Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. (9516 Views)

Marine Engineering Aspirants And Practitioners: Any Future? / Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners / Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by joey4jo: 4:56pm On Sep 19, 2012
Hi everyone,
Mechatronics engineering is the synergistic combination of Mechanical engineering, Electronic engineering, Computer engineering,computer science, Control engineering, and Systems Design engineering in order to design, and manufacture useful products and other applications.
This is a new and interesting field, I would like to know if that's the case in reality in nigeria. So mechatronics engineers on nairaland please drop a comment on your experience, you don't have to be one or in nigeria. What ever you can contribute please do.
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by Everest9(m): 4:58pm On Sep 19, 2012
ok na
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by joey4jo: 5:12pm On Sep 19, 2012
Everest9: ok na
Are you one?
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by olanshi: 9:55am On Sep 20, 2012
joey4jo: Hi everyone,
Mechatronics engineering is the synergistic combination of Mechanical engineering, Electronic engineering, Computer engineering,computer science, Control engineering, and Systems Design engineering in order to design, and manufacture useful products and other applications.
This is a new and interesting field, I would like to know if that's the case in reality in nigeria. So mechatronics engineers on nairaland please drop a comment on your experience, you don't have to be one or in nigeria. What ever you can contribute please do.

Is there a technical training company here in Nigeria offers the Mechatronics engineering hands on practical course?

Or do you have any company outside the country?

Please share more infor if you have them..

Thanks.
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by joey4jo: 5:39pm On Sep 20, 2012
^^^
Presonally I haven't heard of any, that's the reason why this thread was created. So that we can explore more into this field.
I am just a student.
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by joey4jo: 12:41pm On Sep 22, 2012
Am shocked!! Thought this place would be flooding with comments.
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by olanshi: 12:50pm On Sep 22, 2012
Mechatronic engineering is a new course in town, am also looking to go for the practical training of the course anytime soon...

I haven't seen any company here in Nigeria that offers the training for prospective candidate..

Still keeping my fingers crossed
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by AjanleKoko: 5:22pm On Sep 22, 2012
joey4jo: Hi everyone,

Are you a mechatronic engineer yourself? undecided
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by joey4jo: 7:56pm On Sep 22, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Are you a mechatronic engineer yourself? undecided
Nope, not yet. grin
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by AjanleKoko: 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2012
joey4jo:
Nope, not yet. grin

Okay. We just needed to clear that up. So what are you studying exactly?
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by nitrogen(m): 9:29pm On Sep 22, 2012
mechatronics??
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by member10: 12:27am On Sep 23, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Okay. We just needed to clear that up. So what are you studying exactly?
Mechanical/production engineering.
But I am seriously surprised at the fact that there are no mechatronic engineers on nairaland, I know its a new field and all that but at least, haba!!!
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by yemmyma: 9:55am On Sep 23, 2012
Oh, God bless Germany, many schools offer this course and its affiliates and for freeeeee.
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by olanshi: 10:39am On Sep 23, 2012
yemmy_ma: Oh, God bless Germany, many schools offer this course and its affiliates and for freeeeee.

Pls which school or technical training institute in germany do you know that offers the course.

It will be a great favor if you can list them.

Thanks.
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by yemmyma: 12:04pm On Sep 23, 2012
http://www2.uni-siegen.de/mechatronics/

Mechatronics curriculum
1st and 2nd semester: graduate courses in Control and System Theory, Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering with the corresponding laboratories
3rd semester: Advanced Control Theory, Applied Computer Science and Mechatronics
4th semester: Master Thesis in one of the active research groups of the department

http://www.come.tum.de/cms/

Computation in Engineering
Computational Material Modeling 1
FE-Modelling, Simulation and Validation
Finite Element Methods I
Continuum Mechanics and Tensor Analysis
Fluid Mechanics and Turbulence

For more, google www.daad.de then continue from there.
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by member10: 12:26pm On Sep 23, 2012
yemmy_ma: Oh, God bless Germany, many schools offer this course and its affiliates and for freeeeee.
Are you one, if you don't mind me asking?
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by yemmyma: 12:55pm On Sep 23, 2012
كلورين:
Are you one, if you don't mind me asking?

