Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,026 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Need Advice About This Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Need Advice About This Website (766 Views)

Who Did This Website / Need Advice About Social Site Development / Plz Need Urgent Advice About I T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice About This Website by MisterMan(m): 12:00pm On Sep 18, 2012
Hi Friends,

A friend of mine is into music. He has just released his second album. I want to help him create ringtones so he will have multiple streams of income; selling both the album and the ringtones. I love the way MTN and other sell ringtones by use of shortcode and I want to go that route. This is simplicity at best. I want a situation where people will get SMS informing them of ringtones. They on their own will send a code to that shoetcode. They will get the ringtone and the money will go to the musician's account. Creating ringtone is not really a problem. Does anyone know how the money for the ringtone will eventually land in his account. Will anybody be good enough to explain the general outline, not really the technical aspect per se. I want simplicity- just like MTN. User gets SMS message, texts a number to a shortcode. He gets the ringtone and my money lands in my friends account. Is something like this possible. As we are living in a global village, I want Nigerians in Diaspora to be able to do same. Will appreciate it much if some kind soul who have ideas to share it. Thanks.
Re: Need Advice About This Website by sarutobi: 1:09pm On Sep 18, 2012
do a quick search on google. Simple. But be ready to spend some money sha and i think you will also need to collaborate with GSM service providers too. It aint gonna be beans oo
Re: Need Advice About This Website by Hadeyemy: 7:42am On Sep 19, 2012
Yha, you are right, but you need to do some thorough research on google.b'cos there are many scams out there and also be ready to spend some money.
Re: Need Advice About This Website by MisterMan(m): 12:18pm On Sep 27, 2012
Thanks for all the reply. I don't think this is the kind of request one can Google. Perhaps, I should use MTN's MobileMoney. I just want the whole thing to be as simple as possible. I was just hoping there would be a service provider like Eyowo and VoguePay, but in this case, when the money is deducted from the airtime, it land's in my friend's accout
Re: Need Advice About This Website by a1solution: 4:29pm On Sep 27, 2012
this ur question na jamb question o cos wthout the help of service providers sending people unsolicited sms would result to bein traced as a hacker (spam). and nobody would take you serious. though you may succeed. good luck
Re: Need Advice About This Website by dav8id(m): 8:01pm On Sep 27, 2012
Register with shortcode provider companies, the startup capital starting 4rom N70K and above
Re: Need Advice About This Website by rufaai(m): 10:33pm On Sep 27, 2012
MisterMan: Hi Friends,

A friend of mine is into music. He has just released his second album. I want to help him create ringtones so he will have multiple streams of income; selling both the album and the ringtones. I love the way MTN and other sell ringtones by use of shortcode and I want to go that route. This is simplicity at best. I want a situation where people will get SMS informing them of ringtones. They on their own will send a code to that shoetcode. They will get the ringtone and the money will go to the musician's account. Creating ringtone is not really a problem. Does anyone know how the money for the ringtone will eventually land in his account. Will anybody be good enough to explain the general outline, not really the technical aspect per se. I want simplicity- just like MTN. User gets SMS message, texts a number to a shortcode. He gets the ringtone and my money lands in my friends account. Is something like this possible. As we are living in a global village, I want Nigerians in Diaspora to be able to do same. Will appreciate it much if some kind soul who have ideas to share it. Thanks.

Well I think what you are looking for is content providers like MTech Nigeria. The company sells most of the callertunes and ringtones that Networks like MTN, Glo Etisalat etc provide to you via short codes. You can contact them for more details. There website is www.mtechcomm.com

By the way, you have a misleading topic title. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Wordpress Payment API Help Needed / 5 Most Useless Website On The Internet / How To Insert Adsense After Blogger First Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.