Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? (2396 Views)

Should A Bornagain Christian Name Their Child Oriki Such As 'ashabi, Ajani' / Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective / Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? by garripack: 5:58pm On Sep 20, 2012
PLEASE NL I HAVE BEING PONDERING THIS ABT A MONTH NOW A FRIEND OF MINE WHOSE FADA IS A VERY DEDICATED WORSHIPER OF CHRIST (BORNAGAIN) CHRISTIAN WAS CALLED UPON HIS VILLAGE/TOWN MEN TO HOLD A CHEIFTAINCY TITLE IN THEIR VILLAGE/TOWN

THE WHO FERVENTLY REFUSED THE PROPOSAL INITIALLY BUT AS TIME PASSED WE WERE ALL SURPRISED DAT THE MAN SAID HE WAS GOING TO ACCEPT THE TITLE THE RERASON HE SAID WAS because HE WANTED TO CONVERT THEM TO CHRIST BUT IN WAS STILL NOT SATISFIED WITH DAT EXCUSE AS FOR IM TO ACCEPT THE CHEIFTAINCY TITLE MY ARE REASON ARE STATED BELOW

1. TRADITIONAL RITUALS
2. MINGLE LING AND PARTICIPATING IN TRADITIONAL RITES AND GATHERING
3. COMPROMISE

PLS NL I REALLY WANT TO KNW IF I AM EXAGGERATING OR IF I AM ON LINE WITH MY DISAGREEMENT TO THE TOPIC
Re: Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:39pm On Sep 20, 2012
TRADITIONAL TITLES ARE NOT MEANT FOR SLAVES OF MAN-WORSHIP!
Re: Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 20, 2012
can two walk together except they be agreed ? AMOS 3 VS 3

1 Like

Re: Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? by Jerry2i(m): 8:03pm On Sep 20, 2012
4 me o,ntgn is wrong with it
Re: Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? by saintvc(m): 10:50pm On Sep 20, 2012
There is notin wrong provided he doesnt join in d ritual and other sinful pratice
Re: Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? by okeyxyz(m): 8:37am On Sep 21, 2012
@OP Yes a christian can take up a traditional title, though it may not be advisable, not that it's sinful but out of consideration for the weak in faith who may be misled.
Re: Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? by garripack: 12:59pm On Sep 21, 2012
author=saintvc]There is notin wrong provided he doesnt join in d ritual and other sinful pratice

[size=20pt]just listen to your self most time i wonder if pple really listen to their self b4 wen spitting out shit from dat pit-hole called mouth

pls use ur brain wen postin.....

[/size]
Re: Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? by garripack: 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2012
Jerry2i: 4 me o,ntgn is wrong with it

[size=50pt]you are christain or islamic terrorist/bokoharam/muslim[/size]
Re: Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? by packman: 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2012
garripack:

[size=50pt]you are christain or islamic terrorist/bokoharam/muslim[/size]

[size=15pt]U ASKED A QUESTION HE ONLY SAID HIS MIND SO WHY POKING ON HIM
[/size][size=20pt]
TO THE TOPIC I TINK THERE IS A LOT OF THINGS WRONG WIT IT WATER AND OIL CAN NOT MIX TOGETHER[/size]

1 Like

Re: Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? by kensandrea: 1:28pm On Sep 21, 2012
packman:

[size=20pt]
TO THE TOPIC I TINK THERE IS A LOT OF THINGS WRONG WIT IT WATER AND OIL CAN NOT MIX TOGETHER[/size]

u hav said it all WATER AND OIL can not mix together no matter how hard you try dats same wat as those two chiftency and christian those two cant go together NEVER
Re: Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:00pm On Sep 21, 2012
[size=32pt]SO LET US THROW SLAVE CHRISTIANITY AND EMBRACE OUR PROUD CULTURE AND TRIBAL RELIGION![/size]
Re: Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:14pm On Sep 21, 2012
okeyxyz: @OP Yes a christian can take up a traditional title, though it may not be advisable, not that it's sinful but out of consideration for the weak in faith who may be misled.

