Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,566 members, 7,865,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:34 PM

Mysteries Of Life: Angels Are Real - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mysteries Of Life: Angels Are Real (717 Views)

Islamic Angels Are Wiser / Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) / Angels Are Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mysteries Of Life: Angels Are Real by chyke27(m): 11:54am On Sep 19, 2012
I come from a hard place. If you're an African and got an ear to the ground, you'll understand what I mean, but suffice it to say I come from a hard place.

One weekend, I decided to travel the odd fifty mile to visit my parents. It was a road I wasn't used to, a 'Trunk A' road at that. It was evening, as I was not in the habit of travelling early in the day. As I sped along the express way, suddenly, I came upon a crater right at the centre of the road, I call it a crater because it wasn't the type you can spread the tyres across.

Quickly, I swerved leftwards to avoid it and the vehicle skidded, in the twilight, I saw sparks flying all around me and thought the vehicle had caught fire, as it skidded, I could feel that critical moment in physics, a threshold moment to a summersault. I steered to the right to control and the vehicle spun round and I felt it 'fly' sideways into the bush. As it went in, just ahead of me, I saw a concrete electric pole ahead, having lost control, I braced myself for an impact, but the car stopped abruptly, just a metre from the pole.

Dazed for a moment, I opened the door and came out, there was no scratch on me. I looked at the car and there was none on it either. I noticed then that it was a rear tyre that burst during the manouvre to avoid the crater. The sparks I saw flying all around me was the wheel grinding the tarmac.

I looked up and there was this crowd of people all around me. A whole line of vehicles on the road had stopped to see what had become of me. One of them said, "Oga, just thank God, you don't even know what God did for you, its we behind you that saw it all". Another chap looked at the rear of the car and shouted "Hey no wonder, he is a Christian, look at his bible here, come and see, look at his bible".

I couldn't agree less, imagine being delivered from a car inferno, a summersault and a collision, all at once. At each point, I felt an invisible hand shield me. Its just as the psalmist says-though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I'll fear no evil. I thought I was going to die yet I felt peace. It can ONLY be God.

The Lord says he will make me hard and unyielding like a bronze wall against my enemies. He promised to deliver me from the lion's mouth and bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. I have been inscribed in the palm of His hands, my walls are ever before Him.

I may not have seen him, but the Lord's angel was there with me to keep me safe. May he keep you safe also from every peril of life in Jesus name. Do you believe in Jesus, are you saved and delivered from your sins? If not, take a moment to pray this prayer:

Heavenly Father, I know I've sinned against you and my fellow man. I know I deserve to die, please Father forgive me, I know you sent your Son Jesus to die for my sins. Cleanse me from my mess and make me an overcomer. Sanctify me by faith and give me an inheritance with the saints. In Jesus name I pray, amen. Yes friend, he heard you. Hang on with Jesus, He'll never fail you.

Yeah, I believe in angels! If you do, say so...

1 Like

Re: Mysteries Of Life: Angels Are Real by CAPTAINT1: 12:12pm On Sep 19, 2012
how long will these angels look after you, till 156 yrs , lolllllll
Re: Mysteries Of Life: Angels Are Real by nikkyshyne(f): 12:18pm On Sep 19, 2012
WOW!! This is amazing. Some people will never believe until they become victims themselves.

Yes. They do exist.
Re: Mysteries Of Life: Angels Are Real by God2man(m): 1:49pm On Sep 19, 2012
@poster,I say Amen to your prayer. Thanks.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Mysteries Of Life: Angels Are Real by CAPTAINT1: 3:14am On Sep 20, 2012
when are nigerians ever going to get rid of folk tales

(1) (Reply)

Ethical Way Of Reducing Population / The Wrath Of God Is Present Tense Not Future Tense / Would You Obey ur Pastor/priest If He Asked U To Fast On A Day Lik Dis(new Year)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.