Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,128 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:59 AM

Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils (7342 Views)

Pupils Of A Primary School Climbing Fence / A Primary School Where Pupils Wear Chelsea Jersey As Their Sportswear (Photos) / Date For Niger Delta University (ndu) Post Utme Second Choice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by HammedSodiqq: 10:07am On Sep 19, 2012
As part of his effort to improve on the standard of education in the Nigeria’s Niger Delta region, a former leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), Chief Ekpemupolo, a.k.a. Tompolo, has established an education trust fund for indigent pupils in the oil producing communities.

The ex-militant leader said the gesture would allow children from the region to have access to qualitative education.

Tompolo spoke through the Foundation’s Director for Education, Mr. Job Bebenimibo, during a visit to Warri South West Local Government Area of Delta State.
According to him, beneficiaries in public schools would be supplied school uniforms, sport wears, books and playground equipment, such as swings, adding that teaching aids would also be supplied to teachers.

Commending the gesture, the Education Secretary, Mr. Oyabrinbride Godspower, said the foundation would assist the less privilege parents to give their children quality education.
He particularly said that Tompolo’s effort in eradicating illiteracy from the region would complement the effort of South South Governors towards providing standard and qualitative education for the people of the region.

Godspower had stressed that Tompolo’s effort was in line with the education agenda of Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan’s administration.
He said that government alone cannot meet the needs and expectations of the less privileged pupils and urged individuals and organization to thread Tompolo’s path.
It will be recalled that President Goodluck Jonathan pays some ex-militants billions of naira annually including Tompolo in order to curb criminal activities in the oil-producing region.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/09/19/tompolo-sets-up-education-trust-funds-for-niger-delta-region-pupils/
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by usmanyaro17: 10:10am On Sep 19, 2012
At least he is giving back to the society,I wish Shekau can do same...
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by Desola(f): 10:13am On Sep 19, 2012
usmanyaro17: At least he is giving back to the society,I wish Shekau can do same...

I bet bombing and kidnapping would be part of their curriculum.
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by usmanyaro17: 10:18am On Sep 19, 2012
Desola:

I don't think he will go back to crime again,his actions are showing a reformed man...
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by billante(m): 10:41am On Sep 19, 2012
usmanyaro17: I don't think he will go back to crime again,his actions are showing a reformed man...

Hmmm! Its seems like u know shekau well! Why are u not giving it to JTF
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by usmanyaro17: 10:48am On Sep 19, 2012
billante:

Hmmm! Its seems like u know shekau well! Why are u not giving it to JTF
don't get me wrong,I am talking abt Tompolo not Shekau,I wish Sheik Shekau can emulate Tompolo by giving up his criminal acts and start impacting the society.
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by belovedaja(m): 10:51am On Sep 19, 2012
i love this. GOD bless ijaw nation
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by MurphyT1: 10:56am On Sep 19, 2012
Amnesty really yielded good fruits, atleast Tompolo is refocusing his energy in projects beneficial to his pple, atleast beta than stayin in d creeks..
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by Joeadamu86: 10:58am On Sep 19, 2012
This is good to hear,it shows how the amnesty programme is,at least he can be an example to his followers....
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by HammedSodiqq: 11:21am On Sep 19, 2012
This man has always been at the forefront of human development. Militancy was a push for regional emancipation. It was a cry for help, in the face of exploitation. It was a cause for the true heartbeat of the nation. For when the heart is troubled, the whole body suffers.
Now that that ugly phase has ended, he has taken up another project aimed at impacting on his people. He may not be a fully baked Academician, but he has recognized the importance of Education. I think other prominent citizens should toe the same path, in giving back to the society.

2 Likes

Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by 1shortblackboy: 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
in another news, the looting by politicians continue

2 Likes

Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by Kx: 4:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
Nice one even if the kids money is coming back to them in form of charity, at all at all naim bad pass.
The money could have gone to a swizz bank like they all do.
Kudos.
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by leslieu63(m): 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2012
How will this affect the price of garri na, so becos the billions he recives from the fg has been discl
osed, he then wants to show that he is doing someting.dem no fit decive we garri men garri for life!!!

