Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2397791 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 11:49am On Feb 19, 2018
justineu:
I thought you are one of his media team?

I'm not. I'm just a patriotic Imolite and Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 1:04pm On Feb 19, 2018
Work about to begin on dualization of Mgbidi-Oguta road. I still remember when I suggested this earlier on this thread. Okorocha is presently everywhere with road construction.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 1:20pm On Feb 19, 2018
Abogwara:

It's an old photo from drainage construction by Timik at Banana junction.

Orlu Drainage Project is the underground drainage Project that was started by Ikwechegh govt from St. Joseph Catholic Church, Umuna and to Chanel flood into Ogidi Valley about (700 meters gutter). It was not completed.

Okorocha mentioned this project in a video address last year where he stated "I know we are yet to complete Orlu urban drainage system."

Please let Okorocha understand that if he fails to complete this gutter to channel Orlu floods away from the City, whatever road he builds in Orlu area, including the road to Ogboko, shall all wash away soon.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 2:18pm On Feb 19, 2018
Abogwara:

So what was in Orlu before Okorocha if you feel those things I listed are nothing? He gave Orlu underground drainage and dual carriage ways but you still think it's nothing. Tell me of any Governor apart from Akpabio who has changed a one road city to a double lane city? Imo State is not a rich State but Okorocha succeeded because of wisdom. Below are photos from construction of roads in Orlu.

Okorocha govt must have built dozens of dual carriageway and underground drainage systems in Owerri.

Where is the sense in boasting about the Ihioma-Amaigbo Road which was changed to double lane in Orlu? The other double lanes streets do not add up to one kilometer.

Or you don't know that it's illegal for a state governor to lavish nearly all the state's capital development funds and local government allocations on building only the State capital?

Can you accept president Buhari lavishing nearly all of Nigeria's capital development funds on Abuja, and tell rest of Nigeria to wait for the next government for development of their cities?

Come to Orlu, move out from this dualized Ihioma-Amaigbo road, and go into the scores of fully inhabited Urban roads in Orlu, you shall curse whoever is governor of Imo state punishing citizens with dusty and muddy streets, more so, considering how the governor lavishes his road and other projects only on Owerri soil.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 4:19pm On Feb 19, 2018
Work intensified at the new underground and multistorey car park in Owerri.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 4:20pm On Feb 19, 2018
More

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by 6pax: 6:36am On Feb 20, 2018
Abogwara:
More
Wow!
Very impressive.
Do you have the 3D rendering of the design?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 7:38am On Feb 20, 2018
Imo Government through the State house of Assembly has built 27 model ICT centers across the 27 local councils of the State.

Five Out Of the Twenty Seven Local Governments Information Communication Technology (ICT) Centres Were Handed Over To The Local Governments Namely Isu, Nwangele, Ideato South, Ideato North And Orlu Local Governments.

It Is The IMO Governor Owelle Rochas Okorocha's Desire That Every Staff Of Government Establishments And IMO Citizenry Become Computer Literacy Compliant In Order To Meet Up With The Challenges Of Paperless Society In The Near Future Especially Now That Everything Is Computer Based. That Vision Of His Excellency Has Become A Reality. It Is Happening In Our Own Time.

The Honourable Commissioner For Local Government Barr. Emma Ibediro Was Accompanied By His Science And Technology Counterpart Hon. Commissioner Chief Emma Bukar Iwuanyanwu.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 7:40am On Feb 20, 2018
Most other Governors should emulate this especially in the rural areas of various States.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 7:46am On Feb 20, 2018
maintenance is going to be the issue

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 7:54am On Feb 20, 2018
asha80:
maintenance is going to be the issue

That's one of our inherent bad attitude in Nigeria. People might vandalize them thinking Government is different from them and then a future Governor will have rebuild again.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IgboticGirl(f): 10:34am On Feb 20, 2018
LOVE WHAT U ARE DOING ABGWORO

