Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,562 members, 7,861,658 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:25 PM

Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States (805 Views)

Obiano Is Chasing Away Local Investors, Anambra Youths Laments / You Can’t Divide Bayelsa, Like You Did Rivers - Youths Warn Patience Jonathan / Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by impetus: 1:57pm On Sep 18, 2012
BY VINCENT UJUMADU

AWKA -THE youth wing of Association of Anambra Town Unions, ASATU, yesterday warned Kogi and Enugu states, which are laying claims to the oil deposits in Anambra State to steer clear of the newly-commissioned Orient Petroleum at Aguleri Otu in Anambra East Local Government Area or be prepared for a showdown.

Rising from a meeting in Awka, the youths said, it amounted to bad blood for the two states to want to reap from where they did not sow.

The youths described as unfortunate, a situation wherethe two states waited while successive administrations in Anambra State made effective investments towards the realisation of Orient Petroleum, only to show up when success had been achieved.

President of the association, Mr. Osita Ozalagba, said what was needed in the area after many years of toiling by the people of Anambra State to realise the project was peace and urged agitators not to distract the company and its operations.

The association also urged youths in Aguleri Otu, where Orient Petroleum is situated not to allow violence to defeat the economic benefits, assuring that Anambra youths would assist in ensuring adequate security of lives and property in the area.

“It is on record that successive administrations in Anambra State had sacrificed and invested greatly towards the success story of Orient Petroleum and it is therefore, surprising that these two states (Kogi and Enugu) suddenly woke up from their slumber to begin to lay claims to what is not theirs. Our humble advice to the two states is for them to mobilise their resources towards striking oil in their own land instead of playing the role of meddlesome interlopers.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/steer-clear-of-orient-petroleum-anambra-youths-warn-kogi-enugu-states/

These people want to reap where they did not sow. I wonder where they were when my State was investing time, money and energy in this project. They should build their own refinery and start producing since they claim to be oil producing state.
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2012
buhahahahahahaha grin grin grin

another sad - looking breeds of oyel paupers. strange little militants who just lost their financial and intellectual ability and potency.
I cry for these scums, as they are about vomiting the antelop in them.

Y'all have my pity!!
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by hakanai(m): 5:48pm On Sep 18, 2012
impetus: BY VINCENT UJUMADU

AWKA -THE youth wing of Association of Anambra Town Unions, ASATU, yesterday warned Kogi and Enugu states, which are laying claims to the oil deposits in Anambra State to steer clear of the newly-commissioned Orient Petroleum at Aguleri Otu in Anambra East Local Government Area or be prepared for a showdown.

Rising from a meeting in Awka, the youths said, it amounted to bad blood for the two states to want to reap from where they did not sow.

The youths described as unfortunate, a situation wherethe two states waited while successive administrations in Anambra State made effective investments towards the realisation of Orient Petroleum, only to show up when success had been achieved.

President of the association, Mr. Osita Ozalagba, said what was needed in the area after many years of toiling by the people of Anambra State to realise the project was peace and urged agitators not to distract the company and its operations.

The association also urged youths in Aguleri Otu, where Orient Petroleum is situated not to allow violence to defeat the economic benefits, assuring that Anambra youths would assist in ensuring adequate security of lives and property in the area.

“It is on record that successive administrations in Anambra State had sacrificed and invested greatly towards the success story of Orient Petroleum and it is therefore, surprising that these two states (Kogi and Enugu) suddenly woke up from their slumber to begin to lay claims to what is not theirs. Our humble advice to the two states is for them to mobilise their resources towards striking oil in their own land instead of playing the role of meddlesome interlopers.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/steer-clear-of-orient-petroleum-anambra-youths-warn-kogi-enugu-states/

These people want to reap where they did not sow. I wonder where they were when my State was investing time, money and energy in this project. They should build their own refinery and start producing since they claim to be oil producing state.

^^^^ Couldn't agree more.I said it last time.IF someone has put in capital and resources to have something.While you simply ignore yours,then you have no reason to complain.If the oil is in Enugu or kogi then why not explore it on your own area. Simple !!! Than all this struggle to seize it from Anambra.
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by mpumalanga: 8:07pm On Sep 18, 2012
haka_nai:

^^^^ Couldn't agree more.I said it last time.IF someone has put in capital and resources to have something.While you simply ignore yours,then you have no reason to complain.If the oil is in Enugu or kogi then why not explore it on your own area. Simple !!! Than all this struggle to seize it from Anambra.

Good talk and more of that.
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by EkoAtlantic: 8:27pm On Sep 18, 2012
Hmmm mm.....
See these jobless uncircumcised village youth jumping around. Definitely most of them are either dropout or still seeking admission into institutions.
What the 'F' is Aboki's business if you've invested a lot on it or not. Who sent you to develop their land for them.
Thieves, always looking for people's land to steal.
Na so dem claim Lagos grin grin grin
Same with Abuja grin cheesy grin
They better learn from their Ebonyi counterpart, by selling galla or spare parts on major roads or been an hotel attendant.
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:27pm On Sep 18, 2012
Eko Atlantic: Hmmm mm.....
See these jobless uncircumcised village youth jumping around. Definitely most of them are either dropout or still seeking admission into institutions.
What the 'F' is Aboki's business if you've invested a lot on it or not. Who sent you to develop their land for them.
Thieves, always looking for people's land to steal.
Na so dem claim Lagos grin grin grin
Same with Abuja grin cheesy grin
They better learn from their Ebonyi counterpart, by selling galla or spare parts on major roads or been an hotel attendant.

^^^nigga your ramblings, bitterness, joblessness, incoherence, Igbophobia, and juvenile e-fights all sound kinda familiar....sure the 'eko atlantic' moniker you use is your first and only one on this website wink? If it's not, it makes your situation all the more pathetic, and you really need to get out more, so this Igbophobia doesn't define and take over your lonely life.

Cheers mate.
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by EkoAtlantic: 10:33pm On Sep 18, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^nigga your ramblings, bitterness, joblessness, incoherence, Igbophobia, and juvenile e-fights all sound kinda familiar....sure the 'eko atlantic' moniker you use is your first and only one on this website wink? If it's not, it makes your situation all the more pathetic, and you really need to get out more, so this Igbophobia doesn't define and take over your lonely life.

Cheers mate.
Who sounds bitter here? grin cheesy grin
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:40pm On Sep 18, 2012
Eko Atlantic:
Who sounds bitter here? grin cheesy grin

^^^I'm not the one 'chasing' after a certain issue (24/7) like my life depended on it.

Look, it's ok to hate on Igbos, but when it takes over your life to the point of spending the greater part of your 'productive' day agonizing over Igbo-related issues, then i think it's time you paid your shrink a visit.....don't you?
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by EkoAtlantic: 10:49pm On Sep 18, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^I'm not the one 'chasing' after a certain issue (24/7) like my life depended on it.

Look, it's ok to hate on Igbos, but when it takes over your life to the point of spending the greater part of your 'productive' day agonizing over Igbo-related issues, then i think it's time you paid your shrink a visit.....don't you?
Yes boss cool

Yeye ibo boy grin grin

(1) (Reply)

N5000 Note: Jonathan Has No Brains - El Rufai / Jonathan : President Of Change, Newyear Day! Democracy Day!! Independence Day!!! / Delta State Governor,rated The Highest Investor On Human Capital Development.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.