Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN (11172 Views)

Buhari Economic policy is very sound and Pragmatic. by Tuale4u / Our Growth, A Result Of Jonathan’s Economic Policies – Dangote / BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by Gbawe: 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2012
jaybee:

i dont understand the logic in your response to an ACN man. do you mean after thirteen (13) years (1999-2012) the PDP 'government simply has not got going' and 'A lot can be achieved but so many things have not started at all.'

now if that is not failure, pls give it a befitting name for it.

who is playing partisan politics here. anything ordinary (sic) Nigerians suffering under the burden of poor PDP leadership would not say is dismissed with labelled partisan politics and dismissed with the wave of hand simply because the PDP have no plausible or rational/logical response to it. its a pity. and your boss, gej, is hopelessly notorious for that.
[b]
we are talking of the survival of a failed country fast spiralling into an eminent spontaneous explosion; and you trivialize it with a vague and simplistic worn out cliche of partisan politics. [/b]pls wake up from your slumber. a million people saying gej is bad does not change him; a million people saying gej is good does not change him either. we are talking of poor and insensitive governance, of which he is the head.

Thank you my brother. I really don't know what talks of Party politics has to do with judging the performance of a President in a critical sector. Are we to disqualify criticism that comes from anyone who is not a PDP sympathiser?

By the grace of God, we shall all know each other in future so some can appreciate how grossly misinformed they are thinking everything is about partisan Politics. If GEJ is genuinely delivering, I would have no problem backing him at all.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by jmaine: 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2012
Baawaa:
Oh your father have received the money,that is why you don't let people to rest.Tell him how many petty food seller have received the money Where nepotism is the act of you people shocked shocked shocked shocked

It's disgusting when folks quote you only to say rubbish . . .And you here commited that sin . . .

Obowunmi is more informed than you are . .so let us do our thing

engaging you will be a a useless venture . .so step aside or appreciably put up a good post next time . . .

P:S =====> Tell your mum to apply cos The female only edition is currently running . . .with a formidable business plan . .she just might gain cos it's solely based on merit . .

Nonsense
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by Baawaa(m): 5:11pm On Sep 19, 2012
jmaine:

It's disgusting when folks quote you only to say rubbish . . .And you here commited that sin . . .

engaging you will be a a useless venture . .so step aside or appreciably put up a good post next time . . .

P:S =====> Tell your mum to apply cos The female only edition is currently running . . .with a formidable business plan . .she just might gain cos it's solely based on merit . .

Nonsense
You don't need to flame-up like fire without control."The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose"
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by Baawaa(m): 5:11pm On Sep 19, 2012
jmaine:

Nonsense
You don't need to flame-up like fire without control."The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose"
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by jmaine: 5:26pm On Sep 19, 2012
Baawaa:

LOL . . ..indeed, . . . .

Are you done ? . .Now quietly stroll out . . . .

Thanks for not been excessively stvpid . . . .
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by vanstanzy(m): 5:32pm On Sep 19, 2012
Yeah, u right and we (Nigerians') are the first beneficiaries of these "failing" policy. Our HEADY govt never listens to words of wisdom, what u gonna do about that?
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by vanstanzy(m): 5:37pm On Sep 19, 2012
AjanleKoko: It's difficult to say the policy is failing, actually.
Much of the policy hasn't even been implemented. There's also a significant lack of alignment between the tiers of government, and even inside the executive.
Everybody is running around in different directions, all chasing moving targets.

The partisan-ship is also at its highest level since the military left the reins of power.

The "koko" is still that, GEJs' economic policy is "failing". Abeg long talk will get us nowhere, instead let FG seek for solutions, simple.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by Jubilee12: 5:37pm On Sep 19, 2012
obowunmi:

Sure. Every development program has SWOT. So setbacks are expected. I didn't create the program so I can't speak to if folks behind the program will address the setbacks. For now though, winners of YOUWIN have received their funds.

Okay, so they received their funds and then what? Disbursement of the funds to the beneficiaries does not determine the success of the programme, sustaining the new business, growing it and being an employer of labour are some of the indices the YOUWIN programme should monitor to determine success.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by vanstanzy(m): 5:41pm On Sep 19, 2012
obowunmi: I wonder if the YOUWIN program will actually translate into job creation - so far, it hasn't.

Aha! Thanks for reminding me, Sonny. That YOUWIN program is a FARCE.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by jmaine: 5:53pm On Sep 19, 2012
Jubilee12:

Okay, so they received their funds and then what? Disbursement of the funds to the beneficiaries does not determine the success of the programme, sustaining the new business, growing it and being an employer of labour are some of the indices the YOUWIN programme should monitor to determine success.

