lagos, and my home ISP options are:
Swift
Mobitel
Spectranet
Cobranet
Dopc Unwired

The fastest service you can get of all those is 2Mbps. All day plans range from 12k for 7Gb and go up from there.
Yahclick is offering a 10Mbps line with 18GB for 28k with unlimited download between 1am and 6am(with that speed, i could download most of the 18GB in one night). For the speed, I think the price is reasonable. I would have called someone to install this thing in my house, but that 130k installation no easy. If the installation price was lower, this service would be a real problem for most ISPs. As it is, I think those that can afford the install will really enjoy the service.
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by jdoss: 11:36am On Sep 20, 2012
@Djcn

I'm not really sure why my post was hidden, but what I essentially said was that:

*For the speed and data allowance(plus a free daily download period), the price is actually good.
*The real issue is the cost of getting on the network. For the 10Mbps line you are looking at 160k(install+service) in the first month.
*With that sort of entry barrier(not mass market pricing at all), those that do have the service will probably get what they are paying for(network wont be crowded)
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by Maleeq(m): 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2012
jdoss: @Djcn

I'm not really sure why my post was hidden, but what I essentially said was that:
Sorry about that...it was wrongly flagged by the bot. Fixed now!

1 Like

Re: Yahclick Internet Service by tunde300us(m): 12:57pm On Sep 20, 2012
Mind you people,this things are not dedicated oh,so even if you have the 10Mmbps plan you cant get that much at night when you have the free download period.But all in all its a great product for those who reside in lowly penetrated areas via fibre to get something reasonably fast
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by ukachimo: 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2012
Sorry guys, l am a bit busy and was not following 4 sometime. There has been a Price Review by Hyperia and here is it. Installation for users within Lagos is #35,000.00 and will vary according to your location outside Lagos. Finally by Monday, l'll be able to upload a speed test from one of our sites for you to see, but i think this is the real thing for those who understand this thing.
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by ukachimo: 12:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
sorry the file is too large to come on, l'll do it later. But generally, the Home User Dish is 79,800.00 while there is a slight upward adjustment of price of monthly subscription for data plans, like the 10mbps which was 28,000.00 is now 30,000.00 and so on. Just give me time, and l'll upload it.
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by ukachimo: 6:45pm On Sep 21, 2012
Hyperia New Pricelist

Re: Yahclick Internet Service by ukachimo: 8:40pm On Oct 18, 2012
AT LAST! a speed test on a 2mbps site. Location: Obudu, Cross Rivers State

Re: Yahclick Internet Service by ukachimo: 10:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
WELL THE SPEEDTEST, AND I WILL GET MORE AS SOON AS I CAN.
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by ukachimo: 9:10am On Oct 31, 2012
ok now
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by WafaNet: 7:00pm On Nov 25, 2012
Please check our yahclick pricing
Www.wafa.ae
It has a quick link to nigeria ka band.
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by ukachimo: 7:34pm On Nov 25, 2012
How about taking away Dollar exchange hassles and just work with the Naira Values on this pricelist

Re: Yahclick Internet Service by ukachimo: 8:18am On Nov 27, 2012
Hope to upload a speedtest shot of a 10mbps site soon.
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by tunde300us(m): 9:10am On Nov 27, 2012
What is the contention ratio of this yahsat stuff.I notice it is not stated
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by ukachimo: 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2012
tunde300us: What is the contention ratio of this yahsat stuff.I notice it is not stated

In computer networking, the contention ratio is the ratio of the potential maximum demand to the actual bandwidth. The higher the contention ratio, the greater the number of users that may be trying to use the actual bandwidth at any one time and, therefore, the lower the effective bandwidth offered, especially at peak times.

The "contention ratio" is the maximum number of other people you will have to share the connection infrastructure with. So a contention ratio of 50:1 would mean that the maximum number of people you could be sharing the connection with at anytime is 49 other people. If all 50 people were downloading at the same time then your download speed could drop hugely, in reality though this doesn't happen and you can enjoy much faster download speeds.

- Ka-band technology opens the door to fresh and exciting Nigerian Broadband markets
- Can offer an affordable and quality broadband service in the un-serviced and underserviced rural areas of the Country
- Can install broadband and VOIP in one day in the coverage area
- Voice friendly and enjoy quality of service
- The service is not limited by contention ratios like ADSL

1 Like

Re: Yahclick Internet Service by Maleeq(m): 3:36pm On Nov 27, 2012
ukachimo:

In computer networking, the contention ratio is the ratio of the potential maximum demand to the actual bandwidth. The higher the contention ratio, the greater the number of users that may be trying to use the actual bandwidth at any one time and, therefore, the lower the effective bandwidth offered, especially at peak times.

The "contention ratio" is the maximum number of other people you will have to share the connection infrastructure with. So a contention ratio of 50:1 would mean that the maximum number of people you could be sharing the connection with at anytime is 49 other people. If all 50 people were downloading at the same time then your download speed could drop hugely, in reality though this doesn't happen and you can enjoy much faster download speeds.

- Ka-band technology opens the door to fresh and exciting Nigerian Broadband markets
- Can offer an affordable and quality broadband service in the un-serviced and underserviced rural areas of the Country
- Can install broadband and VOIP in one day in the coverage area
- Voice friendly and enjoy quality of service
- The service is not limited by contention ratios like ADSL
It's either you are dodging @tunde300us's question, or you don't get it! He isn't asking for the textbook definition of Contention Ratio, but that of your services, as its apparent this service is a shared service, right?
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by tunde300us(m): 4:28pm On Nov 27, 2012
@ukachimo,dont knw why ure writing so much grammar to a question that requires just a line of answer.Like i asked again,what is the contention ratio of this service ? or it is a dedicated bandwidth?

I didnt ask you for copy and paste answer and for ur info i am not an end user neither am i just into this stuff yesterday.I have 8yrs of VSAT experience and so u rent talking to a dummie here.
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by ukachimo: 7:29pm On Nov 27, 2012
Sorry if l seem to be dodging the question, l feel you are not the only one reading this thread and guess some people may not understand the term you choose for your question. But if the question is as simple as Shared or Dedicated, then it is Shared Service.

1 Like

Re: Yahclick Internet Service by tunde300us(m): 7:46pm On Nov 27, 2012
Ok,if i am sharing it,then how many users am i sharing it with at peak periods, cos that is the bone of contention.
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by ukachimo: 7:56pm On Nov 27, 2012
There's no contention ratio per se. It is not a share of bandwidth as we know it, rather a share of spot beams.So it can work as 1:4, 1:5, 1:10 etc. Giving good and reliable internet. You can have lower contentions.
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by ukachimo: 9:45am On Nov 30, 2012
Enjoy internet up to 10mbps on the downlink @ just 32,000
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by tunde300us(m): 12:02pm On Nov 30, 2012
With 25 users how do i get 10mbps sir.
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by ukachimo: 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2012
All users are structured to use the system equitably courtesy Fair Access Policy (FAP), thereby eliminating situations where 10% users will make internet experience of 90% others miserable. And so where you have variations, the deviation from the quoted speed will be minimal, like the speed l posted earlier on 2mbps system, l am still waiting to get a speed test on a 10mbps site to update this thread with then you can give your verdict.
Re: Yahclick Internet Service by ukachimo: 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
check this too

Re: Yahclick Internet Service by ukachimo: 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2012
ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access / How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot / How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Computer And Drives.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.