Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,814 members, 7,827,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Borno Attorney-General Assassinated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno Attorney-General Assassinated (9388 Views)

APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General / Top General Assassinated In Burundi / Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 18, 2012
The Attorney General of Borno State, Mr. Zanna Mallam Gana was Monday night shot dead by yet to be identified gunmen.

According to a report published in the Leadership newspaper’s online edition, Gana was killed at about 8.30pm, in his hometown, Bama, some kilometers from the Maiduguri headquarters of the terrorist group, Boko Haram.

He was in the company of Alhaji Abba Yerima, the former chairman of PDP of Bama Local Government of Borno State, who recently defected to the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP). Yerima is being treated in a local hospital, the paper said.

The funeral of the late Attorney General is billed to take place today in Bama, about 100 kilometers from Maiduguri.

It is however unclear why he was assassinated.

http://www.thewillnigeria.com/politics/16190-Borno-Attorney-General-Assassinated.html
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by jhydebaba(m): 12:56pm On Sep 18, 2012
Killings too many. May God deliver us in this country.
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 18, 2012
Inna lillahi wa inna lillahi wa rujuin. Hope I‘m right.

3 Likes

Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 18, 2012
at about the same time yesterday, in Azare, Bauchi state, BH was killing somebody behind Yayale's house. But nobody s reporting this! I think the guy no get name for Naija grin but true, he was killed while about to have his last prayer for the day!
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by lacasa: 1:22pm On Sep 18, 2012
God rest his Soul.

This country dun tire person
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by gegee(m): 1:23pm On Sep 18, 2012
why na ! why all this killing for God sake !! angry angry
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by omiobo: 1:24pm On Sep 18, 2012
RIP
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by miteolu(m): 1:25pm On Sep 18, 2012
So this Boko Haram gets headquarters of the terrorist group, Boko Haram and government fails to take action. na wa o
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by Daunashamed(m): 1:27pm On Sep 18, 2012
So sad, shortly after the begining of another judicial year, hope the police can come up with something to put the perpetrators of this evil act to book. RIP to the dead.
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by crackhouse(m): 1:31pm On Sep 18, 2012
I am tired of posting RIPs. Why are they killing human beings like they are fowls. GOD pls help us. *weeping*.
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by 1forall: 1:31pm On Sep 18, 2012
cogitoErgo: at about the same time yesterday, in Azare, Bauchi state, BH was killing somebody behind Yayale's house. But nobody's reporting this! I think the guy no get name for Naija grin but true, he was killed while about to have his last prayer for the day!

Regarding the bolded, it was reported by Saharareporters to be a former prisons official here http://saharareporters.com/news-page/former-nigerian-comptroller-general-prisons-shot-leaving-mosque

A land where the law is applied selectively and at will and mainly to oppress those that can't buy their way through is failed and heading steadily towards anarchy. Where there is no justice there can never be peace. Instead, dumb looking Joe is busy begging governors to donate money for Bamanga Tukur's book launch!

Criminality is exceedingly prevalent but amazingly ignored as it appears nothing serious is being done about it. Criminals are gettin braver and more defiant as the stories are more frequent and increasing in shock value.

What we have right now friends is a failed government!
If we ALL take the law into our hands right now there's nothing this govt can do to stop us.

3 Likes

Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by GARRIx7(m): 1:31pm On Sep 18, 2012
It is however unclear why he was assassinated.
I'm sure Jonathan's Brothers (Boko Haram) will claim responsibility soon enough
undecidedundecided undecided
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by crackhouse(m): 1:31pm On Sep 18, 2012
I am tired of posting RIPs. Why are they killing human beings like they are fowls. GOD pls help us. *weeping*
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by dasparrow: 1:42pm On Sep 18, 2012
@Post

That's terrible. No respect for human life in our world today.
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by velo10: 1:42pm On Sep 18, 2012
Borno state is getting to be one of the most dangerous places in the world
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by 1025: 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2012
this is a welcome development if u ask me. all these top governmental agents shld be killed at sight. i will like to see in my time, a nigeria where politics and govt appointments will not be the most lucrative business in nigeria. i will love to see where ppl will be given appointments and they will say no instead of lobbying for appointments.
i am happy that one is gone and others to follow.
let these killers concentrate on the top class citizens instead of killing the poor suffering masses.
another way this type of killing will change things is that they will now start looking for solutions but if it were to be the poor ones, nobody will care to publish it in the papers or do anything about it.
like i said, it is a welcome developmet.

