Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,781 members, 7,837,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

What Is In A Name??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is In A Name??? (501 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is In A Name??? by sessydoo(m): 5:04pm On Sep 19, 2012
Hi guys, What is in a name I have seen so many people after their conversion probably to a Born again Xtian or conversion to Islam, they tend to change their names, for example Osanyintola to oluwatola, Sangobiyi to Oluwabiyi and some Jesubiyi, Oshadele to Kareem etc. Sometimes the resultant effects of these changes cannot be over-emphasized, ranging from the cost-implication, family missing link, and at times difficulty in proving your identity. I know of a guy who almost bleeped his cousin just because somehow along the line, someone has decided to change his or her name. However there are still some that maintain their identity even after conversion, at least i know a pastor called Past. Ogundele (God of Iron has arrived home...lol hope im right) Meanwhile in the western world, they dont care whatever name you bear and thats why they bear all sorts of names e.g Beans, Rice, Stone, Wood, Snake (lyn), Dick, Beer, Butcher and so on. Honestly i want mature contributions, what is in a name? Is it compulsory you change your name after conversion esp for those that consider their names not beffiting to their new religious status? Does it worth the stress? What happens if you maintain your name even after conversion? I have seen so many people that maintain their names and they are still successful both in ministry and physically. What do you think NL?
Re: What Is In A Name??? by sessydoo(m): 1:23pm On Sep 20, 2012
Na wa ooo, so icant get any advice on this frm NL, Seun whats goin on? Maybe i shld take my questn to Facebook then?

(1) (Reply)

Tests Of God / What Is The Reason For All This Misery, Depression And Tensions? How To Remove / Fighting With Divorce, Could She Be Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.