Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery (23948 Views)

What Phone Do You Use And How Long Does The Battery Last. / Why You Should Always Switch Off Your Phone Before Removing the battery / How Long Do You Use A Phone Before Getting A New One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by habeeblai244(m): 9:06am On Jan 03, 2016
Why you should always Shut down Your Phone before removing the battery

Many people are fond of this atitude, they just pulled out the battery without shutting down your phone.

Lemme tell you some reason this is bad for your phone.

When you turn the phone off correctly, it knows that power will be disconnected shortly. That means all the apps and the operating system get the chance to save whatever needs to be saved and to go through their proper shutdown sequence.
Simply removing the battery will essentially instantly crash every running app as well as the operating system. It's like unplugging your computer while it's running; you can do it, but it's a bad idea.

And another is that While turning off your phone, the operating system ensures that every access to the phone's memory and external memory is properly terminated. If you take out the battery before shutting, you may corrupt the memory which may lead to unexpected behavior. Always turn off your phone before taking out the battery.

Hope you get this, so always tell others to turn off thier phone before removing the battery.

More phone tips coming your way. Stay tune.

source : www.naijapally.tk/forum2_theme_111531526.xhtml?&tema=75

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by feldido(m): 9:14am On Jan 03, 2016
We just love shortcuts... grin grin grin

23 Likes

Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by badonkadonk: 9:44am On Jan 03, 2016
Hmmmm...

Modified: 2nd to comment on a thread that hit FP on the first sunday of 2016... Mehn! Better things ahead for me and for us all...
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 03, 2016
What if the phone hang, u know like all those BlackBerry phones that like to hang. Well as for me I don't have to worry, my phone has a non removable battery.

14 Likes

Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by habeeblai244(m): 10:20am On Jan 03, 2016
feldido:
but its bad cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by feldido(m): 10:22am On Jan 03, 2016
habeeblai244:

but its bad cheesy

Guy tell me u don't like shortcuts? grin

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by habeeblai244(m): 10:24am On Jan 03, 2016
greenhulk:
What if the phone hang, u know like all those BlackBerry phones that like to hang. Well as for me I don't have to worry, my phone has a non removable battery.
in case of hang. No remedey

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by habeeblai244(m): 10:26am On Jan 03, 2016
feldido:

Guy tell me u don't like shortcuts? grin

lol. Sure guy. Shortcourt help sometimes but not always
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by Dan42(m): 10:41am On Jan 03, 2016
feldido:
Why can't we follow the due process?
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by feldido(m): 10:43am On Jan 03, 2016
Dan42:

Why can't we follow the due process?

How this one come concern due process? undecided
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by lekjons(m): 1:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
So true!
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by deeswagger: 1:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
It is called hard reset on blackberry, and no on told me that's uncool... So

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by tintingz(m): 1:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
I know this tey tey.
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by youngice(m): 1:27pm On Jan 03, 2016
What if I'm performing a hard reset
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by djeezy(m): 1:28pm On Jan 03, 2016
okay.
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by Trapnews: 1:28pm On Jan 03, 2016
undecided
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by Lanretoye(m): 1:28pm On Jan 03, 2016
Hard reset also has its own advantages.
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by ojnnaco(m): 1:28pm On Jan 03, 2016
Thanks @OP for this Useful information.. Its just that Naija can't do without short cuts ...Lol
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by kasysleek(m): 1:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
NICE
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by MilesLamar(m): 1:31pm On Jan 03, 2016
Guilty of this.. I will chanji my ways cheesy
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by LeoFish92(m): 1:31pm On Jan 03, 2016
Doesn't concern me, my infinix hotnote has a non removable battery
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by Buraka(m): 1:32pm On Jan 03, 2016
pinkture or I don't believ.
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by omisakint: 1:32pm On Jan 03, 2016
What about phones with non removable battery's??
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by okpara007(m): 1:33pm On Jan 03, 2016
What if u use d kind of phone dt shuts itself cus my blackbery tour does dt every now and then
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by emmanuel596(m): 1:33pm On Jan 03, 2016
K
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by PLANETMARS(m): 1:33pm On Jan 03, 2016
taa na to comot ba3 sure pass grin
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by NobleAngell(f): 1:34pm On Jan 03, 2016
So what do you want Curve7 and Bold 5 users to do? Those fones hang more than they ring.
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by UmecheMoses(m): 1:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
Op akoro nothing go do my phone joor. My 3310 still works if I remove the battery.
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by RobinHez(m): 1:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
Valid points. smiley

But sometimes...when demons possess your phone to dial your ex on its own; there's only one way out..wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by refiner(f): 1:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
OK.....will stop following d shortcut from nw on
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 03, 2016
my fone no dy use battry sad
Re: Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery by amebovillage(m): 1:39pm On Jan 03, 2016
ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mtn Night Browsing Plan N2500 Now Working Perfectly At 24hours / iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update / Nokia Themes Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.