Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? (13454 Views)

Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States / Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery / Has This Happens To You Recently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by yemmight(m): 11:51am On Sep 20, 2012
Few months ago, it was Glo and I had to switch to Airtel for my BB services. However, in the last three days, Airtel has gone offline and suddenly came up this morning.

Honestly for me it's has been so frustrating. I cannot load, call or receive calls. I cannot view or send mails. Airtel has not issued any public statement on this and i think it can only happen in an environment like ours. angry angry angry
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by 4peace(m): 1:28pm On Sep 20, 2012
same here bro but some line still worked
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by puskin: 2:00pm On Sep 20, 2012
Hmmmm.......so that was why I wasn't able to use my line undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 20, 2012
I don't Xpect HELLtel to issue an apology. It is normal in a society like ours where NCC/Info ministry executives enjoy fr33 data and voice facilities from the service providers.

April this, same thing happened. I forgave HELLtel despite loosing the trust of my boss when he couldn't reach me. But now, ETISALAT looks more promising than the others on deathrow.

1 Like

Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by Obinoscopy(m): 3:14pm On Sep 20, 2012
Same thing happened with their opera mini services. They just refused to apologise
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by Agbomoses(m): 4:38pm On Sep 20, 2012
why re they like this
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by lololo5: 4:41pm On Sep 20, 2012
What is Airtel?
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by smartjyke(m): 4:43pm On Sep 20, 2012
I don't know why all these network providers are messing up. NCC really have to wake up. But for me, i still prefer Airtel because of their wide coverage. Airtel 3G is almost every where I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Nig. M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ bit

2 Likes

Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by walcolm(m): 4:45pm On Sep 20, 2012
i heard it was an upgrade but seems they are now back
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by Sobams07: 4:45pm On Sep 20, 2012
D only problem i have wit dem is dis opera mini dat is not working all other tin is ok
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by xtremeidea(m): 4:46pm On Sep 20, 2012
really My internet is working well o!!!
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by puskin: 4:49pm On Sep 20, 2012
xtremeidea: really My internet is working well o!!!

Now....YES.....before......like day before yesterday.....NO.
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by Deyinka007: 4:49pm On Sep 20, 2012
Didn't notice any breakdown here..
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by xeryve(m): 4:49pm On Sep 20, 2012
I have not witness any ''shut down. My fone has been downloading without hassle. The only thing I notice is that my opera mini interface has changed from MTN to AIRTEL

1 Like

Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by Reference(m): 4:54pm On Sep 20, 2012
yemmight: Few months ago, it was Glo and I had to switch to Airtel for my BB services. However, in the last three days, Airtel has gone offline and suddenly came up this morning.

Honestly for me it's has been so frustrating. I cannot load, call or receive calls. I cannot view or send mails. Airtel has not issued any public statement on this and i think it can only happen in an environment like ours. angry angry angry

At least thank your stars you have alternatives. Wish power and petrol had options. Next time never lean too heavily on any network. I have all the lines and feed them lightly. Its more expensive but nothing compared to the loss of a long subscription.

Except that I can only do peep shows on Nairaland via Etisalat. Seun, what is going on. Why can't I log in.
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by Reference(m): 4:59pm On Sep 20, 2012
aze: I don't Xpect HELLtel to issue an apology. It is normal in a society like ours where NCC/Info ministry executives enjoy fr33 data and voice facilities from the service providers.

April this, same thing happened. I forgave HELLtel despite loosing the trust of my boss when he couldn't reach me. But now, ETISALAT looks more promising than the others on deathrow.

Na. With the options available no one should be fazed by any operator. I am never unreachable.
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by xtremeidea(m): 4:59pm On Sep 20, 2012
puskin:

Now....YES.....before......like day before yesterday.....NO.

