Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,932 members, 7,863,297 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:44 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (1022) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2434873 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Onyejerenima: 9:09pm On May 26
miscellaneous12:

I'm from Okpanam in Delta state and we have a family house in Asaba. I've not really thought about visiting the East until I saw these Igbo threads on Nairaland.
ok u are welcome to our tread don't listen to what some stupid people talks here ok
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by rtdCivilservant: 9:54am On May 27
Amah70:

Your otherwise lengthy but innocuous comment here on 24/05/2024, the day you registered first on NL, can attract suspicions. If not, you have what could pass as good ideas.
But on Imo state, you get bored by the time some people dish out photos of every road junction in Owerri while knowledgeable ones question why Owerri city is the only place with modern urban infrastructures in Imo state.
Be matured for once.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by rtdCivilservant: 9:57am On May 27
378MW Imo power plant nears completion. Good news coming from Imo state, I see the state been one of the economic hubs of the country in few years from now.

https://punchng.com/378mw-imo-power-plant-nears-completion-says-fg/

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Onyejerenima: 12:01pm On May 27
If Hope uzodinma don't want to complete this residential apartments started by Rochas he should sell them it will improve the look of that area

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Onyejerenima: 3:36pm On May 27
According to news reaching us imo state airport have started night operations, u can now land and take off at night in imo state airport

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ozuru(m): 5:27pm On May 27
Construction of Umuowa road down to Orlu old market has commenced and work in progress

6 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 5:52am On May 29
Hope Uzodinma is behaving as though someone threatened him to start working now or he will be ruthlessly dealt with. He had four years to do most of these things he's doing now but had nothing significant to his name.

In Nigeria, governors use second tenures to complete projects they initiated in their first tenures. I am not a prophet of doom, but I see Hope Uzodinma abandoning many projects like his predecessors.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Goldsplash(m): 8:05am On May 29
Hope Uzodimma will go down in history as one of the worst, if not the worst governor of Imo state. Many politicians don't realize that their position is an opportunity given to them by fate to be remembered for good for generations to come. Sam Mbakwe, may he rest in peace, is no longer here but he is still being remembered for his good works. If I weren't a God-fearing person, I would have cursed Hope Uzodimma. Let's be honest, the man is a disgrace to good governance.

7 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by madubaymi: 10:57pm On Jun 01
It is disheartening to hear of the deteriorating facilities at Okigwe stadium. This lack of maintenance is endemic in our system. Uzodimma administration must not allow facilities like this to decay into obscurity, even though it was constructed by Okorocha's government. I wonder what is the state of Orlu and Owerri stadiums.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:59am On Jun 04
Presently Imo is the slowest State in Southeast. Abia is the fastest while Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi are fast too but Imo is not doing much compared with them. The Assumpta flyover is the major project in Imo State and nothing much left. The narrow Owerri-Umuahi road is a federal road, Owerri-Okigwe is federal road and Owerri-Orlu also a federal road. Uzodinma has tried in road construction but presently he is lagging behind . Imo, Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi should borrow a leaf from Abia and start building quality urban roads a departure from the past of experimental roads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ilapU-zZJ4?si=DQlu7Zt5Jg8zZs2I

6 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ttipsy(f): 12:34pm On Jun 04
Abagworo:
Presently Imo is the slowest State in Southeast. Abia is the fastest while Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi are fast too but Imo is not doing much compared with them. The Assumpta flyover is the major project in Imo State and nothing much left. The narrow Owerri-Umuahi road is a federal road, Owerri-Okigwe is federal road and Owerri-Orlu also a federal road. Uzodinma has tried in road construction but presently he is lagging behind . Imo, Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi should borrow a leaf from Abia and start building quality urban roads a departure from the past of experimental roads.

why do you guys like comparison so much?

It is becoming irritating and stale

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by wizzyvibes: 1:06pm On Jun 04
Healthy competition is good though. When different government compete amongst themselves in doing the best for their states, it brings about the much needed development

Ttipsy:

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Broveens42(m): 2:30pm On Jun 04
Abagworo:

. I once told you guys before I traveled to the PRC that imo is the second most built up state in Nigeria and non believed me….. when you take a critical look at provinces and districts in the PRC , it just has same ambience with LGA’s in imo except for quality tars, flyovers and sidewalks. This can’t be said for other states, because there’s a total disconnect for any basis of comparison.

Sorry for not keeping in touch. We are struggling with VPN issues here
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NwekereNdokl: 4:46pm On Jun 04
You have started your madness again. Say that your backward imo state should borrow a leaf from Abia , stop putting Anambra into your useless analysis. Soludo is doing great , uzodimma should go to him and learn how to develop infrastructure .

Abagworo:

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Unbiased1: 5:44pm On Jun 04
Ttipsy:

What a conclusion. Why do some of you love backwardness and mediocrity so much? Even Abagworo who is known to defend Imo everytime is beginning to face reality that Uzodinma is a bloody fool in Imo state that is running the state based on propaganda. See how other Eastern states are working fast but Imo has been almost stagnant for about 5 years because of a clueless propaganda governor.

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by nwadikeokey11: 9:38pm On Jun 04
Unbiased1:

What a conclusion. Why do some of you love backwardness and mediocrity so much? Even Abagworo who is known to defend Imo everytime is beginning to face reality that Uzodinma is a bloody fool in Imo state that is running the state based on propaganda. See how other Eastern states are working fast but Imo has been almost stagnant for about 5 years because of a clueless propaganda governor.
And no one is even mentioning the fact that Imo state annual budget is almost higher than the rest of the 4 South East states put together. Can someone please help me understand what that buffoon called hopeless uzodinjo is doing with almost a billion dollar budget he dulls out every year? Only a fellow zombie will support, praise and sing for uzodinjo for his evil in Imo state.

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:57pm On Jun 04
Unbiased1:

I didn't say Uzodinma is a fool. Mind how you address my Governor or any leader cause leadership is not easy. Watching people play football you find it easy criticizing but when put in the field you may end up worse. Uzodinma has done well as a Governor amidst the many challenges he faced but I only wrote my observation based on infrastructural projects embarked upon by the present Southeast Governors. Otti stands out because he is what Ngige was in Anambra Srate which is a Governor who used quality contractors to do quality works.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Unbiased1: 8:41am On Jun 05
Abagworo:

I didn't say Uzodinma is a fool. Mind how you address my Governor or any leader cause leadership is not easy. Watching people play football you find it easy criticizing but when put in the field you may end up worse. Uzodinma has done well as a Governor amidst the many challenges he faced but I only wrote my observation based on infrastructural projects embarked upon by the present Southeast Governors. Otti stands out because he is what Ngige was in Anambra Srate which is a Governor who used quality contractors to do quality works.

Lol. Na fool the man be. 5 years in office with little to show. When last did you watch the Imo Prosperity videos his media team normally release? They have run out of projects to show grin
Okorocha wasn't this horrible in his first 5 years in office.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by vengertime: 9:32am On Jun 05
wizzyvibes:
Healthy competition is good though. When different government compete amongst themselves in doing the best for their states, it brings about the much needed development

Healthy competition indeed, that's what siblings say until they both end up in depression

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NwekereNdokl: 12:58pm On Jun 05
Owerri is slum and glorified village

Ttipsy:
Enugu is one of the best cities in Nigeria

Best city in Nigeria!

Picture: Owerri

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 8:49pm On Jun 05
nwadikeokey11:
And no one is even mentioning the fact that Imo state annual budget is almost higher than the rest of the 4 South East states put together. Can someone please help me understand what that buffoon called hopeless uzodinjo is doing with almost a billion dollar budget he dulls out every year? Only a fellow zombie will support, praise and sing for uzodinjo for his evil in Imo state.

You people need to understand that a budget is not money; a budget is a financial plan. They don't have that money anywhere and always plan to borrow to augment IGR and national allocation.

That's why I always appreciate the Lagos State government. Lagos is the only state I know that tells the public the percentage of previous budget achieved before reading a new budget. What politicians do every year is to come out and present big figures that don't exist anywhere.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by nwadikeokey11: 10:02pm On Jun 05
SoNature:

You people need to understand that a budget is not money; a budget is a financial plan. They don't have that money anywhere and always plan to borrow to augment IGR.

That's why I always appreciate the Lagos State government. Lagos is the only state I know that tells the public the percentage of previous budget achieved before reading a new budget. What politicians do every year is to come out and present big figures that don't exist anywhere.
They don't have that money anywhere, always plan to borrow. To borrow and do what with the money? If annual budget of a state or a country isn't really the actual money needed or spent during the year as you are implying, so where do governments get the money to execute projects and other expenses during the year? What is budget for and what are they budgeting for? If you had say that all the money budgeted for the year may not be spent I will understand but saying that annual budget means nothing is really going off point. Now I want to ask you. What is supplementary budget, can you help me understand what that is? Because if all the money budgeted for the year may not be expended, it can also not be enough therefore supplementary may be needed. So what really are you talking about here?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:05pm On Jun 05
Nothing is better than building roads with covered drainage. Abia State and Rivers State have been consistently doing it over the years while other Southeastern Governors feel it's of no use. The result is that overtime open drainages are reducing in city center.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX32Rpty0Os?si=RmJ15lyWp0wjUu8J

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU2fTB8Kg08?si=94AcmOtBJi5R9Jz6

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Unbiased1: 10:58pm On Jun 05
SoNature:

You people need to understand that a budget is not money; a budget is a financial plan. They don't have that money anywhere and always plan to borrow to augment IGR.

