Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing (10584 Views)

Edo Lawmakers Walk Out Commissioner For Improper Dressing - / APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General / Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by youngies(m): 5:28am On Nov 25, 2012
The Ebonyi State Governor, Martin Elechi, yesterday suspended the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Dr Ben Igwenyi, with two other commissioners for improper dressing.

A statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Onyekachi Eni, named the two commissioners as Hyacinth Ikpo,

Commissioner for Culture and Tourism and Mr. Chukwuma Nwandiugo, (Works and Transport).

The commissioners were said to have dressed casually to a state banquet organised for the members of the Society of Gynaecologists and Obstetrics of Nigeria (SOGON) at the Government House on Friday night.

According to the statement, the suspension was for a period of three months. The statement further directed the commissioners not to attend any state function throughout the duration of their suspension.

The governor was said to have been enraged by the commissioners’ lacklustre dressing to the occasion which had in attendance members of SOGON from various states of the federation which seemed to portray a bad image of the state in the eyes of the visitors.

Sources close to Government House revealed that the suspension is without pay, adding that the commissioners have been directed to hand over all government properties in their possession to their permanent secretaries.

When our correspondent visited the official residence of one of the commissioners, hundreds of men and women especially from his hometown were seen in clusters discussing the suspension and a possible solution to the problem.

One of the early callers, Mr. Ifeanyi Chukwu, said the announcement came to them as a big surprise. “Our son since his appointment has been dressing in a manner that portrays him as a man of high integrity. He has represented the state government at many functions and what happened may be a little oversight.”

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/3131-ebonyi-gov-suspends-attorney-general-two-other-commissioners-for-improper-dressing
Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by GeJ79: 6:02am On Nov 25, 2012
LETS GIVE THEM SOME LITTLE TIME THEY WILL TELL US WHAT REALLY HAPPENED.......

11 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by Engineer96(m): 6:03am On Nov 25, 2012
Indecent dressing is not for females alone. Males as well.
Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by ebamma3: 6:03am On Nov 25, 2012
this governor wan use play play sack those guys e be like say them get quarrel with am
Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by salafiyy: 6:04am On Nov 25, 2012
IS THIS THE SOLUTION TO THE PROLEMS OF THE STATE OR THE COUNTARY AS A WHOLE?...

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by Olodo1: 6:29am On Nov 25, 2012
Discipline is good but bad discipline st.U.Pid.

Sent from my Galaxy S IV

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by martyns303(m): 6:34am On Nov 25, 2012
Imagine having to punish grown men cos they couldn't dress appropriately, sounds like secondary school, jss 1-3. And the idea of a Gov. Having such power over judiciary members don't go well with me, how can they prosecute him rightly if the need arises.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 25, 2012
Thats very lame.

The punishment is more than the offence.

The Governor himself should be punished for bad and inept leadership.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by fitzmayowa: 6:56am On Nov 25, 2012
salafiyy: IS THIS THE SOLUTION TO THE PROLEMS OF THE STATE OR THE COUNTARY AS A WHOLE?...
I wonder o, i feel there is more to this. in due course we get to know what actually happened.

Sent from blackberry from G***imobile
Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by FdsunnEX(m): 6:57am On Nov 25, 2012
Hmmm na God oo

Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by P4VS20: 7:20am On Nov 25, 2012
salafiyy: IS THIS THE SOLUTION TO THE PROLEMS OF THE STATE OR THE COUNTARY AS A WHOLE?...

I TIRE OH!
Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by atikubaba(m): 7:21am On Nov 25, 2012
the 'offense' is far outweigh the punishment.
nonsense
Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by mu2sa2: 7:27am On Nov 25, 2012
the governor was not arbitrary as some people might think. the Public Service Rules, which applies to both civil servants and political office holders, provides for a dress code but it is rarely enforced. The commissioners were required to dress properly to the occassion, being an official event. As heads of their establishmnts they were supposed to lead by example, not dress like motor park touts. Their act amounts to misconduct under the PSR and the punishment meted out is one of the sanctions provided. It is not only women that should dress decently, men too.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by larrymoore(m): 7:28am On Nov 25, 2012
The commissioners wore trainers under aso-ebi

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by gbadexy(m): 7:34am On Nov 25, 2012
For a fleeting moment while reading the headline the image of female commissioners dressing indecently briefly came to mind. grin

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by Doctorflaky(f): 8:35am On Nov 25, 2012
I dont understand how some pple reason. Discipline begins like.
Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by Ninilowo(m): 8:39am On Nov 25, 2012
The man is a saint right? Let us wait till after his tenure. Iboris measure awaits him too. IGNORAMUS.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by iamswizz(m): 8:56am On Nov 25, 2012
Trying to be relevant... Mtcheww... Better go do una road

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by akintun: 9:22am On Nov 25, 2012
Developing d state infrastructure should be a better way to portray d state, and not d dressing of some old men. How badly could dey have dressed self. I wonder hw wearing ur traditional cloth becomes improper dressing. Slave mentality if u ask me.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by lakad4u(m): 9:29am On Nov 25, 2012
Olodo 1: Discipline is good but bad discipline st.U.Pid.

Sent from my Galaxy S IV

Una don start another rubbish again abi,no more gari things again,anyway na una know sha..small pickins

Sent from my blackberry porche...

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 25, 2012
What exactly did the men wear that qualified as "improper dressing"? Na singlet and boxers them wear attend the so-called banquet? Or did they dress like 'Boyoyo nigga' 50 Cent, with 'wossup mehn' Fez cap and sagging baggy jeans?

Abi the governor expected them to wear Isiagu and okpuagu abi wetin? I think the governor is bereft of ideas, confused, frustrated, and therefore inclined to play to the gallery.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by Uniquexty(f): 9:55am On Nov 25, 2012
Dr Ben Igwenyi is d most responsible man i know. This is rubbish

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by vislabraye(m): 10:03am On Nov 25, 2012
Advanced secondary school.
Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by markus1133: 10:07am On Nov 25, 2012
oh the irony
Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by kelvincoll(m): 10:16am On Nov 25, 2012
I had always wondered if ebonyi state existed at all as no news comes frm there, the Gov is aware of this hence ds childish act, rather than being heard as a Gov who built roads, momorails, ban okada or even bought private jet; suspending commisioners for "improper dressing" is d best he cud come up with... sad

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by akinmusi(m): 10:35am On Nov 25, 2012

Sent from my MyPad for iPad.
Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by konami001: 10:39am On Nov 25, 2012
Hands AKIM BO!
Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by malc619(m): 10:57am On Nov 25, 2012
How many persons has he suspended for corruption or inefficiency? undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by adesammy1(m): 10:58am On Nov 25, 2012
pictures of the commissioners as dressed to the event would be appreciated

Re: Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing by redsun(m): 11:05am On Nov 25, 2012
malc619: How many persons has he suspended for corruption or inefficiency? undecided undecided undecided undecided

They tend to lay emphasis the the irrelevants.That is how animalistic they are,they distract the people from the real problems that they the "leaders caused by making them think stu-pid.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Internally Generated Revenue: State Governors Target N1.1 Trillion IGR / Lagos Denies Increasing Motor Vehicle Registration, Number Plate Rates / Nigeria’s Debt Profile Among Lowest In The World — Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.