Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,355 members, 7,957,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:21 AM

Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi (5349 Views)

Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil / Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells / Anambra Oil Field Ready For Commissioning Next Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by psalmizt(m): 9:04am On Sep 21, 2012
Why is this not on the front page.... Moderator Is NL all about entertainment angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry. This definitely affects the price of you know waht... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by psalmizt(m): 9:07am On Sep 21, 2012
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/orient-petroleum-our-oil-not-in-contention-aguleri-people/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Orient Petroleum: Our oil not in contention – Aguleri people
By VINCENT UJUMADU

AWKA—THE people of Aguleri, hosts to Orient Petroleum Resources Plc, commissioned by President Goodluck Jonathan during his recent visit to Anambra State, insisted, yesterday, that the oil deposits in their land was not in contention, noting that ongoing altercation over oil deposit in Anambra River Basin was due to what they described as confusion caused by armchair geographers.

At a meeting hosted by the traditional ruler of Aguleri, Igwe Christopher Idigo IV and attended by members of the Igwe’s cabinet, leaders of thought and youths of the area, Aguleri people, said that from the arguments since the oil facility was commissioned, it would appear that the people of Kogi and Enugu states laying claim to the oil wells did not know the location of the wells in question.

They noted that they would have allowed the three states of Anambra, Kogi and Enugu to sort out themselves since the boundaries of the three states were properly delineated, adding, however, that as people known for always standing for truth, honour and justice no matter the circumstances, they were confirming once and for all, the ownership of Anambra River oil wells in OPL 915 located in Aguleri Otu.

A statement by Igwe Idigo and six other prominent people in the community, said “Given the topography of the entire West Bank of Anambra River basin, which presently consists of Anambea West Local Government Area and Aguleri Otu in Anambra East

Local Government Area, the lands were acquired by the government to establish the Anambra Forest Reserve in 1931.

“The boundary of the Forest Reserve is very clear and unambiguous. Whereas Enugu State communities of Igga, Ojor and Ogurugu are on the Eastern bank of Anambra River, the Anambra Forest Reserve is on the Western bank of the river. So, Anambra River has always been and is still the natural boundary between Enugu State communities and the forest reserve.

“The Igga community of Enugu State knows that it has no title to the Anambra Forest Reserve and so has no claim to the land. They came in 1967 and demanded compensation from SAFRAP Nigeria Limited, which ended in court and they lost out.

“Similarly in 1984, when Elf Nigeria Limited came for oil wells, the community quickly demanded compensation, but did not succeed. Now, Orient Petroleum has taken a bold step to commence operation, Igga community has come again and they will not succeed, having been stopped by a court of competent jurisdiction.”
Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 21, 2012
psalmizt:

If I may ask, what exactly does Enugu and Kogi state want? angry angry angry angry angry Ok you own the oil wells but not the refinery, we simply strike an agreement like Sudan and South Sudan. And by the way, the what were these guys doing all these years? 11 years is no joke ooooo, Kogi has now brought the political angle into the equation, NEVA EVA should anywhere bring up that Middle Belt nonsense again o! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry Like someone earlier in this thread, we have only 4geopolitical zones in Nigeria: North, SS,SE,SW... Shikena

the way some of you display stark ignorance is appalling!
Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by Jisunpack: 11:52am On Sep 21, 2012
I'm now happy the spell Baef put on our south eastern brothers to believe in the political scam called middle has waned down.

The slogan middle belt, SE & SS is for the loooonnnnnggg thing! LOL.
Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by mpumalanga: 5:36pm On Sep 21, 2012
Some thinks that their view can change anything about oil in Anambra and some are so far away to be
in tune with reality on ground.I laugh at those equating their intelligence as being above Chief
Anyaoku's own just to make a point and the only thing i can seen behind all those assertions is just mere jealousy.