That's how to know a propaganda governor. A governor who consistently presents inflated budgets each year knowing fully well that he can't achieve half of what is in the budget is a propaganda governor. That was the same thing the ex governor of Cross River State was doing. Every year he announces a budget exceeding 1 trillion and does not even achieve up to half of what was written in the budget. Uzodinma invited Buhari on 2 occasions to commission half completed road projects. That is propaganda right there. Uzodinma's recent achievement was his "thought provoking" speech at the UNN convocation ceremony that took place in Nsukka, Enugu state. His speech was such a huge achievement, his media team dedicated an entire "Imo" Prosperity episode just to showcase that speech. grin For a speech given at Enugu to be showcased for 30 long mins as an Imo achievement, that's to show you how clueless that governor and his media team are.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ttipsy(f): 4:21pm On Jun 06
AFTER TAKE OVER OF EGBEMA POWER PLANT BY IMO STATE GOVERNMENT FROM THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT,

Partnership with Egyptian power company is sealed to provide electricity for Imo residents.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nchenches: 8:01pm On Jun 07
Abagworo:
Nothing is better than building roads with covered drainage. Abia State and Rivers State have been consistently doing it over the years while other Southeastern Governors feel it's of no use. The result is that overtime open drainages are reducing in city center.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX32Rpty0Os?si=RmJ15lyWp0wjUu8J

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU2fTB8Kg08?si=94AcmOtBJi5R9Jz6
Dust on roads.
After spending millions of Dollars to build city roads, with underground drainage and side walks, why don't Rivers and Abia govts put a small amount of money in buying road sweeping and washing machines to keep the roads dust free?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ttipsy(f): 9:52pm On Jun 08
I was just wondering how and where orlu state will be created .
??
They should just rest the matter!
If they really want to create 6th state for SE, every right thinking person will consider Anioma state, formed from Delta north and Ndoni part in Rivers

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nchenches: 7:31am On Jun 09
Ttipsy:
I was just wondering how and where orlu state will be created .
??
They should just rest the matter!
If they really want to create 6th state for SE, every right thinking person will consider Anioma state, formed from Delta north and Ndoni part in Rivers

Owerri, you still want to eat head and tail in Imo state?
Stop this your SALE of SNAKE OIL.

Orlu state proposal is still as it was proposed in 2006 and was about to be created before Senate President Nnamani threw away the baby with the bathtub.

FYI, onye mgbu, in 1976 when Imo state was cut out from the old East Central State, people of Anambra state never objected to cutting out Imo the oil producing area from them. Today, is Imo better than Anambra and Enugu States?

Because of fear in Oru-Owerri people that Orlu senatorial zone deserves a state of its own, and might be made a state before long is reason why your Oru-Owerri seized 99% of government institutions that induce human and economic development in Imo state and located all in Owerri zone during the military era.

The difference in levels of urban development between Owerri and Orlu in 1976 was thin. But because Owerri seized all government institutions and parastatals in Imo state for location in Owerri zone, and nothing for Orlu zone to develop with, modern development and urban expansion in Owerri zone quickly ballooned. Orlu stagnates in modern development.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Onyejerenima: 7:53am On Jun 09
Nchenches:

Orlu state proposal is still as it was proposed in 2006 and was about to be created before Senate President Nnamani threw away the baby with the bathtub.

FYI, onye mgbu, in 1976 when Imo state was cut out from the old East Central State, people of Anambra state never objected to cutting out Imo the oil producing area from them. Today, is Imo better than Anambra and Enugu States?

Because of fear in Oru-Owerri people that Orlu senatorial zone deserves a state of its own, and might be made a state before long is reason why your Oru-Owerri seized 99% of government institutions that induce human and economic development in Imo state and located all in Owerri zone during the military era.

The difference in levels of urban development between Owerri and Orlu in 1976 was thin. But because Owerri seized all government institutions and parastatals in Imo state for location in Owerri zone, and nothing for Orlu zone to develop with, modern development and urban expansion in Owerri zone quickly ballooned. Orlu stagnates in modern development.

oga what south east needs is true federalism and regional system of government, that is the only thing that will quench this agitation not new state creation. Those that are fighting for new state are looters who wants to be governor of the new state nonsense
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Broveens42(m): 9:00am On Jun 09
Onyejerenima:
oga what south east needs is true federalism and regional system of government, that is the only thing that will quench this agitation not new state creation. Those that are fighting for new state are looters who wants to be governor of the new state nonsense
you are very intelligent… I’m actually doing an understudy of the Provinces in China… and I can’t help but admire these Asians and how well they have done for themselves…. Until there’s conscientious effort to shun theft for development, we would still steer the circus of mediocrity
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nchenches: 9:10am On Jun 09
Onyejerenima:

Intelligent by half.
Then let us merge Imo state to any of the nearby states to stop looting of government funds.
As for true federalism and regional government system, who will give you that in contemporary Nigeria? I know you will refuse Owerri and Imo State return to Enugu as regional capital.

SE has been underrepresented in the NASS and at the FEC as well as losing trillions of Naira from federal allocations since 1996 when the last states were created and the 6th state for SE was taken to make the 7th state in the NW zone.
Myopia and clannish interest in some of you in 2006 contributed to non creation of this Njaba/Orlu state in 2006.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ttipsy(f): 9:31am On Jun 09
Nchenches:

Imo has been ruled multiple times by governors from Orlu zone.
Who’s stopping them from developing Orlu?

Only Rochsas was able to do good works in Orlu.

Hope seems to be focusing on owerri giving Orlu little attention.

Your argument is baseless sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.