Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,318 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land (3244 Views)

Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. / Do African Americans Have A Culture? / African-Americans And Their Igbo Roots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Biggyd2: 7:35am On Sep 20, 2012
In less than two months, some African (black) Americans who recently traced their Origin to Igbo land through DNA test will embark on a home coming to Igbo land to identify with their ancestral home land. They are expected to arrive at Rojenny Tourist village Oba ahead of the Obibia Eri Festival at Aguleri Otu

To this end, the chief organizer of the visit and former special Adviser to former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Art and Culture Professor Catherine Acholomu has appealed to the Government of Anambra state to take urgent measures to upgrade Rojenny Tourist Village for the comfort of the histrionic home coming of the Igbos from the yanks land

Professor Acholonu stated that Rojenny was choused to host the visitors because of its atmosphere of nature with great tourist attraction, assuring that the visitors would be very comfortable in Oba if the facilities at Rojenny are up graded to appreciable standard.

She decried the poor condition of virtually all facilities in Rojenny particularly the stadium which looks like war relics, adding that the amusement park, the club house, the zoo and the environment are not just in good shape. She however noted that facilities like the refurbished Bat Soneco Hotel and Suites, the swimming pool and the tennis court are in good shape to some level of degree

She commended the proprietor chief Rommy Ezeonwuka for his efforts in establishing and maintaining Rojenny to the best of his abilities, calling on Anambra State Government to aid Rojenny village to enable it regain its status as a wonderful Tourist and Games Village East on the Niger.

DNA test: Black American traces their Origin to Igbo land, set to come home

The African (Black) Americans who exist in American lands of the US, Canada, South American and Caribbean countries have traced their origin to Igbo land following Deoxyribo-Nudeic-Acid (DNA) test conducted by researchers. And following the discovering however, the black Americans are set to come home to identity with their ancestral home of Igbo land.

A renowned researcher on art, culture and history Professor Catherine Acholonu disclosed this to journalists in press briefing in Onitsha. Professor Acholornu informed that the proposed historic home coming to Igbo land by black Americans is a home coming of those who were sold to the white men during the era of slave trade.

The renowned researcher who is a one-time Presidential Adviser to former President Oluseguu Obasanjo on Art and Culture also told journalists that American based firm NAUAS Int’l Consortium Inc USA in collaboration with Catherine Alcholonu Research Center is partnering with Anambra State Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism to organize the historic home coming.

She said that on arrival, the visitors will stay at Rojenny Village Oba from where they will go to places like Eri Palace in Enugu Aguleri and others places like Igbo Ukwu Mesuem, Ogbunike cave, Agulu Lake and Omambala River etc.

She stated that there is going to be an exercise to cleanse the visitors off the stigma of slave trade to be carried out at Omambala River noting that the visitors would find ways to fully integrate into the lives of Ndi Igbo.

Her words “they are going to hence forth be part and parcel of the Igbo people and as such would grab every opportunity to settle, participate and contribute to the all affairs of Ndi Igbo through the help of the state Government, traditional rulers, town union, churches and other bodies.

“For example, a governor or a traditional can say okay take this land and develop it as residential apartment in other words a village or community or town could adapt them as members of their entity and I can assure you that anybody that could be able to recognize them with such opportunity wont regret it.

The Professor who made shocking revelation on history saying that the Igbo man is the father of civilization, science and language informed that the Igbo man is the original father of the Jews contrary to popular impression that the Igbos are from the Jews land.

“No I don’t agree with you, the Jews are from Igbo land, not the Igbo from Jews, you see we have to rewrite history because a lot of things they tell us about history are wrong, a lot of them” he added.
http://247ureports.com/african-americans-home-coming-to-igbo-land/
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by eduson55(m): 8:25am On Sep 20, 2012
IGBO FOREVER...
WE NO DEY CARRY LAST.

Madam,Abeg mix peper soup and bean.
add 3 kpomo,one plantain and some okporo.
pour kunu join am.
spray some stew on top sharp sharp!! no time.
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by odumchi: 9:55pm On Sep 20, 2012
Congrats to them.

The funny thing is that they went to Anambra of all places when it's most likely that they came from elsewhere. Well, I guess you have to start somewhere.

1 Like

Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by ifyalways(f): 11:27pm On Sep 20, 2012
Rojenny still existing ? shocked shocked
awww,good ol'days.That place was the bomb then.
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2012
eduson55: IGBO FOREVER...
WE NO DEY CARRY LAST.