Christians used traditional African languages​​, even the name of the God of traditional religion ... used and mimic traditional religion procedures ...
It is very funny to see Christians pray to Oloórún!
Christianity is not nothing but a number of different sects, which differ between them, without a clear and consistent doctrine and imitating Jewish ceremonies, Catholic and traditionalist.
What else you need to imitate to Catholicism?
My respects.
Re: Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:49pm On Sep 21, 2012
can a donkey be a stallion NO!

can a pastor be a Tribal Chief NO!
Re: Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? by Callotti: 11:27pm On Sep 21, 2012
Is OBJ not a Christian?
Chief Osita Osadebe nko? grin
Re: Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? by garripack: 1:05pm On Sep 22, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Christians used traditional African languages​​, even the name of the God of traditional religion ... used and mimic traditional religion procedures ...
It is very funny to see Christians pray to Oloórún!
Christianity is not nothing but a number of different sects, which differ between them, without a clear and consistent doctrine and imitating Jewish ceremonies, Catholic and traditionalist.
What else you need to imitate to Catholicism?
My respects.

PLS MR MAN I REALLY CANT UNDERSTAND U HERE....... WAT ARE U IMPLYING WAT ARE U STANDING ON......

DATS OW PPLE FAIL EXAM!!!!!!! A VERY SIMPLE QUESTION AND U RE SAYING ANODA THING
garripack:

[size=20pt]just listen to your self most time i wonder if pple really listen to their self b4 wen spitting out shit from dat pit-hole called mouth

pls use ur brain wen postin.....

[/size]
Re: Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? by Ptolomeus(m): 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2012
garripack:

PLS MR MAN I REALLY CANT UNDERSTAND U HERE....... WAT ARE U IMPLYING WAT ARE U STANDING ON......

DATS OW PPLE FAIL EXAM!!!!!!! A VERY SIMPLE QUESTION AND U RE SAYING ANODA THING

1. Your English is worse than mine.
2.I simply say that Christianity has no doctrine itself.
Christianity is a summation of worship of other religions.
3. You do not shout. is very impolite.

My respects.
Re: Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? by garripack: 10:13am On Sep 28, 2012
Ptolomeus:

1. Your English is worse than mine.
2.I simply say that Christianity has no doctrine itself.
Christianity is a summation of worship of other religions.
3. You do not shout. is very impolite.

My respects.

[size=20pt]ENGLISH TEACHER[/size]
Re: Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? by Rossikk(m): 3:22pm On Sep 28, 2012
garripack: PLEASE NL I HAVE BEING PONDERING THIS ABT A MONTH NOW A FRIEND OF MINE WHOSE FADA IS A VERY DEDICATED WORSHIPER OF CHRIST (BORNAGAIN) CHRISTIAN WAS CALLED UPON HIS VILLAGE/TOWN MEN TO HOLD A CHEIFTAINCY TITLE IN THEIR VILLAGE/TOWN

THE WHO FERVENTLY REFUSED THE PROPOSAL INITIALLY BUT AS TIME PASSED WE WERE ALL SURPRISED DAT THE MAN SAID HE WAS GOING TO ACCEPT THE TITLE THE RERASON HE SAID WAS because HE WANTED TO CONVERT THEM TO CHRIST BUT I WAS STILL NOT SATISFIED WITH DAT EXCUSE AS FOR IM TO ACCEPT THE CHEIFTAINCY TITLE MY ARE REASON ARE STATED BELOW

1. TRADITIONAL RITUALS
2. MINGLE LING AND PARTICIPATING IN TRADITIONAL RITES AND GATHERING
3. COMPROMISE

PLS NL I REALLY WANT TO KNW IF I AM EXAGGERATING OR IF I AM ON LINE WITH MY DISAGREEMENT TO THE TOPIC

You are a big GOAT with no functioning brain. That's the best answer for you.
Re: Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? by garripack: 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2012
Rossikk:

You are a big GOAT with no functioning brain. That's the best answer for you.

[size=40pt]MR MAN WHAT VILLAGE ARE YOU FROM ANIMALISTIC RATARD IN THE FORM OF A HUMAN SKIN BIG FOOOL IN THE MAKING IDIATIC CHARACTER WITH AN IRRESPOSIBLE BACKGROUND MTCHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! [/size]
Re: Can A (bornagain) Christain Hold A Chieftaincy Title ? by tpia2005: 5:45am On Dec 29, 2014
I think by now they should have created chieftaincy titles that don't conflict with christian beliefs.

The deep ones can be reserved for non christians or nominal christians.

I'd say any christian who is offered a chieftaincy title, should find out more about what it entails, in addition to praying and fasting.

If refusing the title will give your enemies more room to use you or the position as leeway to advance their own agenda, then that needs to be addressed.

However, some chieftaincy titles come with a price which must be paid in kind, not cash.

(1) (Reply)

What Happens When We Die / / Pls Christians ,6am To 6pm Fasting ,whats Ur Take ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.