KEEP IT UP

WHEN PEOPLE KEEP ON BLAMING ROCHAS I KEEP LAUGHING...ROCHAS IS BEST WHEN IT COMES TO SOUTH EAST
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Scholes007(m): 10:42am On Feb 20, 2018
Rojas okorocha is doing well
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Incredibleme: 10:52am On Feb 20, 2018
Abogwara:
Work intensified at the new underground and multistorey car park in Owerri.
Pls explain, what is the essence of this multi-storey car park?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BiafraIShere(m): 11:00am On Feb 20, 2018
asha80:
skye bank or sterling bank?unless he wants to widen the road but so many buildings would be destroyed if that is his intention..i agree with you that wetheral is the most solid road in owerri
People exaggerate a lot in Owerri, especially when it has to do with propaganda. I was at DSTV office yesterday at Whetheral road and I observed what is going on. The state governor is widening the intersection between Whetheral road and Okigwe road, the fence and parts of Skye Bank and the other bank beside it were demolished to pave way for the expansion ditto with the other side of the road. No building is going to be demolished. Also, at Fire service junction, the median of the road was shortened to make the road wider. But I saw some posts earlier about the destruction of the roundabout!? MCC junction should also worked on to channel the gutters well. Rochas has done some good works no doubt but some of his projects are not good enough, I can't believe that he demolished new market only for him to be building another mediocre market there? Why not a standard shopping mall like the one at Egbu road?? How does he expect Alaba market to be viable when he is building another open air market just a few yards away?? Who will go to Alaba when they can easily shop at new market? I am totally disappointed with the kind of mediocre village square market he is building after demolishing new market. Again, all that space he is leaving at the front of that market will soon be converted into a slum where people will be selling under batchers and umbrellas.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BiafraIShere(m): 11:11am On Feb 20, 2018
kikake:

Okorocha govt must have built dozens of dual carriageway and underground drainage systems in Owerri.

Where is the sense in boasting about the Ihioma-Amaigbo Road which was changed to double lane in Orlu? The other double lanes streets do not add up to one kilometer.

Or you don't know that it's illegal for a state governor to lavish nearly all the state's capital development funds and local government allocations on building only the State capital?

Can you accept president Buhari lavishing nearly all of Nigeria's capital development funds on Abuja, and tell rest of Nigeria to wait for the next government for development of their cities?

Come to Orlu, move out from this dualized Ihioma-Amaigbo road, and go into the scores of fully inhabited Urban roads in Orlu, you shall curse whoever is governor of Imo state punishing citizens with dusty and muddy streets, more so, considering how the governor lavishes his road and other projects only on Owerri soil.
Why are you so stubborn in your myopic analysis? Is other parts of Nigeria as developed as Abuja? Is other parts of Rivers state as developed as P.harcourt? Is other parts of Ghana as developed as Accra? Why do you want a glorified village like Orlu to be at par with Owerri?? Are you kidding me?? You should be grateful for the attention Rochas has given to Orlu already. Orlu is not better than Ahiara in Mbaise, Okigwe and other towns in Imo state. Stop comparing Orlu to Owerri, they are not in the same league at all grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 2:13pm On Feb 20, 2018
Useless old man. This happened in Owerri Imo state, tell us bad news that is worse than this? Imo state is synonymous with bad horrific news. Till today Okoroawusa has not done anything about this. Imo state is a cursed, worthless and useless state.

Abogwara:
Anambra and bad news.... Where is Chino ?

http://www.informationng.com/2017/11/rival-cult-members-behead-3-men-room-obitti-imo-state-escape-heads-graphic-photos.html

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 2:27pm On Feb 20, 2018
20 people killed already. Imo state is cursed with under development, bad leaders and bad people. Look at how their cursed one legged occultic limping governor has destroyed their state. Where is the cursed hopeless poverty inflicted old man called abogwara aka imo1stson? Osetigo Imo state is on fire. cheesy

IMO: MBAITOLI LGA ON FIRE, AS MANY FEARES DEAD OVER 2019
By Emeka Iwuji

No fewer than 20 able bodied youths were feared dead at Mbaitoli local government area along Umuaka-Orlu road on Monday, February 19th, 2019.

According to a source, trouble ensued when some strange individuals dressed in blue vest T-shirt numbering over 500 suspected to be working under the instruction of the Chief of Staff, Government House and son-in-law to Governor Okorocha stormed the council to endorse Mr. Nwosu.

According to the source, the strangers were stopped at the gate of the LGA by security officers to ascertain their mission, the source maintained that the action of security agents infuriated them leading to sporadic shooting.

The source further disclosed that during the shooting, over 20 individuals were feared dead while many that sustained various degrees of injury were whisked away to undisclosed hospitals.

