Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? (23577 Views)

Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For / What's The English Name Of This Fruit? / The English Name For `ewedu' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by akwaowoudo(m): 5:44am On Sep 24, 2010
@ Missy B
Gd morning, what happened to your nairaland profile? Was it banned? If so, what made it so despite your positive contributions to nairaland?
Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by MissyB3(f): 9:20am On Sep 24, 2010
Good morning to you, too. smiley

Yes, it was banned. . . . I was accused of by-passing the word filter.
Whether that is the actual reason for the ban or not, is anatha story. grin
You alright?
Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by akwaowoudo(m): 2:35am On Sep 25, 2010
Missy ★ B:

Good morning to you, too. smiley

Yes, it was banned. . . . I was accused of by-passing the word filter.
Whether that is the actual reason for the ban or not, is anatha story. grin
You alright?
Sorry; at least with your new profile it proves your love for nairaland.
Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by MissyB3(f): 10:42am On Sep 25, 2010
Nairaland and I are inseparable eh.  grin  grin

Even if Muki bans me 1,000,000 times, that won't stop me from using Nland [if I want to] or doing with ma new I.D, what i used to do with ma previous I.D. cheesy

**One of her a$$-kissers can take that message to her** cool cool
Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by akwaowoudo(m): 3:21am On Sep 26, 2010
Missy ★ B:

Nairaland and I are inseparable eh.  grin  grin

Even if Muki bans me 1,000,000 times, that won't stop me from using Nland [if I want to] or doing with ma new I.D, what i used to do with ma previous I.D. cheesy

**One of her a$$-kissers can take that message to her** cool cool
You are right.
Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by relationshipdj: 1:41pm On May 02, 2012
There have been many research on this fruit. I remember back in the old country we use to eat this thing for fun and we drink the juice too like it was just any regular. Learning about this recently is very interesting. I read it form this site about the supplements and side effects. Read more one some of the Health benefits of Graviola.

Source
http://agraviola.com/
The Graviola tree, annona muricata, Brazilian pawpaw, guanabana, soursop, is a tree that is found deep in the Amazon jungle and also on some Caribbean islands.
Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by harakiri(m): 7:21pm On May 02, 2012
Wetin be Soursop? Na Shawashop jor!!! sad
Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by striker07(m): 4:11pm On Aug 29, 2012
it is either called sharp sharp or soursop were i am
Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by ibhena(m): 8:17am On Nov 08, 2012
amaks: yes,i've been askin around,searchin d net,, all i can do.i dont think sawachop(or whatever) is d real name.its sounds like,n most likely a broken english name.some call it strawwberry but i definately know its not strawberry.pls any1 out there with what is really called in english??
alright,for those who dont know what i'm talkin about,shawachop is a fruit,i think mostly found in d south-south n south-east part of nigeria(, well i've not seen it in the north n the west).oh,very sweet,i like it alot.it has a white fleshy inside,with black little seeds,like water melon.on the outside,its green,with spikes all over d body.its about the size of a pawpaw fruit,or abit smaller.

so plsssssssss,can any1 out there help me??, i just feel i should know properly,(about)something i like alot like that.
The fruit is aswell found in the North! I have eaten it several times in Maiduguri, while growing up, we even had the plant in the house!
Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by ibhena(m): 8:18am On Nov 08, 2012
amaks: yes,i've been askin around,searchin d net,, all i can do.i dont think sawachop(or whatever) is d real name.its sounds like,n most likely a broken english name.some call it strawwberry but i definately know its not strawberry.pls any1 out there with what is really called in english??
alright,for those who dont know what i'm talkin about,shawachop is a fruit,i think mostly found in d south-south n south-east part of nigeria(, well i've not seen it in the north n the west).oh,very sweet,i like it alot.it has a white fleshy inside,with black little seeds,like water melon.on the outside,its green,with spikes all over d body.its about the size of a pawpaw fruit,or abit smaller.

so plsssssssss,can any1 out there help me??, i just feel i should know properly,(about)something i like alot like that.
The fruit is aswell found in the North! I have eaten it several times in Maiduguri, while growing up, we even had the plant in the house! The name is Sour Sop!!!
Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by naijainfogalery: 7:53am On Mar 07, 2013
The English name of the fruit is soursop, search it up on google here is a link to the fruit on wikipaedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soursop
Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by fehintolly: 7:03am On May 22, 2013
Eating a very big size of it as breakfast this morning!I love it so much!
Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by MarJuly(f): 11:16am On May 24, 2013
fastmoney: its called guanabana, google that

That's the botanical name, english name is soursop
Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by ndiyeauwa: 10:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
ibhena:
The fruit is aswell found in the North! I have eaten it several times in Maiduguri, while growing up, we even had the plant in the house!

I'm quite sure what u had in maiduguri was a Custard apple plant. It seems closely related to the Soursop.
Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by kristylopezz: 6:45pm On Nov 12, 2013
so its soursup eeeh!!
My mum calls it chop chop
Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by marylandcakes: 7:02pm On Nov 12, 2013
We used to call it Jack fruit.
Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by Mujeedah650(f): 8:54am On Aug 23, 2015
Do u want to have financial freedom for life n be the world best entrepreneur.. our biz school is wat u looking for.call 08053059986 for more info..
Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by Senatorsanni: 3:58pm On May 14, 2016
Botanical name: Annona muricata
Family: annonaceae (annona family)
Common names: Soursop, Graviola, Brazilianawpaw, Prickly custard apple, etc.
Description
Soursop is believed to be indigenous to most of the warmest tropical regions of the world.

It is a small upright evergreen tree that grows up to 6 metres tall.

It has large dark and shiny green and leathery leaves, which has a pungent odour when crushed.

The flowers are large, with yellow or greenish-yellow colour.
Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by ruffiyke(m): 1:46am On Jul 24, 2016
they all mean the same thing soursop guanabana or custard apple
Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by nairacash1: 4:46am On Jul 24, 2016
sour sop but used to call it shawa chop way back
Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by teesugar(f): 11:05pm On Jul 24, 2016
Its called Sour Sop
Re: Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? by just2endowed: 10:18am On Jun 10, 2017
Hmm old post. Lalasticala come and see

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Cooks Well Right? Pop The Question! Beautiful Pics Wedding/proposal Rings / Yoruba Name For Alfalfa Leaves. / Nigerians Spent ₦4.6 Trillion Eating Out In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.