1 Like

Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by sylve11: 2:01pm On Sep 18, 2012
Rest on brother! sad cool
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by olede: 2:09pm On Sep 18, 2012
It is very unfortunate that some people are hiding under the current security challanges to commit atrocity. They should know that, he that kill with sword shall also die with sword. Most of the present Leaders went to power with sword and so the sword is hounting them and our security operative are not helping matters. RIP to the death.
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by ismhab(m): 2:11pm On Sep 18, 2012
lucenzo: Inna lillahi wa inna lillahi wa rujuin. Hope I‘m right.
I am sorry my brother, you are not right.
It is like this:
Inna lillahi wa inna illaihi raji'un.

1 Like

Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by Wsdm: 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2012
The solution to all these is with the government.The police is grossly underfunded,Just of recent the civil defense corp's weapons were hijacked and a sketchy report had it that a serving minister was involved in gun running(allegation and counter allegations) now the tempo is slow on that again.If this is true, can we say he was taking it to the security agencies? Since the inception of this administration even though it has faced a very great security treat has not implemented more than 20% of the police budget per annum. We all know that security treat abounds everywhere in the world, but let the government be proactive at least now...R.I.P.
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2012
-1 = better place
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by Oceemo(m): 2:33pm On Sep 18, 2012
jhydebaba: Killings too many. May God deliver us in this country.
men nt jst in diz country, its a world wide tin nw my broz only GOD can help usz.. Human death nw d like say na goat or oda type of animal na im die..
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by sissa: 2:45pm On Sep 18, 2012
R.I.P
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by Ramcie(f): 2:52pm On Sep 18, 2012
I see more of assassinations here. Am sure some people are using this medium to assassinate and Boko Haram would claim responsibility or rather, they would calim it's Boko Haram. rubbish. A girl fom Maiduguri once said " with 15,000naira, you have have a person killed in my state" . How pathetic cry cry
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by kaeto(m): 3:08pm On Sep 18, 2012
They should please extend this hand of fellowship to abia state where insanity has become the order of the day. Our politicians need the death swipe.

1 Like

Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by conyema12(m): 3:34pm On Sep 18, 2012
RIP Gana
The BH beast that was nurtured at infantry stage has outgrown the owners.
I believe that more stake holders will definitely be affected in future.
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by gbadexy(m): 4:29pm On Sep 18, 2012
Political killing!
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by Vincent41(m): 4:43pm On Sep 18, 2012
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2012
What is unusual about this that every comment seems to be screamimg 'blue murder!'
Na from clap dem dey enta dance. The beautiful ones are not yet born.
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by AdeniyiA(m): 7:08pm On Sep 18, 2012
crackhouse: I am tired of posting RIPs. Why are they killing human beings like they are fowls. GOD pls help us. *weeping*.
sorry o, pele o
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by yohannazack(m): 9:57pm On Sep 18, 2012
The act of terrorism is not perculiar to nigeria. Lets bear it. Who made this statemen? A 100 USD fo u.
Re: Borno Attorney-General Assassinated by AtbuAbdul(m): 4:18am On Sep 19, 2012
lucenzo: Inna lillahi wa inna lillahi wa rujuin. Hope I‘m right.
it's Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raaji'un.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Group Gives Buhari 14-day Ultimatum To Prosecute Goje / Obaseki Suspends Another Council Chairman Over Corruption Allegations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.