Madam,Abeg mix peper soup and bean.
add 3 kpomo,one plantain and some okporo.
pour kunu join am.
spray some stew on top sharp sharp!! no time.
I don't get!! How is this something Igbos should be proud about??
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Afam4eva(m): 1:23pm On Sep 21, 2012
This is good. They should also be taken to strategic places in Igboland.
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by kengis: 5:51pm On Sep 21, 2012
Shollypopz:
Good question ! There's nothing to be proud about at least in my opinion
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by MrsChima1(f): 7:07pm On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva: This is good. They should also be taken to strategic places in Igboland.

Are you still trying to get into some anus? grin grin grin
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Afam4eva(m): 7:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Is it because i used the word "strategic"? lol grin
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by MrsChima(f): 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva:
Is it because i used the word "strategic"? lol grin

Because you were advertising heavily in family section. I told my hubby he said you have every right to dig in your wifes anus. He said some men likes getting into shitty situations.
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Blyss: 10:34pm On Sep 21, 2012
Shollypopz:

LOL @ this hattin azz Yoruba. Why is it that it's only you Yoruba who get all uptight over any type of Igbo/Black American connection or event. With the exception of that godless Aboki around here, you folks seem to be the only ones to make a fuss over this issue.

4 Likes

Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Blyss: 10:36pm On Sep 21, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Because you were advertising heavily in family section. I told my hubby he said you have every right to dig in your wifes anus. He said some men likes getting into shitty situations.

And your husband is Yoruba, correct?
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 21, 2012
Blyss:

LOL @ this hattin azz Yoruba. Why is it that it's only you Yoruba who get all uptight over any type of Igbo/Black American connection or event. With the exception of that godless Aboki around here, you folks seem to be the only ones to make a fuss over this issue.
Errm Blyss, carry ur jagbajantis commot my side this afternoon ooo.....How I dey hate, abi rubbish dey hungry u talk??!!

Wetin concern Yoruba 4 d mata naa...Na u I ask question?? If u no fit answer my question, fecck off!

I/diot oshi, Oniranu!!

1 Like

Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 21, 2012
kengis:
Good question ! There's nothing to be proud about at least in my opinion
GBAM!!
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Blyss: 12:10am On Sep 22, 2012
Shollypopz:
Errm Blyss, carry ur jagbajantis commot my side this afternoon ooo.....How I dey hate, abi rubbish dey hungry u talk??!!

Wetin concern Yoruba 4 d mata naa...Na u I ask question?? If u no fit answer my question, fecck off!

I/diot oshi, Oniranu!!

Perhaps if you'd repeat that in English instead of gibberish, I'd be able to give you a proper response. cheesy

1 Like

Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

my gawd! shocked

Blyss:

Perhaps if you'd repeat that in English instead of gibberish, I'd be able to give you a proper response. cheesy

she is basically saying "fck off" and asking you what does the yoruba have to do with it, how is she hating and that you can't answer the question....basically "fck off" LOL!
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Blyss: 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2012
Who are you, her Mammy?

1 Like

Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 22, 2012
Blyss: Who are you, her Mammy?

que es mammy?

jo no comprendo ingless, hip hop, yo no speako ebonics! grin grin
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Blyss: 4:30pm On Sep 22, 2012
*Kails*:

que es mammy?

jo no comprendo ingless, hip hop, yo no speako ebonics! grin grin

No.
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 22, 2012
Blyss:

No.

lol just fckin wit ya.
and no i am not her "mammy" wise azz. just showing off my pidgin comprehension skills. cool
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Blyss: 4:41pm On Sep 22, 2012
*Kails*:

lol just fckin wit ya.
and no i am not her "mammy" wise azz. just showing off my pidgin comprehension skills. cool

Humm, interesting. Are another one those Black American/Other mixed people on here? There seems to be like a large crop of such floating around here of lately.
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2012
Blyss:

Warning: The viciousness in which it was written will be toned down by the English language!

Errm(hollering) take ur load of crap away frm me dis afternoon ooo(d triple o shows exaggeration)......How am I hating, or u're just desperate 2 type rubbish??!!

What does being Yoruba hv 2 do wiv dis issue??.........Was it u I posed my questn 2?? If u can't answer my questn, fecck off!!(F*UCK OFF in Ghanaian accent)

S.tupid I/diot!! Nonsense soul!!
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 22, 2012
Blyss:

Humm, interesting. Are another one those Black American/Other mixed people on here? There seems to be like a large crop of such floating around here of lately.

shut up there blyss.
you know it's msdarkskin.
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 22, 2012
Shollypopz: take ur load of crap away frm me dis afternoon ooo

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Blyss: 6:29pm On Sep 22, 2012
*Kails*:

shut up there blyss.
you know it's msdarkskin.