Your correct and YOUWIN has the same ideology . .the essence of the programme is to support viable businesses to avenues for employment

A reason why they initiated the disbursement of funds in batches/tranche tied to agreed mile stone . .To qualify for the next stage of funds . .you must have been seen to make appreciable use of the last funds vis-a -vis your business proposal and laid out targets

To ensure this, two sets of monitors were sent out to appraise the awardees performance and general readiness . . .The monitors were drafted from SMEDAN and school for start ups . .with thelater, been the main fulcrum in rating the awardees . . .

It's still on going as most are yet to receive the second phase of funding which is very critical cos it's the bulky part of the funds and meant to stimulate the production cycle . .this is is where the main crux lies cos measuring performance will be based on how well your business is growing and how many people your are employing . . .

They still need informal mentoring as Obowunmi rightly said . .cos most might just not be prepared to fight competing sharks in the same arena . .
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 19, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Nobody is over-intellectualizing anything.
And your comment is the example of the partisan-ship I mentioned in my post. Most of Jonathan's touted policies have not even gotten off the ground yet. This isn't a defect of his administration, everybody in Nigeria knows that execution is our greatest challenge. Not that I was defending the man. He just has not gotten started yet, simple.
He will get started after 60 years in office abi?
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by sleek29(m): 6:11pm On Sep 19, 2012
How can Nigeria's economy be growing when we still have increasing unemployment, imperialist countries most times come up with all sorts of reports to make us sell our birth right. The only true determinant of Nigeria's growing economy is its balance of payment. How many finished goods do we export, even as an oil producing state, exporting crude and importing refined products only employ the citizens of the countries we import from. How can the first lady of a country whose economy is growing be in a foreign hospital.

A growing economy would be true if and only if more jobs are created
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by dasparrow: 6:39pm On Sep 19, 2012
sleek29: How can Nigeria's economy be growing when we still have increasing unemployment, imperialist countries most times come up with all sorts of reports to make us sell our birth right. The only true determinant of Nigeria's growing economy is its balance of payment. How many finished goods do we export, even as an oil producing state, exporting crude and importing refined products only employ the citizens of the countries we import from. How can the first lady of a country whose economy is growing be in a foreign hospital.

Well said. We are growing yet youth unemployment is so high. How do they expect the citizens to survive?
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by obowunmi(m): 6:40pm On Sep 19, 2012
jmaine:

Nonsense

Young man, no need to bring his momsi into this now. That is uncalled for and uncouth. No need.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by 1025: 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2012
abeg, which economic policies be that? as for me, the only things i know about this govt is fuel subsidy removal and cassava bread.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by Jmain: 6:47pm On Sep 19, 2012
obowunmi:

Young man, no need to bring his momsi into this now. That is uncalled for and uncouth. No need.

Old man, didn't you see him bring my popsi into his tripe undecided . . .

I simply returned equal compliment. . . . .it's a give and take period . . .get it ?
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by 2mch(m): 6:48pm On Sep 19, 2012
The best description of this administration is : "Running in unending circles" "Boju Boju". Now that the UN have said this. I wonder if the UN is filled with Jonathan's enemies. The guy better sit up and reassess the people he surrounds himself with. If the method you have been using so far is a complete failure, try something else. He needs to disband his advisers and honestly pick good ones, they are killing him for their own greed.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by dayokanu(m): 6:58pm On Sep 19, 2012
[size=18pt]UN is under the control of Buhari El Rufai and Tinubu - Okupe[/size]

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by warrior01: 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
sleek29: How can Nigeria's economy be growing when we still have increasing unemployment, imperialist countries most times come up with all sorts of reports to make us sell our birth right. The only true determinant of Nigeria's growing economy is its balance of payment. How many finished goods do we export, even as an oil producing state, exporting crude and importing refined products only employ the citizens of the countries we import from. How can the first lady of a country whose economy is growing be in a foreign hospital.

yes but we don't blame the govt alone; the problem with Nigeria is equally caused by the man in the mirror. While the youths of those countries are taking their destinies in their own hands and are getting more creative, we are here looking for who to blame.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by taharqa: 7:26pm On Sep 19, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Laughable.
You don't even know how to quote a post properly on Nairaland, for heavens sake. And you're calling someone dumb.
You're obviously one of the many people on here who have progressively shat out their brains over time. Shake your head for a minute, does it echo back to you? That's because there's nothing in it undecided
Hehehehe.....Plz, easy on chucki
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by Gbawe: 8:41pm On Sep 19, 2012
AjanleKoko:

To be honest, I don't even know.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by obowunmi(m): 9:03pm On Sep 19, 2012
Not sure why i was banned. I didn't even abuse anyone....Jmaine and I were having a conversation. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by obowunmi(m): 9:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
Jubilee12:

It will take some time to see the impact of the program. We have to wait and see.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by obowunmi(m): 9:06pm On Sep 19, 2012
Jmain:

Old man, didn't you see him bring my popsi into his tripe undecided . . .