Ohhhh!! didnt notice!! the only breakdown i noticed is MTN that has been misbehaving for the past 3 weeks!!! am even hating BB cuz of MTN issues.

this are the kind of things we get from nigeria. at the end they wont apologise!!!
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by onlineadejoh(m): 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2012
Though I use Airtel on my BB but I never experienced ur ordeal. That's not to say you're lying anyway cos our services in Naija is just a product of grace. Take heart bro, cos switching to MTN will be ur worse nightmare, or better call it 'from frying pan to fire' undecided

1 Like

Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by Gonzaga1010(m): 5:02pm On Sep 20, 2012
Dat is 2 bad
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by jaykaye: 5:03pm On Sep 20, 2012
i decided to switch from mtn to airtel bis some wks back but i can say that im seriously dissappointed. no bis network for 4days now & no apology message from them like they are forming not to know whassup ven prior to that time, bbm msgs keep hanging due to poor network and u cant even get their customer care it keeps saying somestuff of not being able to reach a customer care agent at this time. its f***king annoying sad though mtn still has d WORST BIS EVER. il try etisalat, been getting good comments bout theirs

1 Like

Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by DeGenius3(m): 5:03pm On Sep 20, 2012
onlineadejoh: Though I use Airtel on my BB but I never experienced ur ordeal. That's not to say you're lying anyway cos our services in Naija is just a product of grace. Take heart bro, cos switching to MTN will be ur worse nightmare, or better call it 'from frying pan to fire' undecided

Tell'em. you better be careful with MTN cos they'll make your life "richer"

1 Like

Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by jaybee(f): 5:04pm On Sep 20, 2012
i did not notice any disruption of airtel service - voice and data. may be just lucky
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by vislabraye(m): 5:04pm On Sep 20, 2012
My BB service was not workin well some days ago. Didn't know what caused it.
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by syria: 5:04pm On Sep 20, 2012
Hell tel is simply telling from the pit of hell.
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by onlineadejoh(m): 5:08pm On Sep 20, 2012
lololo5: What is Airtel?

Your girlfriend's middle name! U Idi**!!
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by fankasibe: 5:10pm On Sep 20, 2012
It affected my in-take of oxygen *chuking to death* help meeee!!
I need AIRtel to breath

1 Like

Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 20, 2012
Don't know about others but for me, after running around, MTN remains the most reliable. Especially if you are in areas where they have their 3G network like the big cities. I used etisalat until last month. They work fine too but had to drop them as my airtime kept on disappearing each time I leave airtime on it. In the whole months of this ordeal,they weren't able to tell me what I did/am doing wrong. I also hate carrying two phones so had to reluctantly fall back to my MTN.So far so good.
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by jude33084(m): 5:17pm On Sep 20, 2012
Maybe it was network prob. undecided Speaking about airtel, any airtel bis laptop tweaks in τhe house? wink
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 20, 2012
Seriously, l ve da whole networkz sims. In the past when emptyHEN, HELLtel and Gload misbehaved 'cos of rainfall, ETISALAT have proved to be the BEST ALTERNATIVE and Da Real Game Changer- data, voice etc.

Am ready to start using my etisalat for data services again.

jaykaye: i decided to switch from mtn to airtel bis some wks back but i can say that im seriously dissappointed. no bis network for 4days now & no apology message from them like they are forming not to know whassup angry even prior to that time, bbm msgs keep hanging due to poor network and u cant even get their customer care it keeps saying some nonsense of not being able to reach a customer care agent at this time. its f**king annoying undecided though mtn still has d WORST BIS EVER. il try etisalat, been getting good comments bout theirs
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by hizaya61(m): 5:19pm On Sep 20, 2012
here is ogun hell-tel is the worst-est network you can't check account balance, no call, can't send sms even flashing and browsing is as slow as if is my great grand mother that is running

1 Like

Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by elampiro(m): 5:22pm On Sep 20, 2012
I didn't notice it. Airtel remains the best for me.
Re: How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently? by azpekuliar: 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2012
I haven't been able to browse on my Airtel line for over 2weeks now despite having over 950MB on it. Really frustrating.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Cell Phones Becoming More Popular Than Toilets? The Data Says Yes! / Shareit: Best Multi Platform Share App On The Planet / Help!!!! I Cant Remember My Mtn Share N Sell Pin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.