Nobody talks about the oil in Aguleri otu but Kogi.They will get nothing and i say nothing, because they
have nothing.Sooner,Orients will accommodate more international investors for its expansion.Those talking about
ACF should tell me if they take them serious when they declared some places military corridor and if not,they should
know that it is the same with Anambra oil.If they found oil in Enugu,Kogi or any other,they can declare them oil producing state
as it IS not going to affect anything.I think it may be a strategy that will benefit two Igbo states because you can not declare
kogi and leave Enugu out.If they started earlier,it may delay the whole thing.Why can't they go to court like Cross river or
build refinery and do their own things as they are Arewa.
Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by solomon111(m): 7:57pm On Sep 21, 2012
ekt_bear: Western Kogi is Yorubaland, yes. But the lands in question are from a different ethnic group in Kogi.

So for a variety of reasons, not clear how the matter really concerns us.
Go and tell that bull-$hit to ACF.
You will be sacrificed to boko-haram.
Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by manchy7531: 7:07am On Sep 22, 2012
This ACF people are just good at escalating tension in the country.

A friend of mine once said the splitting of Nigeria will be caused by the buffoons up north and i totally agree with him.only time will tell.

Lazy animal who only reap where they did not sow.
Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by patanjaly: 11:42am On Sep 22, 2012
So now north is an oil producing area.
Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by ak47mann(m): 11:26am On Sep 24, 2012
cool nice pix it says a lot:
you can run but you cant hide for ever

Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by Obiagu1(m): 7:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
Dumb a.s.s. ACF, that part of Kogi in question is part of Southern Nigeria, so what has ACF or North got to do with it?
Southern half of Igala and Idoma are Southern Nigeria. Fact!
Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by negedoms: 9:28pm On Sep 27, 2012
as 4 boundary anambara DOES NOT HAVE BOUNDARY WITH KOGI AT LOCATION ONE INSTEAD ENUGU STATE IS AT A DISTANCE OF 8 KM as 4 midle belt or what ever we are midle belters an no matter what u say we must meet the north those who are ready to help .were do u fools expect kogi to run to. U thiefs if its population the ibos are more than us then how do u expect our voices to be heard.thats IQ. WHEN A RAT (IBO) GETS INTO UR HOUSE(KOGI) JUST CALL THE RATS WORST ENEMY CAT(CORE NORTH)
Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by dayokanu(m): 9:36pm On Sep 27, 2012
Well done ekt bear for schooling that illiterate
Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by negedoms: 9:47pm On Sep 27, 2012
we now know why the whole of nigeria is against u(ibo) the niger deltans dissociates themself 4rm u(ibo) every body and as stupid as u people are u are trying to steal 4rm igalas in kogi ,if not 4 this oil tussle i wouldnt have known that we have reasonable population of ethnic igalas in anambara.enugu delta edo states but its only u that try to make them extinct by marginalising in both anambara and enugu , these biafrans i grew up knowing u as making ur money by rituals (blood money) and armed robbery NOW U WANT TO GO INTO OIL AND GAS WITH KOGI OIL SHEY.DONT WORY ANYTHING THAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN

1 Like

Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by negedoms: 10:03pm On Sep 27, 2012
my kogi brother dont mind what the ibo idiotic and ethnic bigots say weather u are igala,ebira or okun we are all one 4 we shall all benefit 4rm it. We have achieved our aim of publicising our griviance to nigerians since we wanted 2 do it the way of peace so it doesnt matter were we go or who we tell ,if it was tru violence nigerians know we would have crushed them .SO MY GUYS JUST SEAT DOWN AND WAIT FOR THE RESULT 4RM THE RELEVANT AGENCIES BY NOVEMBER THIS YEAR AND VICTORY SHALL BE OURS SINCE WE ARE STRUGGLING 4 A GENIUNE CAUSE
Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by negedoms: 11:00pm On Sep 27, 2012
u know something my kogi broda dont listen to what some ineducated ibo boys or girls in this forum say cus i have listen 2 those born outside easth and thier ideology differs from that of this bunch of fools here anything u say here is of ur own opinion so we just need 2 wait 4 the outcome of national boundary commissio that is what anambarian should have done before being declered oil producing state. AND ONE THING THEY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN IS THAT KOGI STATE IS NOT BAKASSI NOT EVEN A FRACTION OF AN INCH OF KOGI WILL BE GIVEN TO ANAMBARA. If aguleri had oil they should have started there so that their own oil will be used in the decleration.the whole wells in ibaji local gov were drilled by elf and not this criminal orient .orient only acquired it and since orient is owned by anambarians they renamed the wells and are trying to cut part of kogi into anambara .the funniest thing isTHAT ON THE DAY OF COMMISSIONING THEY WERE FLAIRING GAS AT AGULERI WHILE THE WELL ARE IN IBAJI THAT WAS HOW JONATHAN WAS DECIEVED .And my people of this forum till date orient have drilled alougth of enpty well in anambara side of the basin and it seems drilling is only possible in ibaji and parts of enugu state See how God wan purnish thief.even the nzam and other communities proclaimed by anambara to be carying out oil exploration within their boundaries is owned bz native igalas who have being marginalise 4 years
Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by negedoms: 5:27pm On Sep 28, 2012
orient oil were accepted when they came to kogi and started exploration work .kogite expected kogi to be declared oil producing state .orient now went into the politics of trying to redraw the boundary of kogi in other to achieve their selfish interest IF IT WERE A FOREIGN COMPANY WITH A NEUTRAL BASE IN LOCAL POLITIC .IT WOULD HAVE GONE THERE CARRY OUT ITS ACTIVITY AND WAIT 4 THE RELEVANT AGENCIES OF GOVERNMENT TO DECLARE THE RIGHT OWNER(KOGI)
Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by cjrane: 4:04am On Sep 29, 2012
negedoms: orient oil were accepted when they came to kogi and started exploration work .kogite expected kogi to be declared oil producing state .orient now went into the politics of trying to redraw the boundary of kogi in other to achieve their selfish interest IF IT WERE A FOREIGN COMPANY WITH A NEUTRAL BASE IN LOCAL POLITIC .IT WOULD HAVE GONE THERE CARRY OUT ITS ACTIVITY AND WAIT 4 THE RELEVANT AGENCIES OF GOVERNMENT TO DECLARE THE RIGHT OWNER(KOGI)

Did you smoke cassava leaves? You ask your self a question and answer yourself . Boy you need to see a psychiatrist fast grin grin grin
Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by chino24: 8:47am On Sep 29, 2012
^

You mean you wasted your bandwidth responding to that usual northern unlettered hack..? Chai !!
Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by negedoms: 6:39pm On Oct 18, 2012
htajz: i tire for the statement oo , i wonder what they teach in school these days, anyway emeka anyaoku should clean up his mess and i hope him and other anambra men learn from this. invest in your home states before venturing elsewhere. i dont see myself investing anywhere outside my home state if my home state have not arrived.
kogi those not share boundary with anambara at the oil well location the boundary shared by kogi n anambara state is 50km 4rm the disputed well
Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by negedoms: 6:57pm On Oct 18, 2012
guyz am tired of insulting people i dont c or even known .sory dudes if u were cought by my mouth .but one thing is certain we are all wasting our time cuz nobody listens 2 our views.as 4 my ibo brodas do not try 2 cheat an igala man cuz it will never work not in these life .let us all wait 4 the relevant agencies 2 do their job n give us the out come
Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by aljharem(m): 7:05pm On Oct 18, 2012
^^^^^^^^

How much did Kogi state invest in the research to know their is oil in Kogi ?
Re: Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi by chiefobdk2: 8:11am On Dec 17, 2021

If the highlighted part is true, Kogi has a good case.
not true

(1) (2) (Reply)

Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector / Ameachi Didnt Betray Jonathan; It Was Vice-versa / FG Committing Another Genocide In South West Land.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.