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by takedat(m): 4:22pm On Sep 19, 2012
usmanyaro17: I don't think he will go back to crime again,his actions are showing a reformed man...
Reformed with the billions he collects from govt.Who wouldnt do the same?
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by mike404(m): 4:22pm On Sep 19, 2012
usmanyaro17: At least he is giving back to the society,I wish Shekau can do same...
you dey mad ni?.. How can you compare an ordinary kidnapper with a blood sucking vampire like shekau??

2 Likes

Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by wandeay: 4:25pm On Sep 19, 2012
nice one, @ least instead of funding more arms, he is funding edu.
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by free2ryhme: 4:26pm On Sep 19, 2012
Desola:

funny, ha ha ha ha. you have the IQ of lint.
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by sheyguy: 4:29pm On Sep 19, 2012
I was wondering what the syllabus of that school will look like . . .
Intro to riffles
intro to shortguns
Intro to handheld explosives
Intro to pipeline survey
Advance explosive and digital timing modules
Advance . . . .
[READING MATERIAL : The Art of War By chin chin poo wee]
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by lacasa: 4:35pm On Sep 19, 2012
Na our national wealth dis illiterate militant they use train future militants sha..

The FRESH AIR we r ceeing..

Bt, what goes around comes around,.

We r waiting patiently angry
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by dj187: 4:40pm On Sep 19, 2012
Tompolo dey fund education for niger delta, Boko haram dey burn schools for borno & yobe , una dey see d difference
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by tit(f): 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2012
Tompolo, abadie!!!
You are the greatest.
Infact na you be the only field marshal in nigeria.
you too much.
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by passionate88: 4:42pm On Sep 19, 2012
lacasa: Na our national wealth dis illiterate militant they use train future militants sha..

The FRESH AIR we r ceeing..

Bt, what goes around comes around,.

We r waiting patiently angry
continue to wait
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by DonaldGenes(m): 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2012
Am lovinq this seriously! Tompolo has been a qood man have always envisaqe him for
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by DonaldGenes(m): 4:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
tit: Tompolo, abadie!!!
You are the greatest.
Infact na you be the only field marshal in nigeria.
you too much.
da ikpa! Akwa ibom ado okay
abeq add me mbok
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 19, 2012
One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Tompolo - The Freedom Fighter!
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by Alamen: 4:57pm On Sep 19, 2012
He's made billions. i believe he's trying to give back to the society.

Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by nagoma(m): 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
HammedSodiqq: This man has always been at the forefront of human development. Militancy was a push for regional emancipation. It was a cry for help, in the face of exploitation. It was a cause for the true heartbeat of the nation. For when the heart is troubled, the whole body suffers.
Now that that ugly phase has ended, he has taken up another project aimed at impacting on his people. He may not be a fully baked Academician, but he has recognized the importance of Education. I think other prominent citizens should toe the same path, in giving back to the society.

The Billonaire Millitant Tompolo has;

1. The billions of Naira contract to supply Patrol boats to Nigerian Navy.
2. the billions of Dollars contract to patrol the creeks and Nigerian Coastal waters.
3. The billions of Naira contract to protect the pipelines (actually protection money to restrain his boys from this criminal activity)

Giving some chiken feed to train some more militants is nothing. The publicity stunt would have worked if his " pupils education" has a wider coverage than the creeks.especially when all this settlement money disguised as contract was given out by the federal government and not by Niger Delta government.

3 Likes

Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by stagger: 5:10pm On Sep 19, 2012
Very laudable.

How many of your serving senators have such programs in their constituencies?
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by SlyIg(f): 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2012
It makes me remember Yar'adua for his effort towards amnesty for d millitants. We are now reaping his good work. May his soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by GenOrumov: 6:04pm On Sep 19, 2012
Na so politics dey take start. Don't be suprised when in 201* you see something like this- Tompolo for President/Governor.
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by mallorca(m): 6:46pm On Sep 19, 2012
SlyIg: It makes me remember Yar'adua for his effort towards amnesty for d millitants. We are now reaping his good work. May his soul rest in peace.
Amin
Re: Tompolo Sets-up Education Trust Funds For Niger Delta Pupils by nextdoorpal: 7:24pm On Sep 19, 2012
Akwa-ibom Isongho!! Abasi odiong mbufo o.. Much luv bruvas!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maduka University founder, Dr. Sam Maduka Onyishi, Receives An Honorary Award / 5 Facts About University Of Benin / Get Loyola Jesuit Past Questions And Answers Solved By Over 100 Loyola Tutors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.