nah, Logistics Engineering
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by member10: 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2012
yemmy_ma:

nah, Logistics Engineering
Hmm, sounds interesting.
Went through the first link you provided, that doesn't look free! Except there's somthing am not getting.
Did you also study in germany? Heard there racists.
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by yemmyma: 3:33am On Sep 24, 2012
500 euros is almost free my bro. There is racism everywhere bro, just be yourself.
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by joey4jo: 5:37am On Sep 24, 2012
yemmy_ma: 500 euros is almost free my bro. There is racism everywhere bro, just be yourself.
True talk, but some places more than others. You got to consider safety. What's the point if there's a high possibility you wouldn't finish alive. Get my point!?
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by uceee(m): 9:27am On Sep 24, 2012
Mechatronics Engineering, a course after my own heart. Its such a well rounded course that prepares one for diverse challenges in the manufacturing industry. Its a pity that only 1 or 2 private unis in Nigeria offer the course.
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by joey4jo: 12:39pm On Sep 24, 2012
uceee: Mechatronics Engineering, a course after my own heart. Its such a well rounded course that prepares one for diverse challenges in the manufacturing industry. Its a pity that only 1 or 2 private unis in Nigeria offer the course.
Are you trying to say no federal uni offers the coures? Because my uni does and its a fedral uni.
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by yemmyma: 1:08pm On Sep 24, 2012
joey4jo:
True talk, but some places more than others. You got to consider safety. What's the point if there's a high possibility you wouldn't finish alive. Get my point!?

Have you been to Germany before? have you lived anywhere in the Europe Union before? Are those making a living in those countries returning to Nigeria because of racism?
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by uceee(m): 1:33pm On Sep 24, 2012
joey4jo:
Are you trying to say no federal uni offers the coures? Because my uni does and its a fedral uni.
which Uni is that?
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by joey4jo: 2:08pm On Sep 24, 2012
yemmy_ma:

Have you been to Germany before? have you lived anywhere in the Europe Union before? Are those making a living in those countries returning to Nigeria because of racism?
I haven't but I have related with people who have, and that was the story they told. If you have a different opinion you are welcome to share.
uceee: which Uni is that?
ATBU its in bauchi state. They just started though.
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by uceee(m): 3:09pm On Sep 24, 2012
joey4jo:
ATBU its in bauchi state. They just started though.
ATBU-Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Bauchi. I just checked it out. According to the school website, the school started in 1980. Funny that I never heard about it till now. How well do they offer the course? Practicals? Is it as in depth as it should or just a clone of mechanical Engineering?
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by AjanleKoko: 3:26pm On Sep 24, 2012
I wonder why people ask these questions.
Why do you need to study mechatronics at undergraduate level? Especially when the fundamentals of control engineering is well-covered in mechanical or electrical engineering. In fact, control theory cuts across chemical, mechanical, and electrical engineering.

People just read up one name on the Internet and start feeling funky with themselves.
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by joey4jo: 4:02pm On Sep 24, 2012
uceee: ATBU-Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Bauchi. I just checked it out. According to the school website, the school started in 1980. Funny that I never heard about it till now. How well do they offer the course? Practicals? Is it as in depth as it should or just a clone of mechanical Engineering?
Yeah, am not surprised! I get that a lot, its a small school. At a time it was the best place to study engineering in nigeria, talking about some years back, if you check wikipedia, I think it should still be there. but considering how things backslide in nigeria.. Enough said.
ATBU programmes are good and am not just saying because I school there.
Civil programme have some equipments that construction companies pay to use
Geology programme also and so many other programmes.
The programme is new, they just admitted the first batch, and their complex is still under construction, believe it would be completed very soon.
AjanleKoko: I wonder why people ask these questions.
Why do you need to study mechatronics at undergraduate level? Especially when the fundamentals of control engineering is well-covered in mechanical or electrical engineering. In fact, control theory cuts across chemical, mechanical, and electrical engineering.

People just read up one name on the Internet and start feeling funky with themselves.
Why do you always feel the need to bash people looking for information? I believe that's one of the purpose of the forum? If your so intolerant as a mod, I wonder how you will be as a leader.
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by AjanleKoko: 4:10pm On Sep 24, 2012
joey4jo:
Why do you always feel the need to bash people looking for information? I believe that's one of the purpose of the forum? If your so intolerant as a mod, I wonder how you will be as a leader.

You not only need to be bashed, you should be flogged even. tongue
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by joey4jo: 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2012
AjanleKoko:

You not only need to be bashed, you should be flogged even. tongue
Internet bully..SMH.
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by AjanleKoko: 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2012
joey4jo:
Internet bully..SMH.

You know that thread about moderators you hate?
Abeg go complain there. grin
Re: Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. by joey4jo: 4:32pm On Sep 24, 2012
AjanleKoko:

You know that thread about moderators you hate?
Abeg go complain there. grin
Oh no, don't get me wrong. I don't hate you. What's there to hate about you? Would hating you affect the price of gary neville in transfer market?
Its just saddening, you giving small power as a mod!!! And you abuse it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA / ThisDay Workers Prepare For Strike Over Unpaid Salaries / Police Sack 8 Officers, Discipline 108 In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.