Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) (23315 Views)

See The Banga Soup N Starch I Prepared This Afternoon. / 20 Of The World's Best, Mouthwatering Soups. Banga Soup Is No 1 (Photos) / CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:07am On Aug 23, 2022
Nigeria is blessed with varieties of food and soups. This is one of the soups enjoyed by the people of Delta and most other regions.

This is a detailed cook with me video with step by step guide, you can't miss anything on how to make banga soup with this recipe.

Ingredients:

Banga (fresh palm fruits)
Beef
Fresh Catfish
Beletete
Banga seasoning
Banga stick
Yellow scent pepper
Red pepper
Onions
Crayfish
Shrimps
Periwinkles
Bitter leaf (optional)
Seasoning cubes
Salt to taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRfvboeSmg

20 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:11am On Aug 23, 2022
IntelChief, the Banga soup you requested for is ready, hope i didn't take so long grin

Have a blessed day ahead everyone.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by Zonefree(m): 11:12am On Aug 23, 2022
Why are you hiding the starch?

I left my girlfriend just to concentrate on banga soup and starch.

22 Likes

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:21am On Aug 23, 2022
Zonefree:
Why are you hiding the starch?

I left my girlfriend just to concentrate on banga soup and starch.

grin grin grin

Make your girl no vex for you oooooo

That starch no be here, e make sense die.

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by mariahAngel(f): 11:42am On Aug 23, 2022
Banga and starch? What gloryhomemaker cannot cook does not exist. cheesy

21 Likes

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:47am On Aug 23, 2022
mariahAngel:
Banga and starch? What gloryhomemaker cannot cook does not exist. cheesy

Nne you have me rolling with laughter grin grin grin

What can I do nah?

It's my calling.

Thank you so much.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by mariahAngel(f): 11:54am On Aug 23, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

What can I do nah?

It's my calling.

Thank you so much.

Hehehehehehe cheesy
I enjoy cooking too.

Is there any distinct taste between banga soup and ofe akwu?

6 Likes

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2022
mariahAngel:

Hehehehehehe cheesy
I enjoy cooking too.

Is there are distinct taste between banga soup and ofe akwu?

I would say the difference will be the spices used.
Banga has beletete, bitterleaf or waterleaf, banga seeds and stick with likes of periwinkle and shrimps which can be optional too.

Ofe Akwu on the other hand is majorly Ugu and Scent leaves used.
But processing the palm nuts is the same process.

11 Likes

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by mariahAngel(f): 12:05pm On Aug 23, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

I would say the difference will be the spices used.
Banga has beletete, bitterleaf or waterleaf, banga seeds and stick with likes of periwinkle and shrimps which can be optional too.
OK.
I doubt I can eat it with rice. cheesy

Ofe Akwu on the other hand is majorly Ugu and Scent leaves used.
But processing the palm nuts is the same process.

Nne, have you ever tried a combination of curry leaves and scent leaves for your Ofe akwu? The taste is out of this world!

10 Likes

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2022
mariahAngel:

OK.
I doubt I can eat it with rice. cheesy

You can eat it with rice too but if your taste buds is used to our Ofe Akwu, you might notice the difference.

Nne, have you ever tried a combination of curry leaves and scent leaves for your Ofe akwu? The taste is out of this world!

Why are tempting me now to enter the kitchen again grin Those curry leaves are eternally delicious for any sauce to be eaten with rice.

9 Likes

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by mariahAngel(f): 12:26pm On Aug 23, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Why are tempting me now to enter the kitchen again grin Those curry leaves are eternally delicious for any sauce to be eaten with rice.

Yeah. Hot rice. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by Bulletproofgt: 2:23pm On Aug 23, 2022
It is Ebetete not beletete

2 Likes

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 2:44pm On Aug 23, 2022
Bulletproofgt:

Oh, thanks for the correction. That's what we have been calling it oooo grin

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by seunak2016: 2:50pm On Aug 23, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

What can I do nah?

It's my calling.

Thank you so much.
can you prepare those intercontinental dish as well ?

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by mariahAngel(f): 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2022
Bulletproofgt:

Really?
I've always known it as beletete because that's what it's mostly called. Even the popular Matse calls it that, and I think she's Urhobo (or Isoko).

9 Likes

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 3:03pm On Aug 23, 2022
seunak2016:
can you prepare those intercontinental dish as well ?

Sure, cooking is a skill. Once you master it you can cook anything with the required ingredients.

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2022
mariahAngel:

Really?
I've always known it as beletete because that's what it's mostly called. Even the popular Matse calls it that, and I think she's Urhobo (or Isoko).

My dear, it might be another dialect within the same language region.

4 Likes

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by mariahAngel(f): 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

My dear, it might be another dialect within the same language region.

I believe so.

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by seunak2016: 4:57pm On Aug 23, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Sure, cooking is a skill. Once you master it you can cook anything with the required ingredients.
do you have cooking school or you got one in mind where someone can study then get certificate that can enable one to work overseas ?or Nigeria here

2 Likes

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 6:26pm On Aug 23, 2022
seunak2016:
do you have cooking school or you got one in mind where someone can study then get certificate that can enable one to work overseas ?or Nigeria here

I don't have any for now. You can check out YETKEM INSTITUTE OF CATERING & HOTEL MANAGEMENT. I see their adverts a lot and they might have what you are looking.

2 Likes

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by SouthSouth1914: 7:31pm On Aug 23, 2022
Banga soup all the way, anyday!!

3 Likes

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by DoctorDree(m): 7:31pm On Aug 23, 2022
Una still dey dull am
Tonight na anything food and hospitality as a whole
Bring your goods ooooo
Moderator dey good mood tonight
FP straight
Kere oooooooo!!!
Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by Authoreety: 7:31pm On Aug 23, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 23, 2022
Yum yum

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by Nairaland211: 7:32pm On Aug 23, 2022
Op you try

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2022
This is nice

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by CondemnBattery(f): 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2022
Please send me your number or chat me up on the number below. You need to recreate this for me. Waiting for your feedback. Nagode
gloryhomemaker:
Nigeria is blessed with varieties of food and soups. This is one of the soups enjoyed by the people of Delta and most other regions.

This is a detailed cook with me video with step by step guide, you can't miss anything on how to make banga soup with this recipe.

Ingredients:

Banga (fresh palm fruits)
Beef
Fresh Catfish
Beletete
Banga seasoning
Banga stick
Yellow scent pepper
Red pepper
Onions
Crayfish
Shrimps
Periwinkles
Bitter leaf (optional)
Seasoning cubes
Salt to taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRfvboeSmg

1 Like

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by Ubdavis(m): 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2022
This one na red sea

4 Likes

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by silvoclaira: 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2022
weird.....op can I taste?

2 Likes

Re: Make The Best Banga Soup From Scratch To Finish With Ease (Photos,Video) by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2022
This woman, you dey try. As a foodie, make I go follow your Youtube channel.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Nairalander Shares Her Christmas Recipe / Affordable Website For Your Business / Homemade Recipe For Vegetable Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.