Humm, well I actually didn't know that. Lucky guess on the ethnic mixture part by me. Anyway, so you've been banned again, ey? smiley Now you've come back with Kails; presumably because your name is Kelly or perhaps Kelis, correct? undecided
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 22, 2012
Blyss:

Humm, well I actually didn't know that. Lucky guess on the ethnic mixture part by me. Anyway, so you've been banned again, ey? smiley Now you've come back with Kails; presumably because your name is Kelly or perhaps Kelis, correct? undecided

no neither of them are my name. smiley
lol. and i wasn't banned. i created this account to get a "fresh start". grin
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2012
odumchi: Congrats to them.

The funny thing is that they went to Anambra of all places when it's most likely that they came from elsewhere. Well, I guess you have to start somewhere.

yeah but how would they know? undecided
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Blyss: 7:00pm On Sep 22, 2012
Shollypopz:
Warning: The viciousness in which it was written will be toned down by the English language!

Errm(hollering) take ur load of crap away frm me dis afternoon ooo(d triple o shows exaggeration)......How am I hating, or u're just desperate 2 type rubbish??!!

What does being Yoruba hv 2 do wiv dis issue??.........Was it u I posed my questn 2?? If u can't answer my questn, fecck off!!(F*UCK OFF in Ghanaian accent)

S.tupid I/diot!! Nonsense soul!!

Humm, well that's a little better, though still splattered with a bunch of teenybopper structure and word use. I can surely see well that they're giving out MBA's to any ol body these days. wink Now in regard to your jibber-jabber; the English version, contrary to your belief, actually gives your thingy up there a more serious tone than the latter form in which made it seem rather comical. Thank you for your poorest effort at formatting that thingy for the likes of me.

Now you've asked me "How am I hating"; well you were being blatantly jealously sinister (hatting) upon the topic at hand, as many Yoruba, Ghanaian's, Liberians, Senegambians and some few others I've witnessed tend to often be in regard to the topic at hand for one reason or the other. By the way most of everything I type is sensible, I refrain from typing rubbish. Watch your language next time you respond to me; I didn't curse at you and I expect the same courtesy from you to me when you speak to me. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Blyss: 7:04pm On Sep 22, 2012
*Kails*:

no neither of them are my name. smiley
lol. and i wasn't banned. i created this account to get a "fresh start". grin

Well your fresh start seems to be going sour rather quick. cheesy What is the meaning behind your new fresh start name, if I may ask?
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 22, 2012
Blyss:

Humm, well that's a little better, though still splattered with a bunch of teenybopper structure and word use. I can surely see well that they're giving out MBA's to any ol body these days. wink Now in regard to your jibber-jabber; the English version, contrary to your belief, actually gives your thingy up there a more serious tone than the latter form in which made it seem rather comical. Thank you for your poorest effort at formatting that thingy for the likes of me.

Now you've asked me "How am I hating"; well you were being blatantly jealously sinister (hatting) upon the topic at hand, as many Yoruba, Ghanaian's, Liberians, Senegambians and some few others I've witnessed tend to often be in regard to the topic at hand for one reason or the other. By the way most of everything I type is sensible, I refrain from typing rubbish. Watch your language next time you respond to me; I didn't curse at you and I expect the same courtesy from you to me when you speak to me. Thank you.
OMG!! I don't hv an MBA.....I'm just about to tk d GMAT!! By d way, how do u know this, are u like stalking me IRL??!!

How old are you??!! Who says teenybopper??!!

You've dragged this 4 too long, I've lost interest! undecided
Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 22, 2012
Blyss:

Well your fresh start seems to be going sour rather quick. cheesy What is the meaning behind your new fresh start name, if I may ask?

that is what happens when you are stalked by deranged psychos.
unfortunately i am not @ the point in life where i can tune out mofos who won't leave me alone....oh wait...[size=28pt]WHO CAN?!![/size]

anyway, and you may laugh but I am seriously looking into Buddhism.
I want to learn what it means to be humble on and offline...around ppl and alone. I have a long way but I'll get there. smiley

OFFTOPIC: **thinking aloud: ...ok i see that red font stating that i have a personal message in my inbox...i sincerely hope it is important.**

1 Like

Re: African Americans Home Coming To Igbo Land by Blyss: 10:17pm On Sep 22, 2012
Shollypopz:
OMG!! I don't hv an MBA.....I'm just about to tk d GMAT!! By d way, how do u know this, are u like stalking me IRL??!!

How old are you??!! Who says teenybopper??!!

You've dragged this 4 too long, I've lost interest! undecided

During our very first interaction with each other about 2 to 3 months ago, you were spewing off some nonsense about Black-Americans, as is typical, I confronted you about it and in the exchange of my logic and your ignorance, you claimed you had a MBA, in which I called BS on. Obviously I was correct. cheesy I'm 33, and you are obviously either very young and or very young minded.

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Languages In Nigeria. / How Do I Learn Igbo? / New Yoruba Movie: AYE MI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.