Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,663 members, 7,862,041 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:07 AM

Fighting With Divorce, Could She Be Right? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fighting With Divorce, Could She Be Right? (501 Views)

If God Were Evil,he'd Still Be Right. / Could This Be Right In The "House Of God" Or Is This Segregation???????????????? / Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fighting With Divorce, Could She Be Right? by plappville(f): 2:22pm On Oct 15, 2012
Her Husband is about to divorce her. It's been 4yrs till date, No more intimacy.
The man has been abstaining because He refuses His wife's plan in having another child.They have a 6 yrs old son.

The story goes like this:

The Husband gave His reasons why He will not have another child. He said He is ok with One child at His age, He is too old to Father an infant,
He wouldn't want to have children He cannot afford good education for them etc etc....

My friend said, she want them to have a second child because she felt thier 1st child is feeling too lonely. and that she cant help having only one child.
They couldn't agree to each other, Thier case is getting serious each passing day. No one could make both of them understand anything. They are fixed in thier decision.

This made me to call my friend back to her passed ignorance when she reported the matter to me. Sometimes We want to believe we know too much when we know nothing.
I could remember when thier child was 18 months old. "My friend got pregnant" she decided to abort the baby. Because:
Husband said its too early, bla bla, so she surported her husband's argument with: (I can't have another child until my son will be 3yrs)

My counsel for her was that she shouldn't involve herself in abortion. I didn't see why a married woman should practice such.
This lady ignored my advice, i felt its kind of normal, as she cannot obey an outsider to her Hubby.
She took an appointed for the abortion. (Wetin i fit add again). Abortion was done with success.

After a yr, she tought she was pregnant, she went for a text the result was positive, she was very happy.
Unfortunately, the laboratory called her to inform her they made a mistake that the result was for someone else.
Funny enough She didn't even check if it was her name written on it. She felt very sad and disappointed.

Few months later, She noticed Her husband was limiting having intimacy with her. And was even doing (withdrawal method) which was not normal.
She became agitated and she questioned Him. It was then Oga replied, Sorry, I think we should play safe to avoid having a baby.
My friend was shocked. She asked why, Oga started giving the above excuses.The man involve is a Pagan. while the wife is now a young convert.
The question is this. Her husband is pressing her for the divorce, and she has finally given up in despaired.
She said, though she hasn't signed the divorce paper yet, but before she does that, She wanted to know if she can remarry as a christian.

I told her the bible condemn divorce. She now brought up a tough question i couldn't answer.
She asked: You know my husband had another wife before me, so i am his second wife, been that i got married to him while i was yet unbelieve
i never felt i have stolen someones Husband. Now that i am a believer, its clear that He was never my husband at the first place according to
ONE MAN ONE WIFE in the bible: (1 Corinthians 7:2) But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.
She concluded that, The first woman was the true wife of her husband, she said after her divorce, can she marry un unmarried man?
Could she be right? I am not getting her (logic of first and second wife issue), but i know the bible never surported divorce in Her case. what can you say to this woman? Plz help.
Thank you in advance.
Re: Fighting With Divorce, Could She Be Right? by OmoAlata(f): 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2012
Since she is a believer and her husband is not, and he is the one pressing for the divorce, I think she is free from the law wink
Re: Fighting With Divorce, Could She Be Right? by plappville(f): 8:35pm On Oct 15, 2012
Omo Alata: Since she is a believer and her husband is not, and he is the one pressing for the divorce, I think she is free from the law wink

Really? are you talking in respect of this verse? To the rest I say (I, not the Lord) that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her. If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy. ...
Re: Fighting With Divorce, Could She Be Right? by plappville(f): 9:37am On Oct 18, 2012
Where are all the christian marriage couples that knows the marriage laws.......plz help Her, she may backslide if care is not taken as i can vision it!

(1) (Reply)

Does Morality Require A Divine Origin? / God Answers / Your Favorite Quotes From Your Pastor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.