In a chat with one of the securities stationed at the LGA who wouldn't want his name in print said, "see ooo, we were here this morning, some individuals who came with over 25 coaster buses tried to force themselves into the council Chambers, and when we tried to identify them, one of them told us that they were sent by the COS, Ugwumba Uche Nwosu to do anything possible to endorse him at the council Chambers but when we asked if they got authorization from the management, they became uncomfortable and before we knew it, they opened fire leading to the lose of lives, while about three persons were said to missing".

When we contacted the Imo Police Public Relations Officer, Dsp Andrew Enwerem, to confirm the situation, his phone was switched off.

http://punchng.com/breaking-supporters-of-okorochas-deputy-son-in-law-in-violent-fight/

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 9:42pm On Feb 20, 2018
Who did this to Imo state? After indebting Imo state to the tune of over 200 billion but still yet nothing to show. What did Okoroawusa do with all the monies including 13% derivation and federal allocation?

No one is investing in imo state.

Imolites are running away from their cursed state.

Who cursed Imo state?

Abogwara please come and explain.

]
Abogwara:
After recycling individual business establishments including hotels and petrol stations, this thread is still struggling to attain 20 pages.
Who did this thing to Chino?

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 10:27pm On Feb 20, 2018
BiafraIShere:
Why are you so stubborn in your myopic analysis? Is other parts of Nigeria as developed as Abuja? Is other parts of Rivers state as developed as P.harcourt? Is other parts of Ghana as developed as Accra? Why do you want a glorified village like Orlu to be at par with Owerri?? Are you kidding me?? You should be grateful for the attention Rochas has given to Orlu already. Orlu is not better than Ahiara in Mbaise, Okigwe and other towns in Imo state. Stop comparing Orlu to Owerri, they are not in the same league at all grin grin

A STATE IS SUPPOSED TO DEVELOP UNIFORMLY.

THERE IS NO WHERE IN NIGERIA'S CONSTITUTION WHERE IT IS STIPULATED THAT EVERY STATE GOVERNOR MUST DEVOTE MOST OF THE STATE'S INFRASTRUCTURES ON THE STATE CAPITAL, WHILE REST OF THE TOWNS OF THE STATE REMAIN GLORIFIED VILLAGES.

@BiafralShere, Yours is the mindset of a typical Owerri Dud who normally believes that Imo state was created for successive state governors to use all the Capital Development funds budgeted every year by IMSG, as well as the federal allocations of the 27 lgas of Imo state, to provide development infrastructures in Owerri.

Owerri fights every governor to ensure that all six tertiary academic institutions and Federal housing estates and ministry locations wrongly located in Owerri remain in Owerri.

Ask Owerri man why? His only answer is because Owerri is the State Capital.

Result of Owerri having nearly every development infrastructures of Imo state are:

a plot of land belonging to an Owerri indigene appreciates in value and sells for million million Naira.

An average Owerri man sells a plot of land and has no need to do work all his life.

If an average civil servant from Orlu and Okigwe areas can afford to train one ward in any of the tertiary academic institutions scattered all over Owerri, an average civil servant from Owerri zone can train five wards in the Owerri institutions, given the advantages to Owerri of nearness to the institutions.

It's estimated that N2 billion cash moves into Owerri zone every week from the tertiary education institutions in Owerri. Some of those institutions should have been spread out to Orlu and Okigwe areas to enhance even development of Imo state.

You are happy to have a state forced by ignorant governors and greedy Owerri locals to have only one modern city - the twin cities of New and Old Owerri. because you come from the area where the modern city is located.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 10:36pm On Feb 20, 2018
BiafraIShere:

If you are not foolish, by 1976 when Imo state was created, the towns of Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe had nearly equal levels of urbanization.

But now thank the governors of Imo state who bought your idiotic idea that a state capital is supposed to be provided far more development infrastructures by government ahead of the rest of the state.

What the governor and clowns like you are promoting in Imo state is a culture of different civilizations between Owerri and rest of Imo state.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 6:59pm On Feb 21, 2018
Cursed old man you are still bitter.

Look at one of many substandard roads done by Okoroawusa that collapsed under one night rainfall. Imo state is cursed. cheesy

Abogwara:

Don't mind Chino. This road wasn't up to 2 weeks of painting and commissioning by Obiano.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by lmo1stson: 7:14pm On Feb 21, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Cursed old man you are still bitter.

Look at one of many substandard roads done by Okoroawusa that collapsed under one night rainfall. Imo state is cursed. cheesy

In all honesty, I think Rochas has failed Imo state. Almost all the project he has done collapses as soon as the contractors are leaving the site. Fonr instance look at this school done by Rochas, it collapsed almost immediately it was completed. Why littering everywhere with substandard local govt projects that does not last one week?

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by lmo1stson: 7:24pm On Feb 21, 2018
For the records, below is the Princess Hotel in Okigwe, it collapsed just as they were still building it. A major government project was being built with shovel and barrow. Since then it has been abandoned like that till. Is Imo state cursed or are we the cause?

Princess Hotel, Okigwe collapses

The multi-million Naira Princess Hotel, Okigwe, being constructed by Imo State Government, has collapsed. Vanguard investigation revealed that the structure, which was still at its early stages, crumbled after the concrete beams were put in place by the contracting firm. It was also gathered that no life was lost in the incident but a civil engineer, who spoke on strict grounds of anonymity, blamed the crash on substandard materials or a possible plan by the contractor to cut corners. Reacting to the incident, the Senior Special Assistant (Media) to the Governor, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo, described the hotel as “an on-going project that has not got to a level one would say it has collapsed”.

While saying that the project is still at its elementary stage, Onwuemeodo however explained that “what fell down was the form-work for the reinforced concrete slab, which the engineers handling the project said could not have fallen without being hit with hard object”. Answering a question, Onwuemeodo said that the suspicion that the form-work for the reinforced concrete slab was forced down with a strong object has been taken note of and the government has already taken steps to investigate the suspicion of sabotage.

The SSA further said that the engineer’s claim “has also raised the issue of sabotage”, stressing that the people who had rushed to the media to raise the alarm that the Princess Hotel has collapsed are the same people who have been telling their audience that the project does not exist. “It is therefore unfortunate that few elements in the state have decided not to see the numerous achievements of the state government in less than three years, but are only interested in negative stories about the government”, the SSA said.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/02/princess-hotel-okigwe-collapses/

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 7:29pm On Feb 21, 2018
Osetigoo cheesy

You hardly see Imo state people asking relevant questions, the reason the state is backward. How can a whole hotel project being built by the state government collapse and no one is talking about it.

Where is the jobless frustrated dirty old man called abogwara? Oya come and explain and defend or else you shall not receive your monthly stipend this month. cheesy

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by 6pax: 10:52pm On Feb 21, 2018
Abogwara:
Most other Governors should emulate this especially in the rural areas of various States.

Wow!
Love this.
Really commendable
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 11:07pm On Feb 21, 2018
Chino you are never tired. Ngwa come and chop "ofe Owerri" on my head.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 6:09am On Feb 22, 2018
Poor dirty jobless old man. The same animal that still live with his poor old mother. I have called you out each time I was in Ph but you are always ashamed to show up your miserable self. Wait for me, I will be in Ph by Sunday or Monday next week.

Na me and you for this NL.

Below is the current state of the shithole Owerri one inch road you posted. Note the road has since washed away under one month.

[s]
Abogwara:
Chino you are never tired. Ngwa come and chop "ofe Owerri" on my head.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 6:43am On Feb 22, 2018
Below was the flyover at Owerri that was commissioned by Okoroawusa with fanfare. But this same flyover collapsed almost immediately and till today it has not been used by any motorist.

Where is the cursed hopeless poverty inflicted old man called Abogwara. Please come and defend this or there won't be any stipend for you this month. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 8:30am On Feb 22, 2018
Chino I offered you hand of frienship with "ofe Owerri" which your people can die for because of its rich taste and now you are back with your self manufactured photoshop. Ok let me offer you 'Okazi'

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 8:33am On Feb 22, 2018
I knew it won't pass hotel and same substandard that has since washed away. cheesy

Useless old man. Tell us about flyover. We are waiting. cheesy

Is this what you call photoshop? cheesy

[s]
Abogwara:
Chino I offered you hand of frienship with "ofe Owerri" which your people can die for because of its rich taste and now you are back with your self manufactured photoshop. Ok let me offer you 'Okazi'
[/s]

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 8:36am On Feb 22, 2018
I know NL would explode if you ever had this type of infrastructure anywhere in Imo state. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.