I simply returned equal compliment. . . . .it's a give and take period . . .get it ?

But still.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by billyG(m): 9:17pm On Sep 19, 2012
[b][/b]
HammedSodiqq: This is another international conspiracy. What a contradiction, recall that recently US president declared that Nigeria is the fastest growing economy, and argued that our economy may dominate Europe in the nearest future. His speech triggered the US to move in with investment proposals. The US for instance has begun the process for the building of Six refineries, Bill Gate just moved in his company and charity organization, US has invested $2billion in Nigeria Agric Sector and are interested in developing Small and Medium Enterprise. http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/284-breaking-news/43606-us-injects-2bn-into-sme-development-in-nigeria
Don't be deceived, our economy has since picked up and we are growing geometrically
all we hear everyday is govt. is working on this budget has been released,contract has been sign,foriegn invesor 2 build refinary,seimen 2 build power plant,all we want is to see all these things on grd & working. we shld desist frm praising EFFORTS all we want & that matter is RESULTS[b]
HammedSodiqq: This is another international conspiracy. What a contradiction, recall that recently US president declared that Nigeria is the fastest growing economy, and argued that our economy may dominate Europe in the nearest future. His speech triggered the US to move in with investment proposals. The US for instance has begun the process for the building of Six refineries, Bill Gate just moved in his company and charity organization, US has invested $2billion in Nigeria Agric Sector and are interested in developing Small and Medium Enterprise. http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/284-breaking-news/43606-us-injects-2bn-into-sme-development-in-nigeria
Don't be deceived, our economy has since picked up and we are growing geometrically
all we hear everyday is govt. is working on this budget has been released,contract has been sign,foriegn invesor 2 build refinary,seimen 2 build power plant,all we want is to see all these things on grd & working. we shld desist frm praising effort all we want & that matter is result[/b]
all we hear everyday is govt. is working on this budget has been released,contract has been sign,foriegn investors 2 build refineries,seimen 2 build power plants,all we want is to see all these things on grd & working. we shld desist frm praising EFFORTS all we want & that matter is RESULTS.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by EagleNest(m): 9:53pm On Sep 19, 2012
I am not surprised. Just go through the streets and you will know that there is 'nothing for the Nigerian youth'
Your survival is purely on your own.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by jpphilips(m): 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2012
obowunmi:

In regards to YOUWIN, not sure that I agree with you. Its an accurate program with optimistic and reachable goals. However, because the legitimate business climate in Nigeria is not supported by FAIR pro-business government policies. Even if these businesses are given 1million naira, I highly doubt that it will go far. The cost of doing business in Nigeria is high.

you guys like insulting common sense, there are loads of impediments to new buisnesses, one of the lot is multiple taxation,
other issues like affordable electricity et al are still there when jona decided to impress Nigerians with you win bazzaar.

How on earth will a sane mind expect him not to fail?
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by jpphilips(m): 4:30pm On Sep 22, 2012
HammedSodiqq: This is another international conspiracy. What a contradiction, recall that recently US president declared that Nigeria is the fastest growing economy, and argued that our economy may dominate Europe in the nearest future. His speech triggered the US to move in with investment proposals. The US for instance has begun the process for the building of Six refineries, Bill Gate just moved in his company and charity organization, US has invested $2billion in Nigeria Agric Sector and are in the rested in developing Small and Medium Enterprise. http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/284-breaking-news/43606-us-injects-2bn-into-sme-development-in-nigeria

are you by any chance related to dedeike?
The famous Nairalander who caanot interprete his own links?

Your link said nothing about the US building of refineries, ie because you dont know that refinery buisness is not profitable in most climes.

Your link said the US gave Nigeria an Agricultural grant of $2b, to cover food production and generation of green electricity. Ie because you are not aware that FAO has rated Nigeria as a famine prone nation hence the grant.

All these blind suport for jona's failure will kill you guys faster than Aids.

NB: please dont bother replying my post, there is no guarantee you will not misinterprete it the way you misinterpreted your own link.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected / Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west / Grass-Cutting Scandal: Senate Panel Writes CBN, Demands SGF Firm's BVNs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.