Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,069 members, 7,852,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:09 PM

Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan (10697 Views)

Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan / Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan / Nobody Can Intimidate Us, Oba Of Lagos Warns AIG Mbu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by ifeci: 9:53am On Sep 19, 2012
PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan believes that unseen forces are manipulating Nigerians against the government, judging by what he observed during the protest against the withdrawal of petrol subsidy, but he has said that he cannot be intimidated by anyone.

Abeg Jona, there are no unseen forces, just your ineptitude.

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by ogochukwunasa1: 9:53am On Sep 19, 2012
Mr Jonathan, October 1st is at d corner........ Who knows d new surprise u av in store for us dis tym.
We are waitin.............

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by muktarmtt(m): 9:53am On Sep 19, 2012
gregg2:

On this, GEJ might be right.
Rigt on wat mumu he knws adinary ppl cnt present thr veiw cos thr r voiceless
Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by Silva79(f): 9:54am On Sep 19, 2012
Ori e ti buru afta u don leave power dat time u go realised ur mistakes...
Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by BeraBera(f): 9:59am On Sep 19, 2012
The fact remains that in a true democratic system of government, there is room for opposition. However, the opposition should be characterized by constructive criticisms, healthy competitions and meaningful advice. It should not be full of intimidations, blackmails and efforts to pull down the present administration, as it is the case in Nigeria. Politicians in Nigeria are blinded by sheer greed, selfishness and ignorance. It doesn't work like that!
Be that as it may, the position of the President should be a brave and fearless one. Therefore, Jonathan's warning to his detractors is right.
Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by Delafruita(m): 10:00am On Sep 19, 2012
Biggyd2: Jonathan alleged that the Occupy Nigeria anti-fuel subsidy removal mass protest, organised by civil society groups in Lagos in the wake of the removal of fuel subsidy in January, was manipulated by an unnamed class of people.

He said the protest was not a true reflection of the position of the masses but that of those who sponsored them.

But civil rights groups and an opposition party took a swipe at the President, saying he had alienated himself from the people.
]http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-fuel-subsidy-protests-sponsored-jonathan/

The President particularly cited the protest that greeted the decision of his government to remove fuel subsidy in January in Lagos as an instance whereby some vested interests thought they could derail him.

The President said that the bulk of the protesters that were fed with bottled water, packaged food and entertained by a handful of artists at the time couldn’t have been the ordinary masses as the public were made to believe.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=99164:critics-cant-intimidate-me-says-jonathan-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

SMH. Seriously, are there people paid to edit the presidents speeches?

tribune and thisday are pro-pdp.
Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by Chubhie: 10:04am On Sep 19, 2012
Gej is a gentleman- Fit for peace time Nigeria. Nigeria as of today is broken,dis united and currently at war with it's self. Unfortunatly for Gej, He under extimated the dilemma the nation was prior to being elected presido. He could as well stand aside and give room for the right minds to come and fight these 'unseen forces' you asked for it mr presido and the masses gave you 'block votes' them no wan hear excuses for failure o. Remember you promised to transform and propel this nation to greatness with your transformational agenda? Wake up presido and ball like a lion joor!

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by Demdem(m): 10:08am On Sep 19, 2012
I refuse to comment cry cry
Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by ogogoromaster: 10:08am On Sep 19, 2012
This is a reflection of how bad our educational system has become.a PHD holder talking absolute trash.

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by chucky234(m): 10:15am On Sep 19, 2012
I can't stop laughing at Jona's daftness,why not let your permanence do the talking rather than resorting to self-commendation.
Wonder what his many SSAs are being paid for,what a cabinet saturated with clueless goons.
Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 19, 2012
I am Proud of myPresident. The entire analogy from the political perspective defines the very nucleus of Nigerians in every ramification. Press Freedom is not liberty, I notice that Nigerian politicians still believed in the old school mentality that you need to own a press outfit to be able to suave the ignorant populace, but with the internet, even a dog has a voice. Now with internet, even a house-boy now has opportunity to insult his master. In as much as I welcome freedom of speech, but I believe communist style regulatory framework has to be instituted to curb the excesses of online media. Online media is destroying our planet. Examples are Arab Spring, The recent mohammed-insult killings. We should be careful with our use of internet as a means of publication of political and religious views.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by paskall(m): 10:20am On Sep 19, 2012
.... cant wait for 2015...
Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by kaeto(m): 10:20am On Sep 19, 2012
brightmon: Then why cant you fight corruption? Instead of this your catch and release, plea bargain, return 5 billion, keep 500 billion and go to jail a week.
but thats not the president's job, mr larmode of the efcc has no restraints by the presidency in carrying out his duties as chairman of the efcc.
Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by OILOFGLADNESS: 10:22am On Sep 19, 2012
@ all PLS, I WANT TO ASK , IS THERE ANY WAY, THE THINGS DISCUSSED OR CONTRIBUTED IN THIS FORUM GET TO THOSE CONCERN.
JUST ASKING, THOSE THE COMMENTS AND CONTRIBUTIONS, JUST END HERE ?
Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by Demdem(m): 10:24am On Sep 19, 2012
kaeto: but thats not the president's job, mr larmode of the efcc has no restraints by the presidency in carrying out his duties as chairman of the efcc.

and since Larmode seems not to be doing anything, what stops him that appointed the incompetent fellow from sacking him and replacing him with a more competent person

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by Les: 10:24am On Sep 19, 2012
Imanuelle: Whateva mahn! undecided
abobby no be say you talk o. I de find garri wethn i go chop, dis one de de talk intimidation...........mak i close mouth sha!
Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by kaeto(m): 10:25am On Sep 19, 2012
superior1:

You mean there is a politician(s) that has the ability to gather such a crowd
yes! They even do more than that during rallies and campaigns.
Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by redsun(m): 10:26am On Sep 19, 2012
Gej was not in anyway a lecturer as claimed,he was a militant imposed on nigerians by the corrupt politicians just to maintain relative peace,shut the unpricipled militants up and keep the endemic corruption game going.

He has no trait of a learned man.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by kim77: 10:27am On Sep 19, 2012
Hummmm.

Mr. President Pleaseeee wake up (We cant elect another president now that wont be intimidated).
Beside, it is a known fact that you dont introduce unpopular policy in January...GEJ gaffe.
Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by superior1: 10:38am On Sep 19, 2012
Billyonaire: I am Proud of myPresident. The entire analogy from the political perspective defines the very nucleus of Nigerians in every ramification. Press Freedom is not liberty, I notice that Nigerian politicians still believed in the old school mentality that you need to own a press outfit to be able to suave the ignorant populace, but with the internet, even a dog has a voice. Now with internet, even a house-boy now has opportunity to insult his master. In as much as I welcome freedom of speech, but I believe communist style regulatory framework has to be instituted to curb the excesses of online media. Online media is destroying our planet. Examples are Arab Spring, The recent mohammed-insult killings. We should be careful with our use of internet as a means of publication of political and religious views.

So what exactly is your point?

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by stepo707: 10:39am On Sep 19, 2012
You shouldn't be intimadated.you are the most powerful man in the country and the people who elected you,put you in that position.Question is, are you still representing the people or a group of selfish cabals?
Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by remmyton(f): 10:47am On Sep 19, 2012
You Nairalanders tire me well, sometimes i begin to dey wonder una see four walls of secondary school talk more of university. shocked shocked shocked
hmm, me i tire well well oooo. Some just sidon dey call names,but come see there little place of management, how messed em be. abeg, free GEJ, give him breathing space, as una bad breath dey choke am cool cool cool
Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by TalkingBird: 10:54am On Sep 19, 2012
"Our Father, who art in heaven, hallow be thy name, thy KINGDOM come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven" Matt 6:9,10 (KJV)
Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by TalkingBird: 10:59am On Sep 19, 2012
OILOFGLADNESS: @ all PLS, I WANT TO ASK , IS THERE ANY WAY, THE THINGS DISCUSSED OR CONTRIBUTED IN THIS FORUM GET TO THOSE CONCERN.
JUST ASKING, THOSE THE COMMENTS AND CONTRIBUTIONS, JUST END HERE ?

a serious concern
Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by ismhab(m): 11:02am On Sep 19, 2012
Mr. Jonalooter had already lost focus.
Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by merengue: 11:08am On Sep 19, 2012
At first GEJ's gaffes were laughable, then it became incredible now its just so sad. So all the professional people who were at the protests; bankers, doctors, lawyers, clergy, business people et al, people who own and run their own businesses were "paid" with bottled water and walked from their homes to be "entertained"? Seriously, is there any media person in that place i.e. Aso Rock, if yes, they should be sacked and charged for dereliction of duty. This man's mouth leaks worse than an oil pipeline in the Niger Delta. He should be thoroughly scripted before he makes any comments in the future.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 19, 2012
President one gaffe a week, whatever did we do to deserve this man as president ? Eledumare, show us mercy o.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by Mandelaguy(m): 11:15am On Sep 19, 2012
merengue: At first GEJ's gaffes were laughable, then it became incredible now its just so sad. So all the professional people who were at the protests; bankers, doctors, lawyers, clergy, business people et al, people who own and run their own businesses were "paid" with bottled water and walked from their homes to be "entertained"? Seriously, is there any media person in that place i.e. Aso Rock, if yes, they should be sacked and charged for dereliction of duty. This man's mouth leaks worse than an oil pipeline in the Niger Delta. He should be thoroughly scripted before he makes any comments in the future.
STFU. Your mouth has turned to sewage pipe. Can you properly outline the basis of the insult you are hauling at a man light years ahead of you? Or are you here to air an already stale pattern of abuse? Keep quiet if you don't have anything to say.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by ifeci: 11:15am On Sep 19, 2012
remmyton: You Nairalanders tire me well, sometimes i begin to dey wonder una see four walls of secondary school talk more of university. shocked shocked shocked
hmm, me i tire well well oooo. Some just sidon dey call names,but come see there little place of management, how messed em be. abeg, free GEJ, give him breathing space, as una bad breath dey choke am cool cool cool

No, na ur smelly kitty dey choke am! we don see u wey see the four walls of nursery school. Abeg Vamuusss!
Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by olivertwist: 11:16am On Sep 19, 2012
The same people that lead the fuel subsidy protest were the same people that fought against the cabal when GEJ was kept under Turai's bed.
How 'forgetful' some people can be. Now, criminals like Bode George etc are the ones getting National Honours from GEJ while the true democrats are been labelled 'political terrorists. SMH. Time will tell.
Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by ifeci: 11:20am On Sep 19, 2012
merengue: At first GEJ's gaffes were laughable, then it became incredible now its just so sad. So all the professional people who were at the protests; bankers, doctors, lawyers, clergy, business people et al, people who own and run their own businesses were "paid" with bottled water and walked from their homes to be "entertained"? Seriously, is there any media person in that place i.e. Aso Rock, if yes, they should be sacked and charged for dereliction of duty. This man's mouth leaks worse than an oil pipeline in the Niger Delta. He should be thoroughly scripted before he makes any comments in the future.

Abeg no mind am! even his agents here on nairaland are so Daft, u can easily spot them out by that same characteristic of cluelessness.
Re: Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan by Pa22(m): 11:20am On Sep 19, 2012
You can't be busy & be chasing shadows at the same time. It is when one is less busy that one has time for talks about perceived enemies. Hardly will one work very hard & people don't see molecules of result. Too much talk & action hardly come as a gift in one individual. Public fora always provide the platform to share vision & achievements - where these don't exist, one looks out for that enemy that has caused failure.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kwara Rehabilitates Three Major Water Works / Yuguda: As President, Tinubu Will Address The Problem Of Corruption In Nigeria / Nigeria’s Economy